Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqOwzQjgmiQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
The American Chopper episode is worse than the ZZTop episode

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

pacerhimself posted:

The American Chopper episode is worse than the ZZTop episode

They're barely in it.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
It was a snap decision after a few minutes, but even the main characters were off

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

pacerhimself posted:

It was a snap decision after a few minutes, but even the main characters were off

For a later season episode it's got some great moments and the guests are barely in it. I've never understood the vitriol it gets from internet people.

The ZZ Top episode on the other hand is straight up offensive.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

So are there good and bad seasons of the show? Should I stop watching after a certain point like with the Simpsons?

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

Warbird posted:

So are there good and bad seasons of the show? Should I stop watching after a certain point like with the Simpsons?

It's a little weaker towards the end, but it's still good. One of those rare occasions where a new cast member added in the later seasons is actually great (That being Lucky.) The entire series is worth watching. Even at its worst, KotH is still watchable.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Real finale is a big wedding and it feels like a finale. You may stop there.

But yeah it's not unwatchable. Hank gets mean instead of ignorant and stuff like that

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Warbird posted:

Nothing tastes better than a corn chip right off the line, but they never get stale

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

There is a really noticable dip in quality starting around season 8, but the show is still good. But in the last 2-3 seasons bad episodes definitely outnumber the good.

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

They knew to end the show with dignity.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
I think I said it before but the whole show is worth watching through in its entirety, then on rewatch you can blacklist the episodes you didn't care for.

I find S1-7 pretty flawless but after that it gets spotty and I get a lot more selective on what I wanna watch. I'd still rather watch a bad S8-11 KotH episode than a mediocre modern Simpsons though.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Bombadilillo posted:

But yeah it's not unwatchable. Hank gets mean instead of ignorant and stuff like that

after living with peggy for how many years wouldn't you be

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

The White Dragon posted:

Hoo-yeah

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

The White Dragon posted:

It's not anger, it's intestinal distress caused by frito pie with Wolf brand chili.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm going to ignore the episode specifically about this and just guess that, based on his diet, Hank oscillates wildly between horrible constipation and horrible diarrhea.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Marin Karin posted:

I think I said it before but the whole show is worth watching through in its entirety, then on rewatch you can blacklist the episodes you didn't care for.

I find S1-7 pretty flawless but after that it gets spotty and I get a lot more selective on what I wanna watch. I'd still rather watch a bad S8-11 KotH episode than a mediocre modern Simpsons though.

Look at this generous motherfucker, they haven't approached mediocrity in 15 years.

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Are you those kids that have been whacking off in my toolshed?

Joe the Strummer
Jun 14, 2012

Sponge Baathist posted:

Are you those kids that have been whacking off in my toolshed?

Oh, uhhh... I mean that guy off in whose camper they were whacking?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Huh-whackin'

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
boggle

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Joe the Strummer posted:

Oh, uhhh... I mean that guy off in whose camper they were whacking?

Good job, a federal agent never ends a sentence with a preposition.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I knew him.

Briefly.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
I could talk about nails all day... I have.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Alabaster!!

naem
May 29, 2011

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I knew him.

Briefly.

Have a pleasant journey, and don't be afraid to ask directions from somebody who has already been where you think you need to go.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I think that's my favourite episode.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Thib-a-day-ex, s-sss.

The return of Twigboy episode where he defends a hardcore drug user who is unquestionably high while at work for Strickland always kind of grinded my gears simply with how frustrating Hank's position is. Still some good moments like the line "Peggy ' s in the parking lot, and she looks disgruntled!"

I really wanted to see what happened next.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Definitely shot the place up, should have been the series finale.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

Wicker Man posted:

Thib-a-day-ex, s-sss.

The return of Twigboy episode where he defends a hardcore drug user who is unquestionably high while at work for Strickland always kind of grinded my gears simply with how frustrating Hank's position is. Still some good moments like the line "Peggy ' s in the parking lot, and she looks disgruntled!"

I really wanted to see what happened next.

It's not great but they do make a good case of Hank being too far the other way in the beginning. That part gets kind of lost by the end.

Who would rather have a beer with?

A. Troy Aikman
B. Jesus
Or
C. Moo-hammad

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Thanks for the latte, Kenneth.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

The double "t" in fitty really sells this. Where can I get one?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I think that's my favourite episode.

Ho yeah is like the platonic ideal of a koth episode

naem
May 29, 2011

ilmucche posted:

The double "t" in fitty really sells this. Where can I get one?

you can asked the person I stole it from on IMGUR

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Anyone in this thread ever commented on how Peggy's job at the newspaper and her eye-patched co-worker are introduced out of order? There's an episode in Season 9 where Peggy is just at that job without any context, and then in S10 the episode where she gets the job and meets the eye-patch guy is present.

The out of order episode is the smoking bandit one. I checked the production codes on the episodes through Wikipedia and...yup, the episode where she gets the job was made way before the other episodes in S10. Any reason why they did this? I kinda get the vibe the showrunners quit caring after a certain point after S8, but I'm curious if there's more info on this.

homeless guy
Feb 23, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
Larsen Pork Products was made for season 5 but didn't air until season 7 because FOX thought it was too hosed up

doesn't address your question that's just the other anecdote I know about production order, thank your for listening.

Wikipedia says about season 10: The majority of episodes in this season are leftover episodes from the 9ABE production line, as well as one episode from the 8ABE production line ("Bystand Me"). The AABE production line (much like The Simpsons 3G production line for seasons eight and nine) is a short-lived line and only lasts for five episodes (four airing this season and the fifth airing as a leftover episode next season).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

When I get writer's block, I usually just buy a prostitute.