Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
According to Brickseek, this Walmart nearby has 2 of the IF Sanctum sets for $25 each, but damned if I can find them. Scoured the entire toy section, including tops of shelves, and the various clearance sections.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
There was a Reddit thread where Walmart employees admitted to hiding sets until extreme price drops then having friends buy it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Scipiotik posted:

There was a Reddit thread where Walmart employees admitted to hiding sets until extreme price drops then having friends buy it.

If I go to customer service when it's open, would they be able to help?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

The_Doctor posted:

If I go to customer service when it's open, would they be able to help?

If someone actually hid them somewhere, I doubt it. See if you can do it online with store pickup.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Also check on the walmart app, if there's no aisle listed then its an inventory glitch / hidden merch.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://www.instagram.com/p/BxB3ZX9JbJU/

The stanger things set has leaked, albeit in blurry form.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Someone posted this like 15 posts before yours. ;)

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
oh no

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I know. At least you don't get probated for that stuff any more. Man, things used to be strict.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Did everyone see the final space set with the rocket launch crawler? Best of the bunch to me.

Also this... Star wars droids with boost

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxCXAC5pcLa/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1h6km0xadm06k

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why is it $200 if I can ask

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Normal boost is ~159 MSRP plus Star Wars fee I guess.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Scipiotik posted:

Did everyone see the final space set with the rocket launch crawler? Best of the bunch to me.

Also this... Star wars droids with boost

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxCXAC5pcLa/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1h6km0xadm06k

OH yes, the famous Gonk with a circular saw

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

When did that ever show up?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
It’s from Solo. It’s a droid gladiator owned by Clint Howard.

N17R4M
Aug 18, 2012

Because yes we actually DID want that land
My 7676 Gunship arrived, and oh man is it huge. Fun build though a little fragile. Already started modding it to be cleaner looking.

The stickers are peeling off though, so going to have to get a new sheet and order some of those large slope parts so I can switch between the sexy Minifig T'wilek and the space monkey as displays dictate. Might try buy up parts to build a second one in ARC colours.

The figs were included and I promptly dumped the anime faces into the spare heads bin and replaced them with the non-anime equivalents that I ordered separately.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

N17R4M posted:

The figs were included and I promptly dumped the anime faces into the spare heads bin and replaced them with the non-anime equivalents that I ordered separately.

Correct.

quote:

The stickers are peeling off though, so going to have to get a new sheet and order some of those large slope parts so I can switch between the sexy Minifig T'wilek and the space monkey as displays dictate. Might try buy up parts to build a second one in ARC colours.

I don't know what kind of clones you have in your army, but there isn't any drat reason to have the space monkey for their ride in mine.

oh my goooddddddddd i just found this it is my everything

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

N17R4M posted:

My 7676 Gunship

Jesus when you said that set number I knew exactly what you were talking about. Weird staying power for an 11 year old set.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I had the first version of it when I was younger. Was pretty neat.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Finished the Tantive IV. Set is loving fantastic.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Bring back the republic gunship you cowards.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
It’s about time. They’ve rereleased the AT AP and Droid Gunship twice since the Republic Gunship was last made.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

veni veni veni posted:

Finished the Tantive IV. Set is loving fantastic.

:same:
Just wrapped it up, need to whip up some sort of base so its not resting on the bottom guns.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Seriously, why didn’t it come with a stand??

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It shouldn’t be resting on the guns. It rests on the engines and the cockpit.

But yeah either way I’m gonna make a stand for it tomorrow too. No ship should be displayed sitting on the ground imo. No idea why there wasn’t a stand included.

Was just thinking it’s a drat shame that LEGO doesn’t do micro figures for Star Wars and I’m not sure why they don’t. The Tantive scales pretty much perfectly with them and the interior space would’ve been perfect for micro scale interiors like on that new LEGO movie set. It would actually be really easy to mod with a micro interior. Although I’m wary about messing around with sets that expensive. drat tempting though. It would be fun to build the whole thing out.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

So you're telling me that LEGO didn't include a stand for an awkwardly shaped ship that was probably never meant to "land" thus not having any landing gear to hold the drat thing up? Well done.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

no it straight up has bits on the bottom for it to sit on. It’s sturdy as a rock and doesn’t wobble or anything. Spaceships just look cooler if they are flying.

Making a stand will probably take 10 minutes and just handful of bricks anyways. Should be super easy.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 07:06 on May 5, 2019

Dogen
May 5, 2002

I used to always use monorail supports for this purpose when I was a kid but now the popular thing seems to be trans clear bricks.

I still think it’s dumb though I would have spent like another $25 or whatever to get a stand and a sticker plaque if they’d made it UCS.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Anyone ever have any luck convincing store staff to give you the VIP bonus even if your purchase doesn’t meet all of the criteria? I want the micro Battle of Hoth set but don’t really want anything else from the Star Wars line (other than the UCS Falcon which isn’t in my price range). I was thinking about splurging on Voltron and seeing if they’d tack on the Hoth bonus since I at least met the dollar value.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I went to the Disney Springs Lego store yesterday, and it seems like they'd had some free mini build? By the time I got there at 12, they were already packing away, so I never got to see what it was. :(

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
Anyone ever get invited to an after hours event, wondering if it is worth my time?

The_Doctor posted:

I went to the Disney Springs Lego store yesterday, and it seems like they'd had some free mini build? By the time I got there at 12, they were already packing away, so I never got to see what it was. :(

One store in the area had a make and take mini Tantive.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

tomapot posted:

Anyone ever get invited to an after hours event, wondering if it is worth my time?

One store in the area had a make and take mini Tantive.

The after hours event is just the Stranger Things set launch. You'll get to see the set and maybe meet the designer and then have a chance to buy it if theres enough available.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Dogen posted:

I used to always use monorail supports for this purpose when I was a kid but now the popular thing seems to be trans clear bricks.

I still think it’s dumb though I would have spent like another $25 or whatever to get a stand and a sticker plaque if they’d made it UCS.

Personally I like to just stack black bricks on a plate. Sometimes I'll class it up a bit with slopes and tiles. I feel like the segmenting is too noticeable with trans bricks.

I think the only reason it's not officially "UCS" is because if it was, people would be complaining that it's smaller than the 2001 version. Plus this way they could stick some play features on for kids. The box and directions are UCS style and it was released in place of a May 4 UCS set. I'm kind of thinking that they are just wary of what they brand as a UCS set after UCS Hoth getting such negative press.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

I thought that about Hoth but I thought they were trying to separate that out with the master builder segmentation. Heck, maybe it’s both.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah I'm pretty sure Master Builders is a thing due to Hoth drama, but it seems like it's reserved for big diorama type sets, at least for now.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Anyone ever have any luck convincing store staff to give you the VIP bonus even if your purchase doesn’t meet all of the criteria? I want the micro Battle of Hoth set but don’t really want anything else from the Star Wars line (other than the UCS Falcon which isn’t in my price range). I was thinking about splurging on Voltron and seeing if they’d tack on the Hoth bonus since I at least met the dollar value.

Just buy it on BL or Ebay.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Looks like it's 40-$50 bux right now. Might as well just spend the $75 and get it for free along with a $75 set lol.

Honestly just ask them. I've had them throw in leftover bonus stuff for me a bunch of times that I wasn't expecting (I didn't ask they just did it). But I did notice that they have to scan it when I was at the store, so they might be blocked off from doing it at a systems level.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

veni veni veni posted:

Looks like it's 40-$50 bux right now. Might as well just spend the $75 and get it for free along with a $75 set lol.

Honestly just ask them. I've had them throw in leftover bonus stuff for me a bunch of times that I wasn't expecting (I didn't ask they just did it). But I did notice that they have to scan it when I was at the store, so they might be blocked off from doing it at a systems level.

Yeah, actually I had forgotten about the UCS Y-Wing so might go with that over Voltron and get the bonus anyway.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I had such a hard time picking between the Tantive and Y-Wing. The Y Wing is so good. I'll get it by summer though. I don't want it to slip out of production while I'm not looking, but I figure it'll be around until at least the winter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
So if you build long enough linesof bricks you can "curve" them, and the radius is surprisingly small (2x1 bricks curved have a minimum radius of 25 studs for example)

Does anyone know how i can do this in Stud.io?