Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
In the U-Bahn just now, a white middle aged man just told another white middle aged man off for manspreading, and then he called the other one linksversifft. lol. Spectacular scenes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

oliwan posted:

In the U-Bahn just now, a white middle aged man just told another white middle aged man off for manspreading, and then he called the other one linksversifft. lol. Spectacular scenes.

You're describing consistently douchy behaviour.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

How do you come up with all this beautiful prose, Gattac, im loving it

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

There's no doubt that if the SPD and/or Linke got to collectivize any business of any size, it would end up being a spectacular clusterfuck that would sink the economy immediately.

That being said, FINALLY someone in the SPD comes up with some ~radical~ idea aka any uttering of actual political direction, and OF COURSE the Genossen poo poo their pants immediately.

The SPD needs to die in its entirety. Kevin should just escalate, it'll be better for everyone.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Meanwhile at the Legion of Doom hq:

https://www.tagesschau.de/investigativ/ndr-wdr/afd-betriebsrat-101.html

quote:

Bundestagsfraktion
AfD-Mitarbeiter wollen Betriebsrat gründen

:allears:

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Deutschgoons, I need your advice regarding visa and the Auslaenderbehoerde, and how to get legal help.

We have Chinese friends in the German homelands. They're studying, working, doing research, that kind of stuff.

One of them has their visum running out next months. Last october ago she requested for it to be renewed, and she received confirmation that that request had been received (I do not know whether that was by email or post). In the interim, she is on a temporary visum that is running out next month.

For the past 6 months, she has been trying to get any update on her case from them. The auslaenderbehoerde does not *at all* respond to emails. They do not pick up the phone, either. My partner and I have been trying to call almost two dozen times (!!) on different weekdays and -times, and they just let the phone ring. The furthest we've come is that they picked up the receiver, and smashed it down again immediately. In other words, they're ghosting everyone.

Regrettably, this is not an isolated case. This is happening to friends of her, too, and some of them are now illegal immigrants because the auslaenderbehoerde simply won't respond to any of their requests.

What kind of legal help is available to her? She's low on money, but I guess I can pitch in a little if we have to take a lawyer. I can't go anywhere physically though since I'm not in the country. I don't know where to start.
Is there any way we can pressure the auslaenderbehoerde to at least give her an update on the case?

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Lord Stimperor posted:

Deutschgoons, I need your advice regarding visa and the Auslaenderbehoerde, and how to get legal help.

Hello, yes hi, I am an immigrant and know a bunch about this.

You realize you(r friend) can physically GO to the Ausländerbehörde and physically SPEAK to them, right? And they could have done this at any point for the past six months instead of calling and emailing? You don't even need an appointment, just look up the opening hours for the Ausländerbehörde in question and go right when they open (if you happen to be in a Großstadt, go a few hours in advance of that; and if it's Berlin, take a loving tent and camp out overnight). There is a huge shortage on Ausländerbehörde staff nationwide (it is an extremely stressful and unforgiving job with apparently high turnover), so I'm honestly not that shocked that they haven't responded to emails or phone calls.

IANAL but that would seem like the very first step that should have been done. "Hmm, someone isn't responding to my calls or emails, maybe I should go during their office hours" should have been a logical thing that occurred to your friend at some point earlier in this process, at the latest around 3 months in when it should have become clear that something wasn't really working here.

Things she should do on Monday, or whenever the next day is that their Ausländerbehörde has open:

1.) Physically go there. Wait in line. They will have at least someone there handling people who don't have appointments. She should be prepared to sit a long time in the waiting area, and she should be patient. And if her German is bad, she should take a native speaker with her.
2.) What will likely happen is that she'll get a fixed appointment (probably sometime in the next 1-3 months, could be longer if it's Berlin) with a specific date and time, and a new Fiktionsbescheinigung (temporary permit) that will allow her to remain until the date of that appointment. She'll then likely get the form to renew her Aufenthaltstitel, and will be told to bring it back filled-out at the appointment, along with a list of other things she'll need (rental contract, employment statement/some kind of proof of study at university, proof of health insurance, etc.).
3.) If they give you any guff during the process above, she should google "immigration lawyer <nearest Großstadt>" and seek legal advice/retain a lawyer who can help her through it. This will likely not be necessary.

quote:

some of them are now illegal immigrants because the auslaenderbehoerde simply won't respond to any of their requests.

Yeah these ones are definitely going to need lawyers, and I'm not sure "but they wouldn't return my calls!" is going to be an acceptable excuse when the alternative of physically going to the Ausländerbehörde's office and asking "what's up" is an option 100% of the time.

Edit: I wanna know more about this "she received confirmation from them that her request had been received." This... shouldn't have happened? Unless maybe they're in Bayern and things are different there or something? I've been in this country for seven years and have had to renew/change visas like four times and in two different Bundesländer, and every single "confirmation" I received from the Ausländerbehörde via post also came stamped with a very clear appointment date/time and a list of things that I need to bring with me.

Maybe things are more complicated because your friends are from the PRC and the requirements aren't as straightforward (and maybe the approval process is different), and I'm coming at this from the angle of a western migrant (the USA doesn't have a ton of specific systemic advantages in the process here, but there are definitely some things that are easier).

Drone fucked around with this message at 12:23 on May 3, 2019

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Lord Stimperor posted:

We have Chinese friends in the German homelands. They're studying, working, doing research, that kind of stuff.

One of them has their visum running out next months. Last october ago she requested for it to be renewed, and she received confirmation that that request had been received (I do not know whether that was by email or post). In the interim, she is on a temporary visum that is running out next month.

For the past 6 months, she has been trying to get any update on her case from them. The auslaenderbehoerde does not *at all* respond to emails. They do not pick up the phone, either. My partner and I have been trying to call almost two dozen times (!!) on different weekdays and -times, and they just let the phone ring. The furthest we've come is that they picked up the receiver, and smashed it down again immediately. In other words, they're ghosting everyone.

Regrettably, this is not an isolated case. This is happening to friends of her, too, and some of them are now illegal immigrants because the auslaenderbehoerde simply won't respond to any of their requests.

What kind of legal help is available to her? She's low on money, but I guess I can pitch in a little if we have to take a lawyer. I can't go anywhere physically though since I'm not in the country. I don't know where to start.
Is there any way we can pressure the auslaenderbehoerde to at least give her an update on the case?

Generally speaking as a German, you should have immediately run to the Sozialgerichte after a month of this poo poo. Also what Drone said. German bureaucrats are like mythical monsters, you need to use the right tools to defeat them, or they will devour you and your children.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/EckDoktor/status/1124321422770417666?s=19

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

lol

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

:lol:

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

This is a fun time.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Manspreading was one of my favorite insanities of 2013

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

Goons Are Great posted:

This is a fun time.

Yeah. Meanwhile the Greens get their priorities straight:

Fighting Nazis is more important than critisizing Kevin K.!

Fighting bodyshaming is more important than fighting Nazis!

Gatac
Apr 22, 2008

Fifty Cent's next biopic.

Sozialismus-Pointe, definitiv.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Einbauschrank posted:

Rechtlich gesehen ist der geschähmte Body der Rechten tatsæchlich ein Grund, warum Uniformierung im Sinne des Versammlungsrechts nicht vorliegt. Denn dafür braucht es ein Mindestmaß an Einschüchterungspotential durch die gleichgekleideten Göringskörper.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Opferwurst posted:

Manspreading was one of my favorite insanities of 2013

If you live in a city with an U-Bahn, manspreading is very much a thing of the present, and something I see every single day.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Not so long ago I actually got a flyer in the U-Bahn explaining manspreading and how to approach men who take up too much space. Guess that guy got the same flyer

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

lol

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Einbauschrank posted:

Christ, I'm torn between "Uh, these dudes are Neonazis" and, "I see your point, and while I can't tell if you're joking about it...THOSE DUDES ARE NEONAZIS". Quite the dilemma.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I'm honestly a bit torn because I vividly recall the NPD Parteitag in Bamberg ages ago, and making fun of Neonazis to their faces is kühl and gut, but still

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Christ, I'm torn between "Uh, these dudes are Neonazis" and, "I see your point, and while I can't tell if you're joking about it...THOSE DUDES ARE NEONAZIS". Quite the dilemma.
The problem is that the criticism should be about what they carry inside their heads, while criticism about how they look will absolutely also apply to people who aren't neo nazis. Nobody cares if the neo nazis are hurt, just that munition is being used that will have collateral damage.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
TATTOOS

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Mithaldu posted:

The problem is that the criticism should be about what they carry inside their heads, while criticism about how they look will absolutely also apply to people who aren't neo nazis. Nobody cares if the neo nazis are hurt, just that munition is being used that will have collateral damage.

Auf der anderen Hand ist dies eine Gruppierung, die gerade dafür bekannt ist, um körperliche und erbliche Vollkommenheit ein großes Getöse zu veranstalten. Nennt die wabbeligen Wichser also fett, imho.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Grendels Dad posted:

Auf der anderen Hand ist dies eine Gruppierung, die gerade dafür bekannt ist, um körperliche und erbliche Vollkommenheit ein großes Getöse zu veranstalten. Nennt die wabbeligen Wichser also fett, imho.

Sure thing minion avatar guy

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Nazis deserve no sympathy. If bodyshaming nazis leads to just one nazi killing themselves, it's good.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

oliwan posted:

Sure thing minion avatar guy

OK, whatever avatar guy?

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Grendels Dad posted:

Even if you're intent on doing that, there are way more biting ways to apply that specific barb, while also not insulting non-nazis.

Babies Getting Rabies posted:

Nazis deserve no sympathy. If bodyshaming nazis leads to just one nazi killing themselves, it's good.
Literally nobody opposing body-shaming is asking for sympathy for nazis.

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

What is worse:
Manspreading vs. Purse on empty seat

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

caps on caps on caps posted:

What is worse:

Messebesucher.

Aix
Jul 6, 2006
$10

caps on caps on caps posted:

What is worse:

putting your purse on the seat then standing next to it instead of sitting down is worse. most often seen on train platforms, those idiots dont even realize they are shoving their nasty rear end in the faces of people whe ARE sitting down properly.

wrt manspreading, i will continue to do so for the rest of my life. where im from youd get called an opfer and slapped for sitting with your legs too close to each other so that poo poo is burned into my brain like ptsd. all those people fighting against manspreading have got to be women who can sit crosslegged without getting into a fight

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

:thejoke:

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Aix posted:

putting your purse on the seat then standing next to it instead of sitting down is worse. most often seen on train platforms, those idiots dont even realize they are shoving their nasty rear end in the faces of people whe ARE sitting down properly.

wrt manspreading, i will continue to do so for the rest of my life. where im from youd get called an opfer and slapped for sitting with your legs too close to each other so that poo poo is burned into my brain like ptsd. all those people fighting against manspreading have got to be women who can sit crosslegged without getting into a fight

What the gently caress kind of medieval shithole are you from, God drat? I have sat cross-legged out of preference all my life and never heard a word about it, and I grew up in rural Bavaria...

Also lol at the idea that you can't change now that you're (presumably) not surrounded by weird assholes anymore and know it's silly. Shut your loving legs.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Aix posted:

Are you from Saudi Arabia or something?

Gatac
Apr 22, 2008

Fifty Cent's next biopic.
Aix, du hast mein volles Mitgefühl. Opfer von Schenkelshaming leiden oft ihr ganzes Leben darunter. Aber ich möchte dir auch Mut machen: es gibt Wege aus der Krise.

Als erstes musst du deine natürlich Sitzposition als ein Teil von dir akzeptieren. Wir können es uns nun mal nicht aussuchen. Und wenn wir uns zwanghaft verstellen, dann verzerrt das unser ganzes Leben. Um es mit Vonnegut zu sagen: Wir sind, was wir vorgeben zu sein, also müssen wir sorgsam damit umgehen, was wir vorgeben zu sein.

Als zweites dürfen gerne die Motive von Menschen, die wildfremde Leute im Zug als "Opfer" betiteln, hinterfragt werden. Ich denke, ich lehne mich nicht zu weit aus dem Fenster, sie pauschal als Arschlöcher zu betiteln. Warum hörst du auf Arschlöcher? Die wollen dir nichts gutes.

Und als drittes bleibt zu sagen, wir leben in einer Demokratie und sind in der Lage, die Regeln unseres Umgangs miteinander zum besseren zu ändern. Es wird Zeit, dass auch im Grundgesetz steht: "Die Schenkel des Menschen sind unantastbar".

Dieses Thema liegt meiner Partei (in Gründung), der Partei für Unabhängigkeit in der Post-Scarcity-Gesellschaft (PUPS), sehr am Herzen. Lasst uns also gemeinsam dafür kämpfen! Denn PUPS ist die Partei für alle, die ungeachtet jeder Häme mit Stolz sitzengelieben sind.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Aix posted:

Where are you from? Mars? Because over here on Earth slapping random people on trains would immediately devolve into a brawl. You don't touch strangers on trains and you're fully in your right to snap the neck of whoever touches you, my friend.

Also, just to warn you, the rest of your life will be very short if you're unlucky and up in a train next to me, especially if it's on one of the days where I'm transporting axes and hammers from my tool farm harvest back to market.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Aix posted:

:chloe:

This is either a troll I don't understand, or literally the weirdest thing I have ever read in this thread.

But yeah this:

Simply Simon posted:

What the gently caress kind of medieval shithole are you from, God drat? I have sat cross-legged out of preference all my life and never heard a word about it, and I grew up in rural Bavaria...

Also lol at the idea that you can't change now that you're (presumably) not surrounded by weird assholes anymore and know it's silly. Shut your loving legs.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

The cause for nazi suicide is usually the advance of the red army

Aix
Jul 6, 2006
$10
thanks for all the mitgefühl. i spent my teens in the ruhrgebiet north of the a40, an insanely messed up place. thank god noone here has had a similar experience. you couldnt go two weeks without someone getting hospitalized after nazis beat them up for some dumb reason, like having a guitar or pink hair.

to backpedal a bit though - i dont take up space by spreading on benches. im talking about not crossing my legs when sitting in individual, separated seating. noones losing anything here, hell sometimes it even is the only way not to budge the legs of whoevers sitting on the other side of the vierer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Wouldn't sitting cross-legged just screw over the guy sitting in front of you? I'm not all that tall but there's already leg room issues in the S-Bahn sitting normally. :shrug: