Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

SplitSoul posted:

I can never play without Flesh Wound again.

Same, after I punched someone to death with my bloody arm stump. Also it's funny how many people seem to declare mission accomplished when they get me to 0 and take me leg off or something. Then they just turn and try to walk away, only to get my flying falchion to the back of their head. Then I hop on over and collapse on top of them in a bloody heap, mid-laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
edit: nm.

Stokes fucked around with this message at 17:15 on May 4, 2019

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Diogines posted:

Is there a detailed list of weapon stats ANYWHERE besides looking at the weapons one at a time in game, so I can compare them and figure out strategies? I can't find a single website or forum post anywhere with the info.

There's a google doc somewhere, search the discord channel for it.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Posting my sword barbie itt, archery is more trouble than it's worth honestly.

What's the easiest/fastest way to grind up coins?

Telltolin
Apr 4, 2004

i noticed this in chiv also (and PVK2, and to a lesser extent, M&B warband), games like this tend to attract a certain type of... supremacist. In fact, the duel server I'd been slumming around on since launch day seems to have several of them in administrative positions, which is just lovely. I feel like that kind of community strongly contributed to the slow death of chivalry, because it seems to be prevalent among the regular players. I'm sure a large percentage of them would have you believe they're just trolling and trying to get a rise out of people, but I'm sure you're able to form your own judgement even without hearing specifics. I have a dirty feeling I know what attracts them to games with knights and swords and what have you. Which kinda blows, because knights and swords have been a favorite fantasy setting of mine since I was a little kid and now they're forcing an unsavory association into my head. I also don't like seeing black kids get run out of servers because they're bothered by all of the Actual Factual Racism, which has happened at least twice I've seen, to one guy that attempted to defend himself and another that got found out because of their profile picture.

I like mordhau, a lot. If we ever open a dedicated goon dueling server, please post about it in the thread so I can hopefully keep my sanity :)

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I stole this from reddit but drat is this a perfect loadout

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

is this game as awesome as it looks and/or should i buy it y/n

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wheeee posted:

It can be incredibly satisfying to beat the poo poo out of people, also fun to get your head cut off and watch yourself go flying in first person. I'm having a ton of fun with it so far, and there should be a lot more features and additions coming down the road.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Wheeee posted:

it's thirty bux

come play mi'lord

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

Taintrunner posted:

It can be incredibly satisfying to beat the poo poo out of people, also fun to get your head cut off and watch yourself go flying in first person. I'm having a ton of fun with it so far, and there should be a lot more features and additions coming down the road.

Gamerofthegame posted:

it's thirty bux

come play mi'lord

welp

too bad i'm about to go out for the day

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
This is my current pro "Dumbass in a kettle hat" build

:colbert:

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Telltolin posted:

i noticed this in chiv also (and PVK2, and to a lesser extent, M&B warband), games like this tend to attract a certain type of... supremacist. In fact, the duel server I'd been slumming around on since launch day seems to have several of them in administrative positions, which is just lovely. I feel like that kind of community strongly contributed to the slow death of chivalry, because it seems to be prevalent among the regular players. I'm sure a large percentage of them would have you believe they're just trolling and trying to get a rise out of people, but I'm sure you're able to form your own judgement even without hearing specifics. I have a dirty feeling I know what attracts them to games with knights and swords and what have you. Which kinda blows, because knights and swords have been a favorite fantasy setting of mine since I was a little kid and now they're forcing an unsavory association into my head. I also don't like seeing black kids get run out of servers because they're bothered by all of the Actual Factual Racism, which has happened at least twice I've seen, to one guy that attempted to defend himself and another that got found out because of their profile picture.

I like mordhau, a lot. If we ever open a dedicated goon dueling server, please post about it in the thread so I can hopefully keep my sanity :)

Without batting around the bush, here, uh - knights & vikings are extremely used as symbols of white supremacy, yes. Any game that has them as a big part of its aesthetic will attract that crowd, and you better believe every single one of these kinds of games has.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Without batting around the bush, here, uh - knights & vikings are extremely used as symbols of white supremacy, yes. Any game that has them as a big part of its aesthetic will attract that crowd, and you better believe every single one of these kinds of games has.

Different game but me and friends kept a screenshot wall of fame for every heated gamer moment we got thrown at us in the duel mode of For Honor and whoo boy even online gaming since a kid i havent seen it like that until we started playing.

This game has come close a couple times though.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
Do you have to stay through the end of the game to get any xp/gold? Kind of kills the jump in/out nature of log game modes.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Comrayn posted:

Do you have to stay through the end of the game to get any xp/gold? Kind of kills the jump in/out nature of log game modes.

Yeah, i kind of like it because it incentivizes people to stay in losing matches though.

I will say that 1000 tickets in frontline seems like way too much, especially since the game is usually devided by who took central point first and ive only seen a real back and forth a couple of times, and a halfway through the match reversal once.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 18:47 on May 4, 2019

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
This is my Trapper.

And this is my Anti-Archer.

cerebral
Oct 24, 2002

The benefits of being able to communicate in large scale public games such as this one are vastly overrated. Not being constantly reminded how awful people can be when anonymous in a consequence free environment is vastly underrated. The first thing I did when firing up this game, and the first thing I do when firing up any online game these days is to disable chat. ("these days" is kind of bullshit, people have always been terrible in online games, my tolerance for it is the only thing that has changed)

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Man, some of these frontlines maps are stupendously unbalanced. I have no idea how the blue team is supposed to ever win Camp, for example. Taiga's not much better off, either.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Ive seen blue win camp a bunch by just holding middle hard. My favorite loss to blue camp was the time some absolute lads stole reds catapult and brought it over to their side.

If you want to win pick red team is the lesson ive learned though, generally.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

cerebral posted:

The benefits of being able to communicate in large scale public games such as this one are vastly overrated. Not being constantly reminded how awful people can be when anonymous in a consequence free environment is vastly underrated. The first thing I did when firing up this game, and the first thing I do when firing up any online game these days is to disable chat. ("these days" is kind of bullshit, people have always been terrible in online games, my tolerance for it is the only thing that has changed)

This is why I spam c4 at people all game

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So far my favorite thing to do is sprint behind enemy lines and shove archers off the wall. I forget what map it is but there’s one with a guard tower that has a ladder which is really good for this as they usually never check to see if anyone’s coming up.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
My favorite thing to do is get chumped over and over and over and super pissed off. It's the only thing I do.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

my favourite thing to do in multiplayer games is immediately disable communication with other players because i am a functional adult

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Perestroika posted:

Man, some of these frontlines maps are stupendously unbalanced. I have no idea how the blue team is supposed to ever win Camp, for example. Taiga's not much better off, either.

The frontline game mode is weird in quite a few ways. Each match starts super quick such that most players haven't even loaded in by the time flags start getting taken and usually whichever side first takes the middle flag just steamrolls from there. Objectives are weird too. Some mesh with the pace of gameplay (push this ram/cart forward) or are kinda neat (kill/defend a special NPC) while others are just annoying to do (hold E on a peasant for 10 seconds or walk really really slowly with a barrel. And while they do the job of being big murder pits, the maps feel a bit too big for just 48 players.

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Sup, I'm the guy using the rapier and a heater shield with bloodlust with a 4:1 KD every game, nbd

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

Wheeee posted:

my favourite thing to do in multiplayer games is immediately disable communication with other players because i am a functional adult

To be fair to that guy those people he’s ignoring are gamers.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

Sup, I'm the guy using the rapier and a heater shield with bloodlust with a 4:1 KD every game, nbd

Hey I know you, you're the guy who gets mad when no one wants to fight them in duel servers because we ain't got time for that poo poo lol

cerebral
Oct 24, 2002

Wheeee posted:

I can't tell if this is agreement or validation. A+

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Is it just me or is there no way to get out of spectator mode other than exiting the match? Really hate having to go through the server browser dance because of a misclick.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

I've been kinda staying away from swords so far because there's too many of them around already, but I gotta say, bastard sword and buckler does feel pretty nice. Damage is alright, it's pretty quick, and it's juuuust got enough range to play footsies. Anyway, have some gifs:

The rare 7-chamber combo:
https://i.imgur.com/1LZt94i.mp4

Sic semper archers:
https://i.imgur.com/DmGGHni.mp4

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Gobblecoque posted:

Is it just me or is there no way to get out of spectator mode other than exiting the match? Really hate having to go through the server browser dance because of a misclick.

there is a specific key bind for the change team menu, it should allow you to join

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Is there any point to using the bastard sword two-handed? According to the advanced stats screen the only difference is that it's slower. Is there something not evident from the stats?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Diogines posted:

Is there a detailed list of weapon stats ANYWHERE besides looking at the weapons one at a time in game, so I can compare them and figure out strategies? I can't find a single website or forum post anywhere with the info.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GosDJ8RMA_M3GIecjH5pxSlAwz7frHN4oLzYawJrWvY/view

Gobblecoque posted:

You gotta press M to change team.
I think the game shows this keybind when you're dead and waiting to respawn but not when you're spectating for some reason.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Man, I am not doing well with the bastard sword. I keep loving whiffing with the stab constantly.

EDIT: Well, I say that and then immediately go on a four kill rampage shanking fools in the face. Go figure.

EDIT 2: Nevermind, back to sucking rear end again

Nordick fucked around with this message at 22:28 on May 4, 2019

Pursued by bees
Jan 1, 2013

heartful of fire
with no one left to tell

Nordick posted:

Is there any point to using the bastard sword two-handed? According to the advanced stats screen the only difference is that it's slower. Is there something not evident from the stats?

I was just about to ask the same thing. Even the spreadsheet that was just posted seems to confirm that it only gets worse when you wield it with both hands.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Slower in this game doesn't mean worse necessarily. Theoretically you can do a lot more drag shenanigans to throw people off their parry timing.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

yeah, my understanding is that the big difference is in how their animations work so you may well get more favorable swing timing/arcs with 2h instead of 1h (or vice versa)

I'd have thought it might affect stamina drain and stamina drain negation on block, but they appear to pretty much function as 2h weapons even when used 1 handed

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Well at any rate I stopped bashing my head into the Frontline meatwall and switched to a 16 player TDM server, and just finished a match at 21/14, so I think I'm just better at smaller scale engagements. Or I'm just starting to get in the zone with the bastard/buckler combo. More testing is required.

Pursued by bees
Jan 1, 2013

heartful of fire
with no one left to tell
I would have assumed that you could put a bit more weight into two-handed swings and do more damage and/or stamina drain. But no, it's just a whopping 25-50ms difference in thrust/swing release times according to the spreadsheet.

I wish it wasn't so tedious to study the differences between the weapons, even with the help of spreadsheets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Pursued by bees posted:

I would have assumed that you could put a bit more weight into two-handed swings and do more damage and/or stamina drain. But no, it's just a whopping 25-50ms difference in thrust/swing release times according to the spreadsheet.

I wish it wasn't so tedious to study the differences between the weapons, even with the help of spreadsheets.

I mean someone will probably eventually summarize it in a more readable fashion, but this is basically frame data poo poo so I think the tedium is kind of inherent