Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

Baronjutter posted:

Please don’t do soul-crushing rape stories in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Too Catholic for abortion but not too Catholic for premarital sex. Really would be more sensible the other way around.

E:

To clarify I'm not talking about the rape, it's the fact OP says he knows it isn't his because he was out of town, not because 'we've never hosed'

And the other dumb knocked up Catholic from a page or two ago.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Hellblazer187 posted:

My [28 M] fiancee [30F] who I've been dating for 4+ years, told me that she loves everyone in her family more than me. Am I wrong to feel very hurt by this comment?

This woman doesn't regard me as having any worth. Should I disagree with this asessment and dump her? Or should I agree that I am, at best, 7th most important and marry her. Hmm, decisions, decisions

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

tactlessbastard posted:

Too Catholic for abortion but not too Catholic for premarital sex. Really would be more sensible the other way around.

E:

To clarify I'm not talking about the rape, it's the fact OP says he knows it isn't his because he was out of town, not because 'we've never hosed'
To be fair, she isn't against abortion (at least her own specific abortion), her mother is. And she's getting one, so that part of the story has a less lovely ending at least.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

To be fair, she isn't against abortion (at least her own specific abortion), her mother is. And she's getting one, so that part of the story has a less lovely ending at least.

Yeah her mother guilted her into it. Which isn’t surprising sadly

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

So I fell behind and there is no way I am catching up on 4k posts. Did I miss any especially good posts about Endgame?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Not really no just your standard human misery.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

waah posted:

So I fell behind and there is no way I am catching up on 4k posts. Did I miss any especially good posts about Endgame?

Some NEET had a meltdown at his mom was making him see it in the UK with her before his flight back to Canada to watch it with his friends

Some medium-brained adult woman comic book movie fan had a change of heart about scalping tickets and her libertarian boyfriend was mad that he took off work to wait in the virtual queue and he was losing money from her selling her share at face value

AITA for buying out the theater for a half-dozen friends and refusing to let anyone else come

AITA for buying children's tickets next to me so nobody sits in them

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Dear Prudence posted:

Q. Thieving nephew: My husband and I hired his 19-year-old nephew to help us with our small business; he stole over $4,000 in petty cash from us over the past year. Our accountant uncovered this and our security tapes proved it. My sister-in-law paid us the money back so we wouldn’t file criminal charges. Her son excused his actions by saying we paid him poorly and he didn’t think we would notice.

He put my husband and me as a work reference after we fired him. I have been in contact with several potential employers; I was honest and told them he stole from us and could not be trusted with a position handling cash. Some of this got back to my sister-in-law, who accused me of “sabotaging” her son. He “paid” his dues and I countered she paid them and nothing in his behavior before or since shows any remorse. I am not going to lie for a thief. It would be unethical for me to not warn future employers about the reality of what they are getting. Now my sister-in-law is screeching to high heaven about me trying to “ruin” her son. My husband is ready to throw his hands up in the air. I don’t think I am doing anything wrong. If he weren’t my nephew, he would be in jail now. Should I keep being honest or just say no comment when these people call? My nephew has no work experience but us.

A: Your nephew needs to stop listing the two of you as references! I get that you’re his only work experience, but if his options are “apply for jobs as an inexperienced 19-year-old” versus “apply for jobs where my only references explain that I stole from them,” then clearly the better choice is to leave you off the résumé. For someone with the nerve to casually steal $4,000 under a security camera, he is astonishingly naïve. That said, your nephew didn’t write to me for advice; you did. It’s interesting that your sister-in-law blamed you rather than her brother for something the two of you did together (namely, told the truth). I think before he throws up his hands, the two of you should have one last talk with her together. “Ozymandias needs to stop listing us as references. We will not lie when people ask us directly about our experience, so he cannot list us as people who can recommend him professionally.” If your SIL interjects with “But how will he find a job without your references?” or any variation thereof, you have only to say, “I don’t know. Ozymandias will have to figure that out.”

Powerful move, trying to put them down as references after that. Powerfully stupid.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

waah posted:

I found a by-the-books bf/gf got in a screaming argument because Fandango crashed and they couldn't get them

It was only noteworthy because the OP and the gf was the guy who posted a story that his gf pretended to douse him in gasoline and tried to spark a lighter as part of a 'prank'.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Ozymandis needs no references. The greatest Pharoh in history needs no references!

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

ad090 posted:

WIBTA for telling my kid we have to sell his toy?

He's little. Lecturing him isn't going to work - and if it did, you wouldn't have this problem. Saying your going to sell his toy isn't going to work because you likely won't actually follow through and even if you do, its so delayed from the behavior it won't have an impact. Timeouts could work, but you're doing those wrong, too, and taking too long/talking too much during them.

You're just going to do a dickish thing to your kid that will make you feel better but won't actually change the behavior in question, so yeah, rear end in a top hat.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Pirate Radar posted:

Powerful move, trying to put them down as references after that. Powerfully stupid.

"Tell us about this applicant."
"He was really industrious!"
"Well, that's goo-"
"At stealing, from us!"

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Baronjutter posted:

I thought we didn't do soul-crushing rape stories in this thread.

I'd say as a general rule we shouldn't but this one was interesting.

That mom was serious garbage and good for her for standing up to her and doing what was the right choice.

Also lol at reddit saying she was cheating and it was rough sex. Good god that site is such trash.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

waah posted:

AITA actually had an Endgame megathread but I never went through it. Here you go if you're bored:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AmItheAsshole/comments/bhrial/megathread_aita_endgame_edition_some_spoilers/

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

WIBTA if I left my husband bc of his ADHD?

My husband and I are both 34. We've been together since we were 20, bought a house together at 27, and married at 31. We have no kids

We've got some challenges- He's extremely forgetful, drives so recklessly I don't want to be in a car w/ him, makes decisions without thinking, is extremely impulsive, has no sense of time management, and struggles to prioritize tasks. He's been telling me forever that all of this is "just his personality" and I knew this when I started dating him. He's not wrong, but I thought that was the personality of a 20 year old stoner in a puka shell necklace.

3-4 years back, right around the time of our wedding he found Jessica McCabe's TedTalk. It was a lightbulb moment for both of us. My husband very clearly has ADHD. Listening to Jessica describe her life was like listening to my husband. It's very obvious to both of us that this is what's been going on. If you listen to Jessica's talk or follow her work, she's emphatic that one of the most important pieces to her recovery was getting on the right meds and getting with the right therapist. He has refused. "This is just how (he) is." and I should deal with it.

Fast forward to yesterday. The incident that broke the camel's back. He left me at the grocery store.

We had just come out of publix and we were loading the groceries in the car. He grabbed the last two bags out of the cart and I said "why don't i bring the cart back up front and you can pick me up there?" He agreed. I took the cart back into the store and as I was coming out, I saw him leave the parking lot. I thought "surely, he's just going to swing around." He did not. I realize at this moment that my wallet, keys, cell phone, money and ID are all in the passengers seat of his car. So he is gone and I am alone, with no money, no ID and no phone in front of the grocery trying to figure out what I've done wrong. Reader, I sat there for just over TEN MINUTES before he came back. Which means he was 5 minutes back to our house before he realized I wasn't there. I took him 30 seconds to forget me, and 5 minutes to remember.

I think I'm done. I just don't think I can deal with this anymore. It's like playing roulette with him, I never know if I'm going to get the thoughtful stable husband, or an overgrown forgetful child. His risk taking, forgetfulness, and insensitivity make me feel like I don't matter. I am deeply, painfully jealous when we hang out with other couples because I want the doting husband, I want the teammate, I want the partner I don't have. My mother and some of my friends tell me I'm crazy, I knew what I was getting into, I just need to live with his ADHD. Others are telling me that if I feel this bad, I should leave, and that if it was alcohol/drugs/physical abuse and he wasn't getting help, no one would question my choice.

So, WIBTA if I left him because his untreated ADHD is making me feel like I don't matter as a person?

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

How about a wafer thin mint?

AITA for using my boss's private shower at work?

quote:

I think this is the most appropriate sub for this since I was called the equivalent of rear end in a top hat.

So it's really early and just sat down at my computer to the rudest email I've ever gotten. It really hurt my feelings and I'm not sure how to react.

I'm 26 graduated in December and working my first real job. I ride my bike to work almost every day both to save gas and stay in shape. Our office complex has shared showers which in all honesty are prefer gross but it's better than sitting at work covered in sweat and road grime. My boss found out what I was doing, said he appreciated my effort and gave me a key code to his office to use his private shower which is obviously much cleaner and he allows me leave my "girly" shampoos and facial cleanser in the shower instead of in my bag.

I had no idea this would cause problems. The other women in my section have started treating me like such crap. Like mean girls is the best way to describe it. I didn't know what was going on but defintely noticed it coincided with me using the shower.

And then I got this email this morning from an "anonymous" gmail account. It basically said "if you're too stupid to realize what's happening with the shower, I'll tell you. You are getting special favors because you're young and cute. You've been given hi vis jobs because you literally drop your panties in Mr XXXX private space. You make more money despite being the newest member of the office. We're disgusted, none of us have ever been given your privilege. Know this, your looks will fade, your lack of talent will become obvious and the rest of us will laugh at you. Go gently caress your self."

I'm so upset, I work so hard and think that's why I got my promotion. This hurt really bad.

I guess to wrap it up, am I the rear end in a top hat for using his shower?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Beachcomber posted:

We might have had this one before, but I don't remember the update.

We (Husband 32M & Me 26F) have been told by his brother (37M) and SIL (30s) that we should supply all xmas gifts for the kids due to our lack of kids??

And the update.

[Update] We (Husband 32M & Me 26F) have been told by his brother (37M) and SIL (30s) that we should supply all xmas gifts for the kids due to our lack of kids??

Ostracizing your brother because you hate his wife and he doesn't want to buy 100 presents, what a nice bunch of Christians

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

WIBTA if I left my husband bc of his ADHD?

Wtf?

Is that really ADHD? It doesn't matter really if he's refusing treatment she needs to leave. Its not like things are going to get better.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for dropping off my cheating boyfriend at the other end of the country and leaving him to figure out his way back alone?

My boyfriend and I were together for nearly 6 years. 2 months ago a woman contacted me and confessed that she had sex with my boyfriend multiple times or over a year and felt guilty about it so she confessed. I talked to her and 100% confirmed it. Obviously I was devastated, I felt stupid for not noticing anything for years and honestly revenge was the only thing that fueled me. So over the last month I've hitched a plan: I would propose we take a coast to coast road-trip from California to Maryland and when we get to MD I would take my car, tell him we're over, and ditch him there to figure his way back to Cali.

​I put on a poker face throughout the month and pretended not to know what he's up to. So the day comes, we embark on the road-trip. We're cracking jokes, laughing, but it took all I had not to kick him out in Middle America, after all Maryland was farther away. Finally we reach Maryland and after spending some time eating I tell him to get out of the car. He thinks I'm joking but once I throw out his bags and other stuff he complies. I tell him I know all about what he's been doing and as soon as I say that he tries sprinting to the door but I lock it. I shout "go gently caress yourself" and hit the gas, leaving him on the road.

​It took some time to get back to California but once I do I feel a giant weight off my shoulders. I left him on the road with his phone and about 200$ in cash. He has family in Annapolis so it's not like I left him to die. However yesterday word comes out that he lost his job because he failed to go to work and he's been calling me nonstop cursing me out. gently caress him. All my friends are torn on this. Some are saying he got what he deserved and some are saying that I took it too far. I have me solace knowing he got fired and hosed himself over. He's still with his family in Annapolis and best thing though? I've consulted with a lawyer and he can't do anything about it. I do want a third party's opinion on this though.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for dropping off my cheating boyfriend at the other end of the country and leaving him to figure out his way back alone?

This is excellent. Thats some great revenge.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Baronjutter posted:

I thought we didn't do soul-crushing rape stories in this thread.

The ending makes it all worthwhile:

quote:

5: To the people who PM'd me telling me I'm a monstrous baby killer - I fail to see what my hobbies have to do with this issue.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My boyfriend and I were together for nearly 6 years. 2 months ago a woman contacted me and confessed that she had sex with my boyfriend multiple times or over a year and felt guilty about it so she confessed. I talked to her and 100% confirmed it. Obviously I was devastated, I felt stupid for not noticing anything for years and honestly revenge was the only thing that fueled me. So over the last month I've hitched a plan: I would propose we take a coast to coast road-trip from California to Maryland and when we get to MD I would take my car, tell him we're over, and ditch him there to figure his way back to Cali.

​I put on a poker face throughout the month and pretended not to know what he's up to. So the day comes, we embark on the road-trip. We're cracking jokes, laughing, but it took all I had not to kick him out in Middle America, after all Maryland was farther away. Finally we reach Maryland and after spending some time eating I tell him to get out of the car. He thinks I'm joking but once I throw out his bags and other stuff he complies. I tell him I know all about what he's been doing and as soon as I say that he tries sprinting to the door but I lock it. I shout "go gently caress yourself" and hit the gas, leaving him on the road.

​It took some time to get back to California but once I do I feel a giant weight off my shoulders. I left him on the road with his phone and about 200$ in cash. He has family in Annapolis so it's not like I left him to die. However yesterday word comes out that he lost his job because he failed to go to work and he's been calling me nonstop cursing me out. gently caress him. All my friends are torn on this. Some are saying he got what he deserved and some are saying that I took it too far. I have me solace knowing he got fired and hosed himself over. He's still with his family in Annapolis and best thing though? I've consulted with a lawyer and he can't do anything about it. I do want a third party's opinion on this though.

loving amazing

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Smirking_Serpent posted:

This is my kind of revenge porn.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

tfw you stop at 7-11 on the Maryland border and the only flavor of slurpee is Amazin Apple Amontillado

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

:discourse:

That's some delicious revenge. Also I just checked and a Greyhound from Annapolis to LA costs $200, no idea how much longer it may take though

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
That’s cool and all but I hope the lawyer she spoke to actually exists and is competent.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

QuarkJets posted:

The ending makes it all worthwhile:
To the people who PM'd me telling me I'm a monstrous baby killer - I fail to see what my hobbies have to do with this issue.

That man is amazing

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

Wtf?

Is that really ADHD? It doesn't matter really if he's refusing treatment she needs to leave. Its not like things are going to get better.

It sounds like dementia, not ADHD. Having concentration issues doesn’t lead to forgetting your wife exists.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Ahhhhhh that's the stuff

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
Weird how almost every story we see about someone yelling at their partner to get out of the car is abusive, and yet the narrator of this tale about premeditated for maximum damage sounds so righteous, even though half of the people who know her better than the reader of her version of events are telling her that it was wrong!

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

:shlick: cmon more pls. Im almost there

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Fallom posted:

It sounds like dementia, not ADHD. Having concentration issues doesn’t lead to forgetting your wife exists.

That’s what I was leaning towards. Clearly something is wrong but if he doesn’t want to seek help for it sorry dude you gotta go.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Pinecone Sample posted:

Weird how almost every story we see about someone yelling at their partner to get out of the car is abusive, and yet the narrator of this tale about premeditated for maximum damage sounds so righteous, even though half of the people who know her better than the reader of her version of events are telling her that it was wrong!

Its almost as if most people are massive pussies and they can't handle how rad this chick is.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Pinecone Sample posted:

Is there a running tally on stories like that? Mind reposting some of them?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I dont understand how the dude got fired from work. He was presumably halfway or less into the vacation, even assuming it takes a day or two to get back to a major city he could then just fly home in a few hours. Hell even a small city with a car rental would have been enough.

Conclusion: Boyfriend cheated on the woman he was cheating on her with the city of Annapolis.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Pinecone Sample posted:

In stories like this, you have to understand that actual familiarity with the situation is the enemy of true understanding. The friends always tell the OP they were wrong to grab someone else’s life and absolutely atomic piledriver it. Here in the thread we can bask in the isolated glow of the OP dunking on a turd without having to spend any time worrying about the man because he’s not a real person to us.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Barudak posted:

I dont understand how the dude got fired from work. He was presumably halfway or less into the vacation, even assuming it takes a day or two to get back to a major city he could then just fly home in a few hours. Hell even a small city with a car rental would have been enough.

The boyfriend was either too poor to afford a plane ticket/rental car, or too stupid to think of it.

Alternatively, we could invite blasphemy into this thread and call it a fake story.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I'd like that to be a bannable offense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dazerbeams posted:

I'd like that to be a bannable offense.

You would want to use fear to keep the systems in line, wouldnt you