Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

ad090 posted:

I wonder if he hadn't of tried to forbid her going, and just laid out the timeline, she would of been more receptive to his argument. Seems like really obvious considering what her boss was attempting that some shady poo poo was gonna go down, but her anger at the op for trying to forbid her anything might have made her do something reckless, like go to said dinner and make a comment that he's married and therefore won't do anything.
No, she would have gone regardless because self confidence to deal with anything that could have gone wrong plus opportunity to improve at work plus a little ambition and flattery means she would have convinced herself it was worth going even if she had acknowledged that it was probably a proposition. Him handling it differently might, maybe, have changed her reaction when she got back and she might have confided in him directly instead of blaming him.

They were both bad at handling their emotions and could have communicated better every step of the way, but the work events themselves would have unfolded the same regardless because no matter how obvious and likely the risk she would never have viewed it as threatening enough to not take it on the slim chance that it was all on the up and up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Hellblazer187 posted:

Or even saying something like "This makes me extremely uncomfortable, I'm asking you not to go."

I could never imagine telling my wife she "can't" do something. I can say something makes me uncomfortable, and if she does it anyways, I'm free to lawyer up and get out of dodge. But the "you cannot do this" phrasing is legitimately not OK.

Really, you could never imagine it? Never ever?

Do you have kids? Pets?

Imagine her doing something stupid or dangerous with the kids or pets- not that she would- but imagine it. I bet you'd find those words right quick.

"Sweetheart, I'm uncomfortable with you not vaccinating our kids."

"Sweetheart, i'm uncomfortable with you giving the dog chocolate."

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

What if she was Hitler. Wouldn't you tell Hitler wife "you cannot do the holocaust"?

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Twelve Batmans posted:

Do you have kids? Pets?

Imagine her doing something stupid or dangerous with the kids or pets- not that she would- but imagine it. I bet you'd find those words right quick.

This is how I feel whenever people say that. You absolutely can forbid your partner from doing things, hell honestly there's situations you'd be a bad partner of you didn't. Now you can't force them to listen to you, of course.

There's a time and a place for it.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I think the denizens of this thread would smell bad partners from a mile away and never get into a relationship like that

lol

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

I don't disagree that she was stressed out at the time, I just don't feel being stressed out in that way excuses you from being lovely to your partner and it doesn't make him an rear end in a top hat to want to break up with her over her treating him that way, even in the heat of the moment

He is also creepy for talking about her chest in a weird way and situation yeah

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

hawowanlawow posted:

I think the denizens of this thread would smell bad partners from a mile away and never get into a relationship like that

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lmao she was in the wrong for taking all of her anger with the situation out on him.

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Blade Runner posted:

I don't disagree that she was stressed out at the time, I just don't feel being stressed out in that way excuses you from being lovely to your partner and it doesn't make him an rear end in a top hat to want to break up with her over her treating him that way, even in the heat of the moment

He is also creepy for talking about her chest in a weird way and situation yeah

The chest thing is loving weird and outs him as a creep too and it really is better for everyone involved to just split. Sounds like too much of a dude bro for her anyway.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Twelve Batmans posted:

That aside, you are a smart enough poster to know I am speaking about her actions in their entirety. Let's not be disingenuous here by first putting yourself in the narrative on the offhand someone may insult you, and second to think I am speaking of her simply going to dinner with her boss devoid of all other context.
I'm asking to find out where you think "she did a lot wrong" started happening. I live in NYC so transportation is weird/different, but I wouldn't have taken it as a red flag at all if my boss had said "we're celebrating, I'm sending an Uber black" or similar

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Anne Whateley posted:

I'm asking to find out where you think "she did a lot wrong" started happening. I live in NYC so transportation is weird/different, but I wouldn't have taken it as a red flag if my boss had said "we're celebrating, I'm sending an Uber black" or similar

All of the context, Anne. So not only how she acted before, but after as well. Also, please stop ignoring how the "party" was very suspiciously whittled down to her, the perv-boss, and his other side-piece. Please stop ignoring the "readjustment" the boss made about changing restaurants when the BF had her test him. I really don't think your situation compares. If you need a list of everything she did wrong then read the rest of the thread. It's been laid out countless times.

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
My ex (29m) decided to end things by trickle ghosting me (28f), I was starting to heal until I found out the reasons why he ghosted.

quote:

The past several months have been incredibly draining and hard for me. I’m not sure if I’m looking for advice or just a place to vent.

My ex, ‘Tom’, and I had been together for about 4 years and we were extremely happy together, or so I thought. We had been discussing the possibility of getting married, and even looking for a house for us to move in to (but we were not living together). I was happy, and I thought he was too. We had a lot in common, never fought, we traveled together, my friends liked him, his friends like me, our families got along together, etc, I could go on.

Everything was fine until our last trip together. We went to a destination where I had always wanted to go, but because of cost and distance it seemed like something I’d have to wait longer to do. It was his idea for us to go here, we saved a lot of money and were able to make this 2 week trip. Once we got back from this vacation, things started to get weird.

After we landed (the last time I saw him) he told me he was feeling unwell and sick from the trip and wanted to go home to sleep. I didn’t think this was too unusual so we said our goodbyes. I tried texting and calling him the following day to see if he was feeling better and he didn’t respond. I started to worry, but he finally sent me a single text saying he was fine but tired about two and half days after our trip ended. From there our communication basically broke down. I can’t say he fully ghosted me, because he would occasionally send me a message, and didn’t remove me from any social media. From that point I’d try to contact him by calling, texting, sending a message on facebook and he didn’t respond. After about 4-6 days of no communication, he would end up sending me a couple of texts and then I wouldn’t hear from him for several more days. What hurt even more was this ghosting period overlapped with New Years, Valentine’s Day and my birthday - days on which nothing happened and he didn’t even wish me a happy whatever.

I felt like I was going crazy. I had no idea what was going on and just wanted some sort of answer from him. I was also extremely embarassed to talk to anyone about what was happening. I stopped going out as much, and didn’t really see my friends for the 2+ months he was trickle ghosting me. I found myself lying to my friends and family about his whereabouts - telling them he was busy with work, visiting his family, he was sick, or any excuse I could think of whenever I showed up somewhere without him.

I eventually broke down, I contacted one of his good friends who I felt comfortable with and asked her to meet up with me. I told her that Tom had barely spoken to me in the 2+ months, he’s only sent me a few text messages and I have no idea what’s going on. I told her I didn’t know if he was mad at me, if we were broken up or still together, or if there was something else going on that I needed to know about. She looked kinda shocked and confused and told me that Tom had told told all of his friends that we had broken up and I that I was taking it really hard, and out of respect for me not to bring it up if anyone saw me. This was soul crushing to hear and I felt humiliated and worthless. I told her this wasn’t the case, and that he never verbally confirmed that we were broken up. She said she was extremely angry at him and would talk to him.

Throughout March and April I felt like I was starting to heal some. I felt broken, but I started to pick up the pieces again and began to feel a bit more whole. I told my friends and family the truth about what happened and they were nothing but supportive and helpful. Then I found out some additional information about why he ghosted me and what happened on his end.

He had apparently been cheating on me for awhile. Not sure how long, but a little less than a year. I’m also hurt because I know the person he cheated on me with. She’s an absolute garbage person. And I’m not saying that as a jaded ex girlfriend. She has always hung around our group but never really been a part of it. I’ve heard her say some extremely bigoted things about minorities, the LGBT community and non-Christians. She is the type of person who is proud to take advantage of government assistance programs, when she doesn’t need it. She somehow was able to claim disability, and has bragged about pulling the wool over the government’s eyes. I think she was able to somehow use her obesity problem as her disability, I’m really not sure. I can’t really confirm any of this, it could be a lot of talk and bullshit on her end. I’ve always thought you need to be drug tested in order to get some government benefits, and she does a lot of drugs. Not only does she take advantage of programs meant for people who can’t help themselves, but she is sent a couple of thousand dollars a month from her rich parents, which she also brags about. Her parents have paid for her car and I think they pay her rent too, so the money she gets is spent on pretty much whatever she wants. She spends her days getting drunk at the bars and restaurants my friends and I frequent and will interject herself into our outings. She has also tried to sell us hard drugs in the past and usually mentions that any of us are welcome to her place to get high.

Tom apparently started to get high with her at her place, and was originally just trying to hide his drug use because he knew I wouldn’t approve. Then he started to get high and then have sex with her. He felt guilty and embarrassed about it, but this wasn’t enough for him to stop getting high with her. His intentions were to just get high and then leave to go back to his place, but what would usually happen is they would end up having sex once they were both properly high. This woman hated my guts, and kept pushing Tom to break up with me so they could be a couple. He didn’t want to end things with me, but felt so guilty and disgusted with himself he thought the best thing to do was to just try to ghost me.

Tom kept their relationship secret for awhile, until she got tired of their secret relationship status. So she just started to blurt things out about them when his friends were all together at their usual bar. He came clean to his friends about it, but was so embarassed that he shortly ended things with her after his secret was found out.

I only found out about this, because the same friend I had met up with a couple of months ago reached out to warn me that Tom is going to try to get back together with me and felt that I deserved to know the truth in case he isn’t forward with what happened.

There is no way in hell that I’d get back together with Tom

I can’t help but feel like absolute dog poo poo that Tom would end things with me over that kind of garbage person and I'm having a hard time understanding why he would chose some waste of space, over someone who is actually trying to be a person and is successful.

I don’t know what to do at this point. I’m dreading the possibility of seeing his face again. I don’t know if I could contain my urge to slap him, or if I would just break down and sob. I was doing well from moving on from him. I was starting to feel happy again. Now, I think I’m back at square 1. I'm depressed and stressed out.

Is there anything I can do? I kind of want to stay hidden in my apartment not answering calls until this is all over.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

ad090 posted:

I told her that Tom had barely spoken to me in the 2+ months, he’s only sent me a few text messages and I have no idea what’s going on. I told her I didn’t know if he was mad at me, if we were broken up or still together, or if there was something else going on that I needed to know about. She looked kinda shocked and confused and told me that Tom had told told all of his friends that we had broken up and I that I was taking it really hard, and out of respect for me not to bring it up if anyone saw me.

Woooooow, that is some top tier lovely behavior.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Twelve Batmans posted:

Do you have kids? Pets?

Ugh OK fine, yes in the situation where I have a different partner who would literally murder our animals or children, sure. But I think you know what the gently caress I'm saying.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Well he's hosed.

AITA for wanting to dropout out of my homeschool when my mom refuses to help me with my work?

quote:

I've been homeschooled since 1st grade. Everything was fine and dandy until about 5th or 6th grade where my mom mainly focused on my two younger sibling's schoolwork and started having health problems. From that point on I've just read my schoolbooks and did exams as necessary, not doing any projects or having any teacher guidance except "you need to start doing your x exam this month."

Because of that no guidance my high schooling has been terrible. My mom couldn't teach English when I asked for help, I had to read science all by myself and she refuses to accept the fact that she can't teach algebra. I also have to read 16 books for book reports because she was never on my dumbass about getting them done. Oh, did I mention that we haven't sent in any of my exams until a few weeks ago? Yup, I'm 19 and we finally sent in 9th grade work. Also failed it and would have to re-do all of my English and fix a bunch of science.

I've been telling my mom for, like, 3 years that I need some sort of algebra help. A tutor or something. Never went anywhere. She always put it off or just straight up blew it off.

I have a cooking class where I need to cook just 2 meals. Always said she'll buy the ingredients "this payday." Never happened.

I have a typing class that I need a disc drive to run the typing disc on my computer. 2 months and my parents still haven't got it.

I've been needing to replace one of my electives with something else, but my mom keeps blowing it off.

Meanwhile, my mom watched my baby niece every weekday until she was 3 and now is watching my baby nephew every weekday, so she's always been occupied and couldn't help me during the day. My sister does need the help with someone watching her kids, but my mom clearly had them take priority over me, and my little sister's work.

And on top of that she's always been a weak person and has had health problems, so she's always has a headache, feels weak, heart jumps or a combination of all of the above. She clearly wasn't healthy to homeschool me and my siblings because the negligence of my school started when she was too weak to help me.

So, I can't get any of the help I need and I just get blown off whenever I ask for the things I need. AITA for wanting to quit and ask my older siblings for money for GED stuff?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Tender Bender posted:

What if she was Hitler. Wouldn't you tell Hitler wife "you cannot do the holocaust"?

Mods, new thread title please

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ad090 posted:

My ex (29m) decided to end things by trickle ghosting me (28f), I was starting to heal until I found out the reasons why he ghosted.

Wait until he gets in touch and ask him if he's enjoyed living high on the hog

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

Hellblazer187 posted:

Ugh OK fine, yes in the situation where I have a different partner who would literally murder our animals or children, sure. But I think you know what the gently caress I'm saying.

It's a silly thing to get hung up about (and/or use to justify her hostility afterwards) because he's not actually forbidding her from doing anything, as he might if he were an abuser in an abusive relationship. He's just really bad at articulating his discomfort at what's happening, which isn't that awful considering she equally seems really bad at communication e.g. the threats to break up, which are probably more intended as "I want to stop having this argument right now" than any genuine threat.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Twelve Batmans posted:

All of the context, Anne. So not only how she acted before, but after as well. Also, please stop ignoring how the "party" was very suspiciously whittled down to her, the perv-boss, and his other side-piece. Please stop ignoring the "readjustment" the boss made about changing restaurants when the BF had her test him. I really don't think your situation compares. If you need a list of everything she did wrong then read the rest of the thread. It's been laid out countless times.

on the other hand, men are bad, so the boyfriend deserves to get beaten to death

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Lt. Danger posted:

It's a silly thing to get hung up about (and/or use to justify her hostility afterwards) because he's not actually forbidding her from doing anything, as he might if he were an abuser in an abusive relationship. He's just really bad at articulating his discomfort at what's happening, which isn't that awful considering she equally seems really bad at communication e.g. the threats to break up, which are probably more intended as "I want to stop having this argument right now" than any genuine threat.

Yes, they are both equally terrible at communicating. I agree that those are about equal sins - both kind of red lines honestly.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

CheesyDog posted:

Wait until he gets in touch and ask him if he's enjoyed living high on the hog

Okay I loving laughed at this. I'm a terrible person.

Guessing meth?

Little Acorns
Apr 5, 2019

by Cyrano4747

ad090 posted:

It sounds like Tom is a garbage person himself and he is the one who should be ashamed. Not you. Tom needs to be castrated.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Scathach posted:

Okay I loving laughed at this. I'm a terrible person.

Guessing meth?

Sounds like it:

quote:

It wasn't weed, I don't care about weed. I knew he did less harmful things like E and shrooms in college and I didn't really care.

But, he was definitely doing coke, and started to do some harder poo poo, but not really sure what exactly that entailed. He was able to hide whatever other drugs he was doing very well.

I actually looked because so really wanted to know if it was hard drugs or 'drugs' as in smoking a bowl and cheating on her.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Idk how you couldn't see that coming from a mile away, but it takes a while for people to learn all men are bad.

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

Beachcomber posted:

Well he's hosed.

AITA for wanting to dropout out of my homeschool when my mom refuses to help me with my work?

Mom litterally ruined his life.... but where is dad?

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Anne Whateley posted:

I'm asking to find out where you think "she did a lot wrong" started happening. I live in NYC so transportation is weird/different, but I wouldn't have taken it as a red flag at all if my boss had said "we're celebrating, I'm sending an Uber black" or similar

I also live in NYC, have lived in NYC my whole life, and it would indeed be extremely weird and a red flag for you to say "Oh, my boyfriend can drive me there" only for the person you're going with to respond "Uh no we're going to somewhere else now don't worry, we'll have the Uber over there for you. Don't tell your boyfriend where you're going."

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Twelve Batmans posted:

Well, no, your post was about leading up to it, and all the things she did wrong to get into that situation. I totally agree her behavior towards her bf afterward was unacceptable, so if that's all you're saying, we agree.

I don't really get how in this specific situation the whittling thing is sketchier than my boss inviting just us two young women out from the beginning. I can construct scenarios where the whittling would be inherently sketchy, but for a professional thing, if my boss was just like "oh budget cuts blah blah" I would believe him.

Blade Runner posted:

I also live in NYC, have lived in NYC my whole life, and it would indeed be extremely weird and a red flag for you to say "Oh, my boyfriend can drive me there" only for the person you're going with to respond "Uh no we're going to somewhere else now don't worry, we'll have the Uber over there for you. Don't tell your boyfriend where you're going."
This part is kinda weird but there's a typo or something in the post that I don't get

quote:

Today, the big day boss texts her at like 11AM and says "hey since this is supposed to be a celebration, don't drive! I'll send a car service for you!" Fiance still doesn't smell anything fishy
That's what I was saying I would believe

quote:

so I ask her just for my own edification ask what he says if she tells him "that's a great offer, but my fiance knows the restaurant and he can drive me." Boss replies back in seconds "sorry if I had to change restaurants at the last minute, I'll send the car!"
Is he saying "I had to change" or "we might have to change"?

I probably would have bought "we want to hit a few different places" or, in a non-NYC context, "then you won't have to worry about driving home if you have a glass of wine." I would push back if he were driving, but I wouldn't worry if it were an uber/lyft or a company car

Either way it depends on how strongly you want to advise "treat all men like would-be rapists," which I think most posters itt really disagree with, except in retrospect when a man did do bad poo poo but why was the woman there in the first place??

New Coke
Nov 28, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.
Part of it is that the boyfriend perceived this lawyer as being kind of a sleaze to begin with.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Who knew this one story would be so contentious. Lmao at everyone siding with the abusive girlfriend.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

Anne Whateley posted:

I probably would have bought "we want to hit a few different places" or, in a non-NYC context, "then you won't have to worry about driving home if you have a glass of wine." I would push back if he were driving, but I wouldn't worry if it were an uber/lyft or a company car

There's no requirement with Uber or Lyft that you have to use their service for both ways on a night out. She can be dropped off somewhere, drink, and pay for a ride home.

Also NYC isn't the only city that has more than one place to go. Your city isn't that special.

mungtor
May 3, 2005

Yeah, I hate me too.
Nap Ghost

Leon Einstein posted:

This is so loving stupid. Forbidding your partner to do stuff is absolutely controlling.

"My partner stepped off the curb in front of a bus despite my warnings. I pulled her back and now she claims it's assault and is threatening to call the cops because I touched her without consent."

That's the level of willful stupidity he's dealing with. Jokes on her tho, the bus is just going to get her on the next trip around the block.

New Coke
Nov 28, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Cyks posted:

Also NYC isn't the only city that has more than one place to go. Your city isn't that special.

I think she means more that most New Yorkers don't drive.

quote:

Who knew this one story would be so contentious. Lmao at everyone siding with the abusive girlfriend.

I think a lot of it comes from a place of sympathy for her experience, like the guy who was encouraged to stay with a cheating partner whose dad had died, even that really doesn't mean he has any obligation towards someone who's treated him pretty badly ('abusive' seems like a stretch, though).

As it is, I don't actually agree with the people saying they should split up. In both cases, they each seem to understand and to have acknowledged the mistakes they've made and seem willing to work on improving their communication.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Also for the "she needs to learn her actions have consequences!" crowd, nothing uniquely bad or dangerous actually happened at the dinner. The underlying problem, "boss is a shithead who is trying to manipulate her for sex", was happening regardless. It's not like that happened BECAUSE she went to the dinner.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

They should split up because she is an awful, awful person and because he is clearly only in this relationship for how nice her boobs are.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Tender Bender posted:

Also for the "she needs to learn her actions have consequences!" crowd, nothing uniquely bad or dangerous actually happened at the dinner. The underlying problem, "boss is a shithead who is trying to manipulate her for sex", was happening regardless. It's not like that happened BECAUSE she went to the dinner.

Wait did people argue this.

Jesus goons

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

CharlestheHammer posted:

Wait did people argue this.

Jesus goons

Lol, anyone who has been paying a shred of attention to the thread realizes that her "actions" refer to her treatment of her boyfriend and the ways she insulted and threatened him with breaking up to shut down the conversation. Not things that happened to her like her boss actually being a gross perv. No one deserves to have rape or sexual harassment enacted upon them. Don't be so willfully dense and gross.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Twelve Batmans posted:

Lol, anyone who has been paying a shred of attention to the thread realizes that her "actions" refer to her treatment of her boyfriend and the ways she insulted and threatened him with breaking up to shut down the conversation. Not things that happened to her like her boss actually being a gross perv. No one deserves to have rape or sexual harassment enacted upon them. Don't be so willfully dense and gross.

Miserable Maid posted:

I think it's because you're seeing it as a logical third party, rather then in the emotional state the op would be in.

Like, imagine if someone wanted to go all Poohbear and grab honey from a bee hive. And you keep telling them "don't do that, you're gonna get stung" and they keep arguing "Uh, no, the bed are friendly, they wouldn't sting me", and you keep telling them no, the bees aren't friendly, they're gonna sting the poo poo out of you. But they won't listen, even after multiple arguments.

Eventually they take the honey, and get stung really badly. Sure, you feel bad they got hurt, but goddamn are you furious that they wouldn't just listen to you and actually stop to think, instead of telling you to shut up. Sympathy is extremely hard to have there

Like, her boss preying on her didn't happen because of the dinner. It was already happening. But we're not supposed to have sympathy because as a Woman she didn't listen to her Man and prevent the problem from happening, the problem being another man acting lovely.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRR-aAHLRQo

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

That kid's face the entire time: :chloe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Tender Bender posted:

Like, her boss preying on her didn't happen because of the dinner. It was already happening. But we're not supposed to have sympathy because as a Woman she didn't listen to her Man and prevent the problem from happening, the problem being another man acting lovely.

Ok you gotta be trolling now. That's not at all what people are saying, and there's no excuse for the way the boss treated her. Here's clearly a villain preying on people he knows can't fight back.

That said, that doesn't excuse her for being willfully stupid and mean. Just because someone's a victim doesn't mean they suddenly stop being an rear end in a top hat