Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So what is the most likely movie after Far From Home? Before the Gunn stuff, I'd say Guardians 3, but I doubt we'll see that before 2021. Right now its either something completely new or Doctor Strange 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Black Widow IIRC. They’ve already got a director and some of the cast. Then probably Strange 2 next summer/fall. They’ve said Guardians 3 won’t film until 2020.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
iirc theyve started casting for eternals so probably that

^^^ oh yeah that too

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

First time I saw the opening scene in Endgame: "Oh no, poor Clint. This is horrible..."

Second time I saw the opening scene in Endgame: "Sweet! All those hotdogs all to himself!"

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

For the record, a hotdog with mayo, sauerkraut, and guacamole owns. Hotdogs with just mayo are gross.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Gavok posted:

First time I saw the opening scene in Endgame: "Oh no, poor Clint. This is horrible..."

Second time I saw the opening scene in Endgame: "Sweet! All those hotdogs all to himself!"

No they were all holding the hotdogs. The hotdogs got ashed too.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

teagone posted:

For the record, a hotdog with mayo, sauerkraut, and guacamole owns. Hotdogs with just mayo are gross.

I dunno about mayo on hotdogs period, but my weird kid food discovery was when I put blueberries in a rice & bean burrito at a potluck.

When I got older I realized that pineapple was a much more appropriate choice, but for a few years there I was all about tossing some blueberries on a burrito, much to the disgust of my parents.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Endless Mike posted:

Please. Ditko is an atheist and has no unfinished business in any case.

I say "ghost" but he's really a bitter, rage-driven tulpa

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I think it is fun that most of the movies next on the slate probably are going to have deal directly with the ramifications of Endgame...

Dr. Strange dealing with no longer having the time stone
Peter Parker and his friends dealing with the fact that a lot of their friends are now in their 20s
Guardians dealing with an out of time Gamora who never knew the rest of the team

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe

Timeless Appeal posted:

I think it is fun that most of the movies next on the slate probably are going to have deal directly with the ramifications of Endgame...

Dr. Strange dealing with no longer having the time stone
Peter Parker and his friends dealing with the fact that a lot of their friends are now in their 20s
Guardians dealing with an out of time Gamora who never knew the rest of the team

I love the MCU films, but apart from likely Gamora, there's no way they deal with any of the ramifications.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
If they didn't want to deal with the 5 year jump at all they could easily have said that Hulk reset the world. They wanted this plot point to happen. The ramifications may not be as profound as realistically would be the case but it would be silly to just ignore it.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i'm sure they'll save it for the next time ross comes in to shame them in civil war 2

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

CityMidnightJunky posted:

I love the MCU films, but apart from likely Gamora, there's no way they deal with any of the ramifications.

There's supposed to be something going on with Spider-Man as there's reportedly going to be Endgame spoilers in the next trailer.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

CityMidnightJunky posted:

It would be pretty hard to not at least address with Strange. The Time Stone was a big part of the first one.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Lord Hydronium posted:

It would be pretty hard to not at least address with Strange. The Time Stone was a big part of the first one.

Yeah Doctor Strange without the Eye of Agamotto, maybe his most iconic mystic talisman, is a pretty big deal.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Synthbuttrange posted:

:stare:

Get my my swords. The yakuza will pay for this.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

muscles like this! posted:

There's supposed to be something going on with Spider-Man as there's reportedly going to be Endgame spoilers in the next trailer.

Did they specify Endgame spoilers, or just that the trailer will have spoilers? If the latter, since they have Mysterio I bet most of us can guess what it would be.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Mysterio will convince everyone that the decimation was just visual effects

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

howe_sam posted:

Yeah Doctor Strange without the Eye of Agamotto, maybe his most iconic mystic talisman, is a pretty big deal.

It is possible that whatever Cap did, it kept it.

And I guess if they're filming BW right now, we could see it in early 2020.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Doctor Strange 2 will reveal that, during the battle on Titan, Strange hid the Time Stone in the future, where he continues to have it and use it in his films until the MCU is over, at which point he sends it back to himself on Titan to give to Thanos.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Phylodox posted:

Doctor Strange 2 will reveal that, during the battle on Titan, Strange hid the Time Stone in the future, where he continues to have it and use it in his films until the MCU is over, at which point he sends it back to himself on Titan to give to Thanos.

I think it's way way way more likely they just continue without him having it so they don't have to ask why he doesn't use time travel to solve every single problem in his or other's movies.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Phylodox posted:

Wouldn't the easier thing be after the final fight, but before the stones are given to Steve, have Dr. Strange secretly take the Time Stone, go to where Thanos was killed in 2019, and find the original Infinity Gauntlet. Then use the Time Stone to rewind and bring back the destroyed Stones.

There now Dr. Strange has his own Infinity Gauntlet...and a severed Thanos arm.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

ImpAtom posted:

I think it's way way way more likely they just continue without him having it so they don't have to ask why he doesn't use time travel to solve every single problem in his or other's movies.
That's a bingo. I'm thinking most future MCU movies will avoid time-magic related plots entirely. It's too much of a get-out-of-jail-free card at this point.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Just give Strange another mystical relic that does all the same things, minus time travel.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Mysterio was doing mystic arts shapes that had Time Stone coloring, wonder what’s up with that

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Carlosologist posted:

Mysterio was doing mystic arts shapes that had Time Stone coloring, wonder what’s up with that

Barring a twist, I assume Mysterio is using illusions to bullshit having power. Maybe he's pretending to have an Infinity Stone or something since I assume those are common knowledge now.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

ImpAtom posted:

Barring a twist, I assume Mysterio is using illusions to bullshit having power. Maybe he's pretending to have an Infinity Stone or something since I assume those are common knowledge now.

Far From Home rumors:
There’s a rumor Mysterio might be from a different timeline and that his appearance may be due in some part to the gauntlet fuckery, and he may be deriving his powers from a stone

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Eh, that seems unlikely. I doubt Disney gave Sony that much room to play in the sandbox.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I think it'd be weird if they gave Mysterio "real" powers that aren't about misdirection (the illusion stone?) because that's kind of his whole deal. Like super strong or time travelling Mysterio seems an odd use of the character.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rhyno posted:

Eh, that seems unlikely. I doubt Disney gave Sony that much room to play in the sandbox.

I dunno, I'm sure Sony likes money and letting Marvel do what it wants results in money.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

My guess based on the first trailer:

-The Europe trip is solely for kids who got snapped like Peter
-Happy and May aren't just flirting. May wasn't snapped and was dating Happy before Hulk’s fix
-The movie makes a big deal about the vacuum left with Tony and Steve gone; Fury is looking to rebuild which is why he's seeking out Peter and Mysterio is taking advantage. The dramatic question of the movie is if Peter can step-up in the new status quo.

Timeless Appeal fucked around with this message at 01:35 on May 5, 2019

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Timeless Appeal posted:

-Happy and May aren't just flirting. May wasn't snapped and was dating Happy before the Snap
-The movie is a big deal about the vacuum left with Tony and Steve gone; Fury is looking to rebuild which is why he's seeking out Peter and Mysterio is taking advantage. The dramatic question of the movie is if Peter can step-up in the new status quo.

:hmmyes:

My guess is this is all pretty accurate, plus you toss in Mysterio presenting himself as a hero and potential new mentor to Peter in the first few acts, followed by advice from Fury to be wary of him and the inevitable betrayal near the end.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm still seriously thinking Fury is the Chameleon.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Bruceski posted:

Did they specify Endgame spoilers, or just that the trailer will have spoilers? If the latter, since they have Mysterio I bet most of us can guess what it would be.

Specifically Endgame. Which might not be much more than just referencing the time skip.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Synthbuttrange posted:

But that goes against the entire logic of resource redistribution among the rest!

#OkayThanosDidDoSomethingWrong

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Timeless Appeal posted:

-Happy and May aren't just flirting. May wasn't snapped and was dating Happy before Hulk’s fix
-The movie makes a big deal about the vacuum left with Tony and Steve gone; Fury is looking to rebuild which is why he's seeking out Peter and Mysterio is taking advantage. The dramatic question of the movie is if Peter can step-up in the new status quo.

-Yes. Please
-Yes.please
-Yes.please

Also yes please in the rumor that Mysterio is from another timeline. Having him being some john doe that found alien technology like the Vulture would be a big MEH. Having someone being sucked in to the present MCU timeline, him from a timeline with even more advance technology would be a better in my opinion.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Welp, back to the grindstone:
I'm watching X-Men First Class here.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

I like to think that in some timeline, when Steve is kissing Sharon Carter in Civil War, there's a different car just offscreen where old man Steve is just smiling and nodding along with Sam and Bucky

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Not to be outdone by Carol pandering to the lesbians, Drax is now a Daddy

https://twitter.com/DaveBautista/status/1124875028485541888?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

site posted:

Not to be outdone by Carol pandering to the lesbians, Drax is now a Daddy

https://twitter.com/DaveBautista/status/1124875028485541888?s=19

Bautista's hip to the jive, daddio.