Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Pickles own on sandwiches, but I cant stand raw onion on them. They always overpower everything else and make you smell like poo poo. Cooked onion as an ingredient owns though especially in stews

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Danaru posted:

Pickles own on sandwiches, but I cant stand raw onion on them. They always overpower everything else and make you smell like poo poo. Cooked onion as an ingredient owns though especially in stews

It should be illegal to put raw onion on anything

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Those are certainly some incorrect takes (aside from the smell part, but smelling like onions owns).

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
If i had a choice and could end world hunger or thanos snap onions out of existence ya'll better get used to putting some other garbage filler in literally everything

Rectal Death Adept has a new favorite as of 16:03 on May 4, 2019

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Can't have animal style without grilled onions :(

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Raw red onions are decent in salads. I don't know how anyone can eat them like an apple though. It's too strong of a flavor to take an entire bite of it, it has to just be little bits scattered throughout with other stuff to act as a buffer.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I don't know how anyone can eat them like an apple though.

Agreed, although I do this with tomatoes and they're delicious as hell. Everyone else is weird but me <:mad:>

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Then take my rear end to onion jail because I loving love onions.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Rectal Death Adept posted:

If i had a choice and could end world hunger or thanos snap onions out of existence ya'll better get used to putting some other garbage filler in literally everything

Wtf garbage filler do you live in where it’s onions and not wheat flour or corn flour or rice or corn or wheat or some poo poo you showbiz-inspired richy-rich types eat, but onion?!

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Then take my rear end to onion jail because I loving love onions.

Green onions? Because those should be illegal in the way that a white dude who never, technically, made a threatening tweet with an unregistered firearm is illegal, otherwise...

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 17:22 on May 4, 2019

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Wtf garbage filler do you live in where it’s onions and not wheat flour or corn flour or rice or corn or wheat or some poo poo you showbiz-inspired richy-rich types eat, but onion?!

I'm onion intolerant and blow my rear end in a top hat out if i even eat onion powder, and I've recently encountered onions in

Hamburger Patties
Burritos, of all kinds. Even random frozen burritos that don't list onions as an ingredient, except at the bottom of the 2 paragraph ingredient list where it's thrown into a bacon egg and cheese breakfast burrito as filler
Cheese
Deviled Eggs
Lasagna
Indian food that doesn't typically have onions in it yet cheap restaurants pile them the gently caress up with onions. Who the gently caress wants Chicken Tikka Masala that is 30% onions by volume?
Chicken/Potato/Egg Salad
Chili
Meatloaf
Bread

If you go to places like Applebees (I don't know why you would) but their cheese has onions in it as filler, by default, and it can't be removed.

any time i eat out 50% of the time i get something that reeks of onions that someone picked onions out of when I asked them for no. loving. onions. Soups? Pasta? Pizza? Onions onions onions onions.

If i had the money and knowledge i'd literally become a mad scientist that tried to create an onion specific virus that killed them all worldwide. They are loving disgusting and are in literally everything.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Green onions? Because those should be illegal in the way that a white dude who never, technically, made a threatening tweet with an unregistered firearm is illegal, otherwise...

All of the onions. All of them.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Mu Zeta posted:

Pickles match well when it's fatty meat like salami or corned beef. Match it with something neutral like turkey though and the pickles overpower it and it becomes the pickle show.

This is also correct.

ToxicToast
Dec 7, 2006
Thanks, I'm flattered.
I enjoyed Resident Evil 6 and thought it had some really fun segments. I feel like it does not deserve all the hate it gets.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I didn't get very far in Resident Evil, but I remember going through this one part that was clearly meant to be played co-op. And I got to this cutscene QTE segment, where whenever the hair guy was on screen I got QTEs, but when the lady was on screen there were no QTEs even though it was pretty much the same stuff happening to her. Which made me think that if I was playing co-op, the two players would have to go in turns doing QTEs in that section.

QTEs are already almost always bad, but if I was playing a game and couldn't progress because somebody else failed a QTE, I would throw that game in the garbage.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

ToxicToast posted:

I enjoyed Resident Evil 6 and thought it had some really fun segments. I feel like it does not deserve all the hate it gets.

Agreed. Although Chris Redfield's campaign can go gently caress itself.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

4th edition shadowrun is the zenith of pnp gaming

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
D&D sucks and it’s weird how many people play it, often ignoring 90% of the rules because they don’t even play combat focused campaigns. It’s the Monopoly of rpgs.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's just a social activity where you can get drunk with your friends

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Mu Zeta posted:

It's a storytelling medium, really. The best DM is the one that understands that. Literally everything else is secondary to the story.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

ToxicSlurpee posted:

It's a storytelling medium, really. The best DM is the one that understands that. Literally everything else is secondary to the story.

sucks for those assholes who paid $90 for rule books they didn't need.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ignoring 90% of the rules is the only reason it's any fun. I'm not reading any of that poo poo.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
It just irks me cuz there are so many better games for anything besides spergin’ our about combat encounters on a grid

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

It just irks me cuz there are so many better games for anything besides spergin’ our about combat encounters on a grid

Really obsessive groups that care a lot about the numbers are usually miserable to play with. The numbers are really just "here's the poo poo your character can do and how well they can do it." The rest of it, even combat, is the DM putting obstacles in front of the players and the players figuring out ways around them. Some of the most fun sessions I've been in haven't had anything to do with combat at all.

Granted some of those have been people just dicking around with Nolzur's Marvelous Pigments for a few hours but gently caress it, that's fun and typically hilarious.

I mean if it just isn't your thing then fine, it isn't your thing, but it's a fun hobby for the right sorts of people.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

you'll never catch me alive, motherfucker!!!

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Mu Zeta posted:

the only d&d game I ever went to I got chastised for drinking during the game. They pulled my friend who invited me aside and were like "i thought you understood that we want a focused atmosphere in our game night and you brought this guy drinking four lokos, what gives".

I was invited back but it was too stifling. gently caress that.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Mu Zeta posted:

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I mean if it just isn't your thing then fine, it isn't your thing, but it's a fun hobby for the right sorts of people.

I feel like you two are kind of missing the point. Edgar Allen Ho didn't say RPGs suck, he said D&D sucks. And it does. The only reason people still play it is momentum. It's the game everyone's heard of so it's the most likely place for new players to start, and because of that it's the game that most people have played so it seems easier than convincing the group to try something else. But whatever kind of game your group is looking for, there is a better option out there. It's just not as well-known or as well marketed.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rectal Death Adept posted:

I'm onion intolerant and blow my rear end in a top hat out if i even eat onion powder, and I've recently encountered onions in

Stop trying to jazz it up, onion racist.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

There are better games out there for that too (eg Gloomhaven).

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

yeah I eat rear end posted:

the only d&d game I ever went to I got chastised for drinking during the game. They pulled my friend who invited me aside and were like "i thought you understood that we want a focused atmosphere in our game night and you brought this guy drinking four lokos, what gives".

I was invited back but it was too stifling. gently caress that.

The trick is to play as a drunk dwarf or something like that, so you can claim that you're acting in-character when called out on it.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Tiggum posted:

I feel like you two are kind of missing the point. Edgar Allen Ho didn't say RPGs suck, he said D&D sucks. And it does. The only reason people still play it is momentum. It's the game everyone's heard of so it's the most likely place for new players to start, and because of that it's the game that most people have played so it seems easier than convincing the group to try something else. But whatever kind of game your group is looking for, there is a better option out there. It's just not as well-known or as well marketed.

I know and I'm saying it doesn't matter that DnD sucks. I don't think it sucks, it's just different. Who has time to learn new rules anyway.

Mr.Chill
Aug 29, 2006
South Korea is better than Japan.

Silent Hill The Room, Homecoming, and Downpour are all good and unique games. Also, the SH fanbase is mostly comprised of frighteningly insane people.

Idiocracy is an awful movie.

Evil Within 2 has a good first half then falls apart into trash by the end. The first one is better.

Budgies are the Best Birds.

Raisins have their place and can perk up a dish when used properly.

Rainy days are better than sunny days.

Green beans kick rear end. Fresh, canned, frozen, they never disappoint.

The 70's had the best anime.

Dark chocolate with sour lemon creme is AMAZING.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Plethora posted:

At what?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Food, cinema, military, and music.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
kanye's music is good

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Anytime someone complains something "doesn't taste like anything" I assume their taste buds have been too blasted by sugar and salt for them to really have a good opinion and I just feel sorry for them.

Even water has plenty of taste.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

d&d is mostly awful and bland barring a handful of cool settings but that's part of the fun of it imo, unless the DM is real bad anything they add to it for the sake of the campaign is unique and interesting and therefore memorable by comparison.

feels like among the tabletop rpg genre it has the biggest failure to launch curse, though, I can't count how many groups I've heard about never getting out the gates. possibly just seems that way since its the most popular.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

CYBEReris posted:

feels like among the tabletop rpg genre it has the biggest failure to launch curse, though, I can't count how many groups I've heard about never getting out the gates

I feel like that's probably because it's the first choice for a lot of people who aren't already into RPGs. Other games are more likely to be chosen by established groups than D&D is since D&D is so well-known and is basically considered the standard. People who don't know what's available are likely to go for it on the basis of name recognition, popularity, and presumed accessibility, and those groups of new players are more likely to give up before they start than a group who's played these kinds of games before.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Plethora posted:

Idiocracy is an awful movie.

People call Idiocracy a comedy, but if you ask me it's starting to seem like a documentary!

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Plethora posted:

South Korea's pretty cool, but it's no Taiwan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

starkebn posted:

Anytime someone complains something "doesn't taste like anything" I assume their taste buds have been too blasted by sugar and salt for them to really have a good opinion and I just feel sorry for them.

Even water has plenty of taste.

The minerals do, but that's not really the water.