Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Diogines posted:

My prediction is in the end King's Landing gets blown up from the wildfire caches still there. Ceresi blows it to hell. It fits the story and general theme and the lovely producers will find it sufficiently shocking that they will like it.

Yeah, that vision from a few seasons back of a ruined, snow-filled throne room and empty Iron Throne it's assumed that's the "If the Night King wins" bad end but is actually either Cersei blowing up the Red Keep with wildfire or Dany torching it trying to take it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

General Dog posted:

The last two seasons have felt like they’re on fast forward

The first two episodes of season 8 had fantastic pacing. Episode 3 was a little too fast but still great. Episode 4 was a parody. They should have done whatever they needed to do to make everything in season 8 feel the same pace as the first two episodes, including season 9 if that's what needed to be done.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
What a garbage episode.

Bronn. Ugh.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Fuzz posted:

This. Especially after spending 2 whole episodes setting up the battle in Episode 3, and now in one episode they just throw wrenches everywhere and go nuts in under 30 minutes.

The battle in episode 3 was such an anti-climax that the two episode buildup, while enjoyable, retroactively feels like a waste of time. Honestly, if they knew this was going to be the end game, then they should have just dispatched the walkers in season 6 (instead of wasting everyone’s time with the mission north of the wall), and just devoted this entire final season to the true endgame.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Bronn keeps being one of the few intelligent people in the whole Westeros

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Diogines posted:

My prediction is in the end King's Landing gets blown up from the wildfire caches still there. Ceresi blows it to hell. It fits the story and general theme and the lovely producers will find it sufficiently shocking that they will like it.

Friki was talking about this almost a year ago, his spoiler then was that Tyrion had drogon do something that blew up the wildfire and caused everyone to burn and Jon had him executed. That seems really far fetched with what's actually happening now but maybe he's right about the wildfire and wrong about the events surrounding it?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

ZZZorcerer posted:

It seems like he could’ve played his cards better this week

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

General Dog posted:

I guess episode 5 probably ends with Jamie and Cersei’s deaths, and episode 6 deals with getting rid of Dany and the aftermath.

Speaking of, the episode 3 defenders were totally right. Cersei has always been the most compelling villain, and I’m sure glad that, now the walkers are out of the way, we got to spend three minutes with her this week.

The only thing I have about this is Cersei is treated like someone who will actually give up and surrender under any circumstance. You could have 2 scenes where both the Night King and Cersei walk with a crew to a vulnerable Dany/Bran for someone else to surprise kill them, and both would work about the same.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Honestly, they should have had 10 episodes last season with the battle of Wintefell being episode 9 and then had this season be all about living vs living. There's just nowhere enough time to resolve both plotlines in 6 episodes.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Next Week After Game Of Thrones

Dumb Writer: You see.. in season 2, when Dany killed those bad guy slavers despite promising she wouldn't.. we planted the seeds that she was the mad queen all along!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

neutral milf hotel posted:

it's fun how Tyrion ruined the baby news to euron and we didn't even get a reaction shot

https://twitter.com/jnambyy/status/1125226540185333764

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Diogines posted:

These seem like obviously lovely dice. There is 0 chance such a deal would be honored and no reason to think it would. He should have tried to cut a less insane deal. Like "I am going to give you detailed information on the defenses of king's landing AND not murder you, you give me some extra gold and poo poo". Much more reasonable and... well I see no reason they would not?

I think Tyrion likes Bronn enough to give him a castle no matter what happens, short of Bronn actually murdering like...Sansa or someone else close to Tyrion.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I don’t think Euron is smart enough to make the connection. He probably just figured, “oh, she was so excited she sent her brother a raven to tell him the good news”

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Harlock posted:

Next Week After Game Of Thrones

Dumb Writer: You see.. in season 2, when Dany killed those bad guy slavers despite promising she wouldn't.. we planted the seeds that she was the mad queen all along!

To be fair, Dany has been hinted as mad queen pretty much every season since the first. I've always been convinced she would go batshit crazy and die in the end. I also like that they're doing this, I just wish they spent another 5-7 episodes on it instead of the 3 we had left (including this one).

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Mat Cauthon posted:

I think Tyrion likes Bronn enough to give him a castle no matter what happens, short of Bronn actually murdering like...Sansa or someone else close to Tyrion.

I always did kind of like book Cersei trying to offscreen kill Bronn to stop him from getting a castle, only for him to succeed every time.

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

ZZZorcerer posted:

I dunno seems like they could just have him arrested instead of giving him a castle since he's not going to fight for them or help them anyway

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Am I the only one who think's its really loving weird that a billion dollar show actually lets two actors hating each other dictate who's on screen together or not? And that two supposedly professional actors aren't professional enough to be in the same scene together?

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

TheRat posted:

Am I the only one who think's its really loving weird that a billion dollar show actually lets two actors hating each other dictate who's on screen together or not? And that two supposedly professional actors aren't professional enough to be in the same scene together?

Yeah it's funny

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I think this Bronn plotline is weird as hell even if you accept the restriction that he and Cersei can’t share the screen (which they barely ever did to begin with)

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
It's weird but seems like a good thing not to force two people do things against their will for the sake of just a tv show

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:
They're foreshadowing real hard that Sansa will become queen and I don't think this show is smart enough to subvert that

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

LinYutang posted:

They're foreshadowing real hard that Sansa will become queen and I don't think this show is smart enough to subvert that

I'm guessing she'll end up queen of the north. I somewhat doubt we're getting a united 7 kingdoms in the end.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

TheRat posted:

It's only one of them. The other had publicly said they don't really give a poo poo and they're simply respecting the others' wish.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Lol this show. Not attacking at the start of season 6 has to be the dumbest tactic stand point ever.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

TheRat posted:

I'm guessing she'll end up queen of the north. I somewhat doubt we're getting a united 7 kingdoms in the end.

Yeah, Jon very briefly being king at the end and just disbanding the authority of the Iron Throne and declaring all the kingdoms wholly independent nations makes too much predictable sense at this point.

Caros
May 14, 2008

TheRat posted:

Look at this rear end in a top hat judging Ghost and Kit Harrington.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
The show is not canon lmao

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Phi230 posted:

The show is not good lmao

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Euron loving in with the steam punk cannon sniping a loving dragon gently caress off show

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

TheRat posted:

Seems like the North would be satisfied with Bran on the Iron Throne

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Jon’s dog is waiting for him at Castle Black for when he goes back and rejoins The Watch (for some reason)

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
This season’s like a dragon getting killed by an arrow: real dumb but at least it’s over quickly.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

They need you to remember nothing but vague impressions of the previous episode to keep going.

Cersei:
-literally no self control since her father died
-wants to kill her brother

Suddenly found some self control, to not get the thing she wants more than anything. Weird!

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Mat Cauthon posted:

Danny has to agree. Why would she make Bronn a high lord?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Krinkle posted:

They need you to remember nothing but vague impressions of the previous episode to keep going.

Cersei:
-literally no self control since her father died
-wants to kill her brother

Suddenly found some self control, to not get the thing she wants more than anything. Weird!

Well she wouldn’t want to unnecessarily provoke Dany in front of the entire city

*Unnecessarily provokes Dany in front of the entire city*

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

this episode felt like watching the summary notes of an episode. characters not only teleport but now change allegiance with no warning. time, space and character development have all collapsed into a singularity of crap.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Diogines posted:

Danny has to agree. Why would she make Bronn a high lord?

I'm sure Tyrion (and Jaime) can sell her some line about Bronn being a capable, tested battle commander and a reliable, trusted servant. Also like half the great families in Westeros are dead, those castles need filling and lands need leadership.

As long as she doesn't recognize him from the loot train battle I don't see why there would be an issue.

Mat Cauthon fucked around with this message at 05:57 on May 6, 2019

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Its strange that dragons flying in the air can't see a massive amount of ships sneaking up on them. With huge octopuses on their sails.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Coke
Oct 29, 2018

General Dog posted:

Well she wouldn’t want to unnecessarily provoke Dany in front of the entire city

*Unnecessarily provokes Dany in front of the entire city*

Yeah I was thinking this