Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Weren't real medieval heraldic symbols historically garish as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Nah, they were boring to weird. It was the 1700’s and on that they got super dumb.

I know this is a frustrating question, but there are a lot of click bait articles: has there been ANY news about the next book being released this year?

Edit: see my Heraldry Thread in PYF with balls boobs and hosed up hair people on shields

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Professor Shark posted:

I know this is a frustrating question, but there are a lot of click bait articles: has there been ANY news about the next book being released this year?

.... no dude

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
What has been done may never be done.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Randarkman posted:

Why the gently caress are they shooting their bows like that? Was this in the show.

Shooting their bows like that is how the Mongolians conquered half the world.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Professor Shark posted:

Nah, they were boring to weird. It was the 1700’s and on that they got super dumb.

Edit: see my Heraldry Thread in PYF with balls boobs and hosed up hair people on shields

Link pls

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Shooting their bows like that is how the Mongolians conquered half the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er5DrGvaTDw

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Professor Shark posted:

has there been ANY news about the next book being released this year?

LMAO

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Me, dedicating hours of my life complaining about a tv show: :smith:

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

There’s gotta be something- a few years ago he was releasing chapters, which was encouraging and showed he was actually doing something :shrug:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Professor Shark posted:

There’s gotta be something- a few years ago he was releasing chapters, which was encouraging and showed he was actually doing something :shrug:

The preview chapters for book 6 are the same ones that were deleted chapters for book 5.

He hasn't written anything new since 2010.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Good.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

The preview chapters for book 6 are the same ones that were deleted chapters for book 5.

He hasn't written anything new since 2010.

I did not realize this. loving wow / :lol: / yikes

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/Authoroux/status/1124083761837162498?s=19

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

This except completely opposite based on the Normal People I speak to. Like, 100% of the people I talk to at work believe the show has gotten better and is way less boring now. I sound like a bitter weirdo when I tell them I don’t like it any more but want to see the conclusion of the series.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

This is good. The only thing I would add is having Howland Reed show up at the end and give Arya a smile and thumbs up after she stabs the NK in the back. :v:

Also:

lol D&D are such as hack frauds

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Reminder that the Mongol hordes had the best weapons system in the world (efficient, accurate horse archers) until the invention of firearms, but on GoT the show, they use curved swords like a bunch of chumps.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Professor Shark posted:

This except completely opposite based on the Normal People I speak to. Like, 100% of the people I talk to at work believe the show has gotten better and is way less boring now. I sound like a bitter weirdo when I tell them I don’t like it any more but want to see the conclusion of the series.

I refuse to talk about at work now because I got asked "wasn't last night's episode amazing?" about ep3 and my simple "no" seemed to crush the heart and soul of a coworker.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I have been saying that it looked really cool and a lot of cool stuff happened

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

The Walrus posted:

I have been saying that it looked really cool and a lot of cool stuff happened

I just slap the GoT cartridge into my Face Time Party Snoozer

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Nobody posted the stuff from the episode 4 leak yet? Here you go: https://video.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t42.90...379&oe=5CCF16E7

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Parkingtigers posted:

Nobody posted the stuff from the episode 4 leak yet? Here you go: https://video.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t42.90...379&oe=5CCF16E7

lol

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

aphid_licker posted:

Just look at this poo poo

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/47/a9/48/47a9486ff532cff65aeee3b152c64f6b--ice.jpg
https://www.sporcle.com/games/PrincessMartell/coats-of-arms-vassal-picture-click

It's not even "oh it's just house dingleberry who cares", just look at that garish disaster he slapped on Stannis

Tag yourself, I’m the rainbow guard. :mmmsmug:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

:discourse:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Professor Shark posted:

Yeah. I brought up last week’s episode to my boss, and before I had a chance to say anything, they launched into a big spiel about how awesome it was and what a great episode.

:pusheen:

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

"she said she read some people are disappointed with the last episode..."

"what?!? really! how? why????"

exact transcription from the table next to me at lunch yesterday

people like it and we the eternal goon raising our finger and muttering "but..."

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

Parkingtigers posted:

Here's the other clip that has leaked so far. Two videos, two deaths:

https://video.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t42.90...8cd&oe=5CCF194C

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Parkingtigers posted:

Jesus christ lol

Parkingtigers posted:

Jesus loving christ lol

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Looks stupid. I love it.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Isn't that.. exactly what the last round of spoilers said would happen? So Jon killing Dany is guaranteed?

edited for spoiler tag because i can't remember if this is one of the 8 threads for the show on the forums that cares

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
lmao did they not have ballistae when aegon conquered

Like why were dragons ever considered a threat if you can one shot them that easily even without a magic ice javelin

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

yeah rip

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Parkingtigers posted:

needs laughtrack, building as each bolt lands

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
Full episode details:

- Opens with a mass cremation after the Battle of Winterfell. Characters mourn the deaths of their friends.
- Cut to the victory celebration. Tormund praises Jon and Arya for winning the battle. Dany looks on with envy. Gendry can't find Arya at the party and goes out to search for her, but Dany meets with him and makes him Lord of Storm's End.
- Jaime praises Brienne and while playing a game... <something I don't understand> they make out and end up having sex.
- Gendry finds Arya and they kiss. Gendry wants to be with Arya, but she tells him she does not want to be with him.
- Dany and Jon talk about his true identity. Dany does not want anyone else to know about it as she will lose her claim to the Iron Throne.
- Tyrion and Jaime meet with Bronn, who has come to assassinate them on Qyburn's orders. Tyrion tells Bronn he will pay double of whoever sent him to not kill anyone. Bronn heads back to King's Landing (?)
- Jon, Arya, Sansa, and Bran talk about Jon's true identity.
- Everyone is separated from Tormund. <something I don't understand> Jon gives him Ghost.
- <something I don't understand about not hurrying to King's landing but going anyway>
- Arya leaves Winterfell <something about The Hound following her?>
- Tyrion talks to Varys about distrust and betrayal (?).
- Dany's army marches on Dragonstone, Missandei and Grey Worm travel by ship. Dany rides her dragon, while Jon is on land.
- On the way Rhaegal is shot with arrows in the chest and neck and falls into the sea. Missandei is captured and taken to King's Landing (?)
- Cersei crams innocent citizens inside the Red Keep to prevent Dany's army from entering. Her reasoning being that Dany would have to kill citizens in order to let her army through, and thus she would never be accepted as a queen by the people of the Seven Kingdoms for committing such an atrocity <according to a leak a crush occurs during this scene and Arya and The Hound are present>.
- Dany leads the army to King's Landing to allow Tyrion to negotiate with Cersei. Cersei orders The Mountain to cut off Missandei's head. Greyworm looks away and Dany's blood runs cold as she watches.
End

I think this is legit. The two vids match, and I've seen a pic (too lazy to rehost) confirming the Jaime thing. Anyway, here you go.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Damo posted:

lmao did they not have ballistae when aegon conquered

Like why were dragons ever considered a threat if you can one shot them that easily even without a magic ice javelin

No one ever tried stabbing the ice man and no one ever tried shooting a dragon. People in westeros aren't very smart

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Parkingtigers posted:

how embarrassing

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

jokes posted:

Jesus christ lol

Jesus loving christ lol

Love Emilia Clarke's broad range of "mildly concerned/distressed face" whether it's when some random attendant dies or whether it's one of her "children."

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Okay so was Bronn just beating off when he took twenty-five years to load the loving thing in an earlier season, then? ALSO, GOD drat IT DANY. LEARN THE gently caress TO ACT. LEARN TO ACT. HAVE A SINGLE loving EMOTION. YOUR CHILD JUST DIED. MY AMAZING AWESOME DOG DIED ALMOST TWO YEARS AGO AND MY WORTHLESS rear end STILL TEARS UP WHEN I RANDOMLY FIND A REALLY GREAT PICTURE OF HIM UNEXPECTEDLY.

TWO FUCKIN' YEARS.

YOUR rear end JUST WATCHED IT GO DOWN.

FEEL A FEELING YOU BLONDE BITCH

E: Are we sure that's episode 4 and not episode 5? Because I can't even begin to make sense out of the setting. how the gently caress did they teleport THAT FAST down to king's landing? shouldn't they be regrouping in episode 4?

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Crazy Uncle doing sick 360 semiautomatic noscopes on a flying target while moored on a boat bobbing in the sea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
just lmao that our heroes are going to struggle longer and harder, and lose more main characters in a battle vs urine and sirsee instead of against the literal magical apocalyptic legendary endless ice zombie horde that has been biding their time for 8000 years to take over the world

also urine and circee just noped out of fighting the zombies and let the north handle it and it worked. like they dont have to pay any price for their hubris in sitting out such a pivotal conflict that should have threatened the whole continent

this show owns