Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Dehtraen posted:

Unless you’re one of the original first 12,000 people that just had their orders canceled without anything... you get nothing.

I placed an order for 1 box at about five minutes past, it went through no issue.

An hour later it just disappeared from my purchases, no messages, no anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

While you're all having fun drafting war of the spark on arena, here I am getting absolutely demolished by a guy with Gideon and Feather+Defiant Strike in both opening hands. That was sure fun.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

How are war queue times on mtgo?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Dysgenesis posted:

I placed an order for 1 box at about five minutes past, it went through no issue.

An hour later it just disappeared from my purchases, no messages, no anything.

That happened to basically everyone who ordered in the first 5 - 10 minutes. It happened to me. It seems like only the second and third listings actually made it through processing. And those are the ones that eBay seemingly has records for. I was in that second group, too, though. I got a refund yesterday, but still haven't received a notification of the order being cancelled. It still shows up in my eBay "purchased" tab. :/

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Entropic posted:

LSV’s Burger King trial story on the latest Limited Resources sure is something.

Easy not guilty after hearing the prosecution's theory of the case.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Dungeon Ecology posted:

so glad idgaf about weeb planeswalkers

My friend bought two Japanese boxes and cracked them both. He got a Liliana so he's happy.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Entropic posted:

LSV’s Burger King trial story on the latest Limited Resources sure is something.

how the hell did that even go to court lol

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Lone Goat posted:

how the hell did that even go to court lol

our public defense system is intentionally terrible

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Daniela is having a lot of fun tilting people with Role Reversal. Check out her twitter time line for some great grabs.

https://twitter.com/h0lydiva/status/1124423694703570944?s=21
https://twitter.com/h0lydiva/status/1124406471502987265?s=21
https://twitter.com/h0lydiva/status/1124426221293580290?s=21

Tainen fucked around with this message at 00:04 on May 4, 2019

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I'm up to 15-1 now. 5 color green, UR, and Grixis. Zero god eternals played, 6-1 against them.

I like this format.

For every great game where I've gotten to see someone go off with a sweet card or combo, I've had two where my opponent just plays a Nissa and I scoop because that card isn't beatable on curve. Some of the rares like Ral and Sorin are extremely powerful but still feel fair, they don't just run away with the game if they aren't immediately answered. Nissa being rare instead of mythic is obscene, same with Ugin, and even though it is mythic Finale of Eternity is up there with the rest of the unbeatable bombs.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

4BB "destroy three target creatures" is a really strong card, and that's basically what Finale of Eternity is, except for the times where it costs 2BB or 3BB.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

what’s the Burger King story, did they get arrested for not bringing the f*cking impossible burger to the east coast despite it being a guaranteed top seller

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

what’s the Burger King story, did they get arrested for not bringing the f*cking impossible burger to the east coast despite it being a guaranteed top seller

Now I want to know what you're talking about too.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Star Man posted:

Now I want to know what you're talking about too.

http://lrcast.com/limited-resources-490-war-of-the-spark-initial-impressions/

1:16:50, LSV's signoff is about his experience with jury duty.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I just spent a hundo on a booster box. I think I have a problem.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Jiro posted:

My dude, on the spectrum of MTG consumers you are farther from the people with a problem than the Andromeda galaxy is from the Milky Way

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

your circumcision honestly disgusts me

Jiro posted:

Mate, I just paid for two booster boxes in a language I don't even understand, you're all g

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

i am actively angery i tried to spend half a grand on two booster boxes but couldn't and they are giving my money back

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Don't ask what I paid for my copies of Force of Will in March. And that was with eBay flash sales.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I am absolutely thrilled I got my FoW, Mana Crypt, and YawgWill when they were at low points. They all spiked hard.

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

Let's not even talk about black border duals and power for fear I will question my life

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I don't know what the Impossible Burger tastes like but I've had Beyond Meat and it's pretty good.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
So apparently the trick to winning a draft is to play BW, have nobody else bother with the color, and then hoover up everything that gets passed to you. I ended up with Bolas' Citadel, God-Pharaoh's Statue, Massacre Girl, Dreadhorde Invasion, Finale of Eternity, Parhelion II and Oath of Kaya. Only Massacre Girl was in a pack I started with It was bad enough that I cracked a pack and took the foil Ajani on the third pack as a rare draft, and somehow had Despark show back up when it came back around. Won the event going away (was outplayed every game b/c I am bad, but being able to two or three for one when it mattered and continually pull of the deck with citadel won out) and got ugly looks about how my deck had everything. Of course it did, nobody else was bothering to play black at all. I do not get people sometimes.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Hellsau posted:

http://lrcast.com/limited-resources-490-war-of-the-spark-initial-impressions/

1:16:50, LSV's signoff is about his experience with jury duty.

I think the question was "can someone give a written summary because I don't want to listen to a podcast"

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Gimli looking mother fucker stabs a dude with a letter opener, steals a car, wrecks the car on a cop car, and fails to get off in court b/c he's dumb and caught on tape.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Jabor posted:

I think the question was "can someone give a written summary because I don't want to listen to a podcast"

LSV was in a jury where some super fat manlet was accused of attempting to stab someone waiting in line for a burger with a knife jacking a car and ramming a cop car.

The defense suggested he was defending himself and borrowed the car.

This occured at a Burger King.

Everything was on CCTV video.

The shaggy dog part it LSV ended up randomly made the alternate and didn't get to deliberate.

You're welcome.

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 04:19 on May 4, 2019

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Neat, thanks for summarizing.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Walked posted:

Let's not even talk about black border duals and power for fear I will question my life

:same:

Every once in a while my girlfriend looks at the wall display of graded power and asks what it's up to now. I'm resigning myself to that poo poo being sold for the downpayment on a house in the next year :unsmith:

anglachel
May 28, 2012
Going first in Standard has gotten really bad.

Like it feels a full 10 to 20 percent increase in your chances simply going first.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

BaronVonVaderham posted:

:same:

Every once in a while my girlfriend looks at the wall display of graded power and asks what it's up to now. I'm resigning myself to that poo poo being sold for the downpayment on a house in the next year :unsmith:

look at this bougie gently caress that gets to actually own a house

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Owlbear Camus posted:

LSV was in a jury where some super fat manlet was accused of attempting to stab someone waiting in line for a burger with a knife jacking a car and ramming a cop car.

The defense suggested he was defending himself and borrowed the car.

This occured at a Burger King.

Everything was on CCTV video.

The shaggy dog part it LSV ended up randomly made the alternate and didn't get to deliberate.

You're welcome.

You forgot that all of this took five days. And that jury members get a discount on parking.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

A big flaming stink posted:

look at this bougie gently caress that gets to actually own a house

Just get crushing student loan debt and work 50-55 hours most weeks.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Katana Gomai posted:

You forgot that all of this took five days. And that jury members get a discount on parking.

Also the "discount" is a joke. They give a stipend that was set (obv depends on where you are) somewhere back in 1980. So in Seattle that meant $7 for the day when it costs $50 to park downtown.

Riversideblues
Jul 23, 2007

Dicks McGillicuddy

Yuzenn posted:

The secondary market is the only reason why people buy this to begin with....wizards knows that while simultaneously trying to deny that such a robust secondary market affects most of their products.

Which boggles my mind that the print run was so light.

They either have horrific demand planning or their overall business strategy is just insane. Based on the speed that those 12k sold out, seems like 20-30k units wouldn't have been an issue. Bots are still going to get the majority but more normal players and collectors could have got their hands on them. They could have fulfilled a much larger portion of the demand, dissipated the backlash, and made $3-4.5m USD in additional revenue. I kept seeing the argument on the reddit posts that some folkswouldn't purchase if the print run was at 24k+ units, but I highly doubt that's anywhere close to true or that there's ever been evidence of that happening in the past. I get this is a collectable game, but there's no reason that WOTC should be aiming products towards people who do not want other players to purchase their product.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Hey guys, God-Eternal Kefnet sucks. I've had it played against me a bunch of times by a bunch of different decks, and it's just not good. Yeah cool, when I cast a removal spell on your Kefnet you get to Opt and recast it next turn, but that was still a 1 for 1, and a 4/5 ain't gonna kill me fast enough for it to matter when you're blowing your turns recasting a french vanilla critter.

Maybe Kefnet would be good in an aggro deck as just a recurring 4/5 beater, but then you're unlikely to get value from the trigger.

Riversideblues posted:

their overall business strategy is just insane.

It's this. They're going for obvious cash grabs, except they could make an immense amount of money immediately by blowing their reprint equity nonsense and giving people the cards they want, like reprinting fetches or hell doing Core Set 2020 Mythic Edition with all fancy 10 fetchlands or whatever, but they don't, so apparently they're holding off on reprints to pump up secondary market values for....some reason, presumbly long-term reasons? It's just bizarre and also WotC makes lots of mistakes so just assume they're making a dumb choice.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 08:45 on May 4, 2019

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
God I love this set.

(this was sealed lmao)

e: Highlights from one single night of sealed include:

- Drawing 7 with jace and having enough loyalty to keep ticking up afterwards
- Dropping lilli then elder spelling 4 planeswalkers to ult her immediately
- Getting to x = 10 twice and making 20 creatures
- Making some sick lazotep plating plays

Riversideblues
Jul 23, 2007

Dicks McGillicuddy

Hellsau posted:

It's this. They're going for obvious cash grabs, except they could make an immense amount of money immediately by blowing their reprint equity nonsense and giving people the cards they want, like reprinting fetches or hell doing Core Set 2020 Mythic Edition with all fancy 10 fetchlands or whatever, but they don't, so apparently they're holding off on reprints to pump up secondary market values for....some reason, presumbly long-term reasons? It's just bizarre and also WotC makes lots of mistakes so just assume they're making a dumb choice.

I'm not even going that far (not that I disagree). Even if they think these need to be ultra scarce for *reasons*, going from 12k to 30 or even 40k units still leaves these cards extremely rare. Producing double or triple units would have brought the secondary market price down by maybe, 10-20% at most? It still leaves them much higher than the regular editions and I can't imagine they would have any noticeable impact on those cards prices. I do this poo poo for a living so it's additionally frustrating to also have one order disappear and another get refunded. I could give this example to 1000 entry level demand planners and zero are going to return an answer to not increase the volume.

It has to be some crazy strategy, but I'm just surprised after two large blow-backs someone hasn't figured out a better intersection point for the units and this magical 'scarcity'.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
Somewhere in Hasbro HQ, labelled with a warning sign "Break Glass Only In Financial Emergency" is the first print run of FtV:Fetchlands.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Hellsau posted:

Hey guys, God-Eternal Kefnet sucks. I've had it played against me a bunch of times by a bunch of different decks, and it's just not good. Yeah cool, when I cast a removal spell on your Kefnet you get to Opt and recast it next turn, but that was still a 1 for 1, and a 4/5 ain't gonna kill me fast enough for it to matter when you're blowing your turns recasting a french vanilla critter.

Maybe Kefnet would be good in an aggro deck as just a recurring 4/5 beater, but then you're unlikely to get value from the trigger.

I started writing up a rebuttal, but in the process I sort of came to realise that it might be a bit win-more.

It's great when it lives for a turn and flips a spell. It's incremental advantage even when it gets answered immediately (assuming you're at the point of the game where lands are mostly dead draws). But it's not going to turn the game around if your opponent has, say, an on-board planeswalker.

So when you compare it to what a planeswalker can do, what does it do better? Why would you play it over a planeswalker? It's better against mono-red, which is nice, and it gives control decks headaches post-board (since they kind of want to take out their creature interaction). But it's not something you really want four of, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

anglachel posted:

Going first in Standard has gotten really bad.

Like it feels a full 10 to 20 percent increase in your chances simply going first.

Are you just playing BO1?

GoutPatrol fucked around with this message at 09:40 on May 4, 2019