Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

less laughter posted:

• waggle sucks
  • gyro owns

The gyro sucks rear end in BOTW's gyro shrines

Is there a way to recalibrate or reset it or anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Len posted:

No but my 3ds and Switch do and I dislike it on both

are your eyes incapable of following movement or something?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The only gyro so far I've enjoyed is Fatal Frame Wii U which I bought the other day still at full retail price and downloading it takes up like almost the entire Wii U hard drive. It'd be cool to have a Fatal Frame on Switch, perhaps a port of this one because Switch loves ports!

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I'm going to finally buy a loving fps on this thing. Which of these is best FOR THE MONEY, presuming I do not care about multiplayer.

Doom
Wolfenstein 2
Turok

Or are there any other good fps.

I know Doom is probably best, but have heard Turok is pretty great and probably a very good value comparatively.

Gyro aiming is a must.

Wolfenstein 2 is best played by watching the cutscenes on YouTube. I'd say Doom is your winner unless funds are scarce. It feels like a drat miracle when you play it portable.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

romanowski posted:

Bloodborne is the greatest game ever made so it justifies the PS4's existence on its own

Preach it brother, fear the old blood.

Len posted:

No but my 3ds and Switch do and I dislike it on both

I really like Gyro aiming on the 3DS, but I use my Switch exclusively docked so it doesn't feel as good but it's not bad. Any other type of motion control I hate though.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Butterfly Valley posted:

I had such a long lazy Sunday Into the Breach session that when I woke up today I'd temporarily rewired my brain into operating like the mechanics of the game, like how hardcore chess players start seeing life in zones of control

Same but Picross so I looked like a lunatic walking on tile.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Len is correct and the rest of you are weird. :colbert:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I've got a gift card to spend at a gamestop, and I'm torn between Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Octopath Traveler. With Xenoblade, I'd probably get the DLC thing as well, so in evaluating my two choices I'd say to keep that in mind.

What's this thread's consensus?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Andrast posted:

are your eyes incapable of following movement or something?

Nah just don't like playing that way. You guys are okay to enjoy it though because it's okay to have differing opinions.

It's still a blight though

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Try the Octopath demo, it’s pretty representative of the game as a whole so if you like/hate the demo you’ll probably feel the same about the full game.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Len, can you drive a car, or does the steering wheel really throw you off and you need a D-pad?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Len posted:

You guys are okay to enjoy it though because it's okay to have differing opinions.

Not in the loving Switch thread.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Gyroblight Gannon was the worst boss in botw

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mega64 posted:

Not in the loving Switch thread.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Wait it’s just the original Devil May Cry?

I like the game but it’s like 4-6 hours long.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Mega64 posted:

Try the Octopath demo, it’s pretty representative of the game as a whole so if you like/hate the demo you’ll probably feel the same about the full game.

I totally forgot about demos, whoops

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It's called the switch because you switch off all the gimmicks and just play the drat game

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Wait it’s just the original Devil May Cry?

I like the game but it’s like 4-6 hours long.

Yeah, it's kind of a bad deal when you consider that HD Collection is on everything now and goes for about 30 bucks (20 on sale). I could maybe be tempted if it was just 3 standalone but just 1 is not great.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Takoluka posted:

Len, can you drive a car, or does the steering wheel really throw you off and you need a D-pad?

I live in Ohio and think I have two turns between my home and work? It's rough lemme tell ya

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Policenaut posted:

Yeah, it's kind of a bad deal when you consider that HD Collection is on everything now and goes for about 30 bucks (20 on sale). I could maybe be tempted if it was just 3 standalone but just 1 is not great.

Yeah and the original doesn’t even have a bloody palace mode.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Remember Len - Steal My Sunshine? That was a good song

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Remember Len - Steal My Sunshine? That was a good song

Apparently Len came from Cubivore? I never played that game but I heard it was unique

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Policenaut posted:

Is that on Steam? Best way to get into that series? I haven't played any of these games but I've seen Dante in a couple YouTube videos and I like him. He's funny.

For reference I loved Bayonetta but I am terrible at it. Does DMC have a babby mode for babbies who are terrible at the game?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

RBA Starblade posted:

The gyro sucks rear end in BOTW's gyro shrines

Is there a way to recalibrate or reset it or anything

Go to the system settings and scroll down to controllers. You can calibrate the controllers and the switch itself there.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Silver Falcon posted:

Is that on Steam? Best way to get into that series? I haven't played any of these games but I've seen Dante in a couple YouTube videos and I like him. He's funny.

For reference I loved Bayonetta but I am terrible at it. Does DMC have a babby mode for babbies who are terrible at the game?

Yeah, it's on Steam, just get it there.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Silver Falcon posted:

Yeah it's on Steam. There's an easy mode but in DMC1 and 3 you have to die 3 times to unlock it I think? Don't play DMC2

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Speaking of lovely controllers. Why do my joycons randomly disconnect if I play the system docked? I'll be playing a game and all of a sudden one just stops to reset itself.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Cojawfee posted:

Go to the system settings and scroll down to controllers. You can calibrate the controllers and the switch itself there.

Thanks!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Len posted:

Speaking of lovely controllers. Why do my joycons randomly disconnect if I play the system docked? I'll be playing a game and all of a sudden one just stops to reset itself.

Stop wiggling them so much.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

I'm going to finally buy a loving fps on this thing. Which of these is best FOR THE MONEY, presuming I do not care about multiplayer.

Doom
Wolfenstein 2
Turok

I know Doom is probably best, but have heard Turok is pretty great and probably a very good value comparatively.

Gyro aiming is a must.
If you don't mind third person shooters, Warframe is loving fun

Caffeinated Jerkoff
Jul 13, 2014

Len posted:

You're either very far away from the Switch, or there's interference from other devices/things in between the Switch and you. I had this issue intermittently when I had my Switch behind my TV

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Caffeinated Jerkoff posted:

You're either very far away from the Switch, or there's interference from other devices/things in between the Switch and you. I had this issue intermittently when I had my Switch behind my TV

About 4 or 5 feet away?

It's beside the tv but looking at the list of what could gently caress with a Joycon it can be devices using WiFi (like everything on the tv stand), being too close to a router, aquariums, TV's, cell phones and tablets.

Len fucked around with this message at 21:25 on May 6, 2019

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Its me, I hate gyro controls

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

gyro aiming is even better on handhelds

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Doom
Wolfenstein 2
Turok

Gyro aiming is a must.

Wolfenstein 2 was really disappointing compared to 1 but it's okay.
Doom 2016 is a great game

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I just picked up Death Road to Canada due to an urge for a new roguelike.

I don't really want spoilers, as I'm looking forward to learning the game myself, but are there any particularly annoying pitfalls I should watch out for?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

TheScott2K posted:

HZD is cool but not "I wish I had a PS4" cool

I bought my PS4 for The Pinball Arcade, and now that FarSight lost the licenses, the console is dead to me.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Doom
Wolfenstein 2
Turok

Gyro aiming is a must.

I've only played Doom on Switch but it was great. I was surprised, too, that I could just play it in short bursts when I had the time. It looked, ran, and played very nicely.

I've got a soft spot for Turok after playing it a ton as a kid in the 90s but I can't imagine it's aged well.

RBA Starblade posted:

It's called the switch because you switch off all the gimmicks and just play the drat game

No, it's called the Switch because it's the first pansexual and gender-fluid game console.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 21:40 on May 6, 2019

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

PantsBandit posted:

I just picked up Death Road to Canada due to an urge for a new roguelike.

I don't really want spoilers, as I'm looking forward to learning the game myself, but are there any particularly annoying pitfalls I should watch out for?

Go ahead and cheat and open up the weapons wiki. Some weapons can be used indefinitely while some are breakable, and sometimes even weapons that are the same (hammer vs. a different kind of hammer) have different damage stats. The game has no way to look at weapon stats so that's the only way to figure it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hegel Exercises
Apr 25, 2019

Too fair to worship, too divine to love...

gyro aiming owns actually, sorry about your broken nervous system(s)