Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

juggalo baby coffin posted:

thanks for this, man thats crazy that dominator does so much more damage than half the other classes. you'd never know from the power bars on the class select screen

I had no idea this entire time. No wonder my buddy was kicking so much rear end on his Dominator. Its kind of bullshit honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I had no idea this entire time. No wonder my buddy was kicking so much rear end on his Dominator. Its kind of bullshit honestly.

They are a great class but are one bad pull away from dying at any time.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Inzombiac posted:

I think the Sentinel has a .7 range modifier. Boosted by the debuff from their passive and balanced by having goddamn armor.

Using 'Aimed Shot' as a reference point, since it is a basic 1.0 modifier ability:

Corr Aimed shot: 41.71 (excluding scourges)
Sentinel Aimed shot: 52.83
Blaster Aimed shot: 82.58 (excluding their stacking damage buff)

The sentinel passive makes targets struck take 5% more damage from all sources, stacks per sentinel, with a chance to be an 'extreme' vulnerability for 25% more damage.

It also looks like a sentinel's first two basic attacks (i.e. Snapshot + Aimed Shot) in every tree apply a -20% res debuff for 15s. That isn't mentioned anywhere as a class feature unless you take the time to pull the numbers up. That feels a bit better than I realized. On sonic they actually have 29.6% res debuffs on both Shriek and Scream, which is neat.

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008

Suprfli6 posted:

If I want to do the Harvey Maylor arc, is there a shortcut via ouroboros or another method or do I need to do the arc of the contact I have now, who will introduce me to Unai, who will then introduce me to Harvey?

You can only flashback to stuff in Oroborous if you're above the level range of the contact. So the fastest way to do Harvey Maylor's arc is to boost yourself to 45 (since Harvey is 45-50 range), see if he's an option via the Find Contact button in your contact list, and if he isn't, grab one of the other contacts in that range (Unai, Maria Jenkins, or Crimson) and eventually you'll get Harvey.

tl;dr - you might as well finish the contact you're on now, since meeting Harley Maylor needs you to be level 45 anyway.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

S.D. posted:

You can only flashback to stuff in Oroborous if you're above the level range of the contact. So the fastest way to do Harvey Maylor's arc is to boost yourself to 45 (since Harvey is 45-50 range), see if he's an option via the Find Contact button in your contact list, and if he isn't, grab one of the other contacts in that range (Unai, Maria Jenkins, or Crimson) and eventually you'll get Harvey.

tl;dr - you might as well finish the contact you're on now, since meeting Harley Maylor needs you to be level 45 anyway.

Well I'm level 50, so can I just flashback to him in Ouro? I've done the intro arc in Ouro already but wasn't sure what to do after that.

E: Alright, reading up on the flashback system on the wiki, I think I know what to do now.

If anyone has good recommendations on efficient arcs to farm merits that would be cool. The auction house is pretty scarce when it comes to a lot of the sets I'm trying to build.

Suprfli6 fucked around with this message at 16:52 on May 4, 2019

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Inzombiac posted:

They are a great class but are one bad pull away from dying at any time.
Doing RTF as a corr and accidentally aggroing more than 1 hero :allears:

Is there a goon SG? I have the discord up most of the time when I'm playing but it's not super active. Or if someone wants to add me as a friend so I can get some grouping in I'm @HamSalad.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
A mind dom can just sleep that hero :v:

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008

Suprfli6 posted:

If anyone has good recommendations on efficient arcs to farm merits that would be cool. The auction house is pretty scarce when it comes to a lot of the sets I'm trying to build.

These aren't really efficient, but here are some ways to generate merits:
-there's no more daily cap on doing tip missions, so doing 10 plus an alignment mission will get you 50
-finding all 8 exploration badges in every zone gets you a handful per zone
-keep an eye out for task forces that are the Weekly Strike Target, they're worth double merits the first time you do it in that week per character. Fast TFs include: Positron part 1, Penny Yin, Imperious, Khan, Apex, Tin Mage (note that 'fast' is dependent on team, but you can do the ones listed in an hour or less if everyone on the team is on the same page)
-doing a Signature Story Arc (there are 11 of them) for the first time will net your 20 merits as a reward, and you can repeat one of them every week for an additional 20. I recommend Who Will Die part 1 - the contact is in Skyway and you can speed through that in 5 minutes if you're not sight-seeing.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

S.D. posted:

Speaking of this, I remember a mod that updated all the maps with badge locations and level ranges and enemy groups, anyone still have that?

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

So my 24 defender was in the middle of the Positron TF a few days ago when the server crashed. I logged into him today and he's still exemplared to level 16, and the TF mission from Posi is still selected. When I hit 'abandon' in the mission window, i get a system message saying "you cannot abandon this task". Any ideas?

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

S.D. posted:

-doing a Signature Story Arc (there are 11 of them) for the first time will net your 20 merits as a reward, and you can repeat one of them every week for an additional 20. I recommend Who Will Die part 1 - the contact is in Skyway and you can speed through that in 5 minutes if you're not sight-seeing.

Alastor in Cap au Diable if you're villain side.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I dunno what to get next

Manuevers? I regret taking Victory Rush, it kinda sucks or at least I'm bad at using it

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Anyone running goonbox have the files? I can find my old backed-up HDD with the modded stuff on it but not the goonbox mod itself.

e: nvm found it in the discord

SubponticatePoster fucked around with this message at 17:49 on May 4, 2019

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

S.D. posted:

-there's no more daily cap on doing tip missions, so doing 10 plus an alignment mission will get you 50
-keep an eye out for task forces that are the Weekly Strike Target, they're worth double merits the first time you do it in that week per character. Fast TFs include: Positron part 1, Penny Yin, Imperious, Khan, Apex, Tin Mage (note that 'fast' is dependent on team, but you can do the ones listed in an hour or less if everyone on the team is on the same page)

Awesome, thanks!

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

I just want to say that TP Foe is often hilarious for MMs. Just dropping a lone startled fool right in the middle of your pets to be shredded is weirdly satisfying.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Hunter Noventa posted:

Speaking of this, I remember a mod that updated all the maps with badge locations and level ranges and enemy groups, anyone still have that?

https://sourceforge.net/projects/vidiotmaps/files/

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Man, I hate Victory Rush as a Mastermind.

At best you use it on the boss you nuke down and then use the END reduction to heal up.

Good thing you get a free respec at 10.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

kumba posted:

I dunno what to get next

Manuevers? I regret taking Victory Rush, it kinda sucks or at least I'm bad at using it

Whyyyyyy haven't you taken Acid Mortar yet.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

kumba posted:

I dunno what to get next

Acid Mortar is awesome, take it ASAP.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

Sentinels actually come close to Blasters who don't take the offensive secondary sets damage numbers via Opportunity (only do Offensive never Defensive).

The real price they pay for being armored is they have relatively poor utility. They bring their -5% def/res on targets they hit buff to the party, they can raise that to 25% during their 10 seconds of glory, and that's about it. They will also fall behind, damage wise, to a blaster who opts into more damage, but they're already trading off utility for damage there so...

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
Are there any Blaster primaries that would get a significant boost from the extra endurance regen a sentinel can get from some of the defensive secondaries?

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I started a Willpower/Street tanker and I think Im in love. My only other tanker was an Invuln/Axe I made way back on Love and I don't think I ever got him past 20 because he felt like a chore to play.

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008

Cynic Jester posted:

Are there any Blaster primaries that would get a significant boost from the extra endurance regen a sentinel can get from some of the defensive secondaries?

That's the thing - i24 (just before the game was shut down) was going to bring in a slight revamp of the blaster secondaries - the level 20 power across most of the secondaries was changed to a toggle that gave some +recovery and +regen (Cloaking Device in /devices became Field Operative). If nothing else it really decreased the downtime in between mobs.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Hunter Noventa posted:

It's part of goonbox

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004

Soonmot posted:

It's part of goonbox

Where can I get goonbox please

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

I can’t believe City is back in the year of our lord 2019

Doc Arctic will live again

(Has anyone posted the old goon squad cover yet?)

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank
Vidiotmaps is still available at https://sourceforge.net/projects/vidiotmaps/ otherwise. It's for issue 23 and accurate everywhere I've seen.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Xerophyte posted:

Vidiotmaps is still available at https://sourceforge.net/projects/vidiotmaps/ otherwise. It's for issue 23 and accurate everywhere I've seen.

Is there a way to shoehorn this into the Mac client?

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Platonicsolid posted:

Is there a way to shoehorn this into the Mac client?

Maybe? It's just a bunch of image files shoved into [CoH]/data/texture_library to override the default maps. I assume it'll work on mac, if you can get the files.

RiffRaff1138
Feb 28, 2006

Every single motherfucker thinks they're gonna save the fuckin' world... Why not do something about the shitty economy or whatever instead?! Son of a bitch!
I've done one job for Dr. Creed and none for Dr. Weber, but both say they have nothing for me, and they're listed as inactive in my mission menu. I'm level 10. Am I just overleveled for their missions, or do I maybe need to do something else first?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

kumba posted:

I dunno what to get next

There's no reason why you should have put Acid Mortar or Triage Beacon off this long.

At minimum, Get Acid Mortar and stick the Achilles Heel proc into it. It's cheap, I just built one last night.

edit: Oh jesus, and you took Thugs. You said you hated Victory Rush, right? You should have at least two free respecs banked by now, just hit /respec in the chat box and go to work.

I don't judge people who take personal attacks from their primary, that's just not my style, but Acid Mortar + the Achilles Heel proc (make sure you get the level 10 one if possible) makes Tactics a hell of a lot less-necessary which means you can grab Defense to help shore up how fragile Thugs are. Assault is still pretty much mandatory for Masterminds, but you want Trip Mine more for toe-bombing poo poo right now.

And Triage Beacon seems like crap, but when you've got FF bubble + Defense, that goes a long way towards making sure that they'll top themselves up in between getting infrequently hit.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 01:17 on May 5, 2019

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I'm playing as a Brute, do I put the Brawl/standard attack on auto? does it gently caress with how I queue abilities in the game mechanics?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Stop using brawl asap. I mostly put longer term buffs on auto but you can put your fast attack on it as well, it'll sometimes gently caress up targeting though.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

abuse culture. posted:

Where can I get goonbox please
Re-crossposting:

Sombrerotron posted:

Okay, with reference to my earlier post, here's my somewhat-modified version of goonbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9wdtfml4xt1ephc/Goonbox-modified.rar?dl=0

Some sounds and background music have been replaced, but turns out I kept the original goonbox files (they've been renamed to *_old.ogg), so you can revert the changes if you like.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

please knock Mom! posted:

Stop using brawl asap. I mostly put longer term buffs on auto but you can put your fast attack on it as well, it'll sometimes gently caress up targeting though.

Got it, also what would be the best Brute Power Set for general questing (aka clear packs of 3/4 mobs until you reach [quest objective], repeat) ?

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

frajaq posted:

I'm playing as a Brute, do I put the Brawl/standard attack on auto? does it gently caress with how I queue abilities in the game mechanics?

You can, yeah, if you're having trouble keeping Fury up. Also if you're really early on you probably don't have a complete attack chain yet so why not.

It can gum things up slightly, but only slightly. Brawl has such a fast animation time that the worst thing that'll ever happen is sometimes you'll want to do some other attack but have to wait the .5 seconds for it to go off first.

frajaq posted:

Got it, also what would be the best Brute Power Set for general questing (aka clear packs of 3/4 mobs until you reach [quest objective], repeat) ?

All of them. Brutes are just all around good pretty much no matter what you pick.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

frajaq posted:

Honestly there are no real stinkers, although a few sets are a bit blah, like Electric Melee or Energy Melee.

Try Super Strength, it's nice and satisfying.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

frajaq posted:

Street Justice. You can punch AND knee Nazi's in the dick!

Though, if you're new, the Combo System from SJ might be something you want to wait on (though it's very simple compared to Dual Blades...). In that case, Super Strength is great.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

hup posted:

I can’t believe City is back in the year of our lord 2019

Doc Arctic will live again

(Has anyone posted the old goon squad cover yet?)

Not only that, but with a consistent 5k+ players (I believe a peak of over 6k+ yesterday). And they've upgraded capacity to 8k with that cap rapidly approaching. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Are there any particularly blah Defender power sets? I'm enjoying my Time Manipulation/Dual Pistols guy but I'm open to other things, too.

Also: is there any guild-like system in this, or do people mostly just group up over Discord? I've mostly been soloing but given that I'm enjoying Defender a lot I should probably consider grouping up more often.