Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
the wrestlehut New York 64 thread is an incredible primer on the horrors of Vince

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
this poo poo is incredible

https://twitter.com/allan_cheapshot/status/1125414981921587200

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

simply intended to text the wifey at 3am to inform her of the excessive amount of cum on her face, as one does.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

lol that thread is incredible

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

https://twitter.com/Toffile/status/1125426845783068672?s=19

https://twitter.com/Toffile/status/1125426944017874944?s=19

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

found it :nws:

https://i.imgur.com/txlVMWw.jpg

lol at chris

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

This is a deadspin comment i saved from a while back because i liked it so much but Vince McMahon is nuts and probably a total pieceof poo poo but still fascinating to me

quote:

I mean look, this will sound like I’m fellating the man, but Vince McMahon has to be one of the most fascinating figures in American history. If they ever make a Vince biopic I’ll be camped in front of the theater.

Guy grows up in a trailer park, sexually abused by his own loving mother, publicly states decades later that he wishes he could have killed his stepfather. Barely knows his dad, but falls in love with his business - a real fuckin’ carny business at the time - once he gets on the road with him.

Takes over, breaks just about every single unspoken “rule” of the wrestling business by going national, conquers all the territories and gets just about all these promoters working for him in one way or the other.

Massively successful, he looks to go mainstream and break into the entertainment business (because his dream is actually to make movies), but apart from brief flirting with NBC at the height of Hulkamania, is largely and publicly mocked and denigrated by the entire industry, who look down their nose at him and his “product,” even when they benefit from it (Diller’s comment, a perfect example). This goes on for 30 some-odd years.

The federal government decides they’re gonna crawl up his rear end and put him on trial in a massive steroid scandal, he doesn’t blink and beats the charges.

A real legitimate billionaire, for whatever reason, decides he’s going to put him into the ground, signs all his top stars, he shrugs his shoulders, creates two megastars (one of whom is now the highest-grossing actor in Hollywood), oversees the most profitable time in wrestling history to that point, and less than a decade later owns his competition.

Again, despite all this success, his attempt to go mainstream and his first actual, legitimate public failure, the XFL, again just results in everybody in the mainstream media mocking him, calling him the “wrasslin guy,” etc. Watch the Bob Costas interview and tell me it’s not decades worth of not being taken seriously - basically being treated like the trailer park kid that he feels he is, deep down - boiling over.

Still basically gets no respect from anybody for years until television - both network and cable - basically become a wasteland as people cut the cord and have more entertainment options than ever. Ratings plummet across the board, except for WWE, which remain strong as ever.

And now, those same people who mocked him and didn’t want anything to do with him for years and years and years, bereft of any other options, have to come crawling back to kiss the ring and give him gobs and gobs of money to prop up their sagging ratings. Oh, and in the midst of that, a personal friend of his gets elected the goddamn President of the United States and his wife ends up a high-ranking member of his cabinet, to put a cap on his war against the federal government.

I’m sorry, whatever you think of the guy, he always comes out on top. It’s pretty goddamn incredible.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

yeah aint it weird how being a huge sociopathic piece of poo poo can get you far in this world

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

aardvaard posted:

yeah aint it weird how being a huge sociopathic piece of poo poo can get you far in this world

hosed up if true

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

aardvaard posted:

holy poo poo. thank you for pulling back the curtain. this world is so corrupt.........

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

john d rockefeller rose out of poverty and a broken home to become one of the richest men on earth, even as the "government" tried to take him down. whatever you think of the guy, he always came out on top

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

go listen to prairie home companion

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
it also means that vince will live to be 102 and will be doing production in the gorilla position until the day he dies

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

my bitter bi rival posted:

i'm so happy that got pulled from npr

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

lol they had to change the name after they fired garrison keillor for sexual harassment because he owns the trademark

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
PHC was one of the 3 good shows on public radio. the other 2 being marketplace and car talk.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lol they had to change the name after they fired garrison keillor for sexual harassment because he owns the trademark

Q is still, inexplicably, called Q

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i enjoy the fact that the surviving car talk guy is open about the fact that he hates cars and car culture, as did his late brother

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
how could you not after running that show or being in business as a mechanic

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
v bublé

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Shaggar posted:

PHC was one of the 3 good shows on public radio. the other 2 being marketplace and car talk.

wrong. wrong. yes

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

that image becomes more cursed the longer you look at it... but also i could eat a qp with cheese or whatever the gently caress that is right now

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i pair my chicken tendies with a playful pinot grigio that mingles well with both ranch and bbq sauces

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

whose third wine glass is that

why is there no seat on that couch centered to the tv

where is the back-left speaker

is THAT the back-left speaker

why is that power cable pulled so taut, does amazon not deliver power bars

sure come on in just leave your laptop bag and your shoes in the "closet", that being the space between the giant version of the creative labs speakers that came with multimedia cd-rom kits and my "HTPC"

why is the black lamp leaning against the wall and what's it trying to set fire to first

is your rent somehow calculated based on the number of wall hangings you have

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

flakeloaf posted:

sure come on in just leave your laptop bag and your shoes in the "closet", that being the space between the giant version of the creative labs speakers that came with multimedia cd-rom kits and my "HTPC"

please do not mock having a full-size desktop tower next to the tv

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

if i cannot laugh at myself then i shall not laugh

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

This is a deadspin comment i saved from a while back because i liked it so much but Vince McMahon is nuts and probably a total pieceof poo poo but still fascinating to me

vince would never have won so completely if pittsburgh sports journalist and future radio personality mark madden didnt inadvertantly sink wcw in the early 90s

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

how else am i gonna maintain 144fps when blundering about in vr?

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

flakeloaf posted:

whose third wine glass is that

why is there no seat on that couch centered to the tv

where is the back-left speaker

is THAT the back-left speaker

why is that power cable pulled so taut, does amazon not deliver power bars

why is the black lamp leaning against the wall and what's it trying to set fire to first

is your rent somehow calculated based on the number of wall hangings you have

have you never seen an adult-childs apartment/VR setup?

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

hmm, in the basement near the washing machine, probably just a spill when adding the laundry detergent :kiddo:

https://mobile.twitter.com/geekwire/status/1125417297525395456

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

oh man wait until he announces the developers

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

lancemantis posted:

have you never seen an adult-childs apartment/VR setup?

or more importantly for that image, the things a marketing person thinks are normal?

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

flakeloaf posted:

that's one of those poles people use to hold up the vive base stations without putting holes in the wall

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
early pre-nitro wcw leadership was hilarious

jim herd was an ex pizza hut manager

he basically tanked the company by firing ric flair for insubordination

herd wanted and flair refused to cut his hair, start wearing an earring, and refusing to change his name to spartacus

flair had been nwa world champ and per nwa policy had paid a $25000 security deposit and thus owned the actual physical wcw world title belt at the time that was used on tv and skipped up to wwf with it

wcw eventually sued and forced the footage of the title to be blurred on ip grounds and paid flair 38 grand for it back

after herd got fired for among other things trying to make a tag team of bell ringing hunchbacks called the ding dongs they hired kip frey who was actually legit a good dude who started offering bonuses and tried to clean up the locker room by letting spouses visit and come on tours

then frey quit unexpectedly and then they hired bill watts to replace him

watts got rid of all the morale boosting stuff, banned going over the top rope and was in the record in an interview saying restaraunts could ban black people from receiving service

wcw at this time had been fully bought out and absorbed by turner sports

mark madden had the opportunity to interview a vice president of another turner subsidiary, namely hank aaron of the atlanta braves about how he felt about watts and his comments

watts got fired shortly after and eventually got replaced by eric bischoff who knew how to corporate bubble speak and the rest is history

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

a tag team of bell ringing hunchbacks called the ding dongs
this world is a beautiful place, sometimes

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

FMguru posted:

this world is a beautiful place, sometimes

you'd never be able to pin them because they would always have a shoulder up

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

hmm, in the basement near the washing machine, probably just a spill when adding the laundry detergent :kiddo:

https://mobile.twitter.com/geekwire/status/1125417297525395456

i'd go the opposite direction and announce an end to the pointless pageantry that is the state of the union address

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
the president advising congress on the state of the union is required by the constitution but he's not required to do it in the form of a big speech. he's also not required to do it every year. he could probably do it by writing "country good" on a post-it and mailing it to the house and senate leaders

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

haveblue posted:

the president advising congress on the state of the union is required by the constitution but he's not required to do it in the form of a big speech. he's also not required to do it every year. he could probably do it by writing "country good" on a post-it and mailing it to the house and senate leaders

yeah that's what i meant. there was a good long stretch where it was just a letter sent from the president to congress. today you could probably just do it with a PDF attachment in an email to every sitting senator and representative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

haveblue posted:

what if i tweet it instead