Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
What the gently caress?

e: re: that parking spot poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
performative bullshit

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

I sincerely don't understand how these people can't see how loving dumb they look to anyone outside their arty farty bubble

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Taintrunner posted:

Oh, so this is a sex thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNQ6_1GCVVA

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

turn the street into an office arcology and bury me in my cubicle

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

California really needs to work on that homelessness problem. Or maybe at least acknowledge it as a problem.

mike12345 posted:

I've always wanted electrocution to become a thing in gaming, ever since I saw this bond flick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUc4GkMN1qs

There's at least one thing where some people made a version of pong that hurts the other player every time you score a point.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

dirty lousy tramp posted:

I sincerely don't understand how these people can't see how loving dumb they look to anyone outside their arty farty bubble

This is what the area around the library of Alexandria was like before the mob burned it down. Good riddance imo.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

better than trying to drive in sf

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Brass Key posted:

Netflix has a new gameshow, and it's, uh... Well, it's something.

https://twitter.com/netflix/status/1124413318259564544

not going to watch the vid but lmfao at this tweet

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe
Can't they work in a library? Does San Dystopia not have public library or they have been converted to libra.ry 3.0?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

tino posted:

Can't they work in a library? Does San Dystopia not have public library or they have been converted to libra.ry 3.0?

lower income plebians are at the library, gross.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

etalian posted:

lower income plebians are at the library, gross.

Homeless people hang out at the library. I ha g out on the street because.

Can't wait for someone to start paying day rates on parking spaces and set up micro homes.

Oh wait they do that already. The amount of van lifers on the streets of Los Angeles is incredible.

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe
[quote="etalian" post=""4948144"]lower income plebians are at the library, gross.
[/quote]

So go to a loving starbucks. This has to be a membership event for the eventual hipster uprising.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
it's cool how I get mail where a picture of my house is superimposed on the front of the envelope and my name and address are printed in a font that mimics handwriting and the sender is someone who wants to buy my house so they can demolish it.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

setting up planters and benches in a parking space to basically make a mini park that can comfortably serve at least like six people was a thing that people were doing a lot a few years ago to make a statement of the absurd amount of space that cities gave up to serve cars and how just reclaiming some of it into public space would make the city much nicer but then these guys lost the point entirely by postulating the replacement of private parking spaces with private corporate offices

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Wasn’t there a Nathan For You sketch where he set up an office on the sidewalk as a rentable co-working space? I swear I can picture the scene, but wasn’t finding it on a quick google.

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

Don't you do cocaine at ME,
you son of a bitch!
Also, like it isn't already hard enough to find a goddamn parking space in a city without some mook setting their loving desk up in one.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

pseudosavior posted:

Also, like it isn't already hard enough to find a goddamn parking space in a city without some mook setting their loving desk up in one.

That’s a feature, not a bug.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Platystemon posted:

That’s a feature, not a bug.

100%.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I get that it's another one of those insane attempts to abuse public infrastructure, but what's the purpose of an office without electricity, access to a bathroom, privacy, storage, protection from the elements, and you need to haul away your desk and chair on the hour your time runs out?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Day Man posted:

Wasn’t there a Nathan For You sketch where he set up an office on the sidewalk as a rentable co-working space? I swear I can picture the scene, but wasn’t finding it on a quick google.

Nathan For You was amazing

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

SlothfulCobra posted:

I get that it's another one of those insane attempts to abuse public infrastructure, but what's the purpose of an office without electricity, access to a bathroom, privacy, storage, protection from the elements, and you need to haul away your desk and chair on the hour your time runs out?

It's "I'm so wacky and creative, pay attention to meeeeeeee"

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

SlothfulCobra posted:

it's a publicity stunt to send the message "if cities weren't wasting all this space on parking and other car infrastructure, think of what else we could do with that space instead...like put more offices there"

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Found it! It wasn’t Nathan For You, it was an Ileana scheme from an episode of Broad City:

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/age2r2/broad-city-the-birth-of-shework

https://www.cc.com/video-clips/21uyso/broad-city-shework-had-a-good-run

Day Man has issued a correction as of 22:45 on May 4, 2019

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Needs more cubicle partitions and corporate inspirational slogans imo

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe

pseudosavior posted:

sell your car, get an ebike.

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/futurism/status/1124054375712940033

quote:

In 2017, the sheriff’s office in Washington County, Oregon, became the first law enforcement agency to use Rekognition, Amazon’s facial recognition tool. Then, for two day in March 2019, the office granted journalists for The Washington Post access to its squad cars and facilities to observe how the technology was transforming cops’ operations.

What those journalists discovered was that officers were using Rekognition in ways far beyond what Amazon intended, including to identify unconscious suspects, people who refused to identify themselves, dead bodies, and even police sketches of faces — a startling example of how the tech is already being misused by law enforcement in the wild.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Uh, it's being used exactly as it was intended hth.

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
But wait, there's so much more!

https://www.businessinsider.com/facebook-global-security-mark-zuckerberg-executive-protection-2019-3

- panic chute

- panic room

- $10m budget for security

- security employees pretend to be software engineers to protect him while he works at his desk in an open office plan that nobody's allowed to park beneath in the garage for fear of carbombs

quote:

Such stalkers are classified as "BOLOs," short for "Be On the Look Out," a category of person barred from all Facebook property. If BOLOs use Facebook or the other apps the company owns, the security team may quietly use data drawn from these apps to monitor their location without telling them, CNBC previously reported.

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPKrdxiEkQ0

definitely watch this

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Socks4Hands posted:

But wait, there's so much more!

https://www.businessinsider.com/facebook-global-security-mark-zuckerberg-executive-protection-2019-3

- panic chute

- panic room

- $10m budget for security

- security employees pretend to be software engineers to protect him while he works at his desk in an open office plan that nobody's allowed to park beneath in the garage for fear of carbombs

at least the man is self-aware enough to realise that people actually legitimately want to murder him

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

pseudosavior posted:

"jail isnt real," i assure myself as i close my eyes and ram the parking space office desk with my lovely bronco

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

SlothfulCobra posted:

would the cops write a parking ticket for your desk and tow it?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Cool that's moms are stealing the drunk driver motto.

Senju Kannon
Apr 9, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
man how bad is a mom's life that so many are alcoholics and now apparently microdosing mushrooms

we gotta switch to a communal parenting paradigm quick, this atomic family poo poo is unsustainable

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

drugs are getting lamer every loving day

jesus christ

between microdosing this and that and vaping i am almsot ready to wash my hands of the whole thing

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Actually I think you'll find that shrooms own and know way more than we do.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

man even lovely suburban moms have better drug hookups than my dweeb rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYaZ57Bn4pQ