Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

People losing on the way up is fine, but if they've already debuted they're 3x more powerful than NXT guys so they can't lose there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
I love how they sometimes have the champions give up the belt to get called up. Knowing that they're going to lose the belts because of a call up really sucks the drama out of matches.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Super No Vacancy posted:

more ladders that will make it meaningful

Shawn Michaels is an NXT Coach and Gargano et al. worship at the altar.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TNA

Xplosion:
Rascalz defeat OVE
Cousin Jake Deaner defeats Wrecking Ball Legursky

Knockouts battle royal with Solo Darling, Tasha Steelz, Ashley Vox, Karissa Rivera, Kiera Hogan, Tessa Blanchard, Jordynne Grace, Scarlett Bordeaux, Alisha Edwards and Madison Rayne. Final two are Tessa and Hogan, Tessa eliminates Hogan. Disco Inferno leaves commentary table to eliminate Tessa, wins battle royal
Rosemary defeats Su Yung in a Demon Collar match
Killer Kross defeats Eddie Edwards
Rich Swann defeats Mike Elgin by DQ after Elgin hits the ref. Willie Mack runs in for the save postmatch but gets attacked by Johnny Impact
Sami Callihan (with the Crists) defeats Fallah Bahh (with Scarlett)
Taya Valkyrie retains the Knockouts title over Madison. Postmatch Rosemary comes out with Su still tied to the demon collar chain and motions for the belt, chasing Taya off
LAX retain the tag titles over The North (Josh Alexander and Ethan Page)
Disco vs Vox ends in no contest after Tessa chases off Disco
Dezmond Xavier wins a fourway X Division showcase over Petey Williams, Rohit Raju and Ace Austin
RVD defeats Tommy Dreamer. Yes RVD still has the good entrance theme. Postmatch The North attack both men, Moose comes out and joins the attack. The lights go out and Sabu clears the ring

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Chris James 2 posted:

Knockouts battle royal with Solo Darling, Tasha Steelz, Ashley Vox, Karissa Rivera, Kiera Hogan, Tessa Blanchard, Jordynne Grace, Scarlett Bordeaux, Alisha Edwards and Madison Rayne. Final two are Tessa and Hogan, Tessa eliminates Hogan. Disco Inferno leaves commentary table to eliminate Tessa, wins battle royal

Lmao never change TNA.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Looking forward to the ecw reunion trios match

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Looking forward to the ecw reunion trios match

I was there. I think I was the only one tweeting results. It was a pretty bad taping. The ECW stuff is SO TIRED at this point. And the Disco stuff is just the worst poo poo ever. Tessa goes from a great match with Gail to THIS.

I gotta admit though. Elgin vs Swann was REALLY REALLY good. It went 20 mins, had a ton of cool spots, near falls and the crowd was into it.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Did Callis take the week off or something because that taping sounds dire as gently caress

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Benne posted:

Did Callis take the week off or something because that taping sounds dire as gently caress

He was doing commentary. I think Brian Cage not being there hurt. I just don't understand the Disco stuff at all. I can't imagine who thinks this is a good idea.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
How long until Tessa Blanchard can go to AEW....?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

VJeff posted:

How long until Tessa Blanchard can go to AEW....?

Not until 2020 or 2021 apparently.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

DM Punk posted:

He was doing commentary. I think Brian Cage not being there hurt. I just don't understand the Disco stuff at all. I can't imagine who thinks this is a good idea.
Glenn Gilbertti

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TNA

Xplosion:
Dezmond Xavier defeats Jake Crist
Su Yung defeats Alisha Edwards

Tessa Blanchard squashes Disco Inferno in under a minute
Moose and The North ridicule ECW. Moose and Callis have words
The Deaners defeat Desi Hit Squad
Eddie Edwards defeats Killer Kross in a no DQ match after The Sandman interferes
Willie Mack and Rich Swann defeat Johnny Impact and Michael Elgin after Elgin abandons Johnny
Rosemary (with chained Su Yung) vs Taya Valkyrie ends in no contest after Jessicka Havok (with James Mitchell) attacks Rosemary and Taya. The two leave with Su Yung
Madman Fulton (with Sami Callihan) wins a handicap match against two local geeks
OVE defeat Fallah Bahh and Scarlett Bordeaux. Post-match Tessa Blanchard saves Scarlett from a double-team
Jordynne Grace defeats Kiera Hogan
LAX retain the tag titles over the Rascalz via DQ after ref bump. Second ref came in and counted a Rascalz pin but was overruled by the first ref
Ace Austin defeats Cousin Jake after interference from Desi Hit Squad
RVD, Sabu and Tommy Dreamer defeat Moose and The North. Tapings end with big motivational speech from Dreamer; the Philly arena's the house that Sabu built, RVD's still going after 100 concussions, and Impact's like ECW (he got that part right)

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
holy poo poo

awful storyline squash, interference, tag partners who hate each other, interference, handicap squash, Dusty finish, interference, put the 50 year old guys over your young talent in the main event

vintage TNA

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

quote:

Tessa Blanchard squashes Disco Inferno in under a minute
Rosemary (with chained Su Yung) vs Taya Valkyrie ends in no contest after Jessicka Havok (with James Mitchell) attacks Rosemary and Taya. The two leave with Su Yung
Post-match Tessa Blanchard saves Scarlett from a double-team

Allie was smart to bail on the company if this is what they're doing with their women wrestlers now

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Benne posted:

Allie was smart to bail on the company if this is what they're doing with their women wrestlers now

Pretty sure IMPACT were the ones who bailed on Allie. They just didn't renew her contract. She probably would have stayed if offered.

The IMPACT Knockout roster IS good. It's just the booking that is poo poo. At least its not as bad as Women of Honor.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

One roster has the beautiful people and one doesn't.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Knockout has good wrestlers booked in bizarre borderline fetish angles (Su Yung on a chain, men beating up women, the whole Scarlett gimmick which is male-gaze as gently caress no matter how much you wanna spin it as ironic or her controlling her agency or whatever).

WOH has bad wrestlers booked in ... pretty much the same Knockout angles from a decade ago. And also men beating up women.

I hope Brandi has some good ideas for the AEW women because the other US promotions don't seem to have much interest in taking them seriously again.

Benne fucked around with this message at 05:39 on May 5, 2019

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Starting a pool on how many weeks until the next "TNA is good now" hype cycle starts up again

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
I'll say this. Scarlett's work in IMPACT has made me a fan, and not just because of her looks. She is genuinely interesting and the pairing of her and Fallah Bahh is actually really enjoyable. Her wrestling ability has greatly improved in the last year or so.

As bad as the Disco stuff was, Tessa is now the most over female babyface. She probably could have been that anyway, but at least the crowd really popped for her kicking Disco's rear end.

And as much as I dislike Michael Elgin, he easily had the 2 best matches of the tapings this weekend. Dude is a poo poo human being, but a great wrestler.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Scarlett's shtick is absolutely fine so long as the rest of the women in whatever group she's working for are largely presented as serious athletes or brawlers or just a diverse group of characters in general. The issue isn't having characters like her so much as for decades that character was the ONLY one women could play in wrestling.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Hey I think my buddy Mike was one of the local geeks!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
According to the Wrestlevotes account Daniel Bryan might appear on Raw.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

rovert posted:

According to the Wrestlevotes account Daniel Bryan might appear on Raw.

He technically hasn't been confirmed to be on either brand after the shakeup, Vince probably wants to keep him away from Roman

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Then why would he be on raw tonight?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I assumed they were maybe going to keep him off TV until the KSA show (LOL, WWE having patience) but I suppose the panic over the ratings might have changed their mind.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Asking in here, but do we know the full TakeXXVover card yet? I got tickets and am already super excited, but am curious what they're doing. Or at least what's confirmed

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Senerio posted:

Asking in here, but do we know the full TakeXXVover card yet? I got tickets and am already super excited, but am curious what they're doing. Or at least what's confirmed

In terms of confirmed stuff

Gargano defends the title against Cole
Shayna defends the women's title against Io
Undisputed Era vs Street Profits vs Forgotten Sons vs Lorcan and Burch for the vacant tag titles

Heavily teased is also Dream defending the North American title against Tyler Breeze, and KUSHIDA vs Drew Gulak

Fad
Nov 13, 2002

I dont care.

Chris James 2 posted:

and KUSHIDA vs Drew Gulak

He doesn't even go here!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Kushida already went over Gulak on the taping??

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

Kushida already went over Gulak on the taping??

Chris James 2 posted:

KUSHIDA defeats Gulak. Post-match Gulak complains to the ref about the finish

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

NXT is way different than it was in Takeover I day but I appreciate that they’re returning to that Cesaro / Titus “make a lower card guy from another brand seem like a big deal” thing. Even though they’re clearly there to job, which was not the case during Sami Zayn’s losing streak gimmick. Somebody (Regal?) really appreciates Gulack as a hand.

Wild that NXT booking was so airtight they made a losing streak face gimmick work

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Ongoing RAW spoilers:

quote:

WWE RAW SPOILER RESULTS (Taped On 5/13/2019)

Special International Edition Of MizTV With Roman Reigns

This week's RAW kicks off with a "special international edition" of Miz TV.

The Miz talks about his upcoming Steel Cage match against Shane McMahon at the WWE Money In The Bank pay-per-view. He then introduces his guest for this week, SmackDown Live Superstar Roman Reigns.

"The Big Dog" is immediately interrupted by Elias, who comes out with his trademark guitar. Shane McMahon also ends up coming out. Elias and Reigns square off until Miz and Bobby Lashley, who also entered the scene, attack him in a three-on-one beat down.

Shane McMahon ends up announcing Bobby Lashley and Elias vs. The Miz and Roman Reigns for the show. That match is actually up next. Stay tuned!

The Miz & Roman Reigns vs. Bobby Lashley & Elias

In the match that was just put together after a wild installment of Miz TV, The Miz and Roman Reigns managed to pick up the "W" over the duo of Bobby Lashley and Elias.

The match saw interference from Shane McMahon which led to the finish via Disqualification.

After the match was over, Reigns fired back up and took out Shane while The Miz fought off the other guys with a steel chair.

Winners via Disqualification: The Miz & Roman Reigns

Video Package For WWE Universal Championship Match At WWE Money In The Bank

After the tag-team match ended, we shoot to a video segment. This segment saw an in-depth video package that told the story and built-up the highly-anticipated WWE Universal Championship showdown between "The Architect" Seth Rollins and "The Phenomenal" A.J. Styles.

Backstage: Shane McMahon, Braun Strowman & Sami Zayn

From there, we go to a backstage segment. This segment saw the cameras backstage at the O2 Arena where Shane McMahon calls Braun Strowman to his office.

"The Monster Among Men" shows up and we see Sami Zayn as well, who was already in the office with Shane-O-Mac. Zayn is complaining.

Shane ends up announcing Braun Strowman vs. Sami Zayn for later in the show. The winner of the match will get Strowman's current spot in the Men's Money In The Bank Ladder Match at the upcoming WWE Money In The Bank pay-per-view.

Mojo Rawley vs. Apollo Crews

After the backstage segments and some brief down time, we head back to the ring for our next match of the evening.

In one-on-one action, Mojo Rawley took on Apollo Crews. This was essentially a squash match, with Rawley getting the showcase spotlight. He picked up in a quick win, and did so in dominant fashion.

Winner: Mojo Rawley

Backstage: Nikki Cross' New Character

After the Mojo Rawley/Apollo Crews squash match, we shoot to the back for another backstage segment.

We see Nikki Cross. She is performing her new gimmick, as she teased in a recent social media promo that made the rounds recently. She comes off somewhat timid and very calm. Almost the opposite traits she displayed in her former character.

It is announced that Nikki Cross will be replacing Alexa Bliss in the Fatal-4-Way Match.

RIP Ricochet. Already being fed to Baron Corbin.

https://twitter.com/mattypaddock/status/1128023184597557250?s=21

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Man who did Apollo Crews piss off to get squashed by Mojo Rawley?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
wait when did Shane get put in charge of Raw

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Julio Cruz posted:

wait when did Shane get put in charge of Raw

The McMahons are above the rules. Or any sort of logical booking for that matter.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

But if he's in charge of raw why did he allow a match to end on a DQ from his interference?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Nikki Cross defeated Natalya, Dana Brooke, and Naomi.

Earlier in the night it was announced she was replacing Alexa Bliss in the ladder match.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

quote:

Elias and Reigns square off until Miz and Bobby Lashley, who also entered the scene, attack him in a three-on-one beat down.

what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

I feel like this is misleading. Or outright wrong. Another guy at the event said that Miz and Roman were attacked by Elias and Lashley. And Shane interfered in the match to cause a DQ.

Also in the double contract signing, both Lacey and Charlotte teamed up on Becky, and put her through a table. GOTTA GET THAT HEAT BROTHER!!!