Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

limp_cheese posted:

If you're looking for tight continuity this is the show for you.

It helps its written by 2 guys. And I honestly always feel that making the joke funny trumps anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Gaunab posted:

Have you watched Venture Bros?

Yes, I meant to mention it too but forgot, more shows like it would be good, preferably ones that don't take forever between each season

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Biggest problem with VB is that by the time we get a new season i struggle to remember what happened in the last one, let alone seasons before that

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

FlamingLiberal posted:

Biggest problem with VB is that by the time we get a new season i struggle to remember what happened in the last one, let alone seasons before that

Just gives you a good excuse to watch the whole series again

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

Didn’t Boondocks get made without its creator after Season 2?

No, it was just the final season that didn't have Aaron McGruder (which was super obvious just from watching it.)

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

muscles like this! posted:

No, it was just the final season that didn't have Aaron McGruder (which was super obvious just from watching it.)

Although Season 3 wasn't very good either if we're being honest

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

FlamingLiberal posted:

Didn’t Boondocks get made without its creator after Season 2?

No, that was season 3, which sucked.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

ClassH posted:

This, took a few for me to get into it but man it really gets better every season.

I agree, it gets better every three years

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Rabbit Ears
Season 16, Episode 4
Stan gets obsessed with a 1960s television show after picking up a secondhand TV. Roger decides to live as a baby and the family cares for him.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Roger decides to live as a baby and the family cares for him.

Oh boy

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I've got a feeling this is gonna be one for the books

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
for some reason adult-sized people acting like infants horrifies the gently caress out of me on some primal level, so this is sounding like it's gonna be kind of a disturbing one

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

for some reason adult-sized people acting like infants horrifies the gently caress out of me on some primal level, so this is sounding like it's gonna be kind of a disturbing one

I think the reason is that it indicates something 'severely loving wrong with the person and you should get away

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I think I'm gonna go bananas!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

I think I'm gonna go bananas!

Don't you do it, boy! Don't you go bananas!

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

The_Doctor posted:

Roger decides to live as a baby and the family cares for him.

Isn't this just the show's premise?

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
I swear they've done that before too

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I remember he was a little girl on a plane and flipped out when it meant he couldn't drink.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Brawnfire posted:

Don't you do it, boy! Don't you go bananas!

I'M GONNA DO IT!

That whole sequence was great. :D

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Yeee-aahhh! Ahhh!!! Ooooohhhh! I'm going bananas! Aaaaaahhh! Ngh, ngh, ngh, ngh! YAAAAAHHHH

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Bananas steve pretty powerful on the tier list right

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

No, that was season 3, which sucked.

You mean season 4. Season 3 was excellent. Season 4 was the one MacGruder left for to make Black Jesus.

Actually from what I remember, the Boondocks was originally supposed to end with season 3. I’m not entirely sure what happened that caused season 4 to get made.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Was there a AD episode where Andy Dick moved in and was Roger and said "This is what baby kangaroos must feel like when they're on herion"? Or was that an Family Guy episode?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

Was there a AD episode where Andy Dick moved in and was Roger and said "This is what baby kangaroos must feel like when they're on herion"? Or was that an Family Guy episode?

It was this one

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

That was American Dad. Andy Dick replaced Roger. "Bouncing, bouncing, vodka Andy Dii-iick."

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I. M. Gei posted:

You mean season 4. Season 3 was excellent. Season 4 was the one MacGruder left for to make Black Jesus.

Actually from what I remember, the Boondocks was originally supposed to end with season 3. I’m not entirely sure what happened that caused season 4 to get made.

Ah, yeah, sorry it's been a while.

I just remember the very last season sucked which was sad because the others were good, whichever was the last season sucked.

Black Jesus is good though, everyone should watch that instead of the bad last season of the Boondocks.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
Season 3 was a mixed bag though.

Let's take a minute to appreciate how this show has managed to stay great for so very long.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

My feed jumped back to Stan watching the show for the first time and it took me a second to realize it had happened. Since, you know, the plot.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

This episode was straight up Twilight Zone.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Bedbugs

bull3964 posted:

This episode was straight up Twilight Zone.

Welcome back nighthawks

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

what IS this show?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Brawnfire posted:

what IS this show?

Nighthawks, it was very clear.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

sexpig by night posted:

Nighthawks, it was very clear.

Why is there no record of it anywhere?

I need answers...

...TV answers!!!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Brawnfire posted:

Why is there no record of it anywhere?

I need answers...

...TV answers!!!

you have to go in

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Jaaaazzzzzz

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Ahaha, I love fuckin' Tuttle.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Lotta tuttle

PostNouveau posted:

They're really into Tuttle this season

:hmmyes:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

What a drat good episode.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

This show is so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I love the idea of the TV Guide office having arguments over what time TV shows are on. Really great episode.