Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I cant see all the cars available for purchase in DR2.0 - do they become available later?

for example Im seeing competitors using a Mitsubishi Evolution VI but I cant see it for purchase in the garage.

is there any kind of guide to the tyre wear? I've basically stuck to anything that is around 10-12km between services I can get away with soft if appropriate, but it doesnt seem to matter if you choose soft or mediums, they are always 'used' after two stages.

having good fun with this - it feels less floaty than DR and even though I am loving up a lot Im still having a blast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Not all the older cars will show up in the garage at once, since they're old you can only buy them used and that stock changes I think every day.

Granite Octopus
Jun 24, 2008

There’s even a little timer at the top right showing when a new “shipment” comes in

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

You can get 2 long stages out of a set of softs which means you can pretty much always use softs; unless you are doing a custom career with more than 2 stages between service.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Yeah they actually go new, used and then worn, and you can get about 20km out of softs before they hit worn.

I'm doing the monthly h1 fwd challenge which only allows 2 tyre changes per event, and has broken the format of service after every second race also.

oXDemosthenesXo
May 9, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Anyone have a good source for AC tracks besides Race Department? I can usually find what I want but now always.

I try to do a few laps at each GP circuit a few days before the race but this week the only version of Baku I can find is a pretty bad rFactor conversion.

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

oXDemosthenesXo posted:

Anyone have a good source for AC tracks besides Race Department? I can usually find what I want but now always.

I try to do a few laps at each GP circuit a few days before the race but this week the only version of Baku I can find is a pretty bad rFactor conversion.

I can help you with that. I don' t have platinum to message you though. If you visit the racing goons discord I am on there with this same name. Message me if so.

Humbug
Dec 3, 2006
Bogus
A guy in the daily used an R5 in a H3 RWD rally. Dunno if a bug or a hack. I haven't seen too much obvious hacking in DR2 yet, but there may be more on the time trial leaderboard. Cheating was was rife in DR.

Essobie
Jan 31, 2003

WHAT? THIS IS MY REGULAR SPEAKING VOICE.
Is this better?

oXDemosthenesXo posted:

RaceDepartment has a fairly strict "no unauthorized ports" policy, so if someone isn't willing to make a real-world track from scratch in AC or there's verifiable evidence that the original author of a track (like from rFactor) has given permission, RaceDepartment won't host it. Over on SRS, they won't use any track unless it is hosted on RaceDepartment because of this specifically.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
This thread is really good for finding mods that RD won’t host.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-pc-mod-discussion.307899/

It’s been going on for a while so sometimes the downloads don’t work anymore, but lots of them still do.

Btw people on that forum are the worst. But the thread is a good source for downloads.

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Apr 28, 2019

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Humbug posted:

A guy in the daily used an R5 in a H3 RWD rally. Dunno if a bug or a hack. I haven't seen too much obvious hacking in DR2 yet, but there may be more on the time trial leaderboard. Cheating was was rife in DR.

Your heart knows the answer.

At least you can see the top times on the leaderboard, I pick "Go to top" and it only moves up maybe 50 spots from me.

Kodo
Jul 20, 2003

THIS IS HOW YOUR CANDIDATE EATS CINNAMON ROLLS, KODO

a mysterious cloak posted:

Your heart knows the answer.

At least you can see the top times on the leaderboard, I pick "Go to top" and it only moves up maybe 50 spots from me.

Yeah, you have to return to the main events page to see the top scores. Seems like an easy fix for the next patch.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
I’ve been playing around with assetto corsa mods lately, mostly fictional tracks converted from Forza 7 (rio, Prague, maple valley, and Bernese alps) along with the new weather/dynamic lights shader app Sol and it’s really breathed new life into the game for me. I pretty much only ever hotlap in AC but it’s just so good at it and there are so many awesome AC mods out there. It would be awesome to get a goon race going (even if it’s only once) in AC sometime.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

So I'm getting into sim racing to help pass the time. What's a decent wheel and pedal setup that won't break the bank. No issues going used, and would I have better luck looking at local media exchange places or ebay/craigslist?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

iospace posted:

So I'm getting into sim racing to help pass the time. What's a decent wheel and pedal setup that won't break the bank. No issues going used, and would I have better luck looking at local media exchange places or ebay/craigslist?

The OP of this thread is pretty good and extensive. You're basically looking at wanting the G29 if you don't have the money for a Fanatec. Or maybe a used Fanatec if you can find one for a good price. Probably depends upon where you live, check everything :)

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

G29/920 or fanatec. Thrust master sucks I've had 2 bases die. I like the wheels but they are not reliable at all, they have power supply issues and since the supply is internal you're hosed.

Check Slickdeals I want to say one of the Logitech sets was on there really cheap. (199 was what I paid from Best buy for a 920 a bit ago)

Edit: here's the deal, no clue if it's valid.
https://slickdeals.net/share/android_app/fp/469687

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I picked up a t150 with the elite pedals on the cheap (like under $150) and it's been fine but it sounds like I got super lucky. So buyer beware if you go this route.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I have Thrustmaster T300RS that I think is great. Its over 2 years old and hasnt given me any trouble.

Well, the brake spring did finally give up the ghost, but I had the cheapo two pedal setup. I upgraded to Fanatec CSL Elite pedals with a loadcell

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

tater_salad posted:

G29/920 or fanatec. Thrust master sucks I've had 2 bases die. I like the wheels but they are not reliable at all, they have power supply issues and since the supply is internal you're hosed.

Check Slickdeals I want to say one of the Logitech sets was on there really cheap. (199 was what I paid from Best buy for a 920 a bit ago)

Edit: here's the deal, no clue if it's valid.
https://slickdeals.net/share/android_app/fp/469687

Dang, I have a TS300 that's doing fine so far. At least my Logitech DFPro is still kicking along if I need to fall back to it.

I've also got a set of heavily modded Fanatec Clubsport pedals, but doing the multi-device hokey-pokey is never fun.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

another vote for thrustmaster - t300.

I mostly play dirt rally and 2 with fairly strong FFB which is much harder on a wheel than the project cars and assetto corsa I dabbled in and I haven't noticed any degradation after 2 years. My brake peddle squeaks a little bit sometimes.

I tried logitech and the difference between that notchy garbage and the belt driven thrustmaster is VERY much worth the trouble.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

I had two bad T300s also, which I ultimately concluded was due to the unit's lack of proper grounding and static buildup in my seat. For the third one I added a grounding wire to my rig and insulated the pedals and base and it's worked without a problem for about a year now.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yeah, I unplug mine fom the wall and USB when I'm not using it, which (anecdotally, from reddit) seems to help with their longevity, from static, as TremorX mentioned. My rig is also wood, which I think helps by not transmitting static.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Mine was always unplugged and stored when not used. One died in a basement with no carpet, the other died in a carpet environment.

I loved the wheel, I hated paying $300 every 2 years.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I have Thrustmaster T300RS that I think is great. Its over 2 years old and hasnt given me any trouble.

Well, the brake spring did finally give up the ghost, but I had the cheapo two pedal setup. I upgraded to Fanatec CSL Elite pedals with a loadcell

Same here, had it for about a year with moderate use and it's fine.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you
Finally picked up Dirt 2.0 thanks to the Humble Bundle sale and it's goddamned fun.

That said CodeZombie I got the no co-driver audio bug after letting it sit on a replay for about 10 minutes while I did some other stuff around the house and when I went to the next round of my rally I paused to adjust the brightness and then suddenly my codriver audio disappeared and I could only hear the tire noises.

Humbug
Dec 3, 2006
Bogus
On the other end of the scale, my G25 must be more than 12 years old now, and is still working perfectly. A used Logitech wheel should have a lot of use still left in it, unless quality tanked in more recent years.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Seconding the 10 year old g25 still in perfect working order. I replaced it with fanatec stuff recently but other than a bit of pedal maintianence it hasn't put a foot wrong

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm still using the Logitech wheel that was made for Gran Turismo 4 :negative:

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

real_scud posted:

Finally picked up Dirt 2.0 thanks to the Humble Bundle sale and it's goddamned fun.

That said CodeZombie I got the no co-driver audio bug after letting it sit on a replay for about 10 minutes while I did some other stuff around the house and when I went to the next round of my rally I paused to adjust the brightness and then suddenly my codriver audio disappeared and I could only hear the tire noises.

Feature: Co-driver has random heart attacks

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Recommending all G25/27/29/920-havers at least get the brake spring from here: http://gteye.com.au/. I've got the full set and they're well worth it.

I'm considering a Perfect Pedal (http://perfectpedal.com/) in the near future since it's a shitload cheaper than the Fanatecs I want.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

TremorX posted:

Samir mode.

Minto Took posted:

Recommending all G25/27/29/920-havers at least get the brake spring from here: http://gteye.com.au/. I've got the full set and they're well worth it.

Seconded. It's an easy recommendation if you're too cheap for fancy pedals.

oXDemosthenesXo
May 9, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Shine posted:

Samir mode.

Well I'm always breaking the car so that seems pretty accurate

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I had a g29 but not having a decent mount/stand made it basically unusable. Is there something cheap and foldable that works well?

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Laserface posted:

I had a g29 but not having a decent mount/stand made it basically unusable. Is there something cheap and foldable that works well?

You're about to get a lot of recommendations for the Playseat Challenge, and rightfully so.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

There's also the gt omega which is cheaper but doesn't have a seat so you can use your current seat with it, just make sure your current seat is stable enough / doesn't have wheels

Granite Octopus
Jun 24, 2008

Minto Took posted:

Thanks for this! I’d only seen the far more costly load cell replacements. This is far more reasonable. Made an order.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

TremorX posted:

Yep, and of course it was the longer course for the rally and at night, so it was an extra concentrated heart attack that lasted for like 7 minutes.

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

Minto Took posted:

I'm considering a Perfect Pedal (http://perfectpedal.com/) in the near future since it's a shitload cheaper than the Fanatecs I want.

I'm excited about these so I'm bookmarking the page. The brake pedal has been the worst offender on my G27.

Kodo
Jul 20, 2003

THIS IS HOW YOUR CANDIDATE EATS CINNAMON ROLLS, KODO
Finally managed to break into the upper leaderboards in DR2.0, getting 130th (probably going to to change) in Group B 4WD Argentina with a time of 6:49.910. Been learning a lot more about tuning and was able to make the changes needed to suit the stage. Feel especially proud I did it in the bounce-happy Delta S4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Granite Octopus
Jun 24, 2008

What kind of changes? I haven’t done much tuning since things seem relatively ok with most cars, and paying to unlock gets expensive.

E: my gteye brake spring arrived. Wasn’t too difficult to install in my g25. It’s taken some getting used to. It was impossible to get enough force down in my wheeled office chair so I replaced the wheels with bell glides. Really liking it overall!

Granite Octopus fucked around with this message at 12:06 on May 7, 2019