Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

Avirosb posted:

You gotta love capitalism.

how can you be sure you have the freedom to starve if no one starves, hmm? tree of economic liberty, blood of loomers, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Since it's gonna happen eventually who is gonna be the Andrew Ryan who starts up the real life Rapture

Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT

Untrustable posted:

Dudes will protest natives in white people spaces but don't dare set a foot in any Indian nation because Tribal PD will stomp their goofy asses and add federal charges on top of it thanks to special commissions from the BIA.

Lighthorse is deputized throughout Oklahoma. technically they can stomp rear end anywhere :v:

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
62k likes for straight up nazi language lmao

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

OldTennisCourt posted:

Since it's gonna happen eventually who is gonna be the Andrew Ryan who starts up the real life Rapture

It's gotta be Elon Musk.

Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT
Hiwaymen just found out about Bud Light sponsoring pride and are swearing off of Budweiser because they make rainbow beer cans.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Silver Nitrate posted:

Hiwaymen just found out about Bud Light sponsoring pride and are swearing off of Budweiser because they make rainbow beer cans.

drat. They'll have to get 3 point beer from anybody else.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

you could ask this about literally anyone ITT.

At least a wal-mart cashier provides a service, Owens dosn't even do that.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Silver Nitrate posted:

You don’t get to the highest incarceration rate in the world without locking up some fash. They also regularly charge hate crimes here. Oklahoma weird as hell.

Im pretty sure you're talking about Louisiana

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Mary Annette posted:

The full video isn't much better than the clip, but it has one real gem, paraphrased below:

LL: No one supports me! I've worked and I've slaved and I've sacrificed my life and career and no one cares! So-called conservative media won't retweet me! No one will share my videos! No one will help pay my legal fees! I've lost 90 percent of my income and I can't get a job in my field even though I was AT THE TOP OF MY CLASS IN COLLEGE!!!! I NEED MONEY AND NO ONE WILL HELP ME!!!!!!

AJ: ...yeah, give me some money, too

You forgot the part where Alex cuts off her audio. :lol:

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

you could ask this about literally anyone ITT.

weird defense for noted white supremacist, candace owens

Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Im pretty sure you're talking about Louisiana

we passed them in 2016 https://okpolicy.org/accepting-our-highest-in-the-world-incarceration-rate-means-believing-that-oklahomans-are-the-worst-people/

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Mr Interweb posted:

weird defense for noted white supremacist, candace owens

twistedmentat posted:

At least a wal-mart cashier provides a service, Owens dosn't even do that.

I wasn't talking about the posters, but maybe I should have.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

lol academia

https://mobile.twitter.com/prof_gabriele/status/1125008920710471680

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Lightning Knight posted:

Anime fascism is the worst kind of fascism.

do i need to bring up how hosed Japanese Politics are again in this thread?... :v:

Douglas McArthur was a loving monster and could arugably be considered the Progenitor of NeoConservatism imho

https://twitter.com/l0r3nzz011/status/1125136165760159744?s=19

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Medieval Europe, famous for its peace and stability.

BoneDaddy1969
Mar 4, 2018

Two men, firebrands of their time, now united under the fabled flag of legend, the banner of a united NAMBLA/UKIP front.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

saw this on the chapo subreddit. ben shapiro only objects to antisemitism against real Jews

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists
[ben shapiro voice] I am very smart and good at being Jewish. What is a ethnoreligion

Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT
-

Silver Nitrate has issued a correction as of 04:44 on May 11, 2019

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Ruzihm posted:

saw this on the chapo subreddit. ben shapiro only objects to antisemitism against real Jews

he's always been an evangelical in a yarmulke.

https://twitter.com/CobsAndDonuts/status/1125412676262350849

Groovelord Neato has issued a correction as of 20:43 on May 6, 2019

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

heh loving SJW beta cuck losers

~proceeds to pretend post as a literal baby~

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

:stonk:

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Okay maybe I'm missing the obvious context but 'alt right group using known racist 4chan frog meme is actually racist' seems like a given? Or is this one of those things that's only overt to places like CSPAM and other extremely online types but is somehow still not noticed by the general public despite them basically being high-profile white supremacists since at least 2016?

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

It's like these idiots don't realize there's this thing called "recorded video".

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I wasn't talking about the posters, but maybe I should have.

What? Then what were you referring to if...not the posters in this thread?

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Wolfsheim posted:

Okay maybe I'm missing the obvious context but 'alt right group using known racist 4chan frog meme is actually racist' seems like a given? Or is this one of those things that's only overt to places like CSPAM and other extremely online types but is somehow still not noticed by the general public despite them basically being high-profile white supremacists since at least 2016?

pepe and pepe-variant emoji are the most commonly used emoji on twitch and discord

the clown pepe didn't catch on with mainstream people so they're actively trying to subvert the types of pepe emoji that did

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Mr Interweb posted:

What? Then what were you referring to if...not the posters in this thread?

I figured the subjects of the thread, Owens's colleagues so to speak.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

In the comments you see the Nazi's throwing out report bait too. Not very well though.

https://twitter.com/FairFren/status/1125432754383065088

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

LonsomeSon posted:

Ohhhh, I see. I read it in a way that it made it seem like it was referring to goons (SA involved).

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/MollyJongFast/status/1125418579187445761

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Wolfsheim posted:

Understanding the depths of irony poisoning going on here is the ultimate "trap sprung" but whatever it's not a surprise that I'm terminally online.

"Frenworld" is just the next evolution of insane dog whistle rhetoric that the alt-right is trying out. This particular variant, the other being "clownworld" (I hate that I know this), isn't even really intrinsically tied to the pepe knock off character they're using. The point of it is basically to test the level of plausible deniability they need to use in order to spread on reddit and other sites unopposed. It's all based in infantile, idiotic, musings in the vein of a 4 year old's understanding of the world. The vast majority of the posts there are just useless white noise about wanting "frens" and having fun or some innocuous poo poo, but that's just a smokescreen for the dog whistle posts, which themselves are several layers deep in assumed understanding. Take that "Thanos Fren" post: You'd have to already know about the racist theory of 52% of crime being committed by 13% of the population (and that population specifically being African Americans). It otherwise flies under the radar because "Hurrr, Thanos Avengers Snap population 50% gone huurhhrh". But the point is that someone is going to ask "Wait, 52%? That's not right?" and then they try to hook that person in with more propaganda.

Reddit has been very clear that you need to toe a specific line of plausible deniability when it comes to posting white supremacist and nazi content to their site. The more open subs have been banned. The poorly obfuscated ones have also been banned. The ones posting obvious old dog whistles have also also been banned. So now they're trying to figure out just what the line is (without being a protected sub like /r/The_Donald).

We recognize that it's clearly racist right off the bat, but we have been online far too long and seen far too much of this loving bullshit. The average person is only vaguely aware that pepe looked like something similar, but this doesn't seem to be the same thing so whatever, and reddit will probably let it slide as long as possible until they finally gently caress up enough and openly start calling for a Nazi purge.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Mr Interweb posted:

It's like these idiots don't realize there's this thing called "recorded video".

Alex Jones went through his entire day-long deposition saying that all the videos of him saying things were "edited" and "taken out of context".

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/PrisonPlanet/status/1125018902277308416

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
trump bait

does he even care about this issue any more. trump whines about it every few months, gets distracted and does nothing

iirc this time a horse race distracted him

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Reclines Obesily posted:

trump bait

does he even care about this issue any more. trump whines about it every few months, gets distracted and does nothing

iirc this time a horse race distracted him

He cares as much as he ever did.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Crain posted:

Understanding the depths of irony poisoning going on here is the ultimate "trap sprung" but whatever it's not a surprise that I'm terminally online.

"Frenworld" is just the next evolution of insane dog whistle rhetoric that the alt-right is trying out. This particular variant, the other being "clownworld" (I hate that I know this), isn't even really intrinsically tied to the pepe knock off character they're using. The point of it is basically to test the level of plausible deniability they need to use in order to spread on reddit and other sites unopposed. It's all based in infantile, idiotic, musings in the vein of a 4 year old's understanding of the world. The vast majority of the posts there are just useless white noise about wanting "frens" and having fun or some innocuous poo poo, but that's just a smokescreen for the dog whistle posts, which themselves are several layers deep in assumed understanding. Take that "Thanos Fren" post: You'd have to already know about the racist theory of 52% of crime being committed by 13% of the population (and that population specifically being African Americans). It otherwise flies under the radar because "Hurrr, Thanos Avengers Snap population 50% gone huurhhrh". But the point is that someone is going to ask "Wait, 52%? That's not right?" and then they try to hook that person in with more propaganda.

Reddit has been very clear that you need to toe a specific line of plausible deniability when it comes to posting white supremacist and nazi content to their site. The more open subs have been banned. The poorly obfuscated ones have also been banned. The ones posting obvious old dog whistles have also also been banned. So now they're trying to figure out just what the line is (without being a protected sub like /r/The_Donald).

We recognize that it's clearly racist right off the bat, but we have been online far too long and seen far too much of this loving bullshit. The average person is only vaguely aware that pepe looked like something similar, but this doesn't seem to be the same thing so whatever, and reddit will probably let it slide as long as possible until they finally gently caress up enough and openly start calling for a Nazi purge.

Yeah it also seems so obscure as to defeat the entire point, an entire system that functions just as winking at eachother and nothing else lol.

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao
Welp, the beating of milkshake man was confirmed, video evidence premeditated
https://twitter.com/AhAAn20/status/1124648505778286594

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Fact.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

LonsomeSon posted:

it was easy to misinterpret tbh

Mr Interweb posted:

Ohhhh, I see. I read it in a way that it made it seem like it was referring to goons (SA involved).

:same:

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Grape posted:

Yeah it also seems so obscure as to defeat the entire point, an entire system that functions just as winking at eachother and nothing else lol.

if I had to ascribe a real strategy to it instead of "internet fash just want to keep posting racist memes" I would say its an attempt to regroup after having so many of their online spaces busted up with ban waves, doxxings, and chat log leaks

if they want to be able to rebuild and start recruiting again they need to find a way to signal their in-group membership that won't get them immediately busted out of every discord server they get into, the problem is, like the twitter thread points out, they can't really control themselves, the mask always slips and always slips in a way that's unmistakable

it's like when a guy slides into a girl's DMs and then when she doesn't immediately respond he starts calling her slurs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

staticman posted:

Welp, the beating of milkshake man was confirmed, video evidence premeditated
https://twitter.com/AhAAn20/status/1124648505778286594

this makes Milkshake Thrower Man a much bigger hero

I alkready knew he had balls of steel, 10:1 odds is like, balls of vibranium