Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Kill Team: Elites preview

- Mentions Termies, Flash Gitz, Wraithguard, and Custards
- New commanders: Lord of Contagion and T’au Commander are listed
- "Legendary Operatives": Boss Snikrot, Ilic Nightspear, and Sly Muthafukin Marbo
- Subfaction rules
- Three new elite Kill Team boxes: Flash Gitz, DG Termies, TS Termies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Inspector_666 posted:

My immediate reaction to the Elites ToC is that I'm surprised to see no Kataphrons for AdMech, and I'm very interested to see how they price the Electo-priests since in a unit size of one I don't know why I would take them over Sicarians.

Also Death Guard are going to be hilariously tough to kill and murder everything in close combat with the new units and I'm into it.

Realistically the Electro-priests are tougher than kataphrons against multi-damage or high ap stuff, especially since you can bump them to a 4++ with a tactic. They're also significantly more killy against a lot of targets. 6" move and no good shooting means that they'll need a price drop though to be viable.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

NovemberMike posted:

Realistically the Electro-priests are tougher than kataphrons against multi-damage or high ap stuff, especially since you can bump them to a 4++ with a tactic. They're also significantly more killy against a lot of targets. 6" move and no good shooting means that they'll need a price drop though to be viable.

Yeah I'm probably underrating the 5++/5+++ on them in terms of toughness, and a Combat/Zealot Fulgerite could definitely lay out some hurt if he gets the charge off.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Cross-posting some finished gross boys.

Zuul the Cat posted:

Well, I managed to get my 6 Plague Marines finished for Kill Team. I went a little heavy on the grime and fluids because I wanted it to be visible from the tabletop. Pretty happy with how they turned out. I need to still add snow to their bases.

I feel like you could keep painting DG forever. So many bits and bobs.

Also got the 2 Poxwalkers I added to my Kill Team tabletop ready.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Inspector_666 posted:

Yeah I'm probably underrating the 5++/5+++ on them in terms of toughness, and a Combat/Zealot Fulgerite could definitely lay out some hurt if he gets the charge off.

Fulgurites are also interesting because you don't really want to throw chaff at them. If you throw a random model there to keep them off your important thing they might end up with a 3++ that can be upgraded to a 2++ for a turn.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Doesn't look like eldar get warlocks.
My disappointment is immense and my day is ruined.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
No assault marines. I am disappoint.

Curious what that Veteran datasheet is going to be. One-sheet solution for adding Vanguard and Sternguard Vets?

(Also, no Aggressors? It made sense not to put them in the main rulebook, but if you're letting Terminators in....)

Stephenls fucked around with this message at 17:34 on May 6, 2019

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
I'm curious what makes it over to Deathwatch, probably just terminator stuff, veterans.

It'd be nice to get rules for Shadowspear stuff, but I won't hold my breath

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

TheBigAristotle posted:

I'm curious what makes it over to Deathwatch, probably just terminator stuff, veterans.

It'd be nice to get rules for Shadowspear stuff, but I won't hold my breath

On the one hand, I feel like GW was hinting earlier that Deathwatch might get Shadowspear stuff eventually, which I took at the time to mean "When we're selling a multipose kit with modular shoulder pads," and I assume Warhammer Fest will kick off the Vanguard release wave. And it'd be weird for them to publish a Kill Team Elites book that obsoletes itself within a few weeks.

On the other hand, there's no guarantee the Vanguard stuff is coming out right away, GW hasn't exactly been shy about publishing books without stuff and then releasing a one-page errata later that adds it in, and in any case the Vanguard are kind of being positioned as replacements for Scouts, which Deathwatch don't get.

So... I, too, am curious.

Stephenls fucked around with this message at 18:02 on May 6, 2019

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.

Hihohe posted:

Doesn't look like eldar get warlocks.
My disappointment is immense and my day is ruined.

Aren’t warlocks in commanders?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

NovemberMike posted:

Fulgurites are also interesting because you don't really want to throw chaff at them. If you throw a random model there to keep them off your important thing they might end up with a 3++ that can be upgraded to a 2++ for a turn.

I'm interested to see how Siphoned Vigor looks in KT, since it seems like it would be pretty overpowered if they just have to kill one model to get the 3++ for the rest of the game.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
What do you all use for transport? I'm putting together my Doom Scythe and I just know this thing is going to fall apart after one trip to my game store.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

Somberbrero posted:

What do you all use for transport? I'm putting together my Doom Scythe and I just know this thing is going to fall apart after one trip to my game store.

https://www.krmulticase.com/

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Stephenls posted:

More cross-posting.

This one is real good

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Ayn Marx posted:

This one is real good

Thanks. That one was sort of also a test of the level of effort I want to put into my Dark Imperium officers, now that I’ve almost reached them.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Flavivirus posted:

Aren’t warlocks in commanders?

oh poo poo your right. Disrgard my dispointment and my day has returned to mediocre.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

One of these guys is lost. Where's Waldo/Wally Red Corsair.

gilljoy
May 3, 2009
Should I paint my eldar as Ulthwe, Iyanden or Mymeara?

Give me some inspiration please.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Harvey Mantaco posted:

So are big name players mostly all annoying turds?

Quite the opposite in fact. I'll freely admit that my experience with top tier players is fairly limited, but all of my interactions have been extremely pleasant. They've always come off as really friendly, smart people who know every single loving detail about the game.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Ulthwe sound good, but black armies tend to vanish or blend in on the tabletop, and painting black is an experience in misery.

If you can handle yellow, go with Iyanden.

evol262
Nov 30, 2010
#!/usr/bin/perl
Painting black is misery.

Paint yellow

:confuoot:

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

evol262 posted:

Paint yellow

:confuoot:

Yeah, good point.

Painting black is hard. Edge highlighting black takes a lot of time and practice - I have yet to paint a black model that I'm happy with.

Painting yellow is also hard, but with a cheap airbrush you can get get good results, and they'll really stand out on a tabletop.

gilljoy
May 3, 2009
Yeah that's what I'm thinking too:

The black and bone would look pretty class but a bit of a pain to paint, though I think I prefer ulthwe's craftworld attribute.

Iyanden willl also be cool, I absolutely love wraith units so it's kind of fluffy now.

On the other hand the turquoise and green of Mymera would be cool as well.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Yellow is so much easier if you prime white.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Battlewagon’s finally almost ready for paint

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

moths posted:

Yellow is so much easier if you prime white.
^^^ This. It is also true of bright reds.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

OhDearGodNo posted:

Holy poo poo this rules so hard.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

evol262 posted:

Especially if you don't shade it.

paging Sleazy to the thread.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

mango sentinel posted:

Knights can be incredibly narrative focused :smith:

Oh yeah! I mean it sounds like they're not obnoxious to play in a friendly setting.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
Mymeara are surprisingly easy to paint.

Also they haven't had their craftworld attribute set.

(I play mine as Ulthwe most of the time anyway)

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I think people are overstating how hard it is to paint black and you should join in the song of Ulthanash.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I paint my Stygies guys black with a rattlecan of Rustoleum as the basecoat and then call it a day.

(I should highlight the edges of the robes or something tbh.)

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Gw store owner told me they sell pots because of patent issues but he's kinda odd so I don't know. Whatever it is i bet it's just whatever, that's my opinion.

Yeah thats not true.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

existence taping is hell.

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?

OhDearGodNo posted:

This is a work of art.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
So no elites for harlequins in the new kt expansion then?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Harvey Mantaco posted:

So no elites for harlequins in the new kt expansion then?

nothing for the rogue trader factions either it looks like. laaaame

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Inspector_666 posted:

Holy poo poo this rules so hard.

Legendary Ptarmigan posted:

This is a work of art.

Thanks- anyone have any ideas on sail material?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I'm taking my 1000pts of Space Wolves against Eldar and Thousand Sons this weekend. I'm excited to see what happens with this list. It's just a shitload of ss/th terminators with Arjac and a terminator wolf priest, multi-role terminators leading grey hunters and long fangs. The terminator leaders with new storm bolters rules did ok last game so I think they'll be alright versus Eldar. It's a fat slow army but when it gets close it's going to rain blows upon people like Frank Costanza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

OhDearGodNo posted:

Thanks- anyone have any ideas on sail material?

I'd cut the top and bottom off a plastic bottle, slice the remaining cylinder vertically, then use a heat gun or hair dryer to uncurl it. It should also have a "wavy" appearance, work with model cement, and be easy to cut / bend into a shape you want.