Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Can I do the Profit Taker Nightwave without being Old Mate with Solaris? Like if someone invites me or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008

Schurik posted:

Can I do the Profit Taker Nightwave without being Old Mate with Solaris? Like if someone invites me or something?

No.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I got them anyway but are Primed Fast Hands and Primed Regen actually good or more of Have It Around Just In Case?

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Pipski posted:

It just had to be Profit Taker didn't it. Darn. Still, better than shelling out 960 plat, I suppose.

Correction: no, Profit Taker is far worse than farming 1k plat jfc I hate it to death.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Samuringa posted:

I got them anyway but are Primed Fast Hands and Primed Regen actually good or more of Have It Around Just In Case?

Primed Regen is actually good, if a bit on the lower end of the endo priority list.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Soothing Vapors posted:

that's a really good point, 165 plat is a way easier grind than 30k cryo

to expand on that a bit, I was not interested in grinding 30k cryo without a booster and not interested in grinding that much cryo in 3 days so that's a 7 day booster - at that point if I'm putting out plat in the first place I might as well buy the thing which comes with a slot and potato and doesn't involve spending my time babysitting 150 extractors worth of cryotic (a minimum of 4.16 hours, assuming perfect chaining)

similarly the idea of refarming broken war after crafting war didn't interest me so I sold loki p last time it was unvaulted and bought hunhow's gift instead so I could have both. no regrets there either!

Psion fucked around with this message at 17:57 on May 3, 2019

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Tempest_56 posted:

Yeah, as a newer player it's pretty garbage. I got about ten minutes in and I don't think he said anything that wasn't either restating the tutorial or complaining about the current content/his upload schedule aside from 'remember to pick up neurodes, you will need some'.

Brozime did the same thing a few months ago. There were some interesting bits - like prioritizing things differently due to lacking a clan or farming weapons none of us would normally use outside of MR - but it was done for a stream so there's a lot of just shooting the breeze. It's only entertaining if you understand how everything works, and even then only it's just the f2p-without-a-clan-or-friends weird decisions that are interesting.

If you're a goon the game starts by walking into discord and walking out so heavily armed that the "new player experience" portion of the game is laughable.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Mailer posted:

If you're a goon the game starts by walking into discord and walking out so heavily armed that the "new player experience" portion of the game is laughable.

I have been thinking how DE could improve the early game, and I have a drastic suggestion:

Public Clans

Every new player automatically, as part of a very early quest, gets put into a bare bones pre-made clan. DE could align them with the syndicates, or Void Schools or something new (the 3 factions? the 3 starter frames?), just for flavor. To get actual juicy bits you need to join a "normal" clan as usual, but you could make the public dojos into recruiting tools, like Giant Clan Halls that have designs for the recruiters (and maybe ads for DE stuff you know how it goes) etc.

The public clan maybe lets you build some low MR frames and weapons, but you will see some faction-banned stuff or taboo or some other barrier that shows better stuff, and points to a real clan.

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

I've been soloing a lot of Eidolons lately and have become convinced DE paid the encounter designers per special effect. I've actually come to enjoy the process, there's something very satisfying in cleanly bringing them down by yourself weaving in attacks and abilities with weird timings. I especially like the mechanic of shooting the 2 scaffold through the body to multi-hit. But I really didn't like them at first because goddamn are those fights a complete clusterfuck until your brain learns to cull all the bullshit.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

A clusterfuck until your brain learns to cull all the bullshit is a solid description of Warframe in general.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I really like playing Mirage. Should I buy the prisma tetra?

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Ya the first time you go do eidolons, especially tridolons, it's just a light show where you sometimes fall down and die. Then you learn to ignore or react to the light show and it's just a big hectic dance.

I'm a fan of the eidolons and both orb mother fights. The Wolf is overtuned and doesn't quite have enough going on to be a good fight. They're slowly getting better at encounter design, probably maybe.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
LeyzarGamingViews also does decent 'intro and explaining' builds.
(one grain of salt, like every other youtuber, undervalues punchthrough on primaries)

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Pylons posted:

I really like playing Mirage. Should I buy the prisma tetra?

Yes, it fits the Mirage weapon requirements of having visible projectiles and being hilarious, especially with the ricocheting bullets augment.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

It's not good but you should definitely experience it.

E: It's devstream time friendos

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

yesss beyonetta khora helmet made it in

and the infested nikana

e: Wukong rework has been written, but not implemented. They might have something to show next stream, but probably not.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

UI rework:

pablo forgot to make finding weapon stats easy/possible lol nvmd chat found the UI element, hitting tab when over the purchase or blueprints shows stats

Relics. You can see how many of each thing you have, ducat values, etc. You can also stack refinement and turn a radiant into a flawless etc.

Syndicates There are tabs at the top for Fortuna/Cetus, Simaris, etc. You can also visit them directly with the click of a button.

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 19:18 on May 3, 2019

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Emissives and Energy colors have been separated. Emissives are only visible on the warframe, Energy only affects your enemy color.

Nyx Deluxe. W/ Shotgun

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
holy poo poo Khora Deluxe looks insane

guess I just solved the mystery of who's getting my umbral forma

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

HOLY poo poo LOOK AT THIS KHORA DELUXE

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Nightwave Series 1 ends on the 15th.

Nightwave season 2: "less grindy, less fear of missing out", reducing forced multiplayer, reducing Endless Mission grind. They are aware that there was too much pressure and it was making people feel burnt out. Creds weren't awarding enough, etc.

There are going to be less acts. Series 2 will have 5 weekly acts and 2 weekly elite acts. Awards more per act, so it even outs. Less requirements for each, so they're easier to do.

Wolf is not gone for good, he's just going to be more rare. High degree of availability for him at the end of the event. The wolf will be an on-demand event during Season 2.

Preview of next nightwave contents:

Infested/Orokin shoulder cape, only available through the event.

Plague Star is coming back on June 12th! Old events will be running a lot before Tennocon to keep people busy.

Gas City is now called "The Jovian Concord", release window is "right around the corner", in May-ish.

Raids: "not coming back in the way that they were". Something mid-summer will be "Raid-like". They're not saying anything specific yet though, get hosed raid nerds.

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 19:35 on May 3, 2019

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Volumetric Lighting coming later this year.

Animation/Mesh based emitters. no screenshot because it requires animation lol. Particles an emit off of surfaces that are animation now, so enemies can be flailing around on fire now.

Jovian Concord is when Wisp will be released.

Flight patterns are getting touched up for the incoming Railjack missions. AI's going to be a lot smarter and they're going to be able to fly much better.

Railjack Management Console, I have no idea what's loving going on.

"Not like mods, but more like switchable mods????"

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 19:40 on May 3, 2019

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

SPACE

Itzal Rework: not nerfing the dash, looking into ways to either put it on all archwings or address the problems that it's solving. Itzal is not losing the dash.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
Nyx Deluxe sure got boobier

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Wisps gun is a thunder-burst shotgun with an alt-fire that turns it into a lightning assault rifle. That wasn't a silencer lol

Gas City also gives rewards like Captura Sets by exploring. Lots of traps and secrets.

Roomba is now called "Domestik Drone"

New Game Mode:

Disruption. New paths on planets. It's an endless mode, and also a clan event! Based on best times within a threshold. Rotation rewards can be "skewed" to give you better results than AABC. Works better with squads, but solo players can get faster rotation Cs as well. You also get better rewards and score by doing more than one at a time.

Essentially, it's "super super cool". Also difficult. Scales faster than other endless modes. Reb is doing everything in her power not to actually talk about what you have to do lol

Four Keys required, by killing amalgams. Coordinated squads can do all four at once, and can end the round in like two minutes. Each key has the potential to give you a debuff or a buff while you defend the spot you drop the key.

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 19:55 on May 3, 2019

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Babe Magnet posted:

Railjack Management Console, I have no idea what's loving going on.

"Not like mods, but more like switchable mods????"

Oh, this looks like this one Star Trek game I played once. You had a set amount of Energy that you could divert to directional shields - such as powering up the rear shield if you're being attacked - or weapons and other Ship functionalities, in a give and take way.

So here you can power "Weapons", "Flight" or "Shield", meaning balancing your maneuverability, defense, and offense.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

OH gently caress A FLYDOLON

He hands out in the gas city. It looks like an easter egg but Reb referred to the secret as "an extra challenge" so maybe we can kill it.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Babe Magnet posted:

Nightwave Series 1 ends on the 15th.

Nightwave season 2: "less grindy, less fear of missing out", reducing forced multiplayer, reducing Endless Mission grind. They are aware that there was too much pressure and it was making people feel burnt out. Creds weren't awarding enough, etc.

Maybe it's differing perspective, but I still don't get why Nightwave's being seen as grindy or that it's hard to get everything.

I started playing midway through Week 2 - as in missed the entire first week and was MR0. There was a ton of stuff I couldn't complete. I missed the first Help Clem because I hadn't even met Clem yet. I'm STILL hitting Rank 26/27 this week (so I very feasibly will hit 30 by the end) and most of it was stuff I was doing anyway or minimal effort. (One very kind instance of being dragged through airless Kuva survival aside.)

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Yeah that +

The mask design winners coming along nicely.

Melee 3.0:

Still working on it, mostly focusing on feedback from 2.99~. Potentially new enemy type with a "new armor type" with a melee focus. Prosecutors 2.0??

No word on Vauban or Lunaro

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Tempest_56 posted:

Maybe it's differing perspective, but I still don't get why Nightwave's being seen as grindy or that it's hard to get everything.

I started playing midway through Week 2 - as in missed the entire first week and was MR0. There was a ton of stuff I couldn't complete. I missed the first Help Clem because I hadn't even met Clem yet. I'm STILL hitting Rank 26/27 this week (so I very feasibly will hit 30 by the end) and most of it was stuff I was doing anyway or minimal effort. (One very kind instance of being dragged through airless Kuva survival aside.)

You probably play more than the average person. Idk. I'm at like rank 18 and started a few days before nightwave.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Babe Magnet posted:

Itzal Rework: not nerfing the dash, looking into ways to either put it on all archwings or address the problems that it's solving. Itzal is not losing the dash.
That's cool because Odanata Prime came with my Volt Prime and I'd like a reason to use it

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

odonata prime is good for killing poo poo because its 1, the shield, increases the damage of bullets going through it like Volt's shield, but with heat instead of electricity.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

funkmeister posted:

LeyzarGamingViews also does decent 'intro and explaining' builds.
(one grain of salt, like every other youtuber, undervalues punchthrough on primaries)

More like goons over-value punch through.

Weapons in Warframe are tools; you should pick them based on how good they are at doing a particular job. If you really want to make your particular favorite into a less-effective one-size-fits-all build that's your prerogative, of course, but you shouldn't expect build videos designed to teach people how to build things effectively to go for that.

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 20:30 on May 3, 2019

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm

Tempest_56 posted:

big cummers ONLY posted:

You probably play more than the average person. Idk. I'm at like rank 18 and started a few days before nightwave.

I'm MR 23 and play a lot (probably about 10 - 15 hours a week) and hit rank 30 at the end of last week, and I spent more time on nightwave than was really fun. And I skipped all the 60 minute survivals, 40 wave defense, etc. type missions that sounded unfun Cutting it down to what sounds like about 2/3 of the time commitment it was before sounds about right.

Thinking back to when I was new I'm pretty sure I was playing twice as much, when the game first got it's hooks in me. And the nightwave activities are probably more rewarding as a newbie, since you might actually need the various resource, mod drops, starmap unlocks, wolf cred rewards, etc. For someone like me, only the rank up rewards were something I genuinely wanted, and even then only like a quarter of them at that. So it was taking up 1/3 - 1/2 of my play time for a handful of desirable, but time limited rewards.

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

More like goons over-value punch through.

Weapons in Warframe are tools; you should pick them based on how good they are at doing a particular job. If you really want to make your particular favorite into a less-effective one-size-fits-all build that's your prerogative, of course, but you shouldn't expect build videos designed to teach people how to build things effectively to go for that.

80% of the time a weapon's job is 'murder a bunch of mooks as quickly as possible' and punch through is hugely helpful for that. Usually it's on a dual stat mod even. There's quite a few exceptions, but 1.4m punch through should be the norm, not the exception. I got to agree looking at weapon builds from youtubers is often pretty painful because so few of them even acknowledge it.

Edit: I think maybe part of the reason for the discrepancy is goons having more reliable access to 4x corpro squads, which drastically reduces the prevalence of hardened targets which would increase the relative value of squeezing out a little more single target dps.

metasynthetic fucked around with this message at 20:35 on May 3, 2019

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

metasynthetic posted:

80% of the time a weapon's job is 'murder a bunch of mooks as quickly as possible' and punch through is hugely helpful for that. Usually it's on a dual stat mod even. There's quite a few exceptions, but 1.4m punch through should be the norm, not the exception. I got to agree looking at weapon builds from youtubers is often pretty painful because so few of them even acknowledge it.

Punch-through can be good but it generally only makes sense in the form of Primed Shred on guns that a) have poor fire rates b) gain an extra, special advantage from punch-through beyond just hitting two enemies at once or, ideally, c) both at once. So like the Battacor, the Amprex, and so on. Most of the time if you're taking a weapon that provides excellent single-target DPS and slapping PT on it to better deal with crowds, you'd be better off using one of the many dedicated AoE weapons in the game, which do the same job better and with fewer sacrifices.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

So I looked up some Volt build videos and I want...duration and strength and range all, right? Like, how. Note: My goal is to make my new shiny prime boy my eventual mindless ESO bot.
this is my nuke volt

Babe Magnet posted:

HOLY poo poo LOOK AT THIS KHORA DELUXE

oh my goddd please dont take a year to release this. i put my umbral forma in khora and she is my new main squeeze. day 1 buy.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

So the "catch-up" bit of Nightwave sounds like as long as you've done some of a particular week, you'll be able to do the missed parts once it's all finished? They didn't explain it very well.
(gonna watch that bit again, brb....)

[it's at the 30 minute mark]
Nah, sounds more like if you miss the weeklies, the'll hang around for you to catch up. Sounds like it's season 2 onward
Still, pretty good change.

YerDa Zabam fucked around with this message at 20:46 on May 3, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

It was kind of unclear, could be 2 weeks of weeklies stack similar to how 3 days of dailies stack now, but also if you finish all the weeklies you maybe get some another chance at older weeklies you didn't do.