Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

So is this under Marvel TV or Marvel Studios?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Barry Convex posted:

Luna is confirmed to reprise the role, but it sounds like the show may not treat his AoS appearances as canon? idk

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/ghost-rider-gabriel-luna-hulu-series-1203202305/

That is so god damned strange.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

zoux posted:

So is this under Marvel TV or Marvel Studios?

I believe it's Marvel TV which makes ignoring their OWN cannon weird but that's also VERY comic book so :iiam:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

So far AoS has been the only consistently good Marvel TV property (I haven't seen this season of C&D) so I wish it was under Studios like the + shows

Runaways sucks, probably only a third of the Netflix stuff is any good.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

zoux posted:

So far AoS has been the only consistently good Marvel TV property (I haven't seen this season of C&D) so I wish it was under Studios like the + shows

Runaways sucks, probably only a third of the Netflix stuff is any good.

Cloak and Dagger continues to be both good, and the weirdest drat show this side of Legion.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

1.5 seasons in Cloak and Dagger is way better than SHIELD was at 1.5 seasons in. And SHIELD was really good at that point, Cloak and Dagger is just better.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Cloak and Dagger is the most underrated of the Marvel shows I think; I don't know if it's the first thing I'd recommend to anyone, but it's great at what it does, which is (relatively) low-stakes, character-focused stories. I think I'd describe it as a PG Daredevil (not intended as an insult).

Runaways is middling but I'm still hoping they can get a crossover in as the showrunner of Cloak and Dagger has made no secret that he really wants one and keeps talking to Josh Schwartz about it.

AoS is still my number one comic booky Marvel TV show, I think, and I will not stop yelling at clouds until Fitz and Simmons appear in an MCU film.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Whew, I thought he was tweeting that he was annoyed at not getting the gig.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Whew, I thought he was tweeting that he was annoyed at not getting the gig.

He's tweeting from beyond the grave, the chains he rattled were forged in life. He made it link by link, and yard by yard; he girded it on of his own free will, and of his own free will he wore it.

I think I'm talking about the right ghost

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
You guys aren't going to trick me into watching AoS again, but was Luna playing Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Yes.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

None other.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

And he got his powers from an unnamed Ghost Rider.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

notthegoatseguy posted:

And he got his powers from an unnamed Ghost Rider.

Totally a way to fold Cage into the MCU.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

Totally a way to fold Cage into the MCU.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J2j--jo7I4

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Yeah, an unnamed Ghost Rider who is probably Johnny Blaze is part of his origin in AoS and shows up for literally one three second shot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PAgiNgLYcU&t=119s

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Robbie :allears:

I know it doesn't really matter...but if these shows really are going to be way more connected to the films, I really hope Robbie ends up being in an Avengers movie one day. Do it Feige. DO IT

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I don't even know what they can do with Hellstrom other than try to make him like Marvel's Constantine.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Less shirts, hopefully.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Scaramouche posted:

I don't even know what they can do with Hellstrom other than try to make him like Marvel's Constantine.

glad im not the only one who had this thought

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

BrianWilly posted:

Robbie :allears:

I know it doesn't really matter...but if these shows really are going to be way more connected to the films, I really hope Robbie ends up being in an Avengers movie one day. Do it Feige. DO IT

Isn't this being done by Marvel TV rather than under Feige's control, like the Disney+ shows? Seems like if that's the case they won't be connected to the films/MCU in any significant way.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Oh for some reason I thought this was going to be an actual Disney plus show like all the others announced recently. It being a Hulu thing is.....eh, less spectacular (less of a budget, for one thing), but ah well I'm still looking forward to seeing more GR.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

BrianWilly posted:

Oh for some reason I thought this was going to be an actual Disney plus show like all the others announced recently. It being a Hulu thing is.....eh, less spectacular (less of a budget, for one thing), but ah well I'm still looking forward to seeing more GR.

How much budget do you need for F/X? Just some kerosene and a Bic lighter from what I can see.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
CW DC shows still go to Netflix 2 weeks after the finale right?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

BrianWilly posted:

If I had to guess, I think it's on Hulu because Disney doesn't want two demonic hero shows next to the princess movies on D+ (I mean ffs Hellstrom has a pentagram on his chest, that's gonna piss some fundies off)

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Scaramouche posted:

a police consultant in a procedural set in either New York or LA

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

TwoPair posted:

If I had to guess, I think it's on Hulu because Disney doesn't want two demonic hero shows next to the princess movies on D+ (I mean ffs Hellstrom has a pentagram on his chest, that's gonna piss some fundies off)

Also, I think D+ is only going to have MCU produced stuff. No MarvelTV.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrKssByuVt0 AOS trailer is up.

Incursion story by the looks of it.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
Did they get a real budget again ?

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!

notthegoatseguy posted:

At first I assumed it was an alien that took Coulson's form for some reason, but I looked up Marvel incursions and actually makes a lot of sense given (Endgame spoilers) there's been so much time fuckery in the MCU now that maybe it leads to some sort of multiverse conflict.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

notthegoatseguy posted:

Ok I already can't believe that the "dark slow version of popular song" trailer trend is ongoing but I can't even more believe that this is the second trailer I've seen in the last month that used a spooky version of that same Linkin Park song. Not the same version, a different one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5W9t62t10I

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
cant wait for the mcu to totally ignore this plotline when they do their own secret wars arc in 8 years

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

site posted:

cant wait for the mcu to totally ignore this plotline when they do their own secret wars arc in 8 years

We have the multiverse now. They can both be true. Colson stayed dead in the MCU, but Fury's small change made the AoS timeline when he brought Colson back.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
no i meant the incursions

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

site posted:

no i meant the incursions

Same. They can now explain the AoS universe as a divergent one. So they can do incursion now and it can still be done in the MCU as a new thing. Two different realities.

Not saying they will say that. Just that they have that excuse now...or maybe we do as fans.

Same with Netflix shows, Hulu, Gifted, etc.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I mean it is almost guaranteed that this will be the Marvel TV explanation going forward. And Marvel Studios will gladly accept it since they have a clear out when people bring up the shows crossing over with the movies now.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

ToastyPotato posted:

I mean it is almost guaranteed that this will be the Marvel TV explanation going forward. And Marvel Studios will gladly accept it since they have a clear out when people bring up the shows crossing over with the movies now.

I'd be surprised if they go so far as to drop the "it's all connected" pretense, but we'll see

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

badjohny posted:

We have the multiverse now. They can both be true. Colson stayed dead in the MCU, but Fury's small change made the AoS timeline when he brought Colson back.

Wait wait wait, since when do we have the multiverse?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

TwoPair posted:

Wait wait wait, since when do we have the multiverse?

The trailer they posted is explicitly about a multiverse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Oh, I don't care about AoS so I didn't actually watch it yet :blush: