Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
If you have 10% hit and 30% crit, you miss 90% of the time. Basically in this deeply unrealistic extreme case, in 7% of outcomes a normal hit is promoted to a crit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

:xcom:: had an aquanaut prime a grenade because he could see a tentaculat, but couldn’t shoot it; I retreated him back into the Triton so he wouldn’t get lit up next turn and die like a rookie meaninglessly. The tentaculat (clearly knowing what was coming) opened the door to the Triton and bit my dude holding the live grenade. He dies, grenade drops, tentaculat now has 13 corpses to chew on (because it and the zombie both survived the explosion, and lived on through pure spite).

I had forgotten exactly how fast this game can loving annihilate you, but I’ve been re-educated :commissar:

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
So uh, why can't I make contact with east or south Africa? I clearly have a region connected and there are lines indicating that the three regions are connected to each other. I'm about to get hosed on the Avatar project because of this.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
A quick google suggests restarting the game [e: might help].

E^2:
Found this

quote:

For anybody still paying attention to this or who may come across this issue in the future, I was able to fix the issue with console commands.

"setregionreslevel [world region] [integer]" so in my case "setregionreslevel WorldRegion_SouthSA 2"

It even played the little cinematic for the Avenger landing. Thankfully I was able to find that or this likely would've been the end of my save.

Lprsti99 fucked around with this message at 22:53 on May 5, 2019

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Here is my modlist. The only mod I will not remove is Daddy Bradford. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1533592868

Namaste.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
XCOM 2: The only mod I will not remove is Daddy Bradford.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008

Angry Diplomat posted:

Ok yeah. So if you have 60% accuracy and 30% crit, a roll of 1-30 is a crit, 31-60 is a regular hit, and 61+ misses. But if you somehow have 30% crit and 10% accuracy, a roll of 1-30 is a successful crit regardless.

Yeah. The reason it matters is because of flashbangs. Instead of mostly neutering enemy aim, it makes them either completely harmless or totally loving lethal. I still remember my very first campaign, having a flashbanged muton insta-kill my grenadier who was in heavy cover. I admit, I raged a bit.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The No Thanks mod is essential imo

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Angry Diplomat posted:

XCOM 2: The only mod I will not remove is Daddy Bradford.

extremely tempted to PM the mod to do this

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Coolguye posted:

do it

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

RBA Starblade posted:

The No Thanks mod is essential imo

My lack of watching Beaglerush shames me. :shobon:

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Thanks to everyone for explaining what the deal was re: crit chance I'm gonna consider the EU mod for my next playthrough.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
If you're a Beagle vod watcher, be prepared for an extremely long Chosen attack in yesterday's (5/5) stream.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I don’t know if it was always this way and I never noticed, or the OpenXCom mod made it so...but I just dropped someone down an elevator and they happened to land next to a tentaculat. The loving thing but my aquanaut and zombified her as a reaction. The mission was an artifact site (level 2), and I was dropping down the lift, taking a shot, then running back up to keep all 4 squares of the lift secured so nothing could come up. The tentaculat was waiting on one of the lift squares on the bottom floor. Not just waiting, but lurking. Hunting.

gently caress a tentaculat (but not in the Hentai way :gonk: )

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Coolguye posted:

yeah do it. it’s the funniest one liner in a while

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Icon Of Sin posted:

I don’t know if it was always this way and I never noticed, or the OpenXCom mod made it so...but I just dropped someone down an elevator and they happened to land next to a tentaculat. The loving thing but my aquanaut and zombified her as a reaction. The mission was an artifact site (level 2), and I was dropping down the lift, taking a shot, then running back up to keep all 4 squares of the lift secured so nothing could come up. The tentaculat was waiting on one of the lift squares on the bottom floor. Not just waiting, but lurking. Hunting.

gently caress a tentaculat (but not in the Hentai way :gonk: )

It is OpenXCom, and in particular the setting that also makes the vibro blades and thermic lances to work properly now by AI. Same goes with Calcinites and other melee aliens. Have in mind that they can only react-hit in the square directly in front of them IIRC, so you can approach from other squares for tazing or drilling.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Coolguye posted:

Please do

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

This is prime AV material tho

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

Davethulhu posted:

If you're a Beagle vod watcher, be prepared for an extremely long Chosen attack in yesterday's (5/5) stream.

Can't wait.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Oh no

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

Your... tastes... have been immortalized. At least until the thread title changes again.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

:getin:

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Look if I knew how to mod 1 I’d make Shen daddy, but until then, we make do

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

oh yes

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Yessssssss

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
https://techport.nasa.gov/view/94821

(New title rules)

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
Ha, nice logo.

Does anyone know of a mod that allows me to pick tactical legacy weapons visually? Like basically giving me an option to pick original vs TL skins in each case. I've found one that basically lets me replace them entirely but I kind of like the idea of giving different guys both old and new stuff.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

DarkAvenger211 posted:

Ha, nice logo.

Does anyone know of a mod that allows me to pick tactical legacy weapons visually? Like basically giving me an option to pick original vs TL skins in each case. I've found one that basically lets me replace them entirely but I kind of like the idea of giving different guys both old and new stuff.

probably a combination of WSR and something else to provide you another weapon base

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Captain Foo posted:

probably a combination of WSR and something else to provide you another weapon base

I'm not super familiar with all the good mods out there. What does WSR stand for?

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

How is A Better Everything, particularly A Better Barracks?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

DarkAvenger211 posted:

I'm not super familiar with all the good mods out there. What does WSR stand for?

Iridar's Weapon Skin Replacer - it's really, really powerful but the UI is uh

notepad++.exe

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Traxis posted:

How is A Better Everything, particularly A Better Barracks?

Not a fan of the weapon changes there tbh. Cannons taking two actions to reload and shoot/overwatch and only being able to load 1 shell per actions on Shotguns is absurdly punishing with the ridiculous buffs a lot of the enemies got.

Also every class having randomized skill trees that are packed full of filler means you can't count on any given soldier to actually turn out well.

DarkAvenger211 posted:

Ha, nice logo.

This mod does exactly that

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1535154541

By default it unlocks TLP weapons for each tier that are identical to base weapons and you can add attachments etc. I use it to mix up my squads.

Zore fucked around with this message at 19:41 on May 8, 2019

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
A Better Barracks is real bad. Better Advent...ymmv. Personally, I think adding Lost Boomers is the stupidest fuckin' thing possible. Like, the Prime units can be interesting, but the Boomers are completely inexcusable and make me think the modders don't play the game, or at least don't understand what Lost are supposed to do. Hey, here's these enemies you need to be quiet for, but this one will explode no matter what, so you're gonna call another Horde in no matter what, and that will almost certainly have its own Boomer! gently caress you!

e: but if you use the 'no more lost' mod it's ok

Bogart fucked around with this message at 19:51 on May 8, 2019

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Zore posted:

Not a fan of the weapon changes there tbh. Cannons taking two actions to reload and shoot/overwatch and only being able to load 1 shell per actions on Shotguns is absurdly punishing with the ridiculous buffs a lot of the enemies got.

Also every class having randomized skill trees that are packed full of filler means you can't count on any given soldier to actually turn out well.

This mod does exactly that

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1535154541

By default it unlocks TLP weapons for each tier that are identical to base weapons and you can add attachments etc. I use it to mix up my squads.

Ah perfect. Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
Worth noting: other mods that modify primary weapons, not all changes may affect the TLP weaponry. For example, with RPGO, they give all primary weapons 3 mod slots, but this doesn't extend to the TLP weapons.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
How do you guys do the air game in EW? It usually isn't a problem, but I had a string of bad luck while taking on my first abductor with only two missile-wielding interceptors, which was followed immediately by a small scout which I couldn't intercept, followed by a battleship shooting down a satellite. This caused an alloy shortage which delayed upgrades.

My strategy was to get two interceptors for every continent, build consumables when a bigger threat appears, and upgrade them to lasers when possible. Then I replace them with laser Firestorms, which can handle just about anything until I get EMP weapons. Should I be using Phoenix Cannons in there somewhere?

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
You know, having mentioned RPGO, I just got a soldier with some really nice squaddie bonuses running that mod. Increased damage with non-ballistic (see: magnetic/beam) weapons, increased combat intelligence, so I can grab more perks with him, and he is immune to fire.

And of course, it would have to be Guavamoment from a giant goon pool.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Dr Christmas posted:

How do you guys do the air game in EW? It usually isn't a problem, but I had a string of bad luck while taking on my first abductor with only two missile-wielding interceptors, which was followed immediately by a small scout which I couldn't intercept, followed by a battleship shooting down a satellite. This caused an alloy shortage which delayed upgrades.

My strategy was to get two interceptors for every continent, build consumables when a bigger threat appears, and upgrade them to lasers when possible. Then I replace them with laser Firestorms, which can handle just about anything until I get EMP weapons. Should I be using Phoenix Cannons in there somewhere?

I just run a single interceptor and prioritize heavy lasers. You also can get by with a single powerup at a time since that's all you can use in an engagement.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Davethulhu posted:

Also, [ARACHNID ACTIVITY]

Edit: I think I'm on a different video

Endymion FRS MK1 fucked around with this message at 06:56 on May 9, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I thought Beagle stopped playing XCOM 2 because he hated not being able to Beaglewatch his way across the map?