Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Lone Goat posted:

feels like we skipped a couple phases since there were extra steps that we didn't see anyone on

Yeah, there was a weird shot of Ron or someone who had their foot on the second step.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lol he’s gonna find out the advantage is fake, write Ron’s name down, play his idol, Ron goes home

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Would that extra vote even work in a re-vote?

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

sportsgenius86 posted:

Lol he’s gonna find out the advantage is fake, write Ron’s name down, play his idol, Ron goes home

Or he just doesn't play his idol out of cockiness and all of this doesn't matter at all

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
lmao this tribal is gonna be hosed up

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

sportsgenius86 posted:

Would that extra vote even work in a re-vote?

when she got the revote it explicitly said it worked in either a regular vote or a revote

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

this plan aurora has makes 0 sense

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Giving the extra vote to the only safe person in case of a tie is like a 200IQ move but Aurora's social game is awful so

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Lone Goat posted:

feels like we skipped a couple phases since there were extra steps that we didn't see anyone on

I'm guessing the results of the challenge end up not being important enough to hype up?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The funniest thing about Gavin's double-edged sword is that if he stays with Ron is just further's Ron's case to win but if he votes for Ron then not only does it make Aurora look better than she already does but it probably puts Lauren and Victoria ahead of him because they're the ones that came up with the plan.

Lone Goat posted:

this plan aurora has makes 0 sense

I understand where she's coming from with the "it ensures the extra vote can be used in a tie" but man you have to have a better read on the game and give it to Victoria or Lauren who have basically zero chance of getting voted for tonight.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

if you're good at pinball you know when the ball is coming down, believe me I'm an expert, Jeff

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I loving love Devens

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Holy gently caress Devins.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Devens is too good

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
oh my god devens should win the million dollar fan fav prize

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hahaha that was loving INCREDIBLE

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

I can't wait until Ron is voted out because you know he won't see it coming.

lmao from back at the end of March

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Great job by Rick to garner extra sympathy and to extra expose Ron and Julia as well

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Devins is the best.

Ron has been the most annoying person this season. Any time he’s gotten a little bit of power, he’s become super annoying. Really hope he doesn’t come back into the game.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
Love you, Devens. Bless you.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Rick Devens is too perfect for this dumbass game

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
he saved the episode 4 sure

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
Reem finally mellowed out? The last line was her comforting Ron, saying it's okay, everyone's a liar
That's the most chill reception I've seen her give

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I love that every end episode footage of extinction island is just Reem reacting to the person

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
lmao Ron in the exit blurb: If I known it would hurt this much to get voted out, maybe I would have been nicer.

:thunk:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Reem ascended to the next level, Zen Reem is here.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Midnightghoul posted:

I love that every end episode footage of extinction island is just Reem reacting to the person

It really it something special. It's like her own personal story.

At the end of the season we find out that Reem wasn't actually real and just some island ghost as she disappears back into the edge of extinction.

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

TMMadman posted:

It really it something special. It's like her own personal story.

At the end of the season we find out that Reem wasn't actually real and just some island ghost as she disappears back into the edge of extinction.

Ghost Island was like two seasons ago.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Reem is really reviving the idea of having a first vote returnees only season

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Midnightghoul posted:

They know who the star of that show is.

So Devens very clearly won this episode and also my heart, but sadly I think it tanked his chances to win in my mind. They aren't showing him a lot because he is the winner; they're showing him a lot because he's loving great and super entertaining. His little "gently caress YEAH, I GOT A CLUE, I'M GONNA GO GET THE IDOL RIGHT IN FRONT OF EVERYBODY... *pant, pant* Actually... no... *pant pant* No, I'm not," is the hardest I've laughed at Survivor in a while.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

AWarmBody posted:

Reem finally mellowed out? The last line was her comforting Ron, saying it's okay, everyone's a liar

finally after a month of extinction she ran out of rage

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Dam broadcast had no audio (except background music) in the first segment of the show and then the final Tribal. So I have no idea what happened but I saw the middle of the episode and I can't read the thread and there won't be a copy online until like 2 AM or something and AHHHHHH!

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

I don’t post a lot in this thread, but that was loving great.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Thank you, CBS, for puttting the video up way sooner than I thought.

That was awesome. I almost wish Ron hadn't been voted out because Devens made him look SO bad with that fake idol thing that I actually kind of wanted to see him squirm his way out of it and face a Jury at the end. Like I was uncertain until this episode but now I'm convinced that Jury seems him the same way we do and that would have been fun.

I know some people seem to think they're too much but the peanut gallery of Aubry, Julia, and Wentworth had me cracking up.

Devens is great. He's still probably gonna need to keep pulling Immunity out of his rear end to win this thing but he's putting on a fun show one way or another.

Ok so Gavin put both votes on Ron so it was 4 for Devens, 3 for Ron, and 1 for Aurora (Devens). So once again I'm left wondering what the gently caress Gavin and everyone else is doing. If Devens doesn't pull out an idol then he's still going home. Why wouldn't you loop Devens in on this plan? Since he clearly didn't loop Devens in I'm willing to give Lauren the benefit of the doubt that he didn't loop her in (and she seemed pretty unsure with the "line in the sand" thing). Maybe Victoria flipped on them? She was talking like she wanted to flip on Ron too but she's pretty consistently wussed out and taken the path of least resistance.

This group are just universally terrible, terrible, terrible players.

But at least they're funny.

IcePhoenix posted:

I understand where she's coming from with the "it ensures the extra vote can be used in a tie" but man you have to have a better read on the game and give it to Victoria or Lauren who have basically zero chance of getting voted for tonight.

Yeah, I feel like all of Aurora's game moves have been fundamentally reasonable on paper but because she has such a terrible social game and zero read on the tribe she also just puts all her chips on the wrong square making it make no sense.

AWarmBody posted:

She's actually been fairly consistent about that. She pulled Keith off of Chris when he showed up. It seems like she's got like "I'm gonna call you out on your poo poo, especially if you're all whiny and self absorbed... but if you own it we're cool and its just a game." code.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I wouldn't have looped Rick in, because he has the most motivation to immediately go tell Ron and Julie, thereby breaking that crack wide open

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

Lone Goat posted:

Rick Devens is too perfect for this dumbass game

This

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Maybe, but you're basically counting on Devens having an idol and playing it on his own. Unless Victoria DID nearly gently caress it up and flip on Gavin and Lauren? I guess that would justify the moves by Gavin and Lauren and put the stupidity on Victoria. But I'd still kind of question this crew willing to risk such a close vote. And what inspired Gavin to flip THIS time?

It just seemed like yet another random poorly conceived plan that just worked out because of Devens' pretty awesome episode.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

Barring a crazy continued run, I just don't see how he pulls it out though.

Julie's cooked, probably Gavin too. A jury couldn't possibly give him credit for the way the game has moved. He's been following the lead of others every step of the way.

Victoria and Lauren got a bit of a boost there. I still think Vic especially is a dark horse candidate despite the invisible edit. I suppose Lauren as well at this point.

Aurora has a bit of that Ben Driebergen mystique going on where enough people have manufactured her threat level into existence, but man her social game is atrocious. Just no bedside manner whatsoever. She's got the foster child arc though, and she's survived long enough to be relevant. Can't count her out I guess.

Rooting so hard for Reem to get back into the game next week. Please.

Vernacular fucked around with this message at 07:10 on May 2, 2019

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Aurora blowing off Devens's attempts to make her feel uncomfortable about snooping were hilarious as was her galaxy brain extra vote plan. I'm now all in on an ironic Aurora victory :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
The only person left who is even really likeable for me is Devins. I feel like everyone else has been a jerk at some point for no real reason, whether it was directed at Devins or someone else.

And while Devins has been a somewhat snarky jerk at times, I feel like he's had good reason to be snarky at the time.

Also, I don't get the whole Aurora/Gavin/Lauren/Victoria plan. The reasoning for giving away the 2nd vote makes sense in theory, but I don't know how they were counting votes to think that they needed more than two votes on Ron to send him home. Like everyone was completely on board voting Devins, so were they thinking that somehow Ron/Julie were lying to them about voting Devins?

Ron/Julie = wanted to vote Rick
Devins obviously wasn't going to vote himself, but he's a single vote unless you think he's voting in a block with Ron/Julie

And then there were the three conspirators of Lauren/Victoria/Aurora who had an extra vote. They didn't even need Gavin and could have not said a thing and let him vote Devins with Ron/Julie to make the vote 3 Devins votes, 1 vote from Devins (likely Aurora given the whole bag incident) and then 4 votes between the three of Lauren/Victora/Aurora. So was giving Gavin the 2nd vote a way to make him look bad by betraying Ron? I don't see how Gavin was really that much of a threat at the final tribal because it feels like he's been so passive the entire game and I feel like he's only been in the middle of the pack in terms of being social.