Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

TheAardvark posted:

Isn't that.. exactly what the last round of spoilers said would happen? So Jon killing Dany is guaranteed?

edited for spoiler tag because i can't remember if this is one of the 8 threads for the show on the forums that cares

https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/a4ea1k/spoilers_i_know/em1rby4/

looks like the spoilers are on track for being real

Parkingtigers posted:

Full episode details:

- Cut to the victory celebration. Tormund praises Jon and Arya for winning the battle. Dany looks on with envy. Gendry can't find Arya at the party and goes out to search for her, but Dany meets with him and makes him Lord of Storm's End.

I think this is legit. The two vids match, and I've seen a pic (too lazy to rehost) confirming the Jaime thing. Anyway, here you go.

ahahah that spoiler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
oh no, the character who is memorable for having the same name as Melissandre and for (?) is going to die?

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

oh no, the character who is memorable for having the same name as Melissandre and for (?) is going to die?

she got bigger titties than melissandre :cmon:

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

let's not ever do something stupid like flying the dragons higher, above the clouds perhaps

lol

haha

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

:shobon: I like her and I think shes a good character.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

im glad cersei is going to win the election

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

A Handed Missus posted:

im glad cersei is going to win the election

teump

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

A Handed Missus posted:

let's not ever do something stupid like flying the dragons higher, above the clouds perhaps

lol

haha

It's cold up there.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

1 ep on night king 3 on cersei lmao

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
it's cool how jaime is gonna undo all his character growth over 8 seasons at the last minute by siding with cersei cause he's gonna be jealous that urine is banging her

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

:laffo:

e: I hope he was just hanging out with Meera this whole time

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
The worst thing about season 8 for us is that we're watching the 4K blu ray re-release of Season 1 and holy poo poo it rules. The contrast between that and the Season 8 dumpster fire is almost unbearable.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

khaleesi dies next week when she flies above the clouds, passes out from lack of oxygen and tumbles to the earth

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

poverty goat posted:

khaleesi dies next week when she flies above the clouds, passes out from lack of oxygen and tumbles to the earth

:pray:

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

poverty goat posted:

Hillary Clinton winemoms would implode

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Qyburn will make Ned Stark the new Night King by gluing his head onto Missandei's neck

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Is it over yet? Who won? I'll be in the ham thread if you need me.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Either DnD are actually brain damaged idiots or they just have an incredibly deep smoldering resentment/hatred for this show

the latter of which I can respect

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

jon was supposed to be on that dragon

maker
Jun 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

poverty goat posted:

everyone and everything is poo poo

piss defeats poo poo

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

At some point this show switched from Fantasy to a game show about killing off expensive CGI creatures that made it popular

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Phi230 posted:

Either DnD are actually brain damaged idiots or they just have an incredibly deep smoldering resentment/hatred for this show

the latter of which I can respect

Sadly writing out of pure contempt and writing for the fans is at this point indistinguishable to an outside observer, leading many to have undeserved respect for the writers.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

steinrokkan posted:

Sadly writing out of pure contempt and writing for the fans is at this point indistinguishable to an outside observer, leading many to have undeserved respect for the writers.

The Hideaki Anno approach.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/Hi_I_Am_Pyke/status/1125062408333086721

https://twitter.com/Hi_I_Am_Pyke/status/1125067209120911360

https://twitter.com/Hi_I_Am_Pyke/status/1125070980584439808

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Shooting their bows like that is how the Mongolians conquered half the world.

I don't think the Mongolians knelt untop of their saddles like they were doing some sort of trick on a surfboard. A trick which completely negating the advantages of not only their stirrups (which were specifically invented by steppe peoples to aid in horse archery) but their saddles as well, rendering them extremely vulnerable to being thrown off their horses.

So you are wrong. And I have a hard time imagining how it seemed I was not commenting on the avove and instead was baffled that horse archery (which was not invented by the Mongols) exists.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

lmao

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
- Opens with a mass cremation after the Battle of Winterfell. Characters mourn the deaths of their friends.
- Cut to the victory celebration. Tormund praises Jon and Arya for winning the battle. Dany looks on with envy. Gendry can't find Arya at the party and goes out to search for her, but Dany meets with him and makes him Lord of Storm's End.
- Jaime praises Brienne and while playing a game... <something I don't understand> they make out and end up having sex.
- Gendry finds Arya and they kiss. Gendry wants to be with Arya, but she tells him she does not want to be with him.
- Dany and Jon talk about his true identity. Dany does not want anyone else to know about it as she will lose her claim to the Iron Throne.
- Tyrion and Jaime meet with Bronn, who has come to assassinate them on Qyburn's orders. Tyrion tells Bronn he will pay double of whoever sent him to not kill anyone. Bronn heads back to King's Landing (?)
- Jon, Arya, Sansa, and Bran talk about Jon's true identity.
- Everyone is separated from Tormund. <something I don't understand> Jon gives him Ghost.
- <something I don't understand about not hurrying to King's landing but going anyway>
- Arya leaves Winterfell <something about The Hound following her?>
- Tyrion talks to Varys about distrust and betrayal (?).
- Dany's army marches on Dragonstone, Missandei and Grey Worm travel by ship. Dany rides her dragon, while Jon is on land.
- On the way Rhaegal is shot with arrows in the chest and neck and falls into the sea. Missandei is captured and taken to King's Landing (?)
- Cersei crams innocent citizens inside the Red Keep to prevent Dany's army from entering. Her reasoning being that Dany would have to kill citizens in order to let her army through, and thus she would never be accepted as a queen by the people of the Seven Kingdoms for committing such an atrocity <according to a leak a crush occurs during this scene and Arya and The Hound are present>.
- Dany leads the army to King's Landing to allow Tyrion to negotiate with Cersei. Cersei orders The Mountain to cut off Missandei's head. Greyworm looks away and Dany's blood runs cold as she watches.

- Euron's fleet takes down Rhaegal.

- Jaime betrays the North. Missandei is captured.

- Dany's army captures Jaime. Brienne tries to talk to him but he refuses.

- Sansa tells Tyrion about Jon's lineage. Tyrion tells Varys.

- Varys betrays Dany because he thinks Jon would be a better ruler.

- Cersei has Missandei executed.

- Dany has Varys executed. Dany assaults King's Landing and it's one-sided as hell.

- Tyrion begs her to show mercy but she refuses.

- Tyrion frees Jaime to try to get Cersei out of the city.

- King's Landing gets wrecked in the battle. Drogon burns Euron's fleet.

- The Hound fights his brother. They both die.

- Jaime fights Euron and kills him, but Jaime is mortally wounded.

- Jaime makes it to Cersei and they die together.

- Dany is executing everyone in King's Landing. Jon and Tyrion are upset.

- Dany has Tyrion arrested to be executed for freeing Jaime.

- Tyrion tries to convince Jon that his family will never be safe because his lineage makes him a threat to Dany's rule.

- Jon tries to talk to Dany but she justifies her actions.

- Jon pledges himself to Dany but then stabs her, then surrenders himself.

A council gets formed to decide who the King should be. Tyrion gives a speech and everyone votes on Bran to become King. The end.

In the epilogue, Jon takes the black again for killing Dany. Arya leaves. Sansa rules the North. Bran oversees his council of Tyrion, Davos, Sam, and Bronn.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

It’s all gonna be true lmao

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

- Opens with a mass cremation after the Battle of Winterfell. Characters mourn the deaths of their friends.
- Jaime praises Brienne and while playing a game... <something I don't understand> they make out and end up having sex.
- Gendry finds Arya and they kiss. Gendry wants to be with Arya, but she tells him she does not want to be with him.
- Dany and Jon talk about his true identity. Dany does not want anyone else to know about it as she will lose her claim to the Iron Throne.
- Tyrion and Jaime meet with Bronn, who has come to assassinate them on Qyburn's orders. Tyrion tells Bronn he will pay double of whoever sent him to not kill anyone. Bronn heads back to King's Landing (?)
- Jon, Arya, Sansa, and Bran talk about Jon's true identity.
- Everyone is separated from Tormund. <something I don't understand> Jon gives him Ghost.
- <something I don't understand about not hurrying to King's landing but going anyway>
- Arya leaves Winterfell <something about The Hound following her?>
- Tyrion talks to Varys about distrust and betrayal (?).
- Dany's army marches on Dragonstone, Missandei and Grey Worm travel by ship. Dany rides her dragon, while Jon is on land.
- On the way Rhaegal is shot with arrows in the chest and neck and falls into the sea. Missandei is captured and taken to King's Landing (?)
- Cersei crams innocent citizens inside the Red Keep to prevent Dany's army from entering. Her reasoning being that Dany would have to kill citizens in order to let her army through, and thus she would never be accepted as a queen by the people of the Seven Kingdoms for committing such an atrocity <according to a leak a crush occurs during this scene and Arya and The Hound are present>.
- Dany leads the army to King's Landing to allow Tyrion to negotiate with Cersei. Cersei orders The Mountain to cut off Missandei's head. Greyworm looks away and Dany's blood runs cold as she watches.

- Euron's fleet takes down Rhaegal.

- Jaime betrays the North. Missandei is captured.

- Dany's army captures Jaime. Brienne tries to talk to him but he refuses.

- Sansa tells Tyrion about Jon's lineage. Tyrion tells Varys.

- Varys betrays Dany because he thinks Jon would be a better ruler.

- Cersei has Missandei executed.

- Dany has Varys executed. Dany assaults King's Landing and it's one-sided as hell.

- Tyrion begs her to show mercy but she refuses.

- Tyrion frees Jaime to try to get Cersei out of the city.

- King's Landing gets wrecked in the battle. Drogon burns Euron's fleet.

- The Hound fights his brother. They both die.

- Jaime fights Euron and kills him, but Jaime is mortally wounded.

- Jaime makes it to Cersei and they die together.

- Dany is executing everyone in King's Landing. Jon and Tyrion are upset.

- Dany has Tyrion arrested to be executed for freeing Jaime.

- Tyrion tries to convince Jon that his family will never be safe because his lineage makes him a threat to Dany's rule.

- Jon tries to talk to Dany but she justifies her actions.

- Jon pledges himself to Dany but then stabs her, then surrenders himself.

A council gets formed to decide who the King should be. Tyrion gives a speech and everyone votes on Bran to become King. The end.

In the epilogue, Jon takes the black again for killing Dany. Arya leaves. Sansa rules the North. Bran oversees his council of Tyrion, Davos, Sam, and Bronn.

:hmbol:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Taima posted:

The worst thing about season 8 for us is that we're watching the 4K blu ray re-release of Season 1 and holy poo poo it rules. The contrast between that and the Season 8 dumpster fire is almost unbearable.

Remember when the show used things like practical sets and costumes to set the atmosphere instead of going for George Lucas-esque CGI spectacles?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

etalian posted:

Remember when the show used things like practical sets and costumes to set the atmosphere instead of going for George Lucas-esque CGI spectacles?

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Why did every character except Dany start wearing black all the time anyway?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

wait, stannis is back? isn't he headless in the woods.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
motherfucker they brought my boy stannis back? whats the context, what the gently caress is going on?

also i legit want Dani to kill everyone in this loving retarded show

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 18:39 on May 5, 2019

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
stannis owns but im not quite sure what the gently caress they are doing bringing him back like 4 seasons later at the last minute? what kind of satisfying conclusion to his character or meaningful impact on the story (lol) can he have now that he's been out of the picture for years.

then again my brain isnt quite as big as d&d

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

My only guess for Stannis is some sort of Davos flashback or green sight hijinks with Bran.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

Offensive Clock

LadyPictureShow posted:

My only guess for Stannis is some sort of Davos flashback or green sight hijinks with Bran.

yeah this is probably right. odd he would come back for something small like that though, didnt someone say he hated working on the show. i guess they threw enough money at him for like a days work, cant blame him.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Why would Stannis be back. That's gotta be fake, right?

Or it's just incredibly stupid for no reason.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
looks like his hands are bound in the shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
the tweet is deleated. so possibly fake.