Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Xenocides posted:

Just gonna put this here.

Me [34M] with my co-worker [50s M] will not stop staring at my crotch.... Seriously.

While dick sucking is the solution to many of life's problems, it is also wise to have standards. Dont't let your homophobic racist coworker suck you off.

Also i'm assuming OP is black and coworker is white, thus he is curious about OP's dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

cumshitter posted:

The best part about the replies is all the people who assume there a multitude of legitimate and worthwhile reasons to paint flattering pictures of Hitler. Including:

-It's for a school play.
-Maybe he just wanted to paint Hitler. I paint murder and stuff sometimes!
-The History department asked him to do it.
-Maybe it was part of a larger project that wasn't glorifying Hitler.

Maybe it was kawaii hitler ever think of that smart guy

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

my friend's brother used to go to apartment parking lots and systematically try car doors until he found one unlocked and steal anything inside, I'm sure tons of people do that poo poo

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Making an ordeal out of locked doors to the point where you're now cutting off your partner's family is not a normal reaction. loving odd that it is to most people. Even with the proliferation of heroin and addicts it's still very very very unlikely there'll be a robbery/rape/murder/whatever. If someone really wants to kill you a locked door works for a few kicks only. Suck it up, it is not your home.

Reminds me of a guy in EMS class who had a house a block away from student apartments. He'd always brag about bring a gun to the door whenever there was a knock or a ring (which was always shittfaced students). Good to know that he's on the up and up for this thread.

hawowanlawow posted:

my friend's brother used to go to apartment parking lots and systematically try car doors until he found one unlocked and steal anything inside, I'm sure tons of people do that poo poo
It's smart to have your car unlocked in apartment lots. Better than a brick through the window and even faceplates are worth nothing anymore.

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

Making an ordeal out of locked doors to the point where you're now cutting off your partner's family is not a normal reaction. loving odd that it is to most people. Even with the proliferation of heroin and addicts it's still very very very unlikely there'll be a robbery/rape/murder/whatever. If someone really wants to kill you a locked door works for a few kicks only. Suck it up, it is not your home.

Reminds me of a guy in EMS class who had a house a block away from student apartments. He'd always brag about bring a gun to the door whenever there was a knock or a ring (which was always shittfaced students). Good to know that he's on the up and up for this thread.

It's smart to have your car unlocked in apartment lots. Better than a brick through the window and even faceplates are worth nothing anymore.

Whew!

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
AITA for showing up to a couples event against the will of my fiancée?

quote:

I (24M) recently showed up 'unsolicited' to a couples event my fiancée (27F) was invited to 'in a professional capacity'. She is currently very pissed at me.

My fiancée is an attorney. She's been working at a firm for some time since graduating law school. Every year the local bar association organizes this event where attorneys from the area are invited to network and see some old palls from college. The invitation also goes out to the partner of said attorney.

Last year I went together with her and had a merry good old time. I saw some guys there, who also work at her firm, that frequent the performance engine shop where I work as a mechanic. We share similar interests and we pretty much hit it off immediately (we still hang out every now and then). The event got pretty rowdy towards the end (contrary to popular belief a lot of these attorney types aren't the goody two-shoes they pretend to be) and I (amongst others) ended up on stage singing to classics such as Journey's 'Don't stop believin'' (loving love that song).

However, my fiancée ended up experiencing that night very differently. She pretty much went off by herself during the entire thing. She told me she spent the night networking with a few established attorneys and some old acquintances. She also told me she got a bit embarassed by my actions towards the end and that she would like to put on a professional demeanor in front of her colleagues and expected that of me too.

Now, mind you, we often go off the deep end in the weekends and she doesn't have a problem with me acting like the fool I am then!

So last week when I mentioned how excited I was to go with her again this year, she flat out rejected me! She told me I wouldn't be able to properly behave myself in front of her fellow members of the bar and that was that. I tried promising her that I would be on my best behavior, but "No means no!" was the final answer.

Why would you be embarassed of going to an event with your significant other just for being the person he is? Certainly if that very partner promises to be as innocent as grace itself! The event is literally meant for couples...

Initially I wasn't gonna go, but my newfound friends whatsapped me and I thought "to hell with it". So I got there early, joined up with them (saying she was gonna run late), texted her, had a few drinks, and when she arrived almost got dragged out of the party. I got stomped into my car with strict guidelines to go home and was whipped into motion! Not wanting to make a scene I drove off, got two honey butter chicken biscuits from whataburger and spent the rest of the night netflixing. Fun times.

A week later she is still pissed as hell at me for not respecting her boundaries. I've been sleeping on the couch since then. In the meanwhile I can sort of find the humor in her not wanting to lose face in front of her fancy pants colleagues because of her 'oddball' (it truly isn't that bad tho) fiancé. But she still can't.

AITA?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

he didn't break windows, because he didn't have to break windows, because people are stupid enough to leave their car unlocked

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

The family made the ordeal out of the locked door, not the op, by relentlessly teasing op about it. Then the MIL tried cutting her out of family visits and OP called her bluff, dingus.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

hawowanlawow posted:

I went to an active shooter training in a medium southern city and the police told us that for every 50 carhops that open, you can steal 10 guns

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Pinecone Sample posted:

I went to an active shooter training in a medium southern city and the police told us that for every 50 carhops that open, you can steal 10 guns
They have training on how to become the active shooter?

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

If you do not teach your kids to murder they will just learn it out on the streets.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

my mother is one of those paranoid door lockers. I 100% know where the family is coming from because it is never just about locked doors. It's also locking car doors near black people. Making sure alarms are set if you're leaving for 5 minutes. Planning how to leave the house so people will think you're home.

It's an illness.

Or you know, living in an area with break ins? Or, perhaps knowing somebody who suffered a break in? For instance, the OP, and also lots of other people.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

The metagame is ever-evolving

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

DemoneeHo posted:

The family made the ordeal out of the locked door, not the op, by relentlessly teasing op about it. Then the MIL tried cutting her out of family visits and OP called her bluff, dingus.

you're right I'm sure they were basing the teasing off nothing.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

ad090 posted:

Fiancée is just pissed because you're cooler and more well liked than she is.

Lucid Nonsense
Aug 6, 2009

Welcome to the jungle, it gets worse here every day
I don't even know where the key to my front door is at the moment. The last time I had to track it down was when I was out of town and my pet sitter locked up when they left. But I do have a dog with a pretty mean bark, so that's my security system.

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

You absolute buffoons, don't you all know that thieves are omniscient and Target only specific items for theft? If a thief wants to steal your TV and pawn it, then it is because Fate has decided they are getting your TV. No amount of locked doors or other security measures can stop them, they have decided that your property is now theirs. The only way to prevent having your property stolen is by placing it near a curb, declaring it as public property and now incapable of being stolen

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

ad090 posted:

Is this the mechanic guy with the attorney girlfriend with the creepy threesome boss that we argued about for pages and pages?

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

ad090 posted:

The event got pretty rowdy towards the end (contrary to popular belief a lot of these attorney types aren't the goody two-shoes they pretend to be) and I (amongst others) ended up on stage singing to classics such as Journey's 'Don't stop believin'' (loving love that song).

Uh, what? Who the gently caress doesn't know that most lawyers are degenerate hedonists most of the time?

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

I live in a super peaceful part of Montreal, had 2 attempted break-ins. The first one the guy had his head through our bedroom window, climbing in, when we woke up and yelled the fucker to GTFO.
We put a shitload of barriers to prevent access to the backyard the next morning, still happened the next summer (the guy didn't get as far that time though).

You don't have to live in some ghetto area, it's just loving basic smarts at the same level as "I know how to tie my shoes".

quote:

I don't think that rendition of Don't Stop Believing is the only reason why the fiance is not welcome at the "couples event".

Kamikaze Raider posted:

Uh, what? Who the gently caress doesn't know that most lawyers are degenerate hedonists most of the time?

Pro-tip: pay your lawyer with coke if you want to win the case.

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

ad090 posted:

Lmao "she likes when I act stupid on weekends when we get drunk at the bar, she should be fine with me acting stupid when getting drunk at a work function" come on dude

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

You seem determined to find the family faultless in all of this, but really all she did was lock a door, a completely normal and benign thing to do. If that triggers your family into mocking you for a week then it's your family who are assholes, not you

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Bronze Fonz posted:

I live in a super peaceful part of Montreal, had 2 attempted break-ins. The first one the guy had his head through our bedroom window, climbing in, when we woke up and yelled the fucker to GTFO.
We put a shitload of barriers to prevent access to the backyard the next morning, still happened the next summer (the guy didn't get as far that time though).

You don't have to live in some ghetto area, it's just loving basic smarts at the same level as "I know how to tie my shoes".

I don't think that rendition of Don't Stop Believing is the only reason why the fiance is not welcome at the "couples event".

Pro-tip: pay your lawyer with coke if you want to win the case.

Same guy?

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
I told her I'd be on my best behavior!
*Immediately gets drunk at her work event*

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

We'll never know.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Leon Einstein posted:

Is this the mechanic guy with the attorney girlfriend with the creepy threesome boss that we argued about for pages and pages?

If it's not maybe lawyers and mechanics should never get together because apparently they just can't get on.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Actually locking your doors is a sign of mental illness I believe.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I don't lock my door. Ever. But I also sleep like a baby with my rear end in the air and constantly have ads on Craigslist inviting men over for a good time.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
My BIL and his mom obsessively lock doors. It's not a problem if you're actually leaving your house, but they lock doors when people run outside and there is a houseful of people. That poo poo is so annoying.

Van Kraken
Feb 13, 2012

Did you, like, skip reading all 4500 pages of people acting like insane assholes for no reason or what

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
This thread always delivers the hot takes. It's produced both "cheating on your partner is progressive" and "locking your door is mental illness." Absolutely incredible.

Hagop
May 14, 2012

First one out of the Ranger gets a prize!

Twelve Batmans posted:

A lock means there's something for the intruders to have to circumvent or find another way into the home, further increasing their chances of detection and more likely deterring them for continued attempts at entry. Of course it can't work 100% of the time, but a seatbelt won't save you from a car wreck 100% of the time, still not a reason not to wear one.

Tommy Lynn Sells mentioned that he always went for the easiest targets, usually people who left a door unlocked or a window open with only a screen between. Most home invasions are done by opportunists and aren't well planned. I don't see how there exists a suitable argument to not securing your premises when you're not home or if you're asleep- especially if you are old, disabled, or a single woman or if you have children.

So locks work 0% of the time when there is no one around to stop or even see someone taking a spitting ax to your door, throwing a brick through your window, or using a big truck and a chain to rip whatever you thought was keeping your house safe off your house. People in small towns and backwoods like to yuck it up about it being too quiet to lock a door, but the fact is that it just doesn't help a lot of the time. So why have to replace your door and your tv when the local meth head hit your house before being busted by the county sheriff trying to pawn their stolen goods off at a church yard sale.

That said I never met anyone that wouldn't be fine their kids SO from the big city locking the doors if it made them feel better, so gently caress those parents.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

cumshitter posted:

I don't lock my door. Ever. But I also sleep like a baby with my rear end in the air and constantly have ads on Craigslist inviting men over for a good time.

Too much effort, cut a hole in the door, make it comfy and have your rear end outside of the door while you relax on the inside. Also charge people.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Because events rarely unfold the way they do in your little mental scenario hth

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
AITA for not engaging in debate over every little thing I think or say?

quote:

I do bar trivia with some friends, and there is a guy who has a serious bad habit of the whole "devil's advocate" thing, and challenging people on the dumbest poo poo. It's almost like he gets angry if anyone has an opinion. I don't mean an opinion he doesn't share, but any opinion, and he needs to fight people on the most innocuous statements.

I am just not someone who is really into debating people. I don't find joy in "honing my debate skills", arguing over opinions, etc. I've gotten tired of dealing with this guy and have stopped engaging him. A song played at the bar, and I said "Oooh, I love this song. This new album of theirs is so good, I like it so much better than the last one."

Cue this guy immediately jumping on me and me being just... done.

Him: Well why is it better?

Me: I just like it more.

Him: Right, but what EXACTLY makes it better?

Me: (shrug) I dunno, just sounds better.

Him: Are you basing this on FACT or is this an EMOTIONAL reaction you're having?

Me: (laughing a little) It's music, it's really not that deep.

Him: Well how can you say that if you can't even form an intelligent opinion and back up why the album is better?

Me: (shrug) Dunno, just can.

He got really annoyed at this and moved seats for the next few rounds.

Another time after that, we were discussing kind of lightly how we were voting on something in our local election. I tend to not get involved in these talks, but it was a very light-hearted "Yeah, I voted that way too," and "I just put my ballot in, I voted for it," etc. Not a debate.

He turned it into a big thing and opened up with "Well just to play devil's advocate," and he started talking about it and pressing everyone. Some played along, and when he got to me, I said "Dunno." He got worked up and kept pressing me on the whole Devil's Advocate thing, like "Well what if THIS happened instead?"

I said "Eh, who knows?" and shrugged it off, but he would not let it go. I kept either ignoring him or shrugging him and his questions off, and he kept getting more and more worked up and finally said something like "Well if you're too stupid to engage in intellectual debate, I don't see why you bother opening your mouth in the first place."

At that point, I'd really had enough and I said, "If you're too socially stunted to understand that not everyone is trying to debate you on every little thing, I don't see why you come out of your Mom's basement in the first place."

He slammed his fist on the table and left. This is a pretty big group of people and the story got around. Some people thanked me for finally saying something to him. Other people told me I was way off base and harsh and that I was an rear end in a top hat for firing back at him.

So what's the verdict?

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Tell us more about the extremely wealthy gated community you live in.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

ad090 posted:

I liked this guy until he started doubting telling the fucker off was the right thing to do.
Should've told him off after the first 2-3 questions.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

ad090 posted:

At that point, I'd really had enough and I said, "If you're too socially stunted to understand that not everyone is trying to debate you on every little thing, I don't see why you come out of your Mom's basement in the first place."

:bisonyes:

I fuckin' hate devils advocates. And if his response was to slam the table and leave then he's actually a lil bitch who can't engage in debate when he's on the losing end.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for making my neighbors move?

Roughly one and a half years ago I got new neighbors. They moved into the apartment right below mine (I live alone), with a newborn baby. Shortly after they moved in (Oct '17) the baby started screaming, not just crying, screaming several times a day, every day. You should know, that I grew up in a big family. I'm used to noises around me. Even really loud stuff never really disturbed me in my peace.

​At that time I worked full-time in retail, which meant that most of the time I worked all day and when I came home I was super tired and just fell asleep right away. In other words, I didn't notice the screaming very much. That changed as soon as I started studying (Sept '18). I was more at home and the time I spent at home wasn't just for relaxing. I have to work from home quite a lot. So not only did I notice the baby more, it also felt as if the crying became more frequent and (I don't know how else to describe it) more painful. The crying didn't just sound like "I'm cold", "I want my mom" or whatever, but more as if the kid was in pain (I'm pretty sure the parents didn't actually do anything to their baby, that's just what the crying sounded like).

​It got so far, that I simply couldn't work at home anymore (Dec '18). I got myself a membership-card for a really nice library nearby, where I at least could study.

​Sadly the baby would start crying at (seemingly) random times every day and night. Around February this year I got so incredibly annoyed and irritated by the non-stop mayhem downstairs, that, whenever the baby was having one of it's episodes, I simply started shouting "PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP". But that degraded to a simple "SHUT THE F*CK UP ALREADY!". I know this definitely wasn't the best approach, but to be honest, I just couldn't take it anymore. What made it even more irritating, is that the screaming didn't stop until I made myself heard. Almost as if the parents didn't care about their kid, until they realized that someone can hear them, but that's just speculation.

​For me it got to far, when my sleep schedule got heavily affected by the constant screaming, and I actually failed one of my exams because I didn't get any sleep the night before.

​Today I decided to call the Department of Children and Families [DCF], because I'm genuinely not sure whether the baby is taken care of, plus I'm simply desperate.

​The guys from the DCF came right away, and only minutes after they left, the mother came knocking on my door. I opened the door, she asked me if I reported them, I said "Yes". She was obviously pissed and said, that she tolerated me long enough (excuse me?) and that they will move out. I don't know what really happened between them and the people from DCF and if that has anything to do with their decision.

​It never really was my plan to get them to move, but now that it's actually happening, I can't say that I'm upset.

​AITA?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

cumshitter posted:

Bet business has been slow lately since they shut down the Craigslist personals section some time ago. You can’t live off repeat customers forever.