Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7daJ8PKTqqM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqFL3KAjKFI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
welp, I guess I have to play that

it's been largely forgotten, but most of the animals depicted in medieval manuscripts were based on racist slurs for various groups (snails= Lombards, I don't remember what the rabbits were), so this game would extremely offensive to a medieval person who followed our current system of ethics

let's hope that all of our current racist stereotypes will be completely unrecognizable in a few hundred years

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

twoday posted:

welp, I guess I have to play that

it's been largely forgotten, but most of the animals depicted in medieval manuscripts were based on racist slurs for various groups (snails= Lombards, I don't remember what the rabbits were), so this game would extremely offensive to a medieval person who followed our current system of ethics

let's hope that all of our current racist stereotypes will be completely unrecognizable in a few hundred years

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.pinterest.com/ssusanse/illuminated-manuscripts-animals/?lp=true

https://www.metmuseum.org/toah/hd/best/hd_best.htm

twoday
May 4, 2005

quote:

According to legend, Charlemagne received an elephant from Harun-al-Rashid, caliph of Baghdad in 797. Camels were known through contacts with nearby Muslim lands (61.219). Edgar of Scotland (r. 1097–1107), perhaps regretting his choice of an appropriate souvenir to bring back from Crusade, presented a camel to the king of Ireland.

Henry I of England (r. 1100–1135), maintained a small zoo, described by the chronicler William of Malmesbury: “Henry . . was extremely fond of the wonders of distant countries, begging with great delight, as I have observed, from foreign kings, lions, leopards, lynxes, or camels—animals which England does not produce. He had a park called Woodstock, in which he used to foster his favourites of this kind.” Nor was this an isolated example: Wenceslas of Bohemia, visiting Paris with his father as a teenager in 1378, asked to see the lions that King Charles V kept (at today’s Porte des Lions). Apes, from exotic lands yet not ferocious, were a favorite subject of late medieval artists, who delighted in showing them busy performing human tasks, engaged in industrious (1990.119.3) or mischievous behavior (52.50).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJuaZKBABO0

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
have you considered amending galactivate in the annals of c-spam?

twoday
May 4, 2005

I read this sort of poo poo and think, god drat, these people were working with so many centuries of precisely imbued meaning and symbols, in so many years of tradition, I can never possibly hope to make anything close to the artwork that they did

And then on the other hand I, through the sheer force of the internet, probably have access to 10,000,000 times more information than they did, and they weren’t that great at drawing either, so gently caress it, maybe I can, why not try

twoday
May 4, 2005

Lastgirl posted:

have you considered amending galactivate in the annals of c-spam?

galactivate rings a bell, but I don’t remember specifically who that was. I am open to the idea, but please refresh my memory

twoday
May 4, 2005

twoday has issued a correction as of 03:58 on May 6, 2019

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Found some stuff for you two day

Some of it is old, some of it isn't. My favorite is the guy wearing a cat hat while reading with his cat.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

twoday posted:

I am happy to see how much you all seem to treasure my artwork, it is a great joy to make it and send it to people who value it.

The book is taking a while, but I hope that it will similarly enshrine c-spam culture and serve as valued reflection of our rich community.

and FYI I threw the sailor block into the ocean, so stop messaging me asking for sailor prints, there will be no more unless the sea vomits it back upon the shore

can confirm, twoday literally threw this into the ocean... BUT...

:eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop:

twoday
May 4, 2005

what the gently caress

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lmao wth, did someone find the original block? hath capricious Jupiter rejected the offering?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

a piss tape miracle :pisstape:

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
the sea will not let us forget

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
please include an illustration in the book of sailer being cast into the ocean only to be returned to a waiting 2DCAT on the shore by some kind of mythical ocean beast like a Mermaid or Leviathan

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Tainen posted:

the sea will not let us forget

The legend lives on from the Trump on down
Of the forum they called 'c-spammy'
The sea, it is said, never gives up her dead
When the skies over twoday turn gloomy
With a load of a artwork twenty-six thousand tons more
Than the Piss Tape weighed empty

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
loving lmfao for ever and ever

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

twoday posted:

what the gently caress

twoday
May 4, 2005

Epic High Five posted:

lmao wth, did someone find the original block? hath capricious Jupiter rejected the offering?

Neptune, and yes that seems to be the case.

twoday has issued a correction as of 20:54 on May 6, 2019

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

2DCAT posted:

:trumppop:

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
remembering sailor is not optional

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

two-day throws the printing block into the ocean, whereapon reality warps like The matrix and the block rockets out out of a different part of the ocean striking 2dcats friend in the head

He now remembers sailor.

twoday
May 4, 2005

Eat This Glob posted:

The legend lives on from the Trump on down
Of the forum they called 'c-spammy'
The sea, it is said, never gives up her dead
When the skies over twoday turn gloomy
With a load of a artwork twenty-six thousand tons more
Than the Piss Tape weighed empty

Full fathom five thy sailor lies;
Of his face are imprints made;
From the sea a noble prize:
Nothing of him that doth fade,
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.
2DCAT hourly brings the funk:
Hark! now I hear it—Crack-ping, thunk.

twoday has issued a correction as of 04:31 on Sep 16, 2019

twoday
May 4, 2005

2DCAT posted:

I have just been staring at this post in disbelief for the last half hour

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

twoday posted:

simulation theory is real hth

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

twoday posted:

i rarely check my messages and thought it was spam at first too. I find it funny how it was tracked back to me to try and get in contact with you lol

twoday
May 4, 2005

If the block makes its way back to me I will use it to make another run of sailor prints, and then clad it with silver leaf and put it in an altar

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

it’s a c-spam miracle

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

is there more of a story to someone finding the sailor print block? also how did they get in contact with 2dcat did you put something on the block?

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Poniard posted:

is there more of a story to someone finding the sailor print block? also how did they get in contact with 2dcat did you put something on the block?

from what i can tell someone found it on the beach and started doing internet searches and came across a post from twoday mentioning it was lost to the ocean forever, but didn't have an account to mention twoday..., so then searched for sailor and maybe found me on social media due to my connection to remember sailor and asked to get a hold of twoday

it's a c-spam miracle imo

twoday
May 4, 2005

There was a similar miracle on the island of Tenerife in the 14th(?) century. The people living there at the time were unfamiliar with Christianity, but debris from a European shipwreck washed ashore, including a wooden statue of the Virgin Mary. The people living on the island took the statue to a cave and began worshiping it as a holy object. About 100 years later the Spanish showed up and tried to conquer the island and convert everyone to Christianity, and were probably super-confused when they were taken to the holy cave so that they could smash the pagan idols, only to find that the islanders were already worshiping the correct statue.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
their search obviously led them to 2DCATs Remember Sailer music video.

twoday
May 4, 2005

going to post that here for posterity, the print is shown at the very end:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQtmta8m1xg

twoday
May 4, 2005

crazy cloud posted:

loving lmfao for ever and ever

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

the saga of the book of cspam

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

2DCAT posted:

from what i can tell someone found it on the beach and started doing internet searches and came across a post from twoday mentioning it was lost to the ocean forever, but didn't have an account to mention twoday..., so then searched for sailor and maybe found me on social media due to my connection to remember sailor and asked to get a hold of twoday

it's a c-spam miracle imo

thats' insane

twoday posted:

galactivate rings a bell, but I don’t remember specifically who that was. I am open to the idea, but please refresh my memory

you will have to refer to c-spam scholar nichael on all matters galactivate and possible marriane williamson connections

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
I didn't get an original print run but i definitely will buy a remember sailor: piss christ poseidon edition he is risen

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
still waiting to hear back on my request to pay for it and have it shipped this way :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

twoday posted:

There was a similar miracle on the island of Tenerife in the 14th(?) century. The people living there at the time were unfamiliar with Christianity, but debris from a European shipwreck washed ashore, including a wooden statue of the Virgin Mary. The people living on the island took the statue to a cave and began worshiping it as a holy object. About 100 years later the Spanish showed up and tried to conquer the island and convert everyone to Christianity, and were probably super-confused when they were taken to the holy cave so that they could smash the pagan idols, only to find that the islanders were already worshiping the correct statue.

Aahahahahaha