Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

X-O posted:

I've loved Black Panther by Coates but I had to stop after the first six issues of Space Wakanda went nowhere. I love cosmic space stuff in Marvel too but it just dragged and I could not get into it. To hear that it's still going and still not very good just reinforces my choice. When it's done with Space Wakanda I'll pick it up again.

In the mean time he's still killing it on Cap.

You might be waiting a while, issue 11 just opened book 2 of 3 lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

site posted:

You might be waiting a while, issue 11 just opened book 2 of 3 lol

Goddammit.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
This reaffirms my approach of reading TNC's Black Panther in OSHCs.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
What's everyone's opinion of War of the Realms so far? I really enjoy it, because it has some insane silliness, with ridiculous set pieces in there, while still building a coherent story. So far they also didn't need to ruin characters just to up the stakes, since there are plenty of established enemies in this war.

It's certainly better than Dispute over unjust criminal profiling, or Naziworld.

Also it has freaking giant alligator tanks!

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 20:24 on May 1, 2019

radlum
May 13, 2013

cant cook creole bream posted:

What's everyone's opinion of War of the Realms so far? I really enjoy it, because it has some insane silliness, with ridiculous set pieces in there, while still building a coherent story. So far they also didn't need to ruin characters just to up the stakes, since there are plenty of established enemies in this war.

It's certainly better than Dispute over unjust criminal profiling, or Naziworld.

Also it has freaking giant alligator tanks!

I think the worst part was the end of issue 2, but so far I've enjoyed it a lot. Even though the heroes have been losing, it doesn't feel overly pessimistic nor relies on killing minor characters. Dauterman's art is not as good as it was on Aaron's Thor run, but it is pretty good. Malekith is kind of a lame villain, but so far the high stakes keep me interested.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Anybody try Savage Avengers?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Teenage Fansub posted:

Anybody try Savage Avengers?

Wolverine kicked Conan's Cimmerian gonads.

It was kinda meh.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

radlum posted:

I think the worst part was the end of issue 2, but so far I've enjoyed it a lot. Even though the heroes have been losing, it doesn't feel overly pessimistic nor relies on killing minor characters. Dauterman's art is not as good as it was on Aaron's Thor run, but it is pretty good. Malekith is kind of a lame villain, but so far the high stakes keep me interested.

If you've read a Thor book in the last 6 years you've already read War of the Realms, except the art, writing and pacing were probably better in those

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

The weirdest thing about War of the Realms is that Punisher is doing three different things all at once.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

3 Jokers
3 Punishers

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
All standing on the edge of a cliff.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Elektra is gonna bang Conan by issue 4, 7 or 8 at the latest.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
the dark elf strikeforce issue is a good read imo

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

site posted:

the dark elf strikeforce issue is a good read imo

Agreed, it was fun.

Wholly irrelevant, but fun as hell.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I've been behind this week. Just got to some books. First one I read was Champions for the reunion of Kamala and Scott. I was not disappointed.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

And it's a better Scott than Rosenberg has been writing, so that's nice.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Awwww, that's so sweet.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

X-O posted:

I've been behind this week. Just got to some books. First one I read was Champions for the reunion of Kamala and Scott. I was not disappointed.

Can't believe you didn't include the page of Scott shouting "TO ME, MY CHAMPIONS" at the top of his lungs.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
That's a really nicely done sequence, is the recent Champions run worth checking out? I dropped the initial series pretty quickly.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Archyduchess posted:

That's a really nicely done sequence, is the recent Champions run worth checking out? I dropped the initial series pretty quickly.

It's beginning with this remarkably dour story involving Miles that feels like something that should've been coordinated with Saladin Ahmed, but it's also adeptly juggling a big cast and has some good scenes. I wish its first arc had been more high-flying superhero action than this.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Tbf zub has been on champions for like a year already

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I kinda wished Kamala and Young Scott happened.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
okay can yall help me out, i just finished my avengers/na read through, about to start secret wars, but i coulda sworn there was an issue where the 616 and ultimate heroes actually fight? like i remember a scene where hulk and someone else topple the triskelion and stuff. but it wasnt in avengers 44 and thats the last issue i have before secret wars. what am i missing?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Secret Wars #1 is the issue.

Just finished Marvel Team-Up #2. Eve Ewing is writing a really neat little body swap story with Peter and Kamala. Them trying to figure out each other's powers was really fun.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I want an entire series of Kamala and Peter adventures.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

X-O posted:

Secret Wars #1 is the issue.

Just finished Marvel Team-Up #2. Eve Ewing is writing a really neat little body swap story with Peter and Kamala. Them trying to figure out each other's powers was really fun.

doh! yeah i shoulda just kept reading lol

and agreed on team-up, eve is getting some good comedy out of those two

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Every drat one of you should be reading Marvel Team-Up.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

X-O posted:

That's what you get for pissing off Stardust.
Or just looking in his general direction.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

X-O posted:

This makes me really happy.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

X-O posted:

So was there a mind swap of some kind or a Freaky Friday thing?

radlum
May 13, 2013

Rick posted:

This makes me really happy.

It was a lovely issue, though my favorite part was Scott telling Alex to stop being such a whiny bitch

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Jiro posted:

So was there a mind swap of some kind or a Freaky Friday thing?

Yup. Kamala was way more freaked because as Spidey says it's not his first time at the mind-swap rodeo.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
im reeeeeeally not sure about rosenberg going from what was already a pretty :thinking_face: use of suicide into a very obviously trans panic murder

actually i am sure, it's bad

site fucked around with this message at 15:42 on May 4, 2019

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
Rosenberg has been speedrunning "worst X-author" like he'd personally made a bet with Chuck Austen

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

site posted:

im reeeeeeally not sure about rosenberg going from what was already a pretty :thinking_face: use of suicide into a very obviously trans panic murder

actually i am sure, it's bad

rosenberg was thinking "what would a bad writer do in this situation" because matthew rosenberg is a bad writer

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Autism Sneaks posted:

Rosenberg has been speedrunning "worst X-author" like he'd personally made a bet with Chuck Austen

And the sad part is he's not even catastrophically bad, just painfully banally bad.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Has Mantis appeared in modern comics and if she did how much of a whiplash would it be if she was more Guardians of the Galaxy 2 than how she is previously in the Annilation/Guardians/whatever else she was in

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Has Mantis appeared in modern comics and if she did how much of a whiplash would it be if she was more Guardians of the Galaxy 2 than how she is previously in the Annilation/Guardians/whatever else she was in

That Untold Marvel book Sean Howe wrote said that most of the people involved with books she was appearing in loving hated her at the time; they particularly hated the "This One" mode of expressing herself.

I wouldn't be surprised if the original version just kinda disappeared.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Patrick Gleason (N52 Batman and Robin, Superman Rebirth) is moving to Marvel for Spider-Man (ASM?)
https://twitter.com/ComicsNowCast/status/1125116011773079553

edit:
Marvel Comics announces exclusive agreement with Pat Gleason
http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/2019/05/05/marvel-comics-announces-exclusive-agreement-with-pat-gleason/

quote:

New York, NY–May 5, 2019–Marvel Entertainment is excited to announce that artist Pat Gleason will bring his distinctive style and ideas to Marvel in an exclusive agreement!

One of the most versatile creators in the comic industry, Gleason has lent his talent to numerous DC, Marvel, and Image properties over the years, helping to produce multiple New York Times best-selling books including Batman And Robin, Aquaman, Green Lantern Corps, JLA, and Welcome To The Working Week with Patton Oswalt.

Gleason, known for his striking dynamic art style, will be joining the incredible family of Spider-Man artists on today’s titles to bring the Marvel Universe to life, starting with a short story in Amazing Spider-Man #25 in July!

“Pat and I started our comic book careers together almost two decades ago, and ever since joining Marvel, he’s an artist I’ve been dying to work with here, to have him draw our incredible characters,” said Editor-in-Chief C.B. Cebulski. “I’m thrilled that the stars have now aligned and Pat’s joined us in the hallowed halls of the House of ideas. Trust me, the contributions he’s going to make to our comics are going to mind-blowing!”

“I am so pumped to be joining the Marvel family as a newly exclusive artist and writer,” said Gleason. “C.B. and everyone at Marvel have been so welcoming and enthusiastic about what we are going to do together, and it’s been nothing short of awesome! Since I was a kid, I’ve dreamed of working with their iconic, and now world-renowned heroes. It’s exhilarating at this point in my career to reach a new high point, and to be drawing the Amazing Spider-Man! I can’t wait for fans of the Marvel Universe to see the crazy and exciting comics we’re going to make together!”

Inaugurating his announcement at the Marvel Comics: Make Mine Marvel panel at Fan Expo Dallas, Gleason went on to reveal his take on the Marvel Universe with stunning new art, reflecting some of Marvel’s most highly-anticipated and iconic characters from Marvel’s current and upcoming titles for the year.

In the coming months, Marvel will reveal more of Gleason’s exciting work.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 23:00 on May 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I don't hate that. Looks great.