Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I legit lmaoed at Bryan getting mad at Sting coming back from the dead and then they cut away to Shawn Stasiak shooting hoops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Haven't listened yet. But I've heard interviews with him before. Jimmy's brain and mouth moves a mile a minute once you accept that Jimmy has a lot to offer and will make you think about Pro Wrestling in new ways:

https://twitter.com/JimmyJacobsX/status/1123606061972377611

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I mean I'd have gone with a picture of Scabbie the Rat But that works too.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Jimmy doesn't know
That Danielson and me
Grapple in my van every Monday
He tells him he's at Raw
But he doesn't go
Still he's kicking me
And Jimmy doesn't know

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Endless Mike posted:

Jimmy doesn't know
That Danielson and me
Grapple in my van every Monday
He tells him he's at Raw
But he doesn't go
Still he's kicking me
And Jimmy doesn't know

lmao

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I should have done it Wrestlezone style and added 15 extra syllables per line

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Defiance Industries posted:

Oh drat, you know those guys too? I go to most of their Tanker parties.

It's always a rad time! I'm glad that more people have been coming (and that there's malört at a lot of 'em lately, ha)

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
New Between The Sheets Patreon special, where we're joined by our buddy and Barbed Wire City director John Philapavage to discuss ECW's road to pay-per-view and the fallout from New Jack cutting Erik Kulas/Mass Transit, is one of the best shows we've ever done. Free preview clip is up now, focusing on the insane proto Wrestling Twitter bullshit that was Bob Ryder and Dave Scherer taking to the rec.sport.pro-wrestling newsgroup to blame the Torch/Wade Keller/Bruce Mitchell for the initial PPV date being cancelled. Full show is on our Patreon: http://www.patreon.com/betweenthesheets

https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1123645775987322882

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
It’s a shame Dave Meltzer’s spouse isn’t named Patty. Because then she’d get the nickname Patty Meltz.

I’ll show myself out.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I love The Lapsed Fan but I totally get why people don't like it. It's a shame, I always learn a lot whenever they do a series like AWA or World Class but those two guys are a very hard sell. The episode lengths don't bother me but that's because I have a super boring job that allows headphones and it fills the time nicely

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

eyyy tone im writin the observer ova 'ere

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.viceland.com/en_us/video/dark-side-of-the-ring-dutch-mantell-wrestles-a-bear/5cc07ba6be4077131d2b7a67

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

rhinophyma driver

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The Von Erich doc is incredible. It's crazy that they're only scratching the surface with this story too.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I haven't gotten to watching the doc yet, but Dave's obit on Kerry is still something I go back and read every now and again because it's such a mind boggling story.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Fauxhawk Express posted:

I haven't gotten to watching the doc yet, but Dave's obit on Kerry is still something I go back and read every now and again because it's such a mind boggling story.

Do you have a direct link to it?

vvvv Thanks!

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 04:27 on May 2, 2019

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Dango Bango posted:

Do you have a direct link to it?

If you have an F4W/Observer sub, it's the March 1, 1993 Observer.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
This doco is amazing and its still like just glossing over so much - the Freebirds is the biggest one and they never really explained Lance von Erich unless you already knew the details.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Lid posted:

This doco is amazing and its still like just glossing over so much - the Freebirds is the biggest one and they never really explained Lance von Erich unless you already knew the details.

Yeah, I feel like I know the broad strokes now but not a lot of the story

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
If you're interested in WCCW or the Von Erichs then you have to check out Heroes of World Class. It goes over the whole story in depth. There's an extra features where Kevin goes through the Sportatorium before they tear it down. It's great.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBjOlK6CtUI

All up this is a 30 minutes total three parter but it covers a lot more than the doco does as it doesn't have any interviews.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1BNJFERjj8

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Rey and Konnan come back after two months of TV and immediately are made to look like total losers.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pLuvm9DXNY

I heard good.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Should've panned the camera down

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

RBX posted:

Should've panned the camera down
The Beatles poster is to the left.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I've heard the Brody story a million times but Tony Atlas actually telling it is really moving.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Tony Atlas comes out as the only true hero of the Brody story. Abdullah sucks and Dutch omits the parts of the story that dont look great on him, such as why he covered for Jose (in that he was there but only Atlas said it was Jose which means Dutch either said nothing or said the fan line).

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Dave has the money, so why can't he redesign the Observer site so each section of a newsletter is easy to get to?

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

fart blood posted:

Dave has the money, so why can't he redesign the Observer site so each section of a newsletter is easy to get to?

Have you seen his floor? Does that look like a man who knows how to organize a website for ease of use?

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

CascadeBeta posted:

Have you seen his floor? Does that look like a man who knows how to organize a website for ease of use?

I stand by my thoughts :colbert:

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
acting like bryan's brother in law is actually going to do something good for the site after over a decade of inactivity and bad business practices!

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Rick posted:

I've heard the Brody story a million times but Tony Atlas actually telling it is really moving.

Savio Vega's version is also good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC1IME15ZEw

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Didn't get around to the podcast yet but Dave is really bummed about Goldberg going to Saudia Arabia in the newsletter.

quote:

Could he make seven figures in a day elsewhere? No. And at the end of the day, that’s your answer to the question. And there are people who would turn that, and more, down, in this circumstance. But they are the exceptions to the rule. He just happens not to be one of those exceptions.
Saudi bux can buy a lot of vans full of toys for Bill to give to kids in need. :unsmith:

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
For the money he is getting paid, I'd tap out to Mansoor too.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

acting like bryan's brother in law is actually going to do something good for the site after over a decade of inactivity and bad business practices!

Bryan:Nails :: Lowtax:Radium

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

spear+jackhammer=7 figures of saudi blood money

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

I lost it at Dave in the iconic desk chair pose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Kind of shocked that KSA want him considering he's Jewish.