Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

Recently came back to the game from a year hiatus. is Excalibur still the primary server?

My character was transferred to goblin last time I played, but it feels like I'm lagging very badly ever since I came back. Hopefully moving to another server can help.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

wfwon posted:

Recently came back to the game from a year hiatus. is Excalibur still the primary server?

My character was transferred to goblin last time I played, but it feels like I'm lagging very badly ever since I came back. Hopefully moving to another server can help.

If you're on Goblin, it sounds like you may be an APAC goon. This may or may not be of interest if you're looking to transfer out of the JP datacenter for connection stability reasons, but APAC goons started up an FC on Kujata. edit: The gently caress did I think that Goblin was a JP server?

Otherwise, yes, Excal is the NA goon server.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 03:25 on May 8, 2019

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Kwyndig posted:

May I recommend a catgirl?

Cat hats can also have ear holders. Also they completely stopped giving a poo poo about cat and lizard tails when designing clothes. If elf earmuffs are a dealbreaker, I can't imagine how all of that tail clipping would go over.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Roll a potato, they’re the best anyway. People ITT are just god drat racists.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Fureil posted:

Anyone know if there are any headpieces that an Elezen can wear that don't have the ridiculous ear slots? I like most of my current appearance but that seriously makes me debate doing a fantasia to like a Roe or a Potato or something.

Well, most cloth hats and stuff don't affect your character's ears at all.

If you're looking for an actual helm, I'm sure there's a few of them. The only one I know off the top of my head is the i255 High Steel Helm of Fending, pictured below, but I'm assuming there's more of them, or ones that just lazily cut your character's ears off.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I have decided my great wish for Shadowbringers is that we get some kind of easily attainable, relatively understated black horse mount of some kind, because gently caress me trying to find a mount that doesn't clash with my black mage's outfit is killing me.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Cabbit posted:

I have decided my great wish for Shadowbringers is that we get some kind of easily attainable, relatively understated black horse mount of some kind, because gently caress me trying to find a mount that doesn't clash with my black mage's outfit is killing me.

Use any of the chair mount.

As much as I love some of the other mounts, they made too many incidental and distracting noises, both in motion and when idle, so I found chair.

I love chair. It's plain and stylish.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I mean I'd be all for more horse mounts if they redid the horse model. Because the current horse model is made by someone who has had horses described to them, and may have quickly been shown one picture of a horse, but it's not really connected to what horses really look like. Sleipnir comes the closest but that's a cashshop mount.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Argas posted:

Use any of the chair mount.

As much as I love some of the other mounts, they made too many incidental and distracting noises, both in motion and when idle, so I found chair.

I love chair. It's plain and stylish.

Midlander dudes sit real dumb on the flying chair. Maybe I'll just cough up the money for the Nezha Chariot and pretend I'm flying around on two miniature Fire 4s.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Cabbit posted:

Midlander dudes sit real dumb on the flying chair. Maybe I'll just cough up the money for the Nezha Chariot and pretend I'm flying around on two miniature Fire 4s.

Stop complaining and don't start again until your battle hardened adventurer who's killed multiple pantheons of deities and shakes the world with her very breath decides to ride basically everything daintily sidesaddle.

It's literally the worst part of playing an Elezen.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Trasson posted:

Stop complaining and don't start again until your battle hardened adventurer who's killed multiple pantheons of deities and shakes the world with her very breath decides to ride basically everything daintily sidesaddle.

It's literally the worst part of playing an Elezen.

You should get a flying chair.

Lady giraffe, sitting like a normal person.

Male middie, man-spreading on the subway.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I wanted to try using Firion's armor and wound up changing my SAM glam.

lol sorry but this owns

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Roll a potato, they’re the best anyway. People ITT are just god drat racists.

I wanted to be a giraffe woman, but I just can't leave my FFXI roots behind.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
11 crystals into my shield, three stats out of five so far. This sucks.

I like this glamour.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Boy cats brood at a level never before seen when they sit on the chair. It's nuts.

You're on a flying comfy chair, mate. Why so glum?

rhoga posted:

Full album is here: https://imgur.com/a/DibqACx

Location is Lav. Beds 18 #21

What in the Shinra is going on in that basement? Don't make me grab a giant sword and go down there.

SonicRulez fucked around with this message at 19:26 on May 5, 2019

keirharder
Jul 22, 2017
Phone posting so hopefully these aren’t massive or broken.

Here’s a couple glams in bad lighting. Same pose coz it’s cute why not.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Be a civilized person, look like a bad bitch while using the flying chair.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Be a civilized person, look like a bad bitch while using the flying chair.

:yeah:

The roegadame comfy chair pose was made for looking regal as gently caress. Will repeat myself in that we need to just manifest a wineglass or tobacco pipe in the right hand to complete the image.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Cabbit posted:

Nightmare? Dropped fairly easily for me, at least.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Phone posted:

Ranked matches usually have a way shorter queue and you can't lose rank or anything until you're in Bronze.

Any time I've tried to go in as ranked it's never popped. I waited 39 minutes once. I can usually get a training match within 5 to 10. Could be my timing, of course. I don't always get to be on during peak periods.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Poops Mcgoots posted:

That armor looks so good, but I really wish it could be dyed somehow.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Poops Mcgoots posted:

lol sorry but this owns

This is good and I'm fighting the urge to steal it.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
One side benefit of being back on the PvP train: I spent some of my ill-gotten wolf marks on a Mado Brush.

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013
I did the thing.

I was a bit worried about the possibility of getting exactsies like this, since the wording on the achievement is "over 2000 rating." Turns out it's wrong.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

if my danger noodle ex parties could stop wiping at 1% enrage that would rock rear end, actually

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Poops Mcgoots posted:

lol sorry but this owns

What head piece is that which has the headband/metal mouth combo? I like that a lot.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

ImpAtom posted:

What head piece is that which has the headband/metal mouth combo? I like that a lot.

It's an early level profession helmet, well that's where I've seen that model anyway.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Yeah, it's the initiate's headgear.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

I did a Seiryu EX Loot PF a little while ago where the WHM who joined refused to do anything until I switched to Noct Sect
We kicked him and got another healer but lol

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Azerban posted:

Nightmare? Dropped fairly easily for me, at least.

Got that, but the mane being a real rich purple kind of ruins the effect.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Cabbit posted:

Sleipnir?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Cabbit posted:

How about the fire or lightning horse? You are a black mage.

Great White Hope!
Nov 12, 2006

Kurieg posted:

How about the fire or lightning horse? You are a black mage.

I'm a big fan of lightning horse. Good music too.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

pleasure to tank with you earlier on snekdad EX, Kaubocks; sorry I haven't worked out how shirk-vokeing is supposed to work :v:

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Jose Valasquez posted:

Here's a new pic of my catgirl

I shouldn't have tried to drive home

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

pleasure to tank with you earlier on snekdad EX, Kaubocks; sorry I haven't worked out how shirk-vokeing is supposed to work :v:

same to you!

also lol you honestly did totally fine; the only tank swap """issue""" i noticed was that we could fit in another during the single swap just to build aggro lead but that's just an optimization thing. either way we never lost control of that boy or hecked up the swap. ya did good

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Ok so I just saw the big sale going on in the square enix store. I have this game already tied to my pc account, but only the original deal. I want to know if I buy the complete edition will it let me unlock those expansions? Or will it bitch at me since I already have a ffxiv account?

Honestly I plan on deleting my character and completely starting over, since I'd rather be a dragon lady than a cat boy. And I don't think I'm on Excalibur either. I mean I might as well just de-link my old account and use the new code if that's the case. If I can that is.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Sprite141 posted:

Ok so I just saw the big sale going on in the square enix store. I have this game already tied to my pc account, but only the original deal. I want to know if I buy the complete edition will it let me unlock those expansions? Or will it bitch at me since I already have a ffxiv account?

Honestly I plan on deleting my character and completely starting over, since I'd rather be a dragon lady than a cat boy. And I don't think I'm on Excalibur either. I mean I might as well just de-link my old account and use the new code if that's the case. If I can that is.

If it's just the expacs you should be able to use them with your old account. You also get a free fantasia (character recreation) by finishing the core storyline so you won't need to remake your character if you don't want to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Warrior 60-70 is a better hildy story than SB hildy was.