Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

spit on my clit posted:

i already volunteer as a clown at the children's hospital, whole foods, and kfc so i can say for sure that i'm better than you

you should graduate to volunteering to shoot roman candles out of your rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

spit on my clit posted:

i already volunteer as a clown at the children's hospital, whole foods, and kfc so i can say for sure that i'm better than you

You volunteer as a clown everywhere you go.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I like clowns

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

hawowanlawow posted:

you should graduate to volunteering to shoot roman candles out of your rear end

You're like three years too late to ask that, buddy. its how i make my livings

Gripweed posted:

You volunteer as a clown everywhere you go.

Thanks noted rereg guy goodbody

There's an unpopular opinion, and I agree.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

hawowanlawow posted:

steve-o didn't skateboard, he was literally a clown

clowning is exactly the kind of hokey poo poo you should be into with your old conformist man schtick, aramek

Sorry.

"Skater adjacent clown has an edgy tryhard tattoo"

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I think the first time I ever saw a Clown in any context was the Stephen King movie when I was like 9 years old, it was on the same holiday to my cousins in Scotland where I played Resident Evil 2 for the first time, the whole clowns being creepy meme has real backbone.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

MightyJoe36 posted:

Gigantic tattoos on a woman are unattractive.

The only valid tattoos are:
An anchor on the biceps
A heart that says "mother" in a cursive font.

All the others are lame.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Hating Electronic Arts is the modern day "M$".

(This opinion brought to you by watching a bunch of youtube video games about dead/dying games, where the endpoint is "the game was poo poo so nobody played it", which the peanut gallery seems to always spin as "EA secretly killed off this totally wonderful game that everyone loved".)

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 22:51 on May 1, 2019

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

MisterBibs posted:

(This opinion brought to you by watching a bunch of youtube video games about dead/dying games, where the endpoint is "the game was poo poo so nobody played it", which the peanut gallery seems to always spin as "EA secretly killed off this totally wonderful game that everyone loved".)

Is this a post from 2010?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Clowns are neither funny nor scary.

Also, you can still find loads of people bemoaning EA on bad Internet forums but yeah that’s been going on forever.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

EA seems like they have really bad business practices that make them worthy of extra scorn

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

MisterBibs posted:

the classic mr bibs post

if a mass of people have a general problem with a company, it probably has some merit

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

MisterBibs posted:

Is "modern day" when it's been going on since at least 2012 when idiots voted EA the worst company in America?

Also does the publisher of a game have no influence over the quality of the game?

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
EA literally destroyed beloved franchise Command & Conquer and for that alone I will never forgive them. Hearing about every subsequent game and company they destroy is like hearing that your ex who used to stomp kittens now murders transients.
It was long before 2010, their rancid directing shows up in Tiberian Sun but doesn't get REALLY inexcusably bad until Red Alert 2 (or maybe some other game in between).

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

They ruined dead space and pissed on its corpse.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

The modern era truly began in earnest when EA was voted the world's worst corporation the same year as the Deepwater Horizon spill.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
If there’s one kind of poll I trust, it’s the kind likely to trigger angry nerds to swarm it.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

docbeard posted:

The modern era truly began in earnest when EA was voted the world's worst corporation the same year as the Deepwater Horizon spill.

lol I remember getting banned from a gaming forum when I pointed this out because it was too political

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Tubgoat posted:

EA literally destroyed beloved franchise Command & Conquer and for that alone I will never forgive them. Hearing about every subsequent game and company they destroy is like hearing that your ex who used to stomp kittens now murders transients.
It was long before 2010, their rancid directing shows up in Tiberian Sun but doesn't get REALLY inexcusably bad until Red Alert 2 (or maybe some other game in between).

Red Alert 2 kicked rear end and eventually gave us Tim Curry playing a crazy Russian general. "Dis gun's heavy" became a time honored comment to make among my friends while helping each other move.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

christmas boots posted:

lol I remember getting banned from a gaming forum when I pointed this out because it was too political

to be fair thats like going to reset era and saying that "censorship" is bad in any way, why would you expect anything less than being dogpiled and banned?

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

JollyBoyJohn posted:

No grown adult should give a gently caress if Captain Birdman gets blown up by the Hammerfist Ray God in the first 10 minutes of a Marvel film. Its a comic book movie, your enjoyment should come from the visual spectacle, if that's not enough to sustain your interest and instead you need to have the revelation that The Thundercunt and the Jackknobber had a kid to make your 3 hour cinema experience worthwhile then revealing these spoilers to you out of context and before the event is only going to make you a better person long-term.

Edit: do kids actually care about spoilers or do they just watch things and enjoy them for what they are?

It sounds like you have some opinions about what grown adults should care about. Please share, I would like to care about (more?) things.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
The Sopranos isn't good. I'm near the end of season 2 and it's just bad. I mean, can you cram any more scenes that nobody ever wants to see in a show (improv classes, song recitals, talent shows)?

When people talk about the show they always talk about how much of a monster "badass" the main character is, but he just seems like a whiny primadonna. Yeah he whacks some guys but then he spends the next 8-10 episodes crying about it to the therapist. I don't like it when shows explore the character's feelings/motivations. Television would be better off if any therapy session was never shown on screen.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Were the scenes where he scares his therapist in there yet? Where his violent aura intrudes her personal life?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

doverhog posted:

Were the scenes where he scares his therapist in there yet? Where his violent aura intrudes her personal life?

he threatened her a little yeah but i saw that more as flirting than a real threat

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Goddamn dude you really want that new rear end avatar don't you.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i6-ndb_tKM

Flirting!

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

My point was that scenes like that aren't interesting. For every scene where he's himself like that there's 2 hours of him whining endlessly about how hard he has it.

Telling most of the story through therapy is just boring as hell to me.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

yeah I eat rear end posted:

My point was that scenes like that aren't interesting. For every scene where he's himself like that there's 2 hours of him whining endlessly about how hard he has it.

Telling most of the story through therapy is just boring as hell to me.

poo poo, that's the whole point of the show, isn't it? He's a "badass" but he's also just a regular ol' flawed--honestly, terrible--human being. And yeah, he's whiney, he's entitled, he's extremely petty, but I feel like the show (I just finished a watch-though a couple weeks back) does a great job of keeping him interesting and sympathetic while still being monstrous.

I do really hate the dream sequences. Like I hate all dream sequences in all shows but the Sopranos takes 'em to an agonizingly dull level.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

artsy fartsy posted:

poo poo, that's the whole point of the show, isn't it? He's a "badass" but he's also just a regular ol' flawed--honestly, terrible--human being. And yeah, he's whiney, he's entitled, he's extremely petty, but I feel like the show (I just finished a watch-though a couple weeks back) does a great job of keeping him interesting and sympathetic while still being monstrous.

I do really hate the dream sequences. Like I hate all dream sequences in all shows but the Sopranos takes 'em to an agonizingly dull level.

I think the pace of the show is just not for me. People always put it up with breaking bad as the ultimate shows that show a flawed anti-hero or whatever, but to me that title belongs to Vic Mackey. He has introspection without it being overbearing, isn't magically successful like walt, and the show is actually engaging. It does have a couple scenes that just kind of suck but nothing to the level of the season 2 episode 6(?) sopranos one where we have to deal with that one dude being conflicted about having to cry in improv class.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I don't like it when shows explore the character's feelings/motivations.

:roflolmao:

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

doverhog posted:

Goddamn dude you really want that new rear end avatar don't you.

Read his title!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The Sopranos being bad is a next level terrible opinion. And thinking the show is supposed to be about Tony being a "badass" is :laffo:

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
The word "cahoots" isn't used nearly enough.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

doverhog posted:

It sounds like you have some opinions about what grown adults should care about. Please share, I would like to care about (more?) things.

Self improvement is a difficult thing

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Nice platitude, however you didn't list any things. I'll start. Family, politics. You go next.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

doverhog posted:

Nice platitude, however you didn't list any things. I'll start. Family, politics. You go next.

I'm opposed to both

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Abolishing the family would be neat.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Endgame spoilers incoming

I watched it yesterday (also hosed and ate rear end, in case you were wondering) and it was a good day on both counts, even if the time travel nature of the film leaves a lot of questions open if you start to think about it for too long.

I pity the fool who didn't enjoy comic books as a child, or just is kind of a sad and boring guy, and lacks the ability to appreciate these movies as a part of the human experience of mythology. Iron Man is like a modern god, and you don't have to believe he ever existed to share the experience with others. Thor's just a god, don't even have to throw modern in there.

Embrace your inner primitive, feel what people feel when they gather in a church or a mosque, except you know it's a movie, so it's less stupid.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Family is a good one, but only if you have a good family. There are some lovely families out there. Same with politics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doverhog
May 31, 2013

It's the same experience of the mystical you tap into when you go to a concert. I have never felt closer to the god that does not exist than when I was drunk, covered in red wine, sweat and dirt in pit at a metal festival.