Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Steve Vader posted:

There's also a new poll about getting an old character updated. First round you can vote for 2.

Blade
Mockingbird
Daisy Johnson
Daredevil
Gamora
Rogue
Red Skull
Jessica Jones
Drax
Vision

Rogue's already pretty good, so I'm hoping one of the other ones wins it. One of the other ones that isn't a Nazi.

Also - the Tier 2 Mega Advancement Ticket in the Event Shop. This isn't as limited as a Selector, right? You can use one of these on just about anyone, including paywall jerks, right?

Overhaul my waifu Netmarble

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
I need Wesley Snipes’ Blade. I don’t care who has what rights.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
Hey I applied to Doctor Goons as Logicon. Is that the one to join these days or is there a more active one with free space?

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

DarkAvenger211 posted:

Hey I applied to Doctor Goons as Logicon. Is that the one to join these days or is there a more active one with free space?

We definitely have room although conquest is pretty much just me and occasionally a couple of other people will remember.

By the way, is there any reason for the Alliance raid? I usually forget to open it because it seems like the rewards are terrible.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

I hit 800 CCFs and I'm debating whether I should T3 Captain Marvel like I was planning or save up for Thanos. T3s are painful decisions.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Zokari posted:

I hit 800 CCFs and I'm debating whether I should T3 Captain Marvel like I was planning or save up for Thanos. T3s are painful decisions.

Agreed. I've got Thor, Iron Man and Thanos ready to T3 but I may hold out and see who the next few enabled are since I need 200 CCFs for the first two and a lot more for Thanos. I will say T3 Cap Marvel with her movie is pretty ridiculously good, one of my top characters easily.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I've got Panther and Cap as my first T3s, and I've almost got Thor to 70 and ready to T3, and I'm trying to get back up to 10 Combat Books so I can do Mr. Fantastic. If I don't, I suppose I'll continue work on Deadpool.

When I get the T2 Mega ticket, I'm pondering which paywall character to use it for. I'd have to shell out for X-Genes to get Juggernaut first (and I do like those big hulk-o-chunks), but I've got Sabretooth and Magik at 6 stars - although if I buy the X-Gene thing, I could probably get enough for Magik to put her over naturally.

Arachknight is technically not paywall, but I could save crystals (same with White Fox). Weapon Hex is also an option, as she's at 1*.

There's the impossible Blue Marvel/Anti-Man/Nova conundrum - all at 6* but unlikely to go any further without it.

Quasar is at 6*, Enchantress, Ghost Panther and Bear Girl are at 5*.

Then there's Nadia Van Dyne at 3*, Nick Fury at 2* and Ironheart, Hex, Carnage, Kid Kaiju at 1*. Fury would get me some Cap Marvel Legendary Battle bonuses, but I guess I'd have to get the costume, too.

Or I could save myself a lot of hassle with Gwenpool and Inferno, but I've got them both to 5* already, which feels too close to burn a ticket like that on.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Thor is a really good T3 i m h o

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Oh... having just realized Rocket is in his DnA uniform in the movie, getting that Endgame costume has suddenly become more important. Any word on how it compares to the Infinity War one?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I think you do need a char at six stars to be able to mega-t2 them. So that may limit your options. I bought one during Black Friday sales in 2017 I think and used it on Anti-man. Going to save this one for a new char unless it's time limited then I guess Ironheart gets it as she's my last 4x15 bio sub char.

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

Winner of the 'How Badly Will A Phone Game Milk Us Idiot Cash Cows?' Contest!

Answer: About $70USD for a bad character that unlocks the grind for another.

extra letters: star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-l

Steve Vader posted:

I've got Panther and Cap as my first T3s, and I've almost got Thor to 70 and ready to T3, and I'm trying to get back up to 10 Combat Books so I can do Mr. Fantastic. If I don't, I suppose I'll continue work on Deadpool.

When I get the T2 Mega ticket, I'm pondering which paywall character to use it for. I'd have to shell out for X-Genes to get Juggernaut first (and I do like those big hulk-o-chunks), but I've got Sabretooth and Magik at 6 stars - although if I buy the X-Gene thing, I could probably get enough for Magik to put her over naturally.

Arachknight is technically not paywall, but I could save crystals (same with White Fox). Weapon Hex is also an option, as she's at 1*.

There's the impossible Blue Marvel/Anti-Man/Nova conundrum - all at 6* but unlikely to go any further without it.

Quasar is at 6*, Enchantress, Ghost Panther and Bear Girl are at 5*.

Then there's Nadia Van Dyne at 3*, Nick Fury at 2* and Ironheart, Hex, Carnage, Kid Kaiju at 1*. Fury would get me some Cap Marvel Legendary Battle bonuses, but I guess I'd have to get the costume, too.

Or I could save myself a lot of hassle with Gwenpool and Inferno, but I've got them both to 5* already, which feels too close to burn a ticket like that on.

I have a T2 Quasar and she’s pretty mediocre. Enchantress had her day in the sun, but the game has moved on (see also Carnage, Kid Kaiju and Ironheart).

Fury is probably your best choice, followed by Ghost Panther and Weapon Hex.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

blue.eyed.ash posted:

Fury is probably your best choice, followed by Ghost Panther and Weapon Hex.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

bagrada posted:

I think you do need a char at six stars to be able to mega-t2 them. So that may limit your options. I bought one during Black Friday sales in 2017 I think and used it on Anti-man. Going to save this one for a new char unless it's time limited then I guess Ironheart gets it as she's my last 4x15 bio sub char.

Nope. Mega-t2 takes them all the way. You MAY have to at least have them at 1*, so you might not be able to grab a paywall that you don’t have any bios for, tho.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

navyjack posted:

Nope. Mega-t2 takes them all the way. You MAY have to at least have them at 1*, so you might not be able to grab a paywall that you don’t have any bios for, tho.

Yeah. I haven't unlocked Juggernaut yet so I don't think it would magically unlock him and THEN T2 him. I'd have to at least get him on the board.

So is Nick Fury actually really good? And how is Juggernaut?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

nick is one of the best support characters in the game and hes also pretty decent dps

juggernaut is a very good combat character

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

upper A or lower S tier i guess

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

navyjack posted:

A character needs to be six stars before you can use the Mega T2 ticket on them. They can be level 1 and have no mastery, but you have to have them at six stars before you get the Advancement option.

A normal T2 ticket only works on a six star, six mastery, level 60 with all gear at 20 character.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I tier 3 Thor back when he was the only Universal T3 and I had grinded up 10 of those books.
But now, there are better options. Captain Marvel with her cinematic uniform is Godly. She doesn't need the Tier 3 ability, but it helps and the stat pump is good.
Deadpool is maybe the best overall character at T3.
I'm making the grind for Thanos but hes a monster to feed all those BAM to.

I don't regret T3ing Thor then, but I'm not sure I'd list him as a priority now.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Thinking of using my mega 6* on Nova. The only other good character I can use it on who can't be farmed would be Crescent.

Of course it'll be forever until I can T2 either of them, so which is actually decent at T1?

E: I'm nearly about to cap on lab material and I think pounding it into Universal bios has the highest chance of producing bios for other unfarmable characters I don't have as well, so leaning towards Nova

Adult Sword Owner fucked around with this message at 22:07 on May 5, 2019

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

I'm between anti man and blue marvel. am seems perfectly great as a 6* but bm seems survivable but useless. or I guess I could shell out for juggernaut, nick fury or sabertooth too since I have a mega 6* ticket to burn

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

I'm between anti man and blue marvel. am seems perfectly great as a 6* but bm seems survivable but useless. or I guess I could shell out for juggernaut, nick fury or sabertooth too since I have a mega 6* ticket to burn

Somehow I missed that Anti-Man is also an option for me. On the ~reddit tier list~ Nova is S tier but Anti-Man is merely A tier.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i think realistically theyre both upper A tier now, theyre no longer abx meta, theyre no longer world boss meta, theyre no longer tl meta. theyre good but not great at shadowlands.

maybe even mid-A tier

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
Does anyone use a controller to play this? I tried hooking up my DS4 controller to my android and while it connected fine, I had incredibly bad input latency so it was basically unusable.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

As a big fan of the Ultimates, I have to admit they are outclassed now by 70s, T3s, uniform power creep, and UWB. They all three have those beams like Cable and Cyclops that can stunlock enemies until they die but they don't work on anything hard (like UWB). Nova is a bit better with his rotation and I used to use him in universal ABX but now I use Captain Marvel as she's far better at T3. Anti-Man was good with a high damage 5 but is a bit squishy for the harder stuff now. Blue Marvel was tankier but didn't have the damage they had. Anti-Man and Nova can do almost any 1-30 shadowlands you throw them at at T2 but then again a lot of easier to get chars can now as well.

Whether its worth getting them upgraded might come down to if you like the characters or their ability fx. I still like Nova and use him when I can, but I only use AM and BM anymore as easy partners to give Captain Marvel (CM) a group bonus for universal ABX.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I've T3ed Thor and I'm not noticing a huge difference in damage output as yet.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The big thing with T3 Thor is his 6 skill. It charges quickly, does a lot of damage, and keeps doing damage for awhile. And if you have multiple enemies on screen like in Alliance Battle it just kills everyone.

That being said he's not really top tier for me with stuff like WBU. He's right below.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

bagrada posted:

As a big fan of the Ultimates, I have to admit they are outclassed now by 70s, T3s, uniform power creep, and UWB. They all three have those beams like Cable and Cyclops that can stunlock enemies until they die but they don't work on anything hard (like UWB). Nova is a bit better with his rotation and I used to use him in universal ABX but now I use Captain Marvel as she's far better at T3. Anti-Man was good with a high damage 5 but is a bit squishy for the harder stuff now. Blue Marvel was tankier but didn't have the damage they had. Anti-Man and Nova can do almost any 1-30 shadowlands you throw them at at T2 but then again a lot of easier to get chars can now as well.

Whether its worth getting them upgraded might come down to if you like the characters or their ability fx. I still like Nova and use him when I can, but I only use AM and BM anymore as easy partners to give Captain Marvel (CM) a group bonus for universal ABX.

I guess I dont really need to rush it because its thankfully an inventory item and not a time limited inbox nonsense. I have no idea when theres going to be new characters introduced who I could use it on since the MCU hit its peak. I wonder if Dark Phoenix will even rate a costume if not a full new character.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Since they gave us those T2 selectors and reduced the cost of so many T2s I've upgraded like a dozen T2s in the last week or so and only have 31 T1 characters left and my current priority is to just finish all the ones that are easy to T2.

So I did a thing with Shadowland this week where i just decided to take down as many floors with my premium T1s until I was done. Ironheart, Valkyrie, Kid Kaiju, Quasar, Crescent, Killmonger, Spidey 2099, Enchantress, Arach Knight, Hyperion, Nova, and Anti-Man all soloed a floor and they're basically the options to use the Mega T2 ticket. But none of them stand out, I'll finish ArachKnight with the Hero Quest one of these times, and they all obviously have a use to clear a Shadowland floor. Valk seems like the only real temptation for her T2 buff.

I also have Ghost, Hope Pym, and the Sentinel at 1*. Nick Fury is still available for the bio sub but I probably won't grab him until there's a few more.

X Genes there's Gambit, Juggernaut, Magick, and Weapon Hex so I'm probably gone buy one of those packages soon. But I'll probably wait until we get another mutant update and one more gets added to the list and save the Mega T2 for then.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I've got 3 T2 tickets to use or save. I'll probably save, since this is what I'm looking at on the T2 cusp.

I've got White Tiger waiting to get 1000 Norns for natural T2.
Heimdall is 6* L60, but a long way to go to get to 4/20.
Korath is 20/20/17/15.
Magik is 20/20/19/16
Arachknight is 20/20/19/17 - I suppose I can burn crystals some point soon to see if I can't get him up to T2 in one more go-around, but I'm working on Jessica Jones now just because Cage is already T2
and I just burned the 6* Mega on Nick Fury, motherfucker.

Cheaper T2s:
Drax is just waiting for 70 more bios.
Black Cat (I like her, okay) needs 75 more and a little bit of nudging from 19 to 20 on three spots.
Ronin needs 68 bios.
Destroyer just needs 19 more bios.
Punisher only needs 14.
Iron Fist, Jessica Jones, Quake, Daredevil, all nearing 4/20.

None of these are too awful pressing, and I'm likely just going to burn through Hawkeye story missions to get him through first.

HEY. ROUND 2 OF CHARACTER POLL IS UP.

It's down to Vision, Gamora, Rogue, and Drax.

I'm... I'ma hafta to Guardians on this one... but you can only choose 1... do I pick the one I've almost got T2ed? Do I pick Drax The Destroyer over The Deadliest Woman in the Galaxy? Probably Gamora, in the hopes that her cool star-cape outfit might become playable.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

My dude, Archknight and Magick are mearly kind of ok, but the rest are a huge waste of your resources, and I don't mean that you could invest in them to get better, theyre just Very Bad

I say this as someone who put a lot into JJ and Quake: they were bad 3 years ago and have fallen impossibly behind

Adult Sword Owner fucked around with this message at 07:04 on May 7, 2019

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Indeed. Yet, psychologivally, I want to get everyone to T2 eventually. Just trying to round up the easier ones now to fight the temptation to do paywall things.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

of the top list, korath is the best one. of the bottom list, ronin is the best one

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Who's the better T3, Thanos or Wolverine? I have them both at 70 and 4/25, and can either do Wolverine now or Thanos whenever I get another 500ish dust. Current T3s are Mr.F, Spiderman, Captain america, thor, and deadpool, so I'm kinda leaning towards Thanos.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I don't have either at T3 yet but since you have Cap and Mr F as combat already I'd definitely go for Thanos out of those two. How is Mr Fantastic at T3? I've been thinking of working up the FF past 60 next.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i dont have wolverine but i do have thanos and hes great

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

bagrada posted:

I don't have either at T3 yet but since you have Cap and Mr F as combat already I'd definitely go for Thanos out of those two. How is Mr Fantastic at T3? I've been thinking of working up the FF past 60 next.

He's a glass cannon, in my experience. Offensive output is pretty good, but there's very little survivability compared to my other options. He's nearly useless in arena because of it, and his leadership isn't very good because it only works on the F4. I don't have a great obelisk on him, but I have equipped urus on all gear and I don't think he's worth doing more work. I'm probably doing something wrong, but I'm super disappointed in him.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

On ABX, are you supposed to go after the unkillable dog monster and do as much damage as you can, or avoid him and rack up points killing goons?

Warm Woolen Pants
Jan 13, 2008

If you know what I mean...
Here are the main characters I'm considering using the Mega T2 on:

Victorious (6*, 0 mastery)
Ghost Panther (6*, 3 mastery)
Colossus (6*, 6 mastery, 15 gear, have ~100 bios from premium sub stockpiled for gear)

I have some of the regularly recommended characters at T2 already: Fury, Luna, Gambit, Juggernaut, Shuri, Korath

I have the epic quests for X-Men and Fantastic Four and have spent most of my time working on the epic quests in general. Relevant characters for perspective:
Storm + Cyclops + Rogue at 5 stars (almost 6 on each)
Magneto at 6/6/19ish
Thing at 6/6/12
Human Torch at 6/6/15
Invisible Woman at 6/6/17
She-Hulk at 6/0/5
Crystal at 6/0/12 (a ton of bios stockpiled for gear, not sure exactly how many off-hand)

I've been burning all the regular bio selectors on Dr Strange epic quest characters and have most of them to their required star level, minus Clea and Satana who are both 1* I think.

So basically I'm torn between boosting Ghost Panther and having a very powerful general character, or boosting Victorious for the Fantastic Four epic quest. I'd really love Dr Doom some day.

Or maybe some other dark horse character? Help! I get overwhelmed too easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I've used Victorious more than Ghost Panther so I'm not sure how they measure up against each other but she's a perfectly decent char if you want to use it on her. She'll get stuff done for you and get you closer to an easy Doom unlock. Doom is less overpowered than Jean Grey, Deadpool, and Dr. Strange, but no one from their epic quests are really worth a mega T2.