Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

When Stannis died offscreen, I figured it was 50/50 on him not actually being dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Damo posted:

yeah this is probably right. odd he would come back for something small like that though, didnt someone say he hated working on the show. i guess they threw enough money at him for like a days work, cant blame him.

yeah if i remember correctly, he didn't like it and he hated when people came up to him and said they liked his character and he didn't get why people liked the show. i believe in some of the leak but not all of it still.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 19:37 on May 5, 2019

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah if i remember correctly, he didn't like it and he hated when people came up to him and said they liked his character and he didn't get why people liked the show. i believe in some of the leak but not all of it still.

yet another reason why they should bring him back and put the show out of its misery.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

my king :prepop:

:worship:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

yet another reason why they should bring him back and put the show out of its misery.

i mean i hope they do because i am vaguely curious but yeah same.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
LMAO that they kept Euron being the big threat but instead of bringing about the apocalypse with mass sacrifices to his gods of blood magic using ancient artifacts that were so powerful a group of mystics destroyed Valyria to suppress all knowledge of their existence, he's just loving sick at pulling off headshots with a ballista.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Hey now, we just saw an 8000 years old ice necromancer get owned by a knife. Maybe the lesson is to put less faith in gods and magic and more in sharp metal objects.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I want stannis to end up on the throne, sneer, tell the audience they loving suck, then leave.

like maybe him and sami zayn can be in-character buddies.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It was nice that in the middle of a end of the world scenario they stuck the corpse of the mountain in his original attire for the showdown with the The Hound. Its like poetry.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

whos this person? I only started watching the show on this season

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

bring back old gbs posted:

I think that's Michelle Obama

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

why the gently caress are you doing that? watch the other seasons because those are overall pretty good.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

bloom posted:

Hey now, we just saw an 8000 years old ice necromancer get owned by a knife.

Apparently (according to a youtube video) it was the same knife as the one that created him? Or maybe it's just the hilt that was the original knife. And also it's lightbringer maybe.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

dudeness posted:

Apparently (according to a youtube video) it was the same knife as the one that created him? Or maybe it's just the hilt that was the original knife. And also it's lightbringer maybe.

nah. its the same area that the knife went in or some poo poo. the knife is littlefingers blade.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So catspaw has been around for eight thousand years and Littlefinger got it somehow?

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

Dapper_Swindler posted:

nah. its the same area that the knife went in or some poo poo. the knife is littlefingers blade.

Yea but there is a scene where Sam is reading through a book and it has a picture of the exact knife and it's like connected to Aegon the conqueror.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Ahhh tonight's ep is going to be so bad. Can't wait for this poo poo to be over so I can stop thinking about it

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

That's the deposed queen of Astapor.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

So is stannis dead or not.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Dapper_Swindler posted:

So is stannis dead or not.

Schrodinger's Stannis

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a01Kv_kxd6w

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Randarkman posted:

Wait is the reason people are calling Dorne the bad pussy place (or something like that) that someone actually said "bad pussy" as a line of dialogue in the show?
Nobody posted the clip? There's a clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sggmx8vysoc

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
why the gently caress are they even on a ship in that clip

like the biggest strength urine has is his loving fleet which will wreck you. lets get on a boat!

also i continue to like how the only side with the ability scout from the air keeps getting surprised and owned by poo poo on the land/sea

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
i could forgive dumb poo poo like that if the story was written well. like satisfying setups/payoffs, strong motivations and background for characters' actions, conclusions to even half of the story lines hinted at, earned twists and turns, and good dialog. but there isn't that and on top of it everyone makes the dumbest loving decisions ever so they can get it all over with and have the EPIC ship battles they want or kill the dragon or whatever.

Damo fucked around with this message at 21:44 on May 5, 2019

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Also the dragons can fly well above the clouds but choose to fly in range of fuccboi's ballista.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

Offensive Clock
i want an aegon the conquerer prequel so i can finally understand how he managed to conquer the seven kingdoms without his dragons getting instantly owned by big arrows 10 minutes after he arrived

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Damo posted:

i want an aegon the conquerer prequel so i can finally understand how he managed to conquer the seven kingdoms without his dragons getting instantly owned by big arrows 10 minutes after he arrived

it was probably because he wasn't loving retarded and just stormed the country with no warning and dragons. Dany could have done the same thing to King's landing without Ethics and done the same thing

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

Offensive Clock
remember how dany having the only 3 dragons in the world was built up for 8 seasons like she has nukes and no one else does, this huge deal enormous advantage dany has in reconquering the seven kingdoms, and now they are just dropping like flies, have done basically gently caress all of any consequence in westeros, and may end up having no serious impact at all in the conclusion of the series

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
lol, the ultimate threat to Westeros is the guy who hosted Eurovision that one year

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Damo posted:

Presumably they had a long history of dragon riding and knew what to avoid.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

You just choose the option to unleash your dragon from the intrigue menu and the enemy army melts away, it's pretty simple actually.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Arcsquad12 posted:

So catspaw has been around for eight thousand years and Littlefinger got it somehow?

IIRC Littlefinger stole it from the Lannisters and gave it to the assassin he hired to kill Bran, knowing the assassination would fail and the super heirloom-rear end blade would point to the Lannisters and start a war with the Starks. He then pocketed it after Ned died, and gave it to Bran as a symbol of (false) loyalty and goodwill when he was trying to woo Sansa. Bran then gave it to Arya after becoming the 3ER since he could foretell that it and she had a linked destiny.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Wasn't it a three eyed crow in the books?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
LMAO Clegane Bowl is happening but it's not hype.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Randarkman posted:

Wasn't it a three eyed crow in the books?

Correct.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oEqnDAbCfE

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
cleagne bowl is gonna happen and is gonna be cringy as gently caress

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
GF wanted to rewatch the ep. And somehow this is even dumber this time. It does look better, though. But wow...the screamers just ran out for no reason at all. These directors need to be fired so hard.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
The screamers charged out because the showrunners needed to get rid of all the POC folks to make way for more screentime for the important white characters to finish their arcs at the show's end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Clegane bowl is gonna start when Hount literally rolls a ball at Mountain.