Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

evilweasel posted:

People get pretty loving tilted in the meta game challenge when they windmill slam a liliana and then you hit them with a role reversal and a copy of the role reversal. Didn’t even have a chance to wipe their board with her before they conceded.

izzet saheeli may not be the best but it’s super fun

Did you see Daniela's new build? Emergency Powers with Narset is hilarious

https://twitter.com/h0lydiva/status/1125018490711228416?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
Narset in general is like insanely good

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Tainen posted:

that looks fun as hell but i don't think i have the wildcards to do a three color deck, unfortunately

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

your circumcision honestly disgusts me
The rare wildcard bottleneck is real and I hate it

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

tqilamknbrd posted:

Just spend lots of money like a good customeraddict.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
maybe i missed it, but they dont seem to link the very clearly marked sleeves from earlier, which uh, seems like a lie by omission to me

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

mandatory lesbian posted:

maybe i missed it, but they dont seem to link the very clearly marked sleeves from earlier, which uh, seems like a lie by omission to me

Their claim is that it's planted evidence.. so them not linking it somewhat makes sense.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

tqilamknbrd posted:

It's fun cuz I be like "I have a good stack of wildcards for the fall rotation, then I'll be set"

followed by "I still have less wildcards than shocks I need aaaaaa"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I am never going to spend all my common and uncommon wildcards. Meanwhile the only reason I have rares right now is fear of commitment.

The system is unbalanced

Propitious Jerk
Sep 13, 2010
Just spend your uncommon and common wildcards filling out sets that you open a lot if there's nothing you need them for. You'll probably have tons of them by the time the next set rolls around and they'll at least help you fill the vault a bit quicker.

I managed to open 207 packs dumping a $100 dollar gem pack into sealed (and one ill-fated traditional draft game) with Ravnica Allegiance, 75 of the packs I opened were reward packs so they contributed to my wildcard tracker, the rest were all 15 card sealed pool packs. If you're sinking gems and don't mind the heavy RNG of sealed it's a pretty good way to spend them. I'm not a very good player and I think my average win rate was somewhere around 3-3 to 4-3.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

mandatory lesbian posted:

Yeah everyone agrees that Yuuya should have been DQed due to marked cards, even Yuuya and his team. All that's being argued now is whether Yuuya intentionally cheated and should be banned for a long time, or if he was setup somehow. The markings pretty clearly could not have been created accidentally in the discerned pattern, so presumably WotC is trying to find some sort of evidence of when and how those marks were created. It's a shitshow either way

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I am never going to spend all my common and uncommon wildcards. Meanwhile the only reason I have rares right now is fear of commitment.

The system is unbalanced

dawg

it's so badly unbalanced that i'm looking for decks with lots of mythics and few rares, which is bizarre

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The system is unbalanced

Well there has to be some drive for people to spend money.
My biggest advice would be to not spend wild cards on a set your are currently opening. Wait till the next set and go back and fill out what you need.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The system is unbalanced

craft every single c/u you don't have from sets that you're drafting/opening, so that the progress goes towards the vault.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Please implement the London Mulligan WotC, thanks.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Hellsau posted:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Lone Goat posted:

craft every single c/u you don't have from sets that you're drafting/opening, so that the progress goes towards the vault.

It turns out I have been doing so much sealed/draft WAR that I only had to spend 5 commons to have a full playset of WAR commons :v:

Uncommon, though, looks like it could eat most of that up

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Hellsau posted:

I was pissed when I logged on to MTGO a couple of days ago, and it was gone :(

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

when am i going to be able to draft war of the spark on arena for coin?

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Dungeon Ecology posted:

when am i going to be able to draft war of the spark on arena for coin?

May 10th.

Related question, does anyone know how long WAR Sealed is sticking around?

e: until the 20th

Otherkinsey Scale fucked around with this message at 03:34 on May 6, 2019

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.

Tainen posted:

These are brews from SCG

9 Island
6 Plains
3 Blast Zone
4 Glacial Fortress
4 Hallowed Fountain

4 Narset, Parter of Veils
1 Teferi, Hero of Dominaria
3 Teferi, Time Raveler

3 Induced Amnesia
2 Ixalan's Binding
2 Seal Away
3 Smothering Tithe
3 Dovin's Veto
3 Emergency Powers
2 Revitalize
2 Sinister Sabotage
3 Cleansing Nova
3 Finale of Glory

With Fblthp + Mox Amber

7 Island
7 Plains
4 Glacial Fortress
4 Hallowed Fountain
2 Karn's Bastion

4 Fblthp, the Lost
1 Dovin, Hand of Control
1 Jace, Wielder of Mysteries
4 Narset, Parter of Veils
2 Teferi, Hero of Dominaria
4 Teferi, Time Raveler

2 Baffling End
2 Induced Amnesia
1 Prison Realm
4 Seal Away
3 Emergency Powers
1 Settle the Wreckage
4 Mox Opal
1 Oath of Teferi
2 Time Wipe

Sideboard
1 Induced Amnesia
4 Dovin's Veto
2 Spell Pierce
1 God-Pharaoh's Statue
3 Lyra Dawnbringer
2 Shalai, Voice of Plenty
2 Cleansing Nova

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I might've asked this already but I think Nissa might be my favorite new planeswalker (up there with Saheeli at the very least) and I'd love to see any good brews people have going around with her. I've got a nice simic proliferate ooze deck at the moment but I definitely think there's room for a ramp with her and new Vivian and maybe even Kiora

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.

flatluigi posted:

I might've asked this already but I think Nissa might be my favorite new planeswalker (up there with Saheeli at the very least) and I'd love to see any good brews people have going around with her. I've got a nice simic proliferate ooze deck at the moment but I definitely think there's room for a ramp with her and new Vivian and maybe even Kiora

I gotchu' fam.

https://aetherhub.com/Deck/Public/104457

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

hell yeah

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Adeliz, the Cinder Wind is my favorite "new" War of the Spark card, I am loving Wizards Tribal aggro. Drakes was too durdly for my tastes and I prefer the explosive plays that wizards aggro can have with Burning Prophet and Dreadhorde Arcanist, reminds me of trying to brew a Kiln Fiend Dragonauts pauper deck ages ago

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Nissa's Triumph in a deck with Nissa but no utility lands to find seems like a grievous oversight.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Hellsau posted:

Please implement a new land cycle at mythic so its easier to get sets on arena WotC, thanks.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
“I wish Wizards would make mythics less important in constructed.”

*strokes monkey’s paw*

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive
There were as many copies of Tibalt in the SCG top four as there were Teferi... Tibalt confirmed as good as Teferi?!?

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Dehtraen posted:

There were as many copies of Tibalt in the SCG top four as there were Teferi... Tibalt confirmed as good as Teferi?!?

Maybe they made a good decision on the ban when you realize Tibalt is a bad ferocidon and is still seeing play. If that card were legal rdw might be too good.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
Part of me hopes when they announce Post-Modern they just ban Ferocidon for the hell of it.

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

your circumcision honestly disgusts me
All of me hopes they don't

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Bring into modern that weird commander aura that turns things into indestructible beetles

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
*Extremely Bernie voice* How can it be that in a game as big as Magic 1% of the playerbase controls 99% of the rare wildcards

This is unacceptable

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

MikeCrotch posted:

*Extremely Bernie voice* How can it be that in a game as big as Magic 1% of the playerbase controls 99% of the rare wildcards

This is unacceptable

Seize the means of mana production

Propitious Jerk
Sep 13, 2010
edit: This is not the arena thread. My bad!

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Propitious Jerk posted:

edit: This is not the arena thread. My bad!

if you wanna complain about any kind of magic, including arena, this is the place for you

Valicious
Aug 16, 2010
I’m just getting ready to build a deck for standard, and really want to play with the new Sorin. I’m getting back into Magic, so I have zero collection. Any suggestions on decks?

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Valicious posted:

I'm just getting ready to build a deck for standard, and really want to play with the new Sorin. I'm getting back into Magic, so I have zero collection. Any suggestions on decks?

Orzhov Aristocrats is both pretty cheap and leans hard on Sorin. I don't think it's big tournament competitive in it's current form but it'd be fine for taking to FNMs and such.

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/archetype/standard-orzhov-aristocrat#online

I can help you fill out the SB if you'd like.

Edit: the more competitive more expensive options are Esper Midrange (http://www.starcitygames.com/decks/129027), Orzhov White Weenie (http://www.starcitygames.com/decks/129073), or more experimentally Orzhov Knights (I'd modify Wyatt Darby's list to use Sorin rather than using the existing Sorin list. https://www.streamdecker.com/deck/wKB4plz0l5 -1 eldest -1 seraph +2 sorin).

Tom Clancy is Dead fucked around with this message at 17:44 on May 6, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

Lone Goat posted:

Nissa's Triumph in a deck with Nissa but no utility lands to find seems like a grievous oversight.

I thought the same, but I guess the idea is that you want to always hit mono-Forests so you can Nissa straight into Finale for 10 as often as possible. Still seems to me like 1-of Blast Zone and Field of Ruin would be worthwhile though.