Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

haaaaaaaaaaaack fraudssssssssss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

Sky Shadowing posted:

These leaks are looking terrifyingly more accurate.

Clips were just leaked of Euron's fleet killing Rhaegal and Missandei being executed.

Told you

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018
The only part of the spoilers I don't like is Jaime betraying the North. Seems like it'll have to come out of nowhere

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I've been mostly positive towards the show (Dorne never happened) but those leaks are looking really loving weird. What's the point of Jaime's redemption arc if he just goes and does that?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

TheRat posted:

I've been mostly positive towards the show (Dorne never happened) but those leaks are looking really loving weird. What's the point of Jaime's redemption arc if he just goes and does that?

Themes are for 8th grade book reports.

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

TheRat posted:

If he ends up with Cersei, it's like a bookend, like poetry....

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Its Coke posted:

The only part of the spoilers I don't like is Jaime betraying the North. Seems like it'll have to come out of nowhere

Jaime literally can't betray the North because he pledged loyal to the living iirc, not the North and not to Dany. He also said he would do everything all over again to protect his family which I guess is D&D's version of foreshadowing.

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

Koalas March posted:

Jaime literally can't betray the North because he pledged loyal to the living iirc, not the North and not to Dany. He also said he would do everything all over again to protect his family which I guess is D&D's version of foreshadowing.

I mean it's still dumb as gently caress because his whole arc is realizing what a monster Cersei is

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
NCW has outright said he's very happy with Jaime's ending, and he's been a well-documented critic of how Show Jaime's arc is vastly inferior to Book Jaime.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
The two guys talking about themes not mattering are working on an alternate history where the US Confederacy won the Civil War.

No themes in that I guess, I guess they just want the spectacle of slavery on screen

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

Mike N Eich posted:

The two guys talking about themes not mattering

Wait are they explicitly saying that

Its Coke fucked around with this message at 16:20 on May 5, 2019

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Didn't that show get canceled? If not I hope it's good. There's a lot of interesting things they can do with that premise, but I doubt it will be anymore than a "rebels inside the confederacy are fighting against slavery" type of story.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

TheRat posted:

There's a big difference between 'Jaime betrays Dany to keep Cersei in power' and 'Jaime betrays Dany to smuggle Cersei out of a burning city'. So long as they make it clear he's only willing to do the latter I'd say the character has definitely progressed.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

xtothez posted:

There's a big difference between 'Jaime betrays Dany to keep Cersei in power' and 'Jaime betrays Dany to smuggle Cersei out of a burning city'. So long as they make it clear he's only willing to do the latter I'd say the character has definitely progressed.

Agreed. I won't mind any of the leaks as long as there's a decent storyline behind them. Also I thought all of this was supposed to be ep 4 leaks but I've been made aware it's for the entire rest of the season so that leaves a lot more room to actually explain poo poo.

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018
Here's a leak list that makes more sense and sounds more satisfying https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/bk8e4e/episode_4_predictionsspoilersrelevant_links/emjwgn1/

Hoping since these claim to be firsthand and the others claim to be secondhand that they'll end up being closer

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I always assumed Dany would go mad and Jon would kill her so I'm happy they're doing that instead of giving her a disney-princess ending like a lot of people feared.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Its Coke posted:

Here's a leak list that makes more sense and sounds more satisfying https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/bk8e4e/episode_4_predictionsspoilersrelevant_links/emjwgn1/

Hoping since these claim to be firsthand and the others claim to be secondhand that they'll end up being closer

Already debunked partially since we have clips showing Rhaegal getting killed in Episode 4.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Its Coke posted:

Wait are they explicitly saying that

Harlock posted:

This interview D&D gave during season 5 is all you have to know about the philosophy of working on this show behind the scenes:

"The story lines move forward and dig deeper as the episodes progress but rarely circle back and almost never pause for reflection. When I asked Benioff and Weiss if it was possible to infer any overall intentionality to the upcoming 10 episodes, they sneered. “Themes are for eighth-grade book reports,” Benioff told me."

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Sky Shadowing posted:

Already debunked partially since we have clips showing Rhaegal getting killed in Episode 4.

Do we know for sure those clips are ep4 then? Because the Missandei clip seems to have Grey Worm standing in downtown King's Landing which feels really early to be in ep4.

E: Sign me the gently caress up for this:

quote:

The big Dire Wolf scenes happen in ep.’s 5-6, no more wolves die.

:toot:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Its Coke posted:

I mean it's still dumb as gently caress because his whole arc is realizing what a monster Cersei is

How does that figure into raping his twin sister on top of their firstborn's corpse?

Book Jaime is already further along down this redemption path than endgame show Jaime.

Basically everybody is a cartoon at this point. What a dumb show.

TheRat posted:

Do we know for sure those clips are ep4 then? Because the Missandei clip seems to have Grey Worm standing in downtown King's Landing which feels really early to be in ep4.

The show makes liberal use of teleporters. Remember the NK's death scene?

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

Sky Shadowing posted:

We don't know for sure it's in episode 4. But we will know for sure the legitimacy of those leaks (which my gut tells me are real) in just 10 hours

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Propaganda Machine posted:

The show makes liberal use of teleporters. Remember the NK's death scene?

It's not really about travel time, more about the amount of story that needs to be told before we get to that point.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The group is saying they have episode 5 too but there's no proof of that yet.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Mad Queen Dany is a brilliant ending, because gently caress themes! I wonder if the King Bran part also comes true in that scenario.

However, how exactly does Dany do this? I mean she obviously loses another dragon, Cersei learned that having multiple ballista or at least shooting a lot with them is a good idea and Dany's army shouldn't be that huge anymore, while king's landing still isn't that easy to capture, right?
Or was last episode just a lie, and her army is still doing fine?

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Seemingly real 4chan leak with clips to boot.

Missandei is beheaded by the Mountain, Rhaegal gets killed by Euron. Jon is not really into fighting down south at all.

Oh and Bolvar Fordragon.

Oh please just straight up copy World of Warcraft that really is the perfect ending to this

kater
Nov 16, 2010

There’s only three people in Kong’s Lansing

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dany going off the rails has at least been vaguely hinted at and she's always shown she's not an amazing ruler.

It's better than her remaining her getting just everything she wants.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I was thinking the best course of action is to do a Clue style final episode where there are 3 endings and the viewer can decide what they like best.

Do one where Jon takes the throne.

Do one where cercie keeps the throne.

And do the fan favorite wild card ending:

Tormund takes the throne and forces everyone in Kings landing to drink giants milk in preparation for the next invasion of the night king.

He also marries Brianne and fucks a dragon.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

quote:

Qyburn is revealed to have his own agenda.

This has me excited. I've felt for a while that they were building to something with Qyburn. I can't wait to see what it is.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
I don’t understand how surprise attacks are still a thing when the three eyed raven exists. Also, shouldn’t there at least be one or two civilians that could warn Winterfell if they see a massive army marching through the north?

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Koalas March posted:

There is a video of Euron killing Rheagal lol

So it looks like Mad Dany killed by Jon may be true and I'm ready and excited for the mess that the rest of this season will be 😂

I know Jon has plot armor and has to live to the end no matter what but c'mon man.

Also that Missandei clip.... wow. People are going to be pissed. Grey Worm really sells the grief there tho and Dany is going full crazy Targ eyes, they're definitely going to try and sell the mad queen heel turn.

Qybyrn's big plans.... new NK?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

lol if they kill the only two PoC left on the named cast.

Snipee posted:

I don’t understand how surprise attacks are still a thing when the three eyed raven exists. Also, shouldn’t there at least be one or two civilians that could warn Winterfell if they see a massive army marching through the north?
The Umbers (Right?) that didn't show for the battle for the dawn will turn out to be traitors, what a twist!

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Goons Are Great posted:

Or was last episode just a lie, and her army is still doing fine?

Put me down for this. There's gonna be a whole bunch of unsullied for no reason.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Crimpolioni posted:

Put me down for this. There's gonna be a whole bunch of unsullied for no reason.
P sure the previeuw already showed a bunch of Dorhraki anyway.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I dunno if I have much sympathy for Grey Worm when he openly pulled the drawbridge on the Unsullied last episode instead of standing and fighting to the end with his men.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://twitter.com/HBO_UK/status/1124694428164214787

they better not be memeing me about my boy.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
WHAT

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018
:pray:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Parkingtigers posted:

Full episode details:

- Opens with a mass cremation after the Battle of Winterfell. Characters mourn the deaths of their friends.
- Cut to the victory celebration. Tormund praises Jon and Arya for winning the battle. Dany looks on with envy. Gendry can't find Arya at the party and goes out to search for her, but Dany meets with him and makes him Lord of Storm's End.
- Jaime praises Brienne and while playing a game... <something I don't understand> they make out and end up having sex.
- Gendry finds Arya and they kiss. Gendry wants to be with Arya, but she tells him she does not want to be with him.
- Dany and Jon talk about his true identity. Dany does not want anyone else to know about it as she will lose her claim to the Iron Throne.
- Tyrion and Jaime meet with Bronn, who has come to assassinate them on Qyburn's orders. Tyrion tells Bronn he will pay double of whoever sent him to not kill anyone. Bronn heads back to King's Landing (?)
- Jon, Arya, Sansa, and Bran talk about Jon's true identity.
- Everyone is separated from Tormund. <something I don't understand> Jon gives him Ghost.
- <something I don't understand about not hurrying to King's landing but going anyway>
- Arya leaves Winterfell <something about The Hound following her?>
- Tyrion talks to Varys about distrust and betrayal (?).
- Dany's army marches on Dragonstone, Missandei and Grey Worm travel by ship. Dany rides her dragon, while Jon is on land.
- On the way Rhaegal is shot with arrows in the chest and neck and falls into the sea. Missandei is captured and taken to King's Landing (?)
- Cersei crams innocent citizens inside the Red Keep to prevent Dany's army from entering. Her reasoning being that Dany would have to kill citizens in order to let her army through, and thus she would never be accepted as a queen by the people of the Seven Kingdoms for committing such an atrocity <according to a leak a crush occurs during this scene and Arya and The Hound are present>.
- Dany leads the army to King's Landing to allow Tyrion to negotiate with Cersei. Cersei orders The Mountain to cut off Missandei's head. Greyworm looks away and Dany's blood runs cold as she watches.
End

I think this is legit. The two vids match, and I've seen a pic (too lazy to rehost) confirming the Jaime thing. Anyway, here you go.

lmao to the bolded part

leaked spoilers are going to be true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

lol come on. no way