Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
Lmfao I forgot this show was even on last night. I've completely fallen off the bandwagon that I was on since episode 1. Hell I was driving the fucker for a season. Oh well.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Qyburn has reinvented warfare with those ship destroying ballistas, the fact that he hit consecutive shots with them is a footnote really.

This show is trash now unless you just want your wishes fulfilled. The guy who said that the characters are just their memes now pretty much nailed it.

It speaks volumes that Varys is the least utilised character now that they have nothing that isn't on the nose for him to say. He's pretty much a litmus test for the quality of the dialogue.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Hitting it three times makes Euron some kind of wizard.

Well, in the books... :goonsay:

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Queen Cersei deserves the throne

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

is that a starbucks cup

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

A Handed Missus posted:

is that a starbucks cup

Yes.
https://twitter.com/firminojen/status/1125322283273392128

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

so since another stark girl doesn't want to marry a baratheon does that mean gendry is going to be king in one of the spinoffs

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

I texted this picture to my wife just now, and her exact response was “Why is everyone so stupid?”

Come on HBO, give my wife one of these GOT spinoffs, she can’t possibly do a worse job than D&D have done this season

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A Handed Missus posted:

is that a starbucks cup

they are the ashes of ser friendzone. dany is now punished snake aka Venom

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

it's a lot cheaper to just do a spinoff of gendry baratheon's rebellion against the mad queen than to hire sean bean and mark addy again and try to make them look young

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
this season and especially this last episode moves forward so god drat fast, i miss my slow got

lets sail oh we are almost there oh my big arrows dead dragon dive done ship sink next sceeeeeene
the hound rides out early to catch the next bullet train as arya annoys him by sitting next to him all the waaaayyyy down

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

one leak that hasnt been posted here yet is that mike stoklasa is doing a special cameo voice over for the hound when his brother takes off his helmet. "whats wrong with your faaaaaaace?!"

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
New episode was p drat good despite the pacing/fast travel issues imo

Emilia Clarke can act without her eyebrows going crazy, I’m genuinely surprised and pleased

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Skypie posted:

Seriously though how many times has Euron's fleet just suddenly and miraculously been in the exact position they need to be to strike a major blow against Dany's forces/allies

Also how in the gently caress did they even get Missandei??? The Unsullied ships are like 10 feet from the beach when they get fired on with what were apparently auto-firing ballista
Euron teleported to her and then called scotty to beam them back to greyjoy ships

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

it felt like jamies shirt pua trick lasted longer than the ship battle itself

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

still lolling at the dragon sitting in range of the dozens of ballistas that were at the negotiation scene

thank u for letting him live, merciful cersei

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

if khaleesi goes too far away from the dragon it despawns :(

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

A Handed Missus posted:

still lolling at the dragon sitting in range of the dozens of ballistas that were at the negotiation scene

thank u for letting him live, merciful cersei

i was expecting a reaction shot from peepee greyjoy when tyrion told her to do it for her baby but nooo

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

SpaceAceJase posted:

This show continues to be poo poo except now they don't even show the tits, wtf?

Hopefully someone will make a Lionel Hutz business card style meme about this shortly.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

is this season 6 episodes only because dnd are incompetent?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A Handed Missus posted:

is this season 6 episodes only because dnd are incompetent?

they want to wrap it up this poo poo, hbo give them unlimited time and or money. there is no reason to move the plot at this speed

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Most of the nice character moments this season feel vaguely inauthentic to me but gently caress drat if tormund trying to get laid while loudly accusing someone of making GBS threads in his pants didn’t make up for that. He’s a treasure and I’ll fondly remember every line of fan service to fall out of the actor

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Communist Bear posted:

I wonder if the reason d&d are looking so tired is because they know their careers are dead, and the last episode behind the scenes is going to be 15 minutes justifying their lovely decision making process and rueing ever agreeing to work with gurm.

And we all know gurm is immediately going to tweet afterwards saying "actually that's not the ending! I fooled you all! Stay tuned for my book."

Basically HBO should never have agreed to this.

Lol D&D are getting their own Star Wars trilogy. Their career is not dead whatsoever

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

Randarkman posted:

Alot of people who make movies dont understand or never bothered to try to understand that bows work different from guns and are much more difficult to use.

It's pretty much been accepted as correct over the years due to how many times it's been said, but you also don't 'fire' a bow.

Also you can't hold a drawn bow for more than a few seconds without some serious strain. At least not a old style bow like they have, I'd guess it's possible with modern pulley bows. These guys are always holding their aim like they were drawing back the hammer on a pistol. Drives me nuts. But all fantasy does that. Don't get me started on torches.

Jesus I'm such a goon.

The Dregs fucked around with this message at 14:22 on May 6, 2019

underthecube
Dec 5, 2018

Kazak posted:

Queen Cersei deserves the throne

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
My dog was snoozing nearby while we were watching last night. She let out a loud fart at the same time the dragon fell out of the sky.

Apt commentary, imo

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

George H.W. oval office posted:

Lol D&D are getting their own Star Wars trilogy. Their career is not dead whatsoever

I mean as garbage as they're writing now, they'll fit in the trash of what star wars has become real well.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
This took 2 years to film btw

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Typo posted:

This took 2 years to film btw

God that Starbucks cup must have gotten real gnarly

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Benioff and Weiss stated that they were unable to produce 10 episodes in the series' usual 12 to 14-month timeframe, as Weiss explained, "It's crossing out of a television schedule into more of a mid-range movie schedule".

:ok:

this was for season 7, but they also said the same for season 8

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Dany mistakenly heard that Urine's fleet had been kitted out with baristas. After further research she determined that hot caffeine beverages were no threat to her or her dragons. This proved to be her undoing.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

datajugend posted:

one leak that hasnt been posted here yet is that mike stoklasa is doing a special cameo voice over for the hound when his brother takes off his helmet. "whats wrong with your faaaaaaace?!"

lmaoooooo

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
50 shades of over saturation. Show is hilariously bad, I guess any theory of anything was wrong, its all spin off set ups.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I guess urine has all the magic artefacts he supposedly had in the books, but the show forgot to tell us

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Skypie posted:

apparently auto-firing ballista

also, shoutout to bronn's repeating crossbow

it's impossible to threaten anyone with a crossbow you've just fired, at point blank

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 15:07 on May 6, 2019

Kurt Loadeater
May 15, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ok moron I don't think one of the shows top killers needed a loaded crossbow to threaten a one handed man and a midget.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Kurt Loadeater posted:

Ok moron I don't think one of the shows top killers needed a loaded crossbow to threaten a one handed man and a midget.

they could have called for help and had half the castle in the room before bronn reloaded. bronn didn't even bring a sword.

Kurt Loadeater
May 15, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Man you are digging real deep to discover lil nuggets of poo poo no one else has complained about yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Dany should have done a barrel roll.