Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Leal posted:

Guess I'll just stick with my 360 copy :goleft:

That is the rerelease. It originally came out on the first Xbox.
The loading is pretty bad compared to the 360 version though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
Dropped my Switch, left rail came out of the case a little bit snapped back into place. Now the Switch only recognizes up or down from left analog stick, though. Any easy fix, or do I get a replacement stick kit from amazon/Newegg/etc? Any real difference between kits?

Also is the Satisfye grip still considered to be good for handheld play? Was thinking of that + the slim case.

Golgo13
Jul 27, 2018

A Ring-a-Ding-Ding!

It's a healthy addiction... :sludgepal:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgaYe4ZYYyY

Had to put on some background music to the previous 2 pages of stealth chat/argument/poo poo postage.

Golgo13 fucked around with this message at 03:41 on May 2, 2019

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Persona 5 musou? Are you kidding me Reggie?

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Reality Winter posted:

Reggie is dead, long live King Bowser

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
to those of you who bought FFXII, does the UI still cover up 50% of the screen in the Switch version?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Your Computer posted:

to those of you who bought FFXII, does the UI still cover up 50% of the screen in the Switch version?

Are you thinking of 7or 9? I don't think any release of 12 had this problem.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

A Sometimes Food posted:

Are you thinking of 7or 9? I don't think any release of 12 had this problem.
then you're remembering wrong :v:

(that's PC fwiw)

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

idiotsavant posted:

Also is the Satisfye grip still considered to be good for handheld play? Was thinking of that + the slim case.
It's the standard. And if you like carrying stuff like a charger and extra joycons, I recommend the elite bundle.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Cross posting from the ps4 thread but how is Mortal Kombat and anyone know how it compares to Dead or alive? Specifically the single player.

Oscar Wild posted:

I'm getting a fighting game itch and wondering whether I should do Dead or Alive or the new Mortal Kombat. I'd probably get MK on switch and I'm only probably going to play story mode. Any general pros or cons?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Oscar Wild posted:

Cross posting from the ps4 thread but how is Mortal Kombat and anyone know how it compares to Dead or alive? Specifically the single player.

They’re nothing really alike. DOA is a 3D fighting game while MK is fought on a 2D plane. MK11 has a really good story mode that’s better than DOA but it’s also very short (5-6 hours). I’m not sure it’s worth it if you’re only going to play that. There’s also the single player crypt mode but it can be a frustrating grind and it runs pretty bad on the Switch version.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

SeANMcBAY posted:

They’re nothing really alike. DOA is a 3D fighting game while MK is fought on a 2D plane. MK11 has a really good story mode that’s better than DOA but it’s also very short (5-6 hours). I’m not sure it’s worth it if you’re only going to play that. There’s also the single player crypt mode but it can be a frustrating grind and it runs pretty bad on the Switch version.

I know they're different fighters, I'm more curious in how fun they are, mostly single player focused.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Oscar Wild posted:

I know they're different fighters, I'm more curious in how fun they are, mostly single player focused.

I like MK11 much more but it comes down to preference. They’re supposedly fixing it with updates but I find the single player content, outside of the story mode, to be some of the most unfun grindy bs I’ve come across in a game recently.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

SeANMcBAY posted:

I like MK11 much more but it comes down to preference. They’re supposedly fixing it with updates but I find the single player content, outside of the story mode, to be some of the most unfun grindy bs I’ve come across in a game recently.

Thanks! I might hold off then, it's not like it's going to get more expensive.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Reality Winter posted:

Finally a good Persona game

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Wow how did I not realize that if I loved Picross 3D that I’d love regular ol’ Picross? And there are three of them?! Well, there goes my life for the next few months. A welcome change of pace from Dark Souls.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
darkwooddarkwooddarkwood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UhNUxsLGmA

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
Okay, real talk about Starlink.

Is there ANY POSSIBLE WAY to disable the god forsaken rear view? I *HATE* that loving control. I'm trying to maneuver around a loving fight and the camera keeps swapping to show what's behind me because I can't stop myself from clicking the loving control stick.

This is getting me killed continuously, and I need to loving disable it somehow.

EDIT: Nevermind. Thought I'd looked in the options menu already. I was wrong. Welp. This helps so much.

BlazetheInferno fucked around with this message at 06:41 on May 2, 2019

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Does H'aanit's plot in Octopath become interesting at any point or is it all just concerned growling and people talking like ren fair idiots?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
gggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
You want an update to the current situation with Slay the Spire?

quote:

Nintendo Switch: We're hard at work on the Nintendo Switch port for Slay the Spire. We've hit some unexpected bugs in the porting process that has unfortunately made it difficult to guarantee a simultaneous launch across platforms (although we are trying). While we are very close, we want to hold off on promising a launch date for Switch until we are 100% confident about its release date.

The PS4 version is coming out May 21st.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

this is not acceptable

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

SelenicMartian posted:

Does H'aanit's plot in Octopath become interesting at any point or is it all just concerned growling and people talking like ren fair idiots?

you get a cool dog tho

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

SelenicMartian posted:

Kinda? The most enjoyable aspect of her story is that is pretty naive, a square, and a stick-in-the-mud, but also hyper competent at killing. Most of the side-characters are more interesting than her, but it's fun to have her try to interact like a normal person I guess. She runs out of ren-fair people to talk to pretty quickly.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The ren fair idiots are great

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
i did the Yiga clan hideout on the first try today

piece of cake in the end

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Just dropping in to say that the Labo VR is super cute. It is the first Labo kit I've made, and the instructions/build itself were v cute and fun.

The VR is as rough as expected, and my lenses seem to have bits of dust on them that I'm going to need to faff to clean, but honestly for something totally out of the blue it is pretty drat sweet. Most of the minigames I've tried so far aren't too involved, but that doesn't stop them being a worthy distraction. Looking forward to trying the garage/building the blaster.

Mario VR is lovely. Like a less feature-heavy Astrobot Rescue Mission, and BoTW is pretty dang cool, so long as YOU DON'T MOVE THE CAMERA OH GOD DON'T DO IT the first thing I did was mover the camera, swing my 'face' straight up a horse's butt, and feel super queasy.

tl;dr I am a 33 year old man who got cardboard sheets for his birthday and was delighted by them.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nintendo Switch: Horse Butt Insertion Simulator 2019

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Ughhhh

I have a PS4 but this is a Switch game for me. Maybe I'll pick up Steamworld Quest in the meantime to satisfy my card game RPG on switch urge

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9OsP2wBjTE

BECOME AS COOKS BECOME AS COOKS BECOME AS COOKS

(this looks cute and pretty neat in that light factorio way)

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Finally an overcooked I can play without fear of divorce

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Your Computer posted:

then you're remembering wrong :v:

(that's PC fwiw)

Yes and no. Bottom right is always visible but top and bottom left only pop up when you’re giving a command. If you have gambits running those elements are hidden. Top right mini map is alwaus up but the map overlay is a button toggle for on/off. I’m actually at that exact area in my game right now:

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I haven't played FF12 since it released on PS2, but I thought it had three person parties. Has it always been dirt person parties?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Wildtortilla posted:

I haven't played FF12 since it released on PS2, but I thought it had three person parties. Has it always been dirt person parties?

The 4th member is a guest.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Surely they don't need to have your party's HP/MP on screen at all times.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

All of Octopath's stories are pretty average to bad. I haven't finished them all yet but so far Tressa and Olberic's last bosses were barely even related to their stories and introduced in the last chapter. I'm sure they won't be the last either.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh yeah I forgot that FF12 explicitly allows four person parties but only ever lets you use three of your main characters, what a shoddily designed game it is

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Alan_Shore posted:

All of Octopath's stories are pretty average to bad. I haven't finished them all yet but so far Tressa and Olberic's last bosses were barely even related to their stories and introduced in the last chapter. I'm sure they won't be the last either.
I've started on the third chapters and, yeah, Olberic's proper story basically ends in the third.

The duelling skills (both) are so bad. The combat system isn't too great, but when you have just two characters trading for ten turns it's just horrible.
For the rest of the game I at least have the 'never leaving party' core of Tressa, Cyrus and Therion who end up close to 10 levels above recommended.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Only twenty more shrines and I get the master sword and also get to start increasing my stamina :negative:

Food helps with the last bit at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Should have done stamina first. It opens up more shrines.