Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Donkey Kong vs excite bike might be interesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I think Donkey Kong would win that fight, but really we should Settle It In Smash.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Kind of digging the bottom of the barrel there but Excitebike vs has never officially been released in America so that's cool

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

The best part about going all digital is logging into to my friends account and downloading all their games. I was gonna finally buy stardew and puyo but they just did it for me.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
They're saving the SNES games as some sort of big E3 reveal and then everyone is just gonna be like :geno::geno::what::geno::geno::geno:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
We will probably never see the Disney games.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Atomizer posted:

I would've loved to buy everything digitally, but not for more money. The 1st-party titles are generally $10 more than I've found the physical cartridges for, new, and at this point I've saved myself enough money to get another game. You'd think it'd be cheaper to go digital, because Nintendo doesn't have to make and sell a physical cartridge and you can't resell a digital license so those end up making them more money per user past the first sale of every cartridge, but nope, Nintendo logic!

Nintendo being so greedy that they spite themselves has been a thing since the NES, so it's at least predictable behavior at this point.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Nintendo never drops the prices of their games. Retailers do. Also physical being the same SRP as digital has been a thing since digital games existed.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I love DKJR and Clu Clu Land. They really should have been games that were there from the start though.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Kind of digging the bottom of the barrel there but Excitebike vs has never officially been released in America so that's cool

I think VS is available on the Wii U Virtual Console and the only reason I remember this is because it and coincidentally Clu Clu Land were two games the guy behind QWOP and Getting Over It used as examples of games Nintendo would never care about making public again:

quote:

According to Foddy, if Nintendo was serious about making sure all its older games were available for sale on modern platforms, he wouldn't be so concerned about it chasing their own ROMs off websites like EmuParadise.

"But they aren’t—they make their most popular titles available and let the rest disappear," Foddy said. "Where is Clu Clu Land on the Virtual Console? Where is the amazing Famicom-only two-player version of Excitebike? They’re not on there, so if the ROMs are successfully taken down then the games are just erased from history." (Clu Clu Land and Vs. Excitebike did eventually make it to Virtual Console, but other rare games, like Adventures of Lolo 3 and unlicensed games, didn't.)

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

American McGay posted:

Nintendo never drops the prices of their games. Retailers do. Also physical being the same SRP as digital has been a thing since digital games existed.

Yeah, I've been fiddling around with the Wii U replaying the Xenoblades and I took a look at their eShop to find that just about all the 1st party titles are still full retail price.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

bushisms.txt posted:

The best part about going all digital is logging into to my friends account and downloading all their games. I was gonna finally buy stardew and puyo but they just did it for me.

So I can just log into my account on anyone's Switch and they can access all of my stuff on their account? That's awesome.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

s.i.r.e. posted:

So I can just log into my account on anyone's Switch and they can access all of my stuff on their account? That's awesome.
No. It's now your account.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

It has to always go online and make sure you're not playing... At all or that particular game? I'm not sure which but otherwise yep pretty much

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

s.i.r.e. posted:

Yes, the only kicker is you have to use the account with the game, but if you turn off cloud saving, it's no issue.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

s.i.r.e. posted:

You call your friend and say "Are you on your Switch? No? Cool, I'm gonna play games on your profile on my Switch."

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Nevermind on that front then, that's an annoyance.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I bought Sky Rogue back when it was on sale forever ago and people were going nuts about it. i kind of bounced off of it because I liked the danger zone controls but there didn't seem to be any yaw control which entirely killed the game for me. I loaded it up again recently to try it out again and then had to look up the controls for danger zone. Turns out there is a yaw control. It's the SL and SR buttons on the left joycon. So I played a bit of that. That's my story.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Sky rogue has the best motion control implementation yet.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

It is ALL GRIZZCO* weapons this weekend in Salmon Run in Splatoon 2.

:getin:

*OP cheater weapons that break every thing in the best way that you'd normally not get to see online like this.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

SeANMcBAY posted:

I love DKJR and Clu Clu Land. They really should have been games that were there from the start though.

Clu Clu Land is vastly underrated IMO

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Willo567 posted:

Clu Clu Land is vastly underrated IMO

:yeah:

I played a ton of that in AC. I think it would be really neat if you could boot up the NES app through the new Animal Crossing. I know it wouldn’t be a very useful feature but I have a lot of fond memories of playing those black box games for the first time through AC.

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
Just logged on to switch for the first time in a couple of months and saw alex kidd in miracle world was now available on the eshop, I am now reliving my childhood. Does life get much better than the motorcycle level or that weapon you can buy that makes mini alex kidds appear! Also i forgot how unflinchingly harsh this game is, touch an enemy=dead, touch larva=dead, get a leaf thrown at you by a monkey =dead, hit the wrong ? Box=dead, dont know the 'rock, paper,scissors' results=dead. Good times.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

The hardware limitations of the Game Boy hardware led to the best Metal Gear game, and a contemporary developer putting effort into a GBC game could lead to one of the greatest games of all time.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

I only just noticed that there was a labo vr news item from awhile ago, and that it included some content in the same way zelda did, where ya have to start the game from that news item and it passes along data to the game

so there's some mechanism to transfer creations. I assume nintendo is frightful as heck tho that if they opened it up someone would end up exploiting the editor and own the system somehow. and also they're nintendo with their nintendo understanding of what internet is

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

American McGay posted:

Mastadon is where people go when they get kicked off of Twitter for being racist freaks and creepy weirdos.

Comma or people who are tired of Twitter not banning racist freaks

You're thinking of Gab

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Bulgakov posted:

I only just noticed that there was a labo vr news item from awhile ago, and that it included some content in the same way zelda did, where ya have to start the game from that news item and it passes along data to the game

so there's some mechanism to transfer creations. I assume nintendo is frightful as heck tho that if they opened it up someone would end up exploiting the editor and own the system somehow. and also they're nintendo with their nintendo understanding of what internet is

What was the Zelda thing?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Comma or people who are tired of Twitter not banning racist freaks

You're thinking of Gab

It’s all the same poo poo.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Cojawfee posted:

What was the Zelda thing?

I can't remember exactly but usually it would be like a chest that had items inside that you could use to try out some technique that the news article was about

I think?? its been so long

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

American McGay posted:

They're saving the SNES games as some sort of big E3 reveal and then everyone is just gonna be like :geno::geno::what::geno::geno::geno:

I’ll care :shrug:

Until I realize they’re never gonna put earthbound, chrono trigger, ff6 or Mario rpg on it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

American McGay posted:

People would lose all of their poo poo because theres a good amount of people who did that for loving NES games.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Idk if I'd lose my poo poo, but I'd be happy. Like I can emulate all this poo poo a dozen ways over but I like having all the Marios and the handful of other sick NES games on there whenever I want to play them, and there's a handful of SNES games I'd want on here also. They could be a little less stingy with them but the selections not bad so far.

I sure as gently caress get more use out of NESflix than the average month of PS+ games at least.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I would lose enough poo poo for all of us

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I would take out an ill-advised, high-interest loan of poo poo, specifically to lose it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

If they drop SNES games on this, I will snatch up all the weird and mostly bad RPGs I devoured as a kid.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Inzombiac posted:

If they drop SNES games on this, I will snatch up all the weird and mostly bad RPGs I devoured as a kid.
Lol if you think you're getting anything more than the lineup of the SNES Classic spread out over a 13 month period.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
The SNES classic lineup is pretty solid. If we could get Terranigma I'd be fine with it.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Inzombiac posted:

same, except the good ones

like Breath of Fire II

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Heath posted:

The SNES classic lineup is pretty solid. If we could get Terranigma I'd be fine with it.

It’s incredibly easy to add more games. Mine has a pretty much perfect library now after adding only a few things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

It’s incredibly easy to add more games. Mine has a pretty much perfect library now after adding only a few things.

Yeah I was just gonna say that.

Get the snes classic it’s a fantastic little device.