Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

Miranda by Michael Garbutt, on Flickr

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy
Untitled by Tom Olson, on Flickr

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Nice. Dunno if I'm allowed to poast this here, but:

Do you scope out those scenes initially and then come around when the light is good?
Or do you notice scenes like this just-in-time and then try to quickly unpack and set up your camera?
It seems with the evening light hitting the tree-tops like this the window to get a good shot would be a couple of minutes at most. Maybe I'm underestimating it, because I'm hemmed in by skyscrapers and light usually transitions from "nice" to "gone" in the span of 3-8 minutes.

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

DSC_1307-Edit.jpg by Steven Sarginson, on Flickr

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

VomitOnLino posted:

Nice. Dunno if I'm allowed to poast this here, but:

Do you scope out those scenes initially and then come around when the light is good?
Or do you notice scenes like this just-in-time and then try to quickly unpack and set up your camera?
It seems with the evening light hitting the tree-tops like this the window to get a good shot would be a couple of minutes at most. Maybe I'm underestimating it, because I'm hemmed in by skyscrapers and light usually transitions from "nice" to "gone" in the span of 3-8 minutes.

Both. This one was a just-in-time shot from June (I spent about 10 minutes taking 3 photos), but in March during my artist's residency further up the coast from this picture I spent three weeks scoping out scenes like this and coming back when the light was right.

Swarmin Swedes
Oct 22, 2008

Dead Horse State Park right? Amazing park.

I was just there last week and shot a few as well.

Swarmin Swedes fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Apr 26, 2019

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Swarmin Swedes posted:

Dead Horse State Park right? Amazing park.

I was just there last week and shot a few as well.

Exactly so. The pictured spot is the precise point where the Man in Black scalps a dude near the end of Westworld S1E1! :haw:

I had been there before, and so when I saw that episode, I lost my poo poo a little knowing that exact overlook and tree.

Your shots are great as well! :)

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

Kirrawee by Michael Garbutt, on Flickr

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Lawson
Apr 21, 2006

You're right, I agree.
Total Clam

Oh my goodness.

Lankster NZ
Jul 21, 2007

Very, very nice.

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

Went turkey hunting but the birds wouldn't cooperate so I shot photos instead.

Driftless IL by charliebravo77, on Flickr

It's been a weird loving spring in Illinois.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I was out in that snow yesterday too, it was pretty nuts. Green grass and flowers poking out of a fresh pile of snow? Fun stuff.

Didn't get any photos worth uploading, but that's how I roll.

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005
You can't really dust for vomit.

Yes bruv

:ironicat:

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Very nice.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

I really dig your style in general but this in particular is fantastic

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005

Wafflecopper posted:

I really dig your style in general but this in particular is fantastic

Thanks man. That means a lot. Been struggling recently, feeling like my images were failing to find an audience so I’m really glad you commented. Cheers.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005
Poss not the right thread for this, but Michael Wolf has died. His photography is a massive inspiration to me and I wanted to share some of his work below for those that might not have seen it before.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Nigel Tufnel posted:

Poss not the right thread for this, but Michael Wolf has died. His photography is a massive inspiration to me and I wanted to share some of his work below for those that might not have seen it before.

Aw man. I'll admit to not remembering his name but I also love his work and it frequently comes to mind as I'm wandering around shooting.

Raikyn
Feb 22, 2011

Dusk by Marc, on Flickr

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

Greenwich

Orions Lord
May 21, 2012
De Mick by roland luijken, on Flickr

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Raikyn
Feb 22, 2011

Raikyn fucked around with this message at 02:26 on May 9, 2019

Lankster NZ
Jul 21, 2007

Raikyn posted:

Sick night photos

Loving these

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Went to a nuclear reactor, was pretty neat.

P5041994055 by Cody P, on Flickr

P5041986048 by Cody P, on Flickr

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU