Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Zore posted:

look if i can't have a Sabertooth Tiger hilariously sneaking around to murder people for me what is even the point

You can have a robot dinosaur friend do that instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

HZD is overrated imo but Bloodborne is the greatest game ever made so it justifies the PS4's existence on its own

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Imagine living without playing Monster Hunter World

HZD was ok

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HZD is deece for an open-world game.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Wipeout remains the best combat racer

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sekiro, RE2 remake and DMC5 were fantastic and that's just this year

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Andrast posted:

I haven't played RE2 yet (the demo was great though) but yeah Sekiro and DMC5 are god-tier games

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I think I hate Wargroove, or at least the campaign of it. nothing sucks more than spending like an hour on a slow as poo poo campaign mission only to steadily get pinned into an unwinnable situation and lose. feels like a massive waste of time, gently caress that "escape from the undead" mission with mercia/nuru.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
That's what I love about Into the Breach. There's none of this, "things slowly falling out of hand via a cumulation of mistakes I had no way of knowing I was making."

You screw up, stuff dies that turn, and you fail.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Horizon Zero Dawn

I tried playing it after botw but lmao it's so obsessed with its narrative and its cutscenes and it's bloated control scheme it's the goofus to botws gallant

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Huxley posted:

That's what I love about Into the Breach. There's none of this, "things slowly falling out of hand via a cumulation of mistakes I had no way of knowing I was making."

You screw up, stuff dies that turn, and you fail.

I feel the opposite. One misclick and your grid takes damage that will gently caress up your income for the rest of the run

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The problem with Wargroove is that the missions are so loving long and take loving forever. Messing up late in a mission feels so bad because of it.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Andrast posted:

These are all on PC along with MHW, though I guess people are more likely to have a console than a PC that can run them just as well

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Andrast posted:

Imagine living without playing Monster Hunter World

HZD was ok

Not needing to spend ten minutes to kill a single lizard is a good thing

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

KingSlime posted:

These are all on PC along with MHW, though I guess people are more likely to have a console than a PC that can run them just as well

I just lumped those in to the "games a switch can't play" category since that was kind of the point.

I don't really care what platform they are on as long as I can play them. I prefer PC since I like strategy games and good framerates.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 19:55 on May 6, 2019

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I'm playing Wii U right now lol these menu load times are so bad but at least it has Xenoblade Chronicles!!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

romanowski posted:

Bloodborne is the greatest game ever made so it justifies the PS4's existence on its own

:hai:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
The worst thing about HZD is that I keep instinctively trying to use motion controls with the bow. It is hilariously similar to BotW in a ton of structural ways.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

deadly_pudding posted:

The worst thing about HZD is that I keep instinctively trying to use motion controls with the bow. It is hilariously similar to BotW in a ton of structural ways.

I had so much trouble with the controls and lack of climbing/gyro in hzd because I played it and botw at the same time

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Andrast posted:

I just lumped those in to the "games a switch can't play" category since that was kind of the point.

I don't really care what platform they are on as long as I can play them. I prefer PC since I like strategy games and good framerates.

Ah makes sense. Yeah I make the distinction because I've had a PC for a while and it gets harder and harder to justify a console (I've been considering upgrading to a PS4 pro). Everything gets PC ports now which is awesome

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
HZD is cool but not "I wish I had a PS4" cool

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Bloodborne on the other hand

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I had such a long lazy Sunday Into the Breach session that when I woke up today I'd temporarily rewired my brain into operating like the mechanics of the game, like how hardcore chess players start seeing life in zones of control

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

deadly_pudding posted:

Ew gross. Wiggle controls are a blight

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

KingSlime posted:

Ah makes sense. Yeah I make the distinction because I've had a PC for a while and it gets harder and harder to justify a console (I've been considering upgrading to a PS4 pro). Everything gets PC ports now which is awesome

Having a strong PC kind of spoils you with the performance. Going from ~100 FPS gsync stuff to Switch games that sometimes struggle to hit 30 is kind of jarring. Getting MH world on PC after a few months of owning it on PS4 was a huge deal. 1 minute loading times becoming 5 second loading times being the biggest factor.

The Switch is definitely my console of choice for any indie game that runs even passably well though. The portability is hard to beat for me.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Len posted:

you are using gyro really wrong if you think it's Wiggle controls

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Len posted:

Good job gyro aiming is absolutely nothing like 'wiggle' controls then!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Butterfly Valley posted:

Good job gyro aiming is absolutely nothing like 'wiggle' controls then!

Does it involve motion? Then it's a wiggle control.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Len posted:

Gyro for aiming is the future and you're a weird freak if you think otherwise.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Len posted:

Maybe you don't like gyro aiming because you're constantly shaking the controller all over the place and can't hit anything.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Len posted:

You should probably see a doctor

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Oh, I didn't even consider the fact that Len has a debilitating nervous disorder, and thus all motions involve wiggling.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Cojawfee posted:

Maybe you don't like gyro aiming because you're constantly shaking the controller all over the place and can't hit anything.

Nah I don't like gyro aiming because screens should be stationary not moving all over the place.

Sixaxis, dualshock 4, all gyro controls are just bad.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
  • waggle sucks
  • gyro owns

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

When Len plays a PSVR, Oculus, or Vive game they keep their neck absolutely locked in place and refuse to look around. That uses gyroscopes and would be "wiggle controls"

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Len posted:

Sixaxis, dualshock 4, all gyro controls are just bad.

Neither of those have a screen on them

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'm going to finally buy a loving fps on this thing. Which of these is best FOR THE MONEY, presuming I do not care about multiplayer.

Doom
Wolfenstein 2
Turok

Or are there any other good fps.

I know Doom is probably best, but have heard Turok is pretty great and probably a very good value comparatively.

Gyro aiming is a must.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Neither of those have a screen on them

No but my 3ds and Switch do and I dislike it on both

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I'm going to finally buy a loving fps on this thing. Which of these is best FOR THE MONEY, presuming I do not care about multiplayer.

Doom
Wolfenstein 2
Turok

Or are there any other good fps.

I know Doom is probably best, but have heard Turok is pretty great and probably a very good value comparatively.

Gyro aiming is a must.

I only played Doom on PC but it's really good