Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Asehujiko posted:

ITT: Goons unable to comprehend that somebody might not have have exact knowledge of a pop culture thing that came out when they were 2 months old but able to determine where it's from with a big clue in the right direction from another poster and google.

You shouldn't be allowed to post in CD until you watch T2. mods????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Ola posted:

Terminator 2 is as old now as Hitchcock's The Birds was when Terminator 2 came out.

Yeah but everyone on this dead gay forum is some ancient 40 something balding alcoholic so it's not an excuse

DrNutt posted:

You shouldn't be allowed to post in CD until you watch T2. mods????

Like, look at this guy^^^ he doesn't even know what forum he is in most of the time. first signs of dementia!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Opferwurst posted:

Yeah but everyone on this dead gay forum is some ancient 40 something balding alcoholic so it's not an excuse

Like, look at this guy^^^ he doesn't even know what forum he is in most of the time. first signs of dementia!

Young man can you direct me to the AARP subforums I am clearly lost and need my meds

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Opferwurst posted:

I'll have you know I'm only a 30 something balding alcoholic. :mad:

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

bloom posted:

I'll have you know I'm only a 30 something balding alcoholic. :mad:

I was going to say that <:mad:>

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

I’m not balding! I’m greying, there’s a difference

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

39 y/o greying balding wine enthusiast tyvm.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

speaking of spoilers, can we at least talk about the fact that the actor who played Night King has the last name of Furdik

FurDik

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Otacon posted:

speaking of spoilers, can we at least talk about the fact that the actor who played Night King has the last name of Furdik

FurDik

It's 2019 man, furries are comrades now.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Otacon posted:

FurDik

The Nutt King

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Dick Furry

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
If they go with the mad queen ending then just eternal :laffo:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

quote:

Hey, guys. Some of you might know me from The Walking Dead fandom. I help run a site called The Spoiling Dead Fans. We have been specializing in Walking Dead spoilers for years. Now, I typically don’t deal with GOT spoilers. I leave that to the Freefolk. However, recently one of our members (someone I trust) approached us with what they believe are legit GOT spoilers that they received from their own source.

For the record, I personally CANNOT verify the accuracy of these spoilers. It’s not like TWD, where we have multiple sources that allow us to confirm information. I’m in the dark with these. But I know this community would appreciate them and can maybe make better sense out of everything. So I’m going to share what I have heard... Again, I’m not trying to say these are confirmed. I have no idea. However, they do align with some other things that have come out. I’ll let you guys draw your own conclusions.

• Something happens to make the Unsullied go bat poo poo crazy. They rampage kill men, women, and children. Might be related to Missandei.

• Tyrion is arrested on Dany's command but does not know his fate at this point. Though he wasn't seen again after this event from the source.

• Cersei does die. Was not told if it was by Arya or if it’s Arya disguised as Jamie when asked.

• Dany turns evil and that the actual ending is bittersweet.

• When asked if Jon kills Dany and the Iron Throne is destroyed. Source said that it was the closest anyone has guessed.

• Source asked what will happen to Bronn? It was suggested that he’d play a pertinent role.

I might potentially learn a bit more later. I’ll be sure to share.

Dany ending up a villain will drive an absolutely poo poo ton of people crazy even though it’d be the most thematically satisfying thing the show has done in years and definitely what GRRM has planned. Though it’s the shows fault for building her up to be such a fan favorite hero rather than the unstable character she is in the books so it’ll be a serious tonal whiplash. At least the final holdouts will acknowledge that D&D are hacks.

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

Dany enters the throne room. She straps the throne atop Drogon, and flies out the window with it, never to be heard from again. The Iron Throne being hers wasn't symbolic of power, she just really wanted the drat chair.

Jon, mouth agape, stares after her as she fades away over the narrow sea, before being stabbed by Ayra.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
It would be peak D&D to have gained all that "strong female characters" cred and waste it on a rushed shocking swerve just as the show ends.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

YaketySass posted:

It would be peak D&D to have gained all that "strong female characters" cred and waste it on a rushed shocking swerve just as the show ends.

It would make the decision to have Arya kill the Night King more understandable and cowardly: they knew they would get poo poo on for a "bitches crazy" ending and decided to hedge their bets by giving Arya one of the biggest moments of the series.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

YaketySass posted:

It’s going to be fantastic. oh my god imagine the reaction from all the people who named their pets/KIDS Khaleesi. People who got Targaryen tattoos. All that poo poo.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Bottom Liner posted:

If they go with the mad queen ending then just eternal :laffo:

I mean it's better than just doing nothing remotely surprising at all I guess. The more interesting ending would be if she kills the Starks first and ends up on the Iron Thone as just another mediocre despot, with the Kingdom not discernibly in a better position than we found it.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 22:33 on May 3, 2019

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Yeah it'll be a dumb ending but hilarious for all the vitriol it will cause

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It’s going to be fantastic. oh my god imagine the reaction from all the people who named their pets/KIDS Khaleesi. People who got Targaryen tattoos. All that poo poo.

yes this is why I'm extremely on board for Mad Queen Daenerys

but I don't really think it's as out-of-nowhere as people are acting

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

romanowski posted:

yes this is why I'm extremely on board for Mad Queen Daenerys

but I don't really think it's as out-of-nowhere as people are acting

It’s not in the books. But it kind of is in the show.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

She's a lot more developed in the books but not in that way, yeah. She's a lot more unsure about her ambitions and not nearly as aggressive but the show definitely laid the groundwork for her to go all mad (especially the sam scenes this season).

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
I still think the show will go for the most happy fairytale ending possible to avoid pissing off anyone. Mad Queen Danny makes all kinds of sense, but the we're talking about a show that pussied out on killing anyone in their apocalyptic zombie battle episode because I guess there's people out there who really love Brienne?

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

yeah the show probably should have done more to lay the groundwork but it's not *completely* unprompted, that's all I mean. but at this point it's hard to imagine the shift to Full Mad Queen not feeling too abrupt but whatever I don't care I just demand chaos

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Bottom Liner posted:

She's a lot more developed in the books but not in that way, yeah. She's a lot more unsure about her ambitions and not nearly as aggressive but the show definitely laid the groundwork for her to go all mad (especially the sam scenes this season).

I don't think she necessarily has to be insane to turn heel. Look at how she reacted to Jon's disclosure of his parentage, or how she's responded to any notion of Northern independence. It seems pretty well established at this point that her eyes are still on the prize, and that she's going to go through anybody who gets in her way. That's enough to plausibly break her alliance with our other "heroes".

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Dany will yell “burn them all” in the throne room and Jon will stab her because it’s poetry and that rhymes.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Turns out the ice part in the song was just for fridging.

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018
Does anyone who has any doubt Dany will go crazy and get killed want to bet me money on it

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Dany will yell “burn them all” in the throne room and Jon will stab her because it’s poetry and that rhymes.

Jon will be unable to, so it pans over to Jaime in a “well here we go again” gesture as he grabs a sword

Undocumented Gamer
Jan 9, 2019
The real ending will be a callback to Sean Bean.

Ned Stark awakes from a deep slumber in his bed back at Winterfell. He then looks to his wife, which has changed actors to the mom from Malcolm in the Middle, asking, "What's wrong? You're ice cold..." Ned, speechless, motions to the camera as it slowly fades away to black. The last thing you see is Ned's eyes turn blue. End.

They win all the awards.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Its Coke posted:

Does anyone who has any doubt Dany will go crazy and get killed want to bet me money on it

gently caress it. I'll bet you $10 or custom title or something. Need to keep my Wild Cards tag one way or the other though.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

To give D&D SOME credit I think they have attempted to subtlety build up to Dany losing it and going mad queen since at least Meereen but between their execution being poor and their audience simply not getting it a lot of the plot points that were intended to cause the audience to go “hmm maybe Dany isn’t the righteous ruler that she’s constantly making herself out to be” instead made them go “YASSS QUEEEN”. Which the merchandising and marketing ran with into the ground.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Undocumented Gamer posted:

The real ending will be a callback to Sean Bean.

Ned Stark awakes from a deep slumber in his bed back at Winterfell. He then looks to his wife, which has changed actors to the mom from Malcolm in the Middle, asking, "What's wrong? You're ice cold..." Ned, speechless, motions to the camera as it slowly fades away to black. The last thing you see is Ned's eyes turn blue. End.

They win all the awards.

The Ned King

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
What Is Ned May Never Die

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Can you please stop getting hyped up about Mad Queen ending?

It will not happen and the dissapointing reality that Jon and Daenerys rule the 7 kingdoms with their son Khal Rhaegar Eddard Targaryen will completely crush you

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 01:16 on May 4, 2019

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

lezard_valeth posted:

Can you please stop getting hyped up about Mad Queen ending?

It will not happen and the dissapointing reality that Jon and Daenerys rule the 7 kingdoms with their son Khal Rhaegar Eddard Targaryen will completely crush you

Can't wait for Jon's speech to Rhaegar Eddard right before he's shipped off to Hogwarts

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
He has to name him after Alliser Thorne for maximum Rowling points.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The last scene will be Qyburn having the Mountain preside over his marriage to wight Cersei in a small service at the inn at the crossroads

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Mameluke posted:

The last scene will be Qyburn having the Mountain preside over his marriage to wight Cersei in a small service at the inn at the crossroads
Qyburn forced to do a naked walk and carried away by zombie cersei

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Wait I thought poop ending was official now. Or is there a variation where we can get mad poopy queen?