Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

To give D&D SOME credit I think they have attempted to subtlety build up to Dany losing it and going mad queen since at least Meereen but between their execution being poor and their audience simply not getting it a lot of the plot points that were intended to cause the audience to go “hmm maybe Dany isn’t the righteous ruler that she’s constantly making herself out to be” instead made them go “YASSS QUEEEN”. Which the merchandising and marketing ran with into the ground.

It is probably this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Goons Are Great posted:

Wait I thought poop ending was official now. Or is there a variation where we can get mad poopy queen?

The poop ending required bran to die to the night king already. I think poop ending is impossible.

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018
The poop ending was the one GRRM submitted to D&D

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

If Dany turning bad and getting killed would make fans mad I wonder how much madder the poop ending would make them.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
There's still time - Jon kills her and then she gets strung up for poop flinging while he pouts.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Asehujiko posted:

ITT: Goons unable to comprehend that somebody might not have have exact knowledge of a pop culture thing that came out when they were 2 months old but able to determine where it's from with a big clue in the right direction from another poster and google.

Hey there is a modern one called Terminator Genysis with an actress from GoT in the starring role, you might like it.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

Hey there is a modern one called Terminator Genysis with an actress from GoT in the starring role, you might like it.

Terminator Sarah Connor Chronicles has a better GoT actor in the same exact starring role!

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
lol I hadn't realized Emilia Clarke was playing Sarah and so the same character as Lena Headey.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It would be better if Dany killed off all her counsel and Jon and ruled as the Mad Queen instead of Jon killing her. Just an even worse queen than Cersei and no one can stop her because all the houses are dead and she has dragons and a foreign army that follows only her rule.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Solice Kirsk posted:

a foreign army that follows only her rule.

woops

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

YaketySass posted:

He has to name him after Alliser Thorne for maximum Rowling points.

"Son when you go off to the wall, don't forget your namesake. The person who started me on the road to becoming the man who led the living to victory over the army of the dead. Good luck young Karl 'The Fookin' Legend of Gin Alley' Tanner Targaryen"

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I just want a never before seen or mentioned bigger meaner brother coming to kill the mountain and the hound, then riding off into the sunset

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Arya is definitely gonna kill the mountain zombie right after he kills the hound.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I just want a never before seen or mentioned bigger meaner brother coming to kill the mountain and the hound, then riding off into the sunset

The Continent, he's want resides to the South of Westeros and Essos.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Bottom Liner posted:

Arya is definitely gonna kill the mountain zombie right after he kills the hound.

Kill them both at the same time then make some quip after crossing two names off her list at once.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
A bunch of Daeny's Northerner and Vale allies realize they're tired of war and don't want to go fight Cersei, maybe Bronn and Jaime use the Chekov's crossbow to kill the non-Drogon dragon.

Outside of Daeny goes crazy and wants to nuke King's Landing I'm not sure how they can keep any tension in this plot.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Kill them both at the same time then make some quip after crossing two names off her list at once.

Nah hound is off her list now. I think it’s down to just Cersie and the mountain

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Bottom Liner posted:

Nah hound is off her list now. I think it’s down to just Cersie and the mountain

She's going to take out Cersie, then the Mountain, then Cersie again (editing error) and finally, the Mountain (deliberate, his zombie powers allow him another go) and wowie! She's done it & Westeros is saved forever! For now...

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Why the mountain again? I mean, obviously because it's the mountain, but what was her deal in particular with him?
Can't remember what he might have done to her.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Gregor is on her list from her time at Harrenhal.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Yeah, he was basically torturer-in-chief there.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Ahh right. That story. Good times.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I love how 'actually this is tiring and everyone wants this to be over' was substituted for any actual character arc for Arya and nobody cares because yes this is tiring we want this to be over.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
I'm going top make a prediction: Dany doesn't go Mad Queen. She dies, and yes, Jon stabs her, because Cersei puts a particularly long-lasting and painful poison on the Iron Throne, and is conveniently dead with nobody knowing where or if there's an antidote. Jon puts Dany out of her misery.

Surprisingly, Jon's claim isn't found by the realm to be particularly believable (his brother is having visions, yes, that can easily be proven when he tells you how beautiful you were that night you raped that peasant girl, but that specific vision can't be tested for, and the 'chain of custody' of that book from Sam would be immensely suspicious) and the Seven Kingdoms completely explodes into chaos, so they have to Pray and Bring Dany Back.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

This interview D&D gave during season 5 is all you have to know about the philosophy of working on this show behind the scenes:

"The story lines move forward and dig deeper as the episodes progress but rarely circle back and almost never pause for reflection. When I asked Benioff and Weiss if it was possible to infer any overall intentionality to the upcoming 10 episodes, they sneered. “Themes are for eighth-grade book reports,” Benioff told me."

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I guess that explains why they treat the audience like morons, they can't handle not being the smartest kids in high school honors English.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Harlock posted:

This interview D&D gave during season 5 is all you have to know about the philosophy of working on this show behind the scenes:

"The story lines move forward and dig deeper as the episodes progress but rarely circle back and almost never pause for reflection. When I asked Benioff and Weiss if it was possible to infer any overall intentionality to the upcoming 10 episodes, they sneered. “Themes are for eighth-grade book reports,” Benioff told me."

Author who turned The Iliad into "Troy" and wrote a Wolverine movie so bad that it killed their attempt an Origins branding and made it almost impossible to get a deadpool movie made

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Harlock posted:

Lmao what in the motherfucking blue hell every day presents more and more truth that we live in the opposite of a meritocracy just god drat

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
spectacle is all that counts for anything, so

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
Benioff, the seventh-grade level screenwriter.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Ops that's that over city.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Seemingly real 4chan leak with clips to boot.

Missandei is beheaded by the Mountain, Rhaegal gets killed by Euron. Jon is not really into fighting down south at all.

Oh and Bolvar Fordragon.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 15:32 on May 5, 2019

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Not gonna read that post on account of *checks notes* its 4chan

Anyways...

Jon and Dany will keep secret their family history and will rule the seven kingdoms. This will keep the north in the fold and will be a compromiae that keeps the peace the most.

Sam will do his maester thing and right it down in a book that nobody will read until a new Ned-like character comes along and this completes the circle back to the first season when Ned looked at the books that were in front of everyone, but they didnt read, and figured out Cerseis kids werent Baratheons.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

There is a video of Euron killing Rheagal lol

So it looks like Mad Dany killed by Jon may be true and I'm ready and excited for the mess that the rest of this season will be 😂

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/a4ea1k/spoilers_i_know/em1rby4/

Hello. Come back to this post after the episode airs next week.

- Euron's fleet takes down Rhaegal.

- Jaime betrays the North. Missandei is captured.

- Dany's army captures Jaime. Brienne tries to talk to him but he refuses.

- Sansa tells Tyrion about Jon's lineage. Tyrion tells Varys.

- Varys betrays Dany because he thinks Jon would be a better ruler.

- Cersei has Missandei executed.

- Dany has Varys executed. Dany assaults King's Landing and it's one-sided as hell.

- Tyrion begs her to show mercy but she refuses.

- Tyrion frees Jaime to try to get Cersei out of the city.

- King's Landing gets wrecked in the battle. Drogon burns Euron's fleet.

- The Hound fights his brother. They both die.

- Jaime fights Euron and kills him, but Jaime is mortally wounded.

- Jaime makes it to Cersei and they die together.

- Dany is executing everyone in King's Landing. Jon and Tyrion are upset.

- Dany has Tyrion arrested to be executed for freeing Jaime.

- Tyrion tries to convince Jon that his family will never be safe because his lineage makes him a threat to Dany's rule.

- Jon tries to talk to Dany but she justifies her actions.

- Jon pledges himself to Dany but then stabs her, then surrenders himself.

A council gets formed to decide who the King should be. Tyrion gives a speech and everyone votes on Bran to become King. The end.

In the epilogue, Jon takes the black again for killing Dany. Arya leaves. Sansa rules the North. Bran oversees his council of Tyrion, Davos, Sam, and Bronn.

These leaks are looking terrifyingly more accurate.

Clips were just leaked of Euron's fleet killing Rhaegal and Missandei being executed.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Sky Shadowing posted:

Clips were just leaked of Euron's fleet killing Rhaegal and Missandei being executed.

:stare: sounds like the whole episode leaked already

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

A Thai FB group have it but they're "ransoming" the full episode, i.e. They want money to release the whole thing.

https://streamable.com/y66q8

Missandei

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 15:53 on May 5, 2019

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Sky Shadowing posted:

Missandei

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Ahahahahah the leaks were real. We’re getting Mad Queen Dany murdering everyone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Oh gently caress

that one is going to break hearts