Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Just getting Yoshi's Island on he console would be incredible, among other things but that would have me flinging poo poo at the walls like a rabid ape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

The inevitable SNES Nintendo Online rollout will be disappointing. Because it will never have Sunset Riders, Axelay or Turtles in Time.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Tom Gorman posted:

The inevitable SNES Nintendo Online rollout will be disappointing. Because it will never have Sunset Riders, Axelay or Turtles in Time.

weirdly enough, Konami recently approved a line of Sunset Riders merch at fangamer:
https://www.fangamer.com/collections/sunset-riders

I know that doesn't mean much, but at least someone at Konami remembers the game, and is willing to try to make money off it. So don't give up hope!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Did they approve a line of Turtles in Time?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

At least the superior western SNES game is on Switch.:clint:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbDXMn4tpaI

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Wild Guns Reloaded looks awesome but I remember it was like $40 and I think I heard a rumor or something it didn't have infinite continues. Is that true?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

TMNT Turtles In Time is still one the best arguments for why roms/emulation are essential to games history. because that game still loving owns and it'll never be ported to anything for 100 years

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
When SNES games are announced I will poo poo on my Switch.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I remember when I swore I would sacrifice anything to get Aliens Vs Predator arcade ported, and the gods hated me enough to grant my wish...

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

s.i.r.e. posted:

Just getting Yoshi's Island on he console would be incredible, among other things but that would have me flinging poo poo at the walls like a rabid ape.

[Edit: oh duuuuuuh you were talking about Yoshi's Island on the Switch, my bad]

Yoshi's Island comes stock, no hacking required.

I did, however, hack mine to add Chrono Trigger (how did you not get approval for that one, Nintendo) and Zombies Ate My Neighbors (I get why that one wasn't on it, but it's the best 2 player SNES game so I had to add it).

I threw on a couple more, like a fan translation of the best BTTF game and Super Star Wars, but other than that the lineup it comes with is solid.

Also if you hack it you can set Select + Down to kick you back out to the main menu, which is super convenient. I also recommend getting a 8BitDo controller and adapter for wireless couch convenience, but if you don't mind sitting close to your TV the controllers that come with it are awesome.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I remember when I swore I would sacrifice anything to get Aliens Vs Predator arcade ported, and the gods hated me enough to grant my wish...

Ugh

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If Capcom can put out a Disney Afternoon collection (still can't believe they never put it on Switch) maybe Konami could do a TMNT collection

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I've unlocked everything in Risk of Rain and don't want to spend the $40 to buy Binding of Isaac. What are some other good roguelike/lites for the Switch? I've seen a couple others but I'm not sure if they're work getting or not

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Len posted:

I've unlocked everything in Risk of Rain and don't want to spend the $40 to buy Binding of Isaac. What are some other good roguelike/lites for the Switch? I've seen a couple others but I'm not sure if they're work getting or not

Into the Breach which is a tactical turn based roguelite. Very good, incredibly solid design.

Enter the Gungeon is a pretty good Roguelike. Its had a bunch of huge free addons and changes and is a fun shmup/roguelike mashup.

Dead Cells was decent. It just got a big update thats supposedly really good.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Tumbleseed!

(watch a trailer and you'll immediately see if it might be your thing or not)

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Death Road to Canada is a good Oregon Trail type game with zombies

Crypt of the Necrodancer is a fantastic classic roguelike with a rhythm game twist, but the sequel is coming out soon and it's a crossover with Legend of Zelda, so you might want to wait for that

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Wild Guns Reloaded looks awesome but I remember it was like $40 and I think I heard a rumor or something it didn't have infinite continues. Is that true?

I’ve seen the physical version for sale in the last few months at GameStop and Playasia for like $20 -$25 lately. Not sure about continues. There is a pretty easy easy mode though for practicing.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Your Computer posted:

same, except the good ones

like Breath of Fire II

Yeah maybe if they retranslate it though because that series was atrocious back in the day.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Len posted:

DeadCells, Nuclear Throne, Enter the Gungeon, Tangledeep, and NeuroVoider are all good.

e: Darkwood is coming out soon as well.

Waffle! fucked around with this message at 05:18 on May 5, 2019

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Chronojam posted:

Yeah maybe if they retranslate it though because that series was atrocious back in the day.

I equip my lod and bait and throw this post back out into the ocean

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

my brain is drawing a blank so in the interest of discussion instead of googlin, what's a risk of rain

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Like 0% here, sky's completely clear today

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ciaphas posted:

my brain is drawing a blank so in the interest of discussion instead of googlin, what's a risk of rain

When it’s really cloudy and you go for a walk and don’t bring an umbrella

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

my god i should have asked google instead of people on the internet

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Chocobo's mufuckin' Dungeon :colbert:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Ciaphas posted:

my god i should have asked google instead of people on the internet

2d sidescroller game where you pick a guy and murder your way through thousands of things while collecting random items that help you murder things faster before you fight the final boss and win. You unlock new things into the item pool for completing achievements

I was gonna pick up BoI because it's similar although a twinstick shooter but lol at $40

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

ITB is hardly a rogue like. It's a fun game of kaiju chess that once you figure it out loses all challenge unless you like doing gimmick team runs.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Len posted:

2d sidescroller game where you pick a guy and murder your way through thousands of things while collecting random items that help you murder things faster before you fight the final boss and win. You unlock new things into the item pool for completing achievements

I was gonna pick up BoI because it's similar although a twinstick shooter but lol at $40

ohhhh yeah I remember now. i think i confused it in my brain because of risk of rain 2

(speaking of which, I gather that's something I should try too but that's not on switch afaik)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Smirking_Serpent posted:

It doesnt have them in coop, making coop unplayable unless you are all excellent at the game

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Len posted:

BoI is super gross in the "huh huh look at this" middle school fashion. It seems to be a decent enough game but the aesthetics are really offputting.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

Nephzinho posted:

ITB is hardly a rogue like. It's a fun game of kaiju chess that once you figure it out loses all challenge unless you like doing gimmick team runs.

Are you playing on easy or something mate

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Midjack posted:

BoI is super gross in the "huh huh look at this" middle school fashion. It seems to be a decent enough game but the aesthetics are really offputting.

Terrible aesthetic aside (artwork is quite good though!) BoI is a game that is so close to being an amazing game and has been since back when it was a Flash game, but which has consistently opted to introduce more problems rather than fix old ones. I've played the game more than I'd like to admit, but I can't really recommend it to anyone anymore.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

If I am going to get 1 is it Vesperia, Berseria or Torna?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Berseria

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
definitely.

not on the Switch tho

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Here's everything you need to get out of Vesperia

$60 saved

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Berseria is like $10 on sale on PSN right now and I’m hungry for an RPG but Dogma isn’t getting it done

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Your Computer posted:

Terrible aesthetic aside (artwork is quite good though!) BoI is a game that is so close to being an amazing game and has been since back when it was a Flash game, but which has consistently opted to introduce more problems rather than fix old ones. I've played the game more than I'd like to admit, but I can't really recommend it to anyone anymore.

Ditto. Rebirth was perfect when it came out, and everything released since then has been a half-step backwards. Even Greed Mode, which is fun as hell at times, is utterly kneecapped by the amount of worthless items you unlock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Zore posted:

Into the Breach which is a tactical turn based roguelite. Very good, incredibly solid design.

Enter the Gungeon is a pretty good Roguelike. Its had a bunch of huge free addons and changes and is a fun shmup/roguelike mashup.

Dead Cells was decent. It just got a big update thats supposedly really good.

Dead Cells imo was more than decent, I thought it was the best one of those in a while. I need to play the update.
Gungeon is pretty awesome very similar to Isaac without the terrible artstyle and lots of free content keeps making it bigger and bigger

I keep forgetting how many games I have on the switch. Like I will turn it on and think hmm what should I play and open Smash again