Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

big nipples big life posted:

How is the thread title not already loving Store Citizer: Incompetence and Mismanagement on a Galactic Scale?

I too am incompetent

FailureToReport posted:

Fair point, I think this is the first time I've done it, usually it gets posted here by someone else. I'll refrain from posting them in the future as I usually do, I've just had about 4 celebratory JD's while making this video so I'm a little in the "gently caress it" zone.

Dude just post your videos here lol nobody actually cares

Beet Wagon fucked around with this message at 12:37 on May 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I haven't red the forbes thingy, but reading this thread assures me that I shouldn't read it.

The (stupid internet) opinion I formed about Sandi is bad enough already, but this thread seems to assure me that I shouldn't read any further.

What I take away from this is: she is not a skilled shoe designer, neither a skilled marine biologist, and I don't even wanna know what she practised since she was a little girl.

What I understand from Reddit, though, is that all of this is good for Star Citizen.

Question to people who red the forbes article: on a scale from 1 to 10, how likely would it be that she could kill the Night King?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

tuo posted:

I haven't red the forbes thingy, but reading this thread assures me that I shouldn't read it.

The (stupid internet) opinion I formed about Sandi is bad enough already, but this thread seems to assure me that I shouldn't read any further.

What I take away from this is: she is not a skilled shoe designer, neither a skilled marine biologist, and I don't even wanna know what she practised since she was a little girl.

What I understand from Reddit, though, is that all of this is good for Star Citizen.

Question to people who red the forbes article: on a scale from 1 to 10, how likely would it be that she could kill the Night King?

There's been more than enough zombies for both Game of Thrones and Star Citizen, so I don't think she would kill the Night King to begin with.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

tuo posted:

She can't even commit a simple murder. Useless.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Stalker? I hardly even know 'er :smuggo:

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

So she's as useless as Chris' toupet. Gotcha.

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

tuo posted:

She would attempt to strangle the Night King then marry him and years later start a crowdfunding campaign to make a new board game but instead use the money to build a house in King's Landing next to Carl Lannister's house.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/SpearmintVR/status/1123674660858683392

Dementropy fucked around with this message at 12:58 on May 2, 2019

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Tsar Mikey posted:

She would attempt to strangle the Night King then marry him and years later start a crowdfunding campaign to make a new board game but instead use the money to build a house in King's Landing next to Carl Lannister's house.

now that's a pretty good tl:dr; thank you , kind goon

Neltharak
Jun 7, 2013

https://twitter.com/AStarcitizen/status/1123709424290471941

Quick, get me the president, people are talking poo poo about my videogame

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

MilesK posted:

Whoa dude. To think, we've all been assuming Derek was the one who stalked Chris Roberts children and might one day break into his house and try to kill him, when really it was Sandi the whole time. It's like an episode of Scooby Doo.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Neltharak posted:

Oh yeah, my twiter name has literally a "Star Citizen" suffix and I fail to name the factual errors of the article because they are too many to count or I can't bother to whatevs.

Clearly Forbes has done an irredeemable wrong.

Maybe it could absolve itself however, as our lord Crobbear has demonstrated when he last sweat on camera.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Neltharak posted:

So many factual errors eh? I'd like to see this list of factual errors.

I asked a similar question on reddit, the only one i got was how the title reads 300 million when its not 300 million (yet).

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Umm... through incompetence and mismanagement? That's how.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Agony Aunt posted:

So many factual errors eh? I'd like to see this list of factual errors.

I asked a similar question on reddit, the only one i got was how the title reads 300 million when its not 300 million (yet).

The article's authors obviously did not watch each and every episode of the youtube channel and have not played the alpha at all. Therefore they understand nothing about game development and are a bunch of fudster bloggers at best.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Beet Wagon posted:

Dude just post your videos here lol nobody actually cares

You know the faithful though, they would pick up on it and use the tiny fact that he posted a video somewhere once as proof he is lying. And once he has been found to lie about one thing, the whole house of cards comes down and everything he says is a lie. Checkmate.

Nyast
Nov 14, 2017

BLAZING AT THE
SPEED OF LIGHT

Bofast posted:

Stalker? I hardly even know 'er :smuggo:

Anybody up for a little photoshopping ? Would like to see Sandi's face on top of this:

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

https://twitter.com/Forbes

:laffo:

Forbes has actually pinned the "hit piece" at the top of their 15.5 million followers Twitter page

Neltharak
Jun 7, 2013

Nyast posted:

Anybody up for a little photoshopping ? Would like to see Sandi's face on top of this:

Stalker : Answer the call

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

MedicineHut posted:

https://twitter.com/Forbes

:laffo:

Forbes has actually pinned the "hit piece" at the top of their 15.5 million followers Twitter page

:perfect:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Agony Aunt posted:

You know the faithful though, they would pick up on it and use the tiny fact that he posted a video somewhere once as proof he is lying. And once he has been found to lie about one thing, the whole house of cards comes down and everything he says is a lie. Checkmate.

I can’t stress enough how serious I am when I say gently caress Star Citizen nerds and what they think.

Ah yes, the poster who was repeatedly banned for ban evasion and had several of his accounts nuked by admins was banned for simply having a different opinion. Very true and smart.

Beet Wagon fucked around with this message at 13:45 on May 2, 2019

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Neltharak posted:

Forbes is going to rue the day they crossed....youtubers.

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018
Happy to see SC fans taking a measured, sensible approach to the Forbes article.

Peter.Quint
Mar 16, 2018

There's never been a single object, theme, joke, game, work of art, whatever that I have laughed at so much as Star Citizen.

It's back at #1 in the lol charts with this Forbes article.

A quick check of the Star Citizen reddit sees the citizens reciting their comforting matras, boasting how they have removed any contact with Forbes from their lives, and, of course, fully understanding game development.

There's plenty of mileage to be got out of this one.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I really have no words...

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Peter.Quint posted:

There's plenty of mileage to be got out of this one.

Not if you have the $45 ship buddy.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Uhm, they released a pre-alpha which they kept for four years hence, and PC Gaming was forever saved.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Patch 'y' is out:

Bounty mission markers should now consistently display.
Items should no longer occasionally get stuck to a player's feet.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
I sensed a REEEEEE disturbance in the force.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

Colostomy Bag posted:

Patch 'y' is out:

Bounty mission markers should now consistently display.
Items should no longer occasionally get stuck to a player's feet.

I'm more concerned with the female model / top hat and monocle mismatch.
This is game breaking.

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

The digital penny has dropped, you got me !

what did i do again ? lurk in the thread to gather clues on where to dig for my big Exclusive Article ?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Dogeh posted:

I'm more concerned with the female model / top hat and monocle mismatch.
This is game breaking.

Well at long last the poor backer who had a hot space crate strapped to his ankles will now be free.

Peter.Quint
Mar 16, 2018

Colostomy Bag posted:

Not if you have the $45 ship buddy.

I think you'll find that's all you ever need to spend to fully enjoy a game that already has more content that most AAA games.

I played 45000 hours of Star Citizen last weekend in an Aurora.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Peter.Quint posted:

I think you'll find that's all you ever need to spend to fully enjoy a game that already has more content that most AAA games.

I played 45000 hours of Star Citizen last weekend in an Aurora.

So you traveled to one planet from spawn?

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

Spatial posted:

Some fun stuff in that Forbes article.

Chris on record as saying that Sandi strangled him and if given the chance would've straight up shot him.

Sandi being a creepy stalker and getting a restraining order against her.

lol gently caress

Obviously the first time he married Sandi was a tier 0 implementation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neltharak
Jun 7, 2013

DigitalPenny posted:

Obviously the first time he married Sandi was a tier 0 implementation.

:vince: