Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should have won All-Stars?
This poll is closed.
Monet X Change 17 12.41%
Trinity the Tuck 36 26.28%
club96 84 61.31%
Total: 137 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
TIL: Silky's a transphobe who said that trans women don't belong on Drag Race and should get their own show and is now trying to spin it off as a positive thing because an entire show of transwomen would be great for representation!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Eej posted:

TIL: Silky's a transphobe who said that trans women don't belong on Drag Race and should get their own show and is now trying to spin it off as a positive thing because an entire show of transwomen would be great for representation!

just when you think youve seen all she has to offer there's more and its always worse

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

okay gently caress that

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
It took me a while to warm up to Shuga, (Her Troll Runway was TERRIBLE but the Bloody Mary AMAZING), but she's been consistently bringing fun runway concepts (Orange Alert), doing a middle/high job in the challenges and giving some good talking heads.

I thought she was a solid 2nd in her group, Nina just hammed it up and ran with it. Then she had the TEARAWAY UNDER HER TEARAWAY. Christ, absolute BS. Shuga didn't deserve Bottom 2.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

alf_pogs posted:

just when you think youve seen all she has to offer there's more and its always worse

https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/741904787361300481?lang=en

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire
Yeaaah gonna go ahead and echo the sentiments already here
  • Nina deserved the HELL out of that win. She's still being slept on I think but if there was a time she deserved it that was it.
  • Silky has to stop picking people up. Why does this keep happening? Why do they keep playing it off like it's nothing? Have we forgotten about Mimi completely?
  • Silky is getting such a severe free pass it's ludicrous. Plastique was racist, Silky was charmingly ghetto. Vanjie is one-note, Silky "has that it factor." It makes no sense. It seriously feels like she's got a free ride to the top 3 at this point. When they kept cutting to the judges grinning while she was pouring milk I was like- She isn't doing anything! She's just standing there! What the hell you guys! At least they're appropriately critiquing her awful looks.
  • Shuga did *not* deserve bottom two for that. Completely understand that it was her time to go and she unexpectedly produced a good week from a producer perspective, but that was unjustifiable, even with editing. Black Magic's performance was a MESS.
  • Vanjie legitimately turned out that lip sync and Shuga needs to learn how to open her eyes while performing.

At this point I'm thinking it's definitely Brooklyn or Yvie's season. Despite there being near equivalent wins across the board they have been consistently top/high all season, where everyone else has yoyo'd around.

Poulpe fucked around with this message at 17:34 on May 3, 2019

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I'm ready for by Gina Rodriguez-helmed Nina West TV show now...

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Does it count as Milkshake Ducking when people only loved her for like 2 seconds during her entrance?

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Eej posted:

...receipts?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

https://twitter.com/MissSaraAndrews/status/1100225989731328005

https://twitter.com/Silky_Ganache/status/1100226281445224448

https://twitter.com/Silky_Ganache/status/1100274037048201216

Can't find the specific comment (apparently Sara has screenshots?) because Silky purged her social media when she got on RPDR but she did say that Trans Queens wanting to compete on Drag Race is "asking for a handout" while she "made her own way"

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

A couple of thoughts while I wait for my flight to board:

- Nina killed it last night, and I'm so happy. I can't wait for her to expand on this and build her "Nina West Presents" empire.
- I agree with everyone that Shuga was robbed. They gave us just enough to try and justify her being in the bottom two, and I don't know if I buy it. Honestly, you could probably make a case for almost anyone except Nina/Brooke being in the bottom two but A'Keria's caftan was... NOT.
- I'm in love with Ross's indignation about caftans.
- The more I think about it, I can see why the Silky/Vanjie dichotomy can come into play. Yes, Silky's not being called out for playing herself but I think part of it is that her "normal" mode is outgoing. She exudes energy towards the crowd all the time, and almost everyone else doesn't in challenges like that. Brooke's likely the most open of the other queens, A'Keria showed a lot last week, Nina does it through a character veil, etc., but there's a wall. Vanjie's (hilarious) always-on personality shell will pale in comparison to Silky's ability to truly be present. [/actingSchool]
- Shuga was robbed.
- Vanjie did win the LSFYL tho. Like, by a mile.

Do we know the date of the Finale taping?

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Eej posted:

https://twitter.com/MissSaraAndrews/status/1100225989731328005

https://twitter.com/Silky_Ganache/status/1100226281445224448

https://twitter.com/Silky_Ganache/status/1100274037048201216

Can't find the specific comment (apparently Sara has screenshots?) because Silky purged her social media when she got on RPDR but she did say that Trans Queens wanting to compete on Drag Race is "asking for a handout" while she "made her own way"

good lord she's a regular practitioner of the "don't blame me that's not what I said here let me spin it for you stop trying to get internet clout I AM READY TO LIP SYNC FOR MY MOTHERFUCKIN' LIFE"

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

the escape goat posted:

good lord she's a regular practitioner of the "don't blame me that's not what I said here let me spin it for you stop trying to get internet clout I AM READY TO LIP SYNC FOR MY MOTHERFUCKIN' LIFE"

Yeah I've noticed this is her M.O. Say something super lovely and then immediately jump on the cross

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Goddamn Ru hosed up big time! It was plainly obvious the entire loving Vanjie group was potential bottoms. The gags were poo poo, the magic was sloppy, the outfits sucked... gently caress. It’s so plainly rigged!!

Ugh.

....literally got a bit misty eyed seeing Nina win. She was fantastic. Killed it. Loved it. Should be a real show! I almost tripped thinking she hosed the rum trick but then out of nowhere kept pulling em out and drat, redeemed! Too good! That entire group should have been safe like in other group challenges but I guess we’re so low.

Shuga got poo poo on. gently caress. Vanjie killed it tho but I feel like the guillotine is coming for her. I don’t feel like she has it to change to what the judges want.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Still giggling a day later picturing Nina saying *~magic~*

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
It’s an insanely spicy take that the way to prevent trans murder is to clearly delineate them from cis people as often as possible and keep them seperate

RICKON WALNUTSBANE
Jun 13, 2001

Well, they don't let cis women on the show either

e: not agreeing with Rupaul or Silky or trying to take up for cis women getting on the show. Ru has been getting less transphobic as the show's gone on and it's a bummer to see anyone advocate going back to NO TRANS PERFORMERS EVER

RICKON WALNUTSBANE fucked around with this message at 01:44 on May 4, 2019

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Lol you know what show had two trans women in the top 3 and also a trans winner?

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
the show has had tons of trans women and non-binary/queer queens

saying trans performers should be segregated into their own TV show is basically arguing "I'm against inclusivity" which is dumb and wrong and shameful

edit: like as much as Ru wants to define what drag is and isn't, it's always been political and counter-cultural and extremely trans, so gently caress you RuPaul you're not the boss of drag

Pellisworth fucked around with this message at 02:06 on May 4, 2019

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I don't care that they weren't judged by group, Shuga should have been safe based solely on how garbage Da Black Magic was.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

caligulamprey posted:

I don't care that they weren't judged by group, Shuga should have been safe based solely on how garbage Da Black Magic was.

yeah I am actually really mad that Shuga was in the bottom, I really do not think she deserved to be in the bottom 2

e: also Silky sucks so bad as a person, stop touching people, stop being a transphobe, stop.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Da Black Magic should've all been in the bottom because it was awful but we're too late into the season for them to do anything that might mess with production's desired storylines. Silky, Akeria and Yvie have all been pushed by production so they had to start cutting off the expendables in really forced fashion.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

also - alsoooo - I actually think Shuga's lip sync was better than Vanjie's lol.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

The Berzerker posted:

also - alsoooo - I actually think Shuga's lip sync was better than Vanjie's lol.

:stare:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

gently caress...

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

The Berzerker posted:

Vanjie was doing Vanjie but Shuga was emoting just as hard idk

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

The song was called "No More Drama" and Vanjie's raw frustration fits the song way more than Shuga's theatrical, kinda affected emoting imo

Hell the way her boy nipples kept slipping out made it even better I thought. Pushes that image of her baring her everything on the table

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

shuga shouldn't have even been there. four other queens did demonstrably worse than her and three of them got a free pass. shenannigans galore!!!

good untucked this week, they all (bar Silky) seem to be gettin to know one another and better at dealing with one another's bullshit. nina and brooke and vanjie are so good and nice and just great

alf_pogs fucked around with this message at 08:37 on May 4, 2019

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

What's the best way to legally watch this show and Untucked in Canada? (without cable)

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

I want to know what the first draft of Da Black Magic was, the one so dirty that they felt obliged to completely rewrite it at the last minute. How do drag queens shake themselves with how explicit they're being. I know Drag Race is a tv show, but aside from the weird nudity censorship it seems to be pretty tolerant of risque content.

What I'm saying is that I want to see the four of them do The Original Queens of Comedy.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I think we got a preview of it when Silky tried to do some kinda "milk all over my face" gimmick

Normy posted:

What's the best way to legally watch this show and Untucked in Canada? (without cable)

OutTV which you then stream to a Chromecast or something, that's what I do

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Normy posted:

OutTVGo is like 5bux a month and gets you every season + untucked, new eps night of and a ton of other poo poo.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QabbSMxUFaA&t=105s

Jinkx with an insightful take on Vanjie's predicament.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Shuga got caramelized :(

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
So for the last week I've been training a class at my company is corporate headquarters in Cincinnati, and when I did a random "what do y'all like to do aside from learning about credit card processing" question, it turned out that one of the women and the young bisexual IT twink were very big fans of rpdr. We spent a good five minutes complaining about silky and expressing our love of Vanjie along with the fact that we didn't think she was going to make it to the end. Got to love those random encounters in the wild.

Shuga leaving bummed me out, she was somehow one of the more... realer queens on the show? I'm not sure I better to express that. I felt like she wanted to improve, as well as having a good attitude and personality and just that same sense that I get from Nina and Vanjie of being a pretty good person who enjoys what they do and isn't up their own rear end about it

Tendai fucked around with this message at 13:52 on May 4, 2019

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

esperterra posted:

Brooke's mum tho <3
omg I cried.

Pellisworth posted:

saying trans performers should be segregated into their own TV show is basically arguing "I'm against inclusivity" which is dumb and wrong and shameful
This. I also am tired of seeing Silky Nutjob Garbage manhandle everyone and everything. I'm just done with her overall. For someone who claims to be a pageant queen, she's always so sloppy looking. Also for someone who is always ready to lip sync for their motherfucking life, I can't seem to find a video of her doing so. Maybe someone can help.

Here's one of her doing Boogie Shoes while... sitting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiXnAebYIhU

Here she is watermelon-cantalouping her own song and doing some rather basic jazz steps.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDCV9jVx1pU

If someone can find something that showcases her supposed talent, I'll eat my words I guess but the only things Silky has are a big mouth and grabby hands.

Anyway, lol at Jinkx calling Vangie the DMX of drag.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QabbSMxUFaA&t=98s

resting mitch face fucked around with this message at 15:15 on May 4, 2019

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Eej posted:

Vanjie was doing Vanjie but Shuga was emoting just as hard idk

yeah idk I felt like Vanjie flapped her caftan wings like 50 times in a row and it was just too samey, I recognize that many people will not agree with me but that's ok.

Tendai posted:

Got to love those random encounters in the wild.

I found out that a few people in our remote office watch RPDR and so does one of my new staff, we now have a private slack channel where we talk about the show. :)

KasioDiscoRock
Nov 17, 2000

Are you alive?

Normy posted:

Edit to add actual content since this was already answered:

I really liked basically the top 8 of this season except for Silky. It’s the first season I’ve watched live instead of after everyone else so I don’t know if that’s making me more attached to them but I usually only have a few that I really like.

KasioDiscoRock fucked around with this message at 17:42 on May 4, 2019

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

gandlethorpe posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QabbSMxUFaA&t=105s

Jinkx with an insightful take on Vanjie's predicament.
Jinkx is never not insightful and I kinda want a Pop-Up Video-style overlay of their commentary on my entire life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Root for the Axis of Nina, ya'll