Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

smarxist posted:

imagine trying to comprehend this tweet 10 years ago

gently caress 10 years ago, my brain can't parse it now. It makes me feel like I'm having a stroke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Reclines Obesily posted:

portland :chloe:

https://twitter.com/itsmikebivins/status/1123782353116176385

there were two "MMA" fights with people cheering, joeys guys got their rear end kicked both times. afterwards they shook hands and

https://twitter.com/itsmikebivins/status/1123784743525470209
https://twitter.com/SoEndSubversive/status/1123802445048635393

https://twitter.com/itsmikebivins/status/1123780386557964293

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
my backyard

https://twitter.com/CBSLA/status/1123649593835761664

this is the second time a luftwaffe crashlanded here

I uh, wonder what the odds are he's an actual chud

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

hehehe

https://twitter.com/rbarris/status/1123664818529902592

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

love all the centrists who are taking bullets for the swastika "because history!!!"

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Alan Smithee posted:

my backyard

There was no one in the pilot seat, it was John McCain's ghost flying that thing.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Alan Smithee posted:

my backyard

https://www.condorsquadron.org/

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/RealCandaceO/status/1123706040242135040

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

wtf is the black guy doing with the nazis

also lol at their tiny spray then huge spray back

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Krankenstyle posted:

wtf is the black guy doing with the nazis

also lol at their tiny spray then huge spray back

have you not been paying attention

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Alan Smithee posted:

have you not been paying attention

i know but its still weird

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Nazis love being snitches

https://twitter.com/Kherman112/status/1123836790664830976?s=19

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005

https://mobile.twitter.com/Kherman112/status/1123836790664830976

joey realized that he was responsible for a terrorist attack and tried to cover it up

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Does she have anywhere left to fall?

Are we going to see her team up with Alex Jones and Milo?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

she's marrying into money with the failson of some rich guy here in the UK

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Jose posted:

lol turning point uk paid off for her at least

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I hope they have a miserable relationship

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Kurtofan posted:

I hope they have a miserable relationship

I hope she's actually a shapeshifting alien and she eats the entire british aristocracy in one night. Except for the bones which she piles up into a giant mountain for future generations to visit and see the statue of the great hero Candace Owens, the woman who ate a bunch of terrible people.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Owens and Loomer, the most powerful team.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Megillah Gorilla posted:

There's always room for a black woman who's willing to spout the opinions of old, white racists.

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

smarxist posted:

*dialecticalishly* perhaps the future lay somewhere between the liberal school-to-prison/wage slavery pipeline and intense cults of insular home school enclaves
K-12 often serves first generation immigrants for whom english isn't spoken at home really well because they get access to formalized ESL education and they get socialized into speaking fluent conversational English with their peers. If they graduate from high school or get a GED this can allow them to be candidates for two year degrees, which lets them go into professions like Nursing or Med Tech or trades like HVAC technicians. for a lot of 1st gen immigrants K-12 serves as a vector for upward economic and social mobility.

to say nothing of the fact that public educators and administrators work thankless jobs and are nevertheless constants targets for austerity politicians. I'm not seeing a left-wing argument for homeschooling or unschooling or whatever

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

lmfao

testosterone is brain poison

Crain posted:

The affectations they're complaining about in those memes are pretty universal for that age group, but unlike your average young millenial or older gen Z kid they've had "meme magic" to spurn them on so far and it's wearing off. None of these complaints are about the real socioeconomic factors that have caused this: they're just finally looking around their lovely rooms, thinking about their lovely lives, and lamenting that they have nothing.

For the last 4ish years they've been banking on Trump sweeping in some kind of fever dream utopia for them to bask in and assuming they were 14-18 in that time they're now in that stage of life where you really start thinking about the future, the past, and engaging in retrospection that'll reveal some pretty depressing feelings if you've spent your life on 4chan screaming about minorities and posting degenerate poo poo.

Don't feel sorry for them, they're just waking up to the bed they've made for themselves and most likely their reaction will be to just try and make everyone else's beds just as bad instead of trying to make anything better.

thanks for specifying. I do kind of feel bad because 14-18 year olds literally do not have a fully formed frontal cortex, which is responsible for deductive reasoning. If they do double down after 25 then I wouldn't feel bad and just clock them instead because by then their frontal cortex has been damaged, which scientists have linked to right wing evangelicalism and extremism recently.

Lastgirl has issued a correction as of 09:30 on May 2, 2019

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

cargo cult posted:

K-12 often serves first generation immigrants for whom english isn't spoken at home really well because they get access to formalized ESL education and they get socialized into speaking fluent conversational English with their peers. If they graduate from high school or get a GED this can allow them to be candidates for two year degrees, which lets them go into professions like Nursing or Med Tech or trades like HVAC technicians. for a lot of 1st gen immigrants K-12 serves as a vector for upward economic and social mobility.

to say nothing of the fact that public educators and administrators work thankless jobs and are nevertheless constants targets for austerity politicians. I'm not seeing a left-wing argument for homeschooling or unschooling or whatever

I guess now that I think about it school curricula and structure won't change at all in a post revolutionary society in which we've radically re-engineered all existing social relationships and our relationships to production

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

smarxist posted:

I guess now that I think about it school curricula and structure won't change at all in a post revolutionary society in which we've radically re-engineered all existing social relationships and our relationships to production

idk anything about post revolutionary societies im just saying in my anecdotal experiences I've seen kids from working class backgrounds, particularly immigrants benefit from public education and get a lot more out of it than being programmed for wage slavery :shrug:

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Jose posted:

oh that makes sense, in that post she talks about working on blexit and a podcast full time which reeks of bullshit

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Blexit?
Withdrawal of black people from the European Union :confused:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

After the revolution all students will absolutely need to go to public school to ensure they pledge allegiance to the portraits of Marx, lenin, Stalin, Mao and Donald hughes every morning

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Avirosb posted:

Blexit?

It was Candace's attempt to get the black vote away from the dems. It went as well as you would expect.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Avirosb posted:

Blexit?

It was a very poorly done attempt to get black people to blexit the Democrats

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

After the revolution all students will absolutely need to go to public school to ensure they pledge allegiance to the portraits of Marx, lenin, Stalin, Mao, Tito and Donald hughes every morning

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

smarxist posted:

public school structure has been largely unchanged over 150 years, and revolves around the industrial revolution. That's why they have you do rote things like memorization and basic arithmetic and writing in order to perform factory duties in a passable competent manner, it was designed to maintain a labor force. The economic disparity is more found in transitioning from public school to academia, like colleges/universities.

I used to discuss with an old friend as a running gag that Academia is the world's oldest scam, especially in the information age. It's just now, since over 40 years, the wealth disparity makes it even more noticeable that more and more people can't afford colleges/university, and then you have the upcoming clusterfuck of massive labor shortages, even after outsourcing, that labor is being replaced by automation.

Schools do need to be fundamentally transformed on a completely different model that needs to be designed, on an innovation track which some private schools adopt and gives academic advantages to kids who think outside of the box and gives them foundations for a successful career path in this dystopian meritocracy full of plutocratic nihilists who keep cutting public school funding because they rather exploit than transform and improve.

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
im pretty sure most public schools aim to teach algebra and geometry before high school now. also most schools have an increased emphasis on CS and other STEM subjects before high school

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
theres a bunch of these movements in the usa

#walkaway
#blexit
#jexodus

quote:

Jexodus.org became TheExodusMovement.com on March 21, 2019. The name change came after widespread ridicule of the name "Jexodus" for the redundancy of calling for a "Jewish Exodus" when The Exodus was Jewish to begin with.
and #facexit which is laura loomers face escaping her skull

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Reclines Obesily posted:

and #facexit which is laura loomers face escaping her skull

#loomered

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

She’s turning into the middle sequence of a makeup-based practical effect where a person’s face swells and explodes in 80s horror or sci-fi.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

She’s turning into the middle sequence of a makeup-based practical effect where a person’s face swells and explodes in 80s horror or sci-fi.

Really appreciating her role in the upcoming Big Trouble in Little China remake

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lmao you see th camera get drenched

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1123792240994861060

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Lie down with dogs, get up with fleasmace in your eyes.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

What’s Andy ngos deal again I forget

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

an editor of the journal for the discerning caliper user - quillette.