Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
It gave enough time for someone to get closer and get the flesh blown off his arm, at that. Since, you know, most people wouldn't immediately recognize that or know how to react and might try to help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Child soldiers to the front lines for landmine duty. This can only end well. http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch14/ch14_28.html

Also it was said on the Q&A tumblr that the pivotal moment for Duane's assassination and zombification has already been drawn, and that the buffer is about 30something pages, so while it should come up sometime this chapter, I expect it to be vague and bringing up more questions then answers as usual.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Lem wasn't doing well already and this isn't helping.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
the resolution on these feels like it gets smaller and smaller every time.

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
Subscribe to the patreon to get access to the hi-res versions. With the added resolution you can more clearly make out that Lem still has that guys loving tooth embedded in his forehead.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Good luck, kiddos.

edit: this page is Ash attempting to show us Duane's khert-sense - he's not loving with the mines, he's just feeling where they are

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Apr 17, 2019

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Death to traitors! :3:

TheFuzzyLumpkin
Sep 15, 2003

But you are a person, and I can't say I'm awfully fond of that.
Anyone want to take bets on the countdown to Will getting his arm blown off and at least one of those plat kids experiencing a deeply unpleasant death? Five pages? Maybe six?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Spellmaster Adelier has never lost a lad. :colbert:

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

All of these children will get through safely and then all be adopted by loving families the end.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

TheFuzzyLumpkin posted:

Anyone want to take bets on the countdown to Will getting his arm blown off and at least one of those plat kids experiencing a deeply unpleasant death? Five pages? Maybe six?

Will is currently drumming for the squad in comic now, we know gets his arm blown off (probably soon), so countdown until Duane's squad renames itself to Def Leppard?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
This comic is too dense for me to remember. Why is that people are predicting Will will have an arm blown off?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Kyte posted:

This comic is too dense for me to remember. Why is that people are predicting Will will have an arm blown off?

Because we saw Will in another flashback and he had one arm less than in the current flashback.

And also because Ashley Cope is a sadistic monster.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Kid status: Still not dead.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

That's a box, sir.

TheFuzzyLumpkin
Sep 15, 2003

Duane is such a hopeless dork that it's impossible to think of him as being cool and impressive even when he's doing objectively cool and impressive things.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

TheFuzzyLumpkin posted:

Duane is such a hopeless dork that it's impossible to think of him as being cool and impressive even when he's doing objectively cool and impressive things.

Best wright in centuries except for the ones that have hojillions of painghosts whispering in their ear.

Biggest dork in centuries.

and beating out Darkest Paul is a pretty impressive feat

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Snorf

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

I fished twixt the lips of a waterwitch

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Apparently Ash is pushing Monday's comic and maybe pulling Friday's comic, if not more, to Wednesday.

...:ohdear:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
lemuel, it is very impolite to kill a man during dinner

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

baby want a bottl-

fake edit gently caress beaten

Well, I guess we know why Ash wants to finish the scene all at once on Wednesday: it's because the Brothers Adelier kill dozens when the police action legion collapses into murderous infighting.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

i'm also surprised his cape didn't ignite

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

It's a subject not really often addressed, but the implications of people just having plain different natural lifespans is pretty creepy. Normally people stop at bemoaning the idea of living forever and normal people being just mayflies, but the only other place I've seen consider shorter life cycles is Mass Effect.

Of course, Mass Effect tried (not exactly successfully) to do the idea of differing developmental cycles, and here it seems like children are still children and the only tradeoff is some abstract magical power supercharge. Not the best deal.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
First of the new pages since the last one was linked, by the way. Two pages before the one linked above; we're bad at keeping up on updates in this thread apparently.

SlothfulCobra posted:

It's a subject not really often addressed, but the implications of people just having plain different natural lifespans is pretty creepy. Normally people stop at bemoaning the idea of living forever and normal people being just mayflies, but the only other place I've seen consider shorter life cycles is Mass Effect.

Of course, Mass Effect tried (not exactly successfully) to do the idea of differing developmental cycles, and here it seems like children are still children and the only tradeoff is some abstract magical power supercharge. Not the best deal.

Some D&D-type fantasy stuff has different "races" living different lengths, some shorter than human average, but it rarely actually focuses on the implications of that beyond making the long-lived ones see shorter-lived ones like children and the shorter-than-human-lived ones flighty and trying to live life to the fullest or whatever.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 08:31 on May 6, 2019

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
Maybe I missed it earlier but I hadn't realized Lemuel had been a soldier since he was 12. Guess Alderode uses non-plat child soldiers too.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Catching up on the tumblr QnA and someone was paying attention to the important questions:

quote:

Anonymous asked: Does Claggart own his doggo? Would be the pride of his life if he did, I bet.

Claggart owns his doggo and he’s the pride of Claggart’s life. Who d’you think secured it that giant bone!

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Staltran posted:

Maybe I missed it earlier but I hadn't realized Lemuel had been a soldier since he was 12. Guess Alderode uses non-plat child soldiers too.

Look, General Bell may be a war criminal and attempting a coup, and Queen Sonorie might be seriously hosed up in experimenting with the Efheby, but for all of that Cresce is merely an okay to poor place to live from what we've seen. Compare that to Alderode, which is a loving nightmare.

e: poo poo, I forgot for a second what Cresce did to the two toes. Goddamnit, all these people suck.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 19:09 on May 7, 2019

TheFuzzyLumpkin
Sep 15, 2003

The motif of power = monstrosity is pretty strong in this story. The more powerful anything is, be it character or organization, the more monstrous it becomes.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
better to be a noodle vendor, really

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

The Adeliers continue to commit crimes against humanity.

(keep clicking until you're caught up, it's a bigass update)

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Aww, does the Silver have a thing for Duane?

e: Also, puttin' money on Lemuel in this brawl.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

habeasdorkus posted:

Aww, does the Silver have a thing for Duane?

e: Also, puttin' money on Lemuel in this brawl.

I think you might not have finished clicking, there was an interruption.

also the next page is on May 22

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I think you might not have finished clicking, there was an interruption.

:stare: Well, that's not supposed to happen!

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

No one's gonna mention that he gave the dog comically large tits? Because I'm pretty sure that's my favorite part of this update. Or maybe it's the smut rag getting tossed in the fire as the other guys flip a poo poo over that.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
RIP in peace snorf snake
2019-2019

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
off eating frost giants in friendlier skies

TheFuzzyLumpkin
Sep 15, 2003

A pymaric went off - one big enough to both kill a vliegeng outright and freak out all the plats.

Like, at this stage of the rebellion it's supposed to be mostly mopup, the Crescians never showed, the rebel leaders have all been stung and captured (the ones that can be, anyway.) But Roger shows back up personally with a contingent of Crescians and somebody lets off the magical equivalent of a surface-to-air missile and scores a direct strike. When Cresce absolutely specializes in martial pymarics for the purposes of war.

Yeaaaaah, something worse than that snakedrop moment during the diss track is coming.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Man, Duane got all fuddy duddy in his old age. Sette would have been proud of that bullying of Lemuel.