Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
I appreciate how invested some people are in disliking a show that hasn't even started filming.

TMMadman posted:

Ugh...

I don't understand why they think that setting a program many years past the original zombie outbreak is ever a good idea. I even found the whole 5 year time skip in TWD to be just utterly ridiculous.

My problem is that they definitely the zombies as actual walking corpses and so after 5 years, I feel like they would be all just liquefied goo. Hell, if the bodies followed the standard decomposition process they would start to turn into liquid goo about a month or so after they died, but I'm willing to let that slide for some time under the pretense that the zombie virus (or whatever it is) somehow keeps some of the body from decomposing for a time. However, I still don't think a zombie would 'live' for 5+ years.
Yeah, these zombies are so unrealistic, not like the more biologically accurate portrayal of zombies in that other show LOL.

Johnny Truant posted:

i got $5 on this new show pulling a Fear The Walking dead and saying "we're going to show THIS aspect of the zombie apocalypse!" then have it glossed over in five minutes and be back to lameass greywashed forest backgrounds with people bickering over how they have to do this, how we can't do this, but no we have to do this, but no we can't do this...

oh this sounds tight, can we just make this a topic change from TWD to Ruben Blades
I was fortunate enough to meet Ruben Blades back in the 90s when he was touring with his band, around the time he was running for office. Great performer and the audience in Toronto loved the concert from start to finish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Binary Logic posted:

I appreciate how invested some people are in disliking a show that hasn't even started filming.

well uh if anything that has Gimple is any indication...

Binary Logic posted:

I was fortunate enough to meet Ruben Blades back in the 90s when he was touring with his band, around the time he was running for office. Great performer and the audience in Toronto loved the concert from start to finish.

that's cool

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Binary Logic posted:

Yeah, these zombies are so unrealistic, not like the more biologically accurate portrayal of zombies in that other show LOL.

The other show (I'm assuming you mean Z-Nation) doesn't take itself seriously so it's a lot easier to ignore the whole 'zombies should be a self-limiting crisis'

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Binary Logic posted:

A regular complaint is that zombies should freeze in winter, meaning each year the North should be completely freed of them. But okay, we've ignored that so that the concept of the threat can continue. Except that in the last episode they showed that zombies will literally freeze and can have their heads shattered with ease... so, other than hibernation or mass migration, how do literally any zombies still remain in the TV show at this stage?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

They also did start showing zombies in higher states of decay but at some point that just stopped mattering. A severely decayed zombie is almost always just as strong as a fresh one.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I've always gone with the head-cannon that it's not a virus or anything like that, it's a magical curse with rules and conditions that fluctuate over time for reasons unknown. Zombies are not only caused by people dying and coming back, they also spawn in the wilderness in darkness like minecraft.

This doesn't help make the series in any way better or more watchable, but it does help me to turn off my brain so I can still enjoy the things about it that I still enjoy, even if those things are becoming fewer and further between as time draws on.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Chronojam posted:

They also did start showing zombies in higher states of decay but at some point that just stopped mattering. A severely decayed zombie is almost always just as strong as a fresh one.

Fear actually made a point to have the super fresh zombies be a bit faster and stronger than the ones we saw on TWD, but they seemed to forget that as it became "Beer and Ruined Protagonists: The Series"

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
A new ad for FTWD S5 was released yesterday, and, uh, uhmmmmm,...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odYD04lHqNo

What is going on at AMC? How does this happen?

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Cactus posted:

I've always gone with the head-cannon that it's not a virus or anything like that, it's a magical curse with rules and conditions that fluctuate over time for reasons unknown. Zombies are not only caused by people dying and coming back, they also spawn in the wilderness in darkness like minecraft.

This doesn't help make the series in any way better or more watchable, but it does help me to turn off my brain so I can still enjoy the things about it that I still enjoy, even if those things are becoming fewer and further between as time draws on.

To paraphrase Arthur C Clarke: “Any sufficiently threatening zombie plague is indistinguishable from magic."

ProperCoochie posted:

Yeah, that looks a lot better than previous seasons. Maybe with Z Nation off the air, AMC has adopted some of that's show's dark humour.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Christ S5 of FTWD looks bad. I still miss Madison and her obsession with her family.

I reckon this new spinoff will have some stupid textspeak name like WTDx10. It is Gimple and it's aimed at teens, isn't it?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
how can anyone watch that trailer and get excited lmao

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
that trailer has the same energy as this

https://twitter.com/FearTWD/status/1042838261222264832

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

ProperCoochie posted:

I still hate that stupid machine gun barrel improvised weapon that Alicia has.
This show looks so bad. I ultimately ended up just deleting the second half of last season off of my DVR instead of forcing myself to watch it.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I would agree with it having "humor" if Alicia cocked the barrel like a shotgun and a shell flew out

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

hahaha that trailer is amazing. wannabe Matrix circular camera shots and wind strong enough to blow a Stetson off dude's head but not enough to rustle the trees.

Still blows my mind that Alicia's actor left The 100, an actual good show, for this mess

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Another way to make that interesting is if the kids have radioactive super powers and caused his hat to come off

then they use their powers to put the hat on their head instead

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

Another way to make that interesting is if the kids have radioactive super powers and caused his hat to come off

then they use their powers to put the hat on their head instead

or one of them is absolutely deadly with a slingshot uhh a yo-yo and the other is deaf gently caress uh a synaesthete

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Alicia holds that heat shield in such a weird way

Like a baseball bat but it's the size of one of those novelty bats on free bat day at the stadium

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Johnny Truant posted:

hahaha that trailer is amazing. wannabe Matrix circular camera shots and wind strong enough to blow a Stetson off dude's head but not enough to rustle the trees.

Not the Matrix. It's a take-off of The Avengers battle in New York.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-YXnfFym7c&t=123s

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 11:13 on May 8, 2019

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Binary Logic posted:

Not the Matrix. It's a take-off of The Avengers battle in New York.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-YXnfFym7c&t=123s

Urgh. I was like 'WTF is this Star Wars music?!' Hopefully they'll make a supercut of all the Strand scenes and another of all the Dorie scenes so I can just watch the two most entertaining, hardest working actors on this show.

I finally finished watching Deadwood, and it made me nostalgic for S3; plus I also thought it was kind of funny comparing the two shows. Dayton Callie and Kim Dickens's characters in DW were so pleasant/nice to each other, and in Fear they were just absolute shitheads to each other. Anyone know if they gave interviews during S3 talking about working together again/the difference between their work together on the two shows?

And I might have said it before, but Dillahunt's character in Fear seems like a rejected third DW character for him. He was a monster in S1, a bigger monster in S2, and in Fear he's a pleasant, nice good guy cowboy type.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Can we talk about S9 here? Didint found any other thread

Just a question: why did Jadis had to flee Alexandria? People were a little suspicious of her (understandably) but she wanst being threatened or anything (that I remember), and she was getting along with Rick and Gabriel. But then all of a sudden she was desperate to flee (her own words). Why?

I didint understood that, I must have missed something

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Elias_Maluco posted:

Just a question: why did Jadis had to flee Alexandria? People were a little suspicious of her (understandably) but she wanst being threatened or anything (that I remember), and she was getting along with Rick and Gabriel. But then all of a sudden she was desperate to flee (her own words). Why?

Gabriel found out she was doing human trafficking on the side, so she snapped up Rick as she was bailing out.

Her spot in the community was pretty well effed since she couldn't bring herself to kill Gabriel or trade him to the helicopter people.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Hey thread, I noped out on this show after the episode where Rick dies and kid Judith is introduced in the most cringe worth moment i've seen in years.

Thing is I've ran out of stuff to watch, does the quality pick up at all? I like Neegan and if there's plenty of him in the remainder of the season just doing his thing i'm much more likely to give it a shot.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/6TK7UAq.gifv

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Not looking at the gif but it looks like Negan riding a bike which looks cool. If you were trying to spoil some important plot point in the show though you're an rear end.

edit: if it was posted as a response to specifically spoil me, obv spoilers can run wild itt

Just Chamber fucked around with this message at 02:36 on May 18, 2019

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Just Chamber posted:

but it looks like Negan riding a bike which looks cool.

Lol oh my sweet summer child

No, the show doesn't get any better, in fact it gets much worse. Watch the gif, it's not major spoilers

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Johnny Truant posted:

Lol oh my sweet summer child

No, the show doesn't get any better, in fact it gets much worse. Watch the gif, it's not major spoilers

lool ok yea i watched it, very good bravo to whoever edited that.

It was edited right? I can't tell with this show any more.

Is that Negan escaping and the one person who brings him to justice is Sheriff Judith?

And does it get so bad it turns the corner into entertainingly bad? Because I can get down with that.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Just Chamber posted:

lool ok yea i watched it, very good bravo to whoever edited that.

It was edited right? I can't tell with this show any more.

Is that Negan escaping and the one person who brings him to justice is Sheriff Judith?

And does it get so bad it turns the corner into entertainingly bad? Because I can get down with that.

I purposefully didn't mention if it was edited or not to see if you could tell

The fact that you can't should tell you alllllll about this show nowadays

moist made that gif, he's the only good thing happening in TWD anymore

Fake edit: to answer your last question, no, it stays firmly in the bad category

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Welp that's a shame. I might end up in the future just giving it a shot because it's always fun to hate watch it with goons but i'll leave it for now.

Plus i'm guessing the big moment in the season is the reveal that the zombies are people wearing masks and I knew that a while ago, maybe some of the things i heard claiming the show gets better were just people riding high off that SHOCKING reveal.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Elias_Maluco posted:

I always figured she was some kind of Helicopter Agent and her time in Junktown and/or Alexandria was limited before she flew to her home planet.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

LadyPictureShow posted:

Gabriel found out she was doing human trafficking on the side, so she snapped up Rick as she was bailing out.

Her spot in the community was pretty well effed since she couldn't bring herself to kill Gabriel or trade him to the helicopter people.

I remember that, but she was already fleeing when Gabriel followed her and found all that. He found her in the junkyard calling the chopter guys to pick her up. Why she was fleeing in the first place is the question

Astroman posted:

I always figured she was some kind of Helicopter Agent and her time in Junktown and/or Alexandria was limited before she flew to her home planet.

Yeah, maybe that's something they will still explain

Elias_Maluco fucked around with this message at 13:34 on May 18, 2019

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Kinda of a blurry image, but is that Whoopi?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Hey friendos! Fear the Walking Dead is back tonight, so I look forwards to Tuesday or Wednesday when all of us eventually go 'Oh yeah, it started again'.

I am middlingly interested because I just found out Matt Frewer is in the cast this season (as who, I don't know), and that guy is always a treat.

On the downside, it sounds like it's gonna be a boatload of Gimple's favorite... bottle episodes.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

LadyPictureShow posted:

Hey friendos! Fear the Walking Dead is back tonight, so I look forwards to Tuesday or Wednesday when all of us eventually go 'Oh yeah, it started again'.

I am middlingly interested because I just found out Matt Frewer is in the cast this season (as who, I don't know), and that guy is always a treat.

On the downside, it sounds like it's gonna be a boatload of Gimple's favorite... bottle episodes.

To be fair, the single best episode of last season with June and Dorie was basically a bottle episode. The overarching stuff was so hilariously inept last time, that bottle episodes at least have a chance of being interesting.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
Is there no FTWD thread? I thought someone made one earlier.
I'm always disappointed to find new posts here and to discover it's about Fear.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

JossiRossi posted:

To be fair, the single best episode of last season with June and Dorie was basically a bottle episode. The overarching stuff was so hilariously inept last time, that bottle episodes at least have a chance of being interesting.

Christ, that was the first half of last season.

Taear posted:

Is there no FTWD thread? I thought someone made one earlier.
I'm always disappointed to find new posts here and to discover it's about Fear.

This became the general purpose Walking Dead thread years ago. I mean, the title alone just says it all.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

I actually liked the trailer so I have my hopes up, even though I know I shouldn't.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Boinks posted:

I actually liked the trailer so I have my hopes up, even though I know I shouldn't.

Was an ok first episode, plenty happened.

Al thinking she's going to win a Pulitzer is getting real loving old though.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Max Headroom is in ur base, killin ur doods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
The new episode of Fear opens with Our Heroes almost kamikaze crashing into two children.

10/10