Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Aphrodite posted:

The minerals do, but that's not really the water.

water has minerals in it. Water without minerals has a different name to distinguish it from regular water, because having minerals in it is the default state of water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Even the Nazis didn’t take such a hardline anti-onion stance. So congrats on being more extreme than Hitler.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

1984 is a stupid book, and if you take it seriously as a guide to the real world you're probably an idiot.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

christmas boots posted:

Even the Nazis didn’t take such a hardline anti-onion stance. So congrats on being more extreme than Hitler.

Whatever man, at least it’s an ethos

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Shibawanko posted:

1984 is a stupid book, and if you take it seriously as a guide to the real world you're probably an idiot.

this says a lot about your idea of our society...nah that line doesn't work as well. sorry, gangweed.

christmas boots posted:

drat you, Godwin!

here's an unpopular opinion because i'm treating TheReportOfTheWeek's word as popular opinion: taco bell is the best fast food there is

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I wish Taco Bell had better sides.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Mu Zeta posted:

They got nacho fries.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Mu Zeta posted:

they have nachos

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Taco Bell tacos are the sides

That said, Taco Villa is better.

Or Rosa's if you just want to eat tortillas, chips, and queso instead of their proper meals, which are just fine.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

Mu Zeta posted:

Stop thinking of the Cinnamon Twists as dessert.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Chipotle is better than taco bell in every way except for the fact that it doesn't have a drivethru. And chipotle isn't even that good. Taco bella is just poo poo. Like I've turned down a taco bell run while super drunk where I'd be totally down for basically any greasy hot food, but with taco bell it's just like "ehh...".

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Chipotle is better than taco bell in every way except for the fact that it doesn't have a drivethru. And chipotle isn't even that good. Taco bella is just poo poo. Like I've turned down a taco bell run while super drunk where I'd be totally down for basically any greasy hot food, but with taco bell it's just like "ehh...".

I don't consider those to be in the same category tbh, i dunno if this is Unpopular

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Chipotle would be good but it’s always cold.

The Cheesy Gordita Crunch is God’s perfect food.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I don't consider those to be in the same category tbh, i dunno if this is Unpopular

well they are both in my "i want a burrito" options, so to me they only differ in price.

I would say Moes is better than either but I can't stand being shouted at when I walk into a store. Just make my burrito clown

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

well they are both in my "i want a burrito" options, so to me they only differ in price.

I would say Moes is better than either but I can't stand being shouted at when I walk into a store. Just make my burrito clown

That's like saying McDonald's and Five Guys are the same though, there's just a fundamental break. Fast Food vs. Quick Service Restaurant.

agreed about Moe's

also does anyone actually like random employees shouting when they enter/leave? My loving bank does this. Walk in, random banker shouts "Hello!", greet your teller, leave, thanks, have a good day, blah blah then as you leave another random banker shouts "HAVE A GOOD DAY!" It just feels awkward. I don't want to ignore them but also don't want to turn around and mutter "you too!" to a roomful of people.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Chipotle has had 12 separate virus outbreaks in the last like 10 years.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

That's like saying McDonald's and Five Guys are the same though, there's just a fundamental break. Fast Food vs. Quick Service Restaurant.

agreed about Moe's

also does anyone actually like random employees shouting when they enter/leave? My loving bank does this. Walk in, random banker shouts "Hello!", greet your teller, leave, thanks, have a good day, blah blah then as you leave another random banker shouts "HAVE A GOOD DAY!" It just feels awkward. I don't want to ignore them but also don't want to turn around and mutter "you too!" to a roomful of people.

I mean I get it, I just lump them together because for fake-mexican stuff I don't really care about the time savings taco bell offers. Like I said, I'd almost always rather just not eat than get taco bell if that was the only option, which it often was in college since we didn't have a 24/7 mcd/wendys/bk at the time.

I think the worst forced interaction is long joh nsilvers and their stupid bell. Ring it? Everyone turns to look at you and the employees yell out thanks and make it weird. Don't ring it? Some rear end in a top hat yells out a passive aggressive "you're welcome".

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

That's pretty good compared to the local "authentic" mexican places in my hometown that get replaced with new owners every 9-12 months because of rampant health code violations.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

every time i hear chipotle i think of the long angry post about how some guy ordered a burrito and it was tremendously hosed up

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Aphrodite posted:

Just avoid the vegetables. Easy

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Faustian Bargain posted:

Chipotle would be good but it’s always cold.

The Cheesy Gordita Crunch is God’s perfect food.

Cheesy Gordita Crunch and the Naked Chicken Chalupa are delicious. I wish they'd bring the latter back.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

The term "love triangle" is a misnomer. If A's into B who's into C - that's a line. For it to be a triangle C would also have to be into A. Same goes if it's A and B both competing for C's affections; still a line. It should be called a "love triad".

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Tiggum posted:

The term "love triangle" is a misnomer. If A's into B who's into C - that's a line. For it to be a triangle C would also have to be into A. Same goes if it's A and B both competing for C's affections; still a line. It should be called a "love triad".

What if A is into B
who is into C

That's a triangle

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Gripweed posted:

What if A is into B
who is into C

That's a triangle

That's a love echelon you just described; a triangle is a closed shape, an echelon is a 'V.'

Taco Bell is loving amazing for what it is (delicious stoner trash that's reasonably cheap, served by folks who simply do not give a gently caress). And my buddy claims it's the least unhealthy fastfood there is account of the veggies and TVP filler, admittedly more of an indictment of other fastfood than a commendation of Taco Bell.

Chipotle is good too, but twice as expensive. It's better eaten later once you get home and can properly stir up the ingredients in a mixing bowl. If you don't get lettuce, your faux-Mexican amalgam will retain its texture after reheating the next day. Lettuce is gross reheated, though.

The Angry Whopper is the most delicious sandwich on this planet and I'm super glad it's seasonal with like half the rotation of the McRib else I'd be even more presidential than I already am. I hope it's available on the day I kill myself, 'cause I can't think of a better way to die than engorged with zesty burgs. :yum:

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to kill myself, but :capitalism:.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

spit on my clit posted:

every time i hear chipotle i think of the long angry post about how some guy ordered a burrito and it was tremendously hosed up

I don’t know this post but how do they mess it up when you see them make it and tell them what to do every step of the way?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

That's pretty good compared to the local "authentic" mexican places in my hometown that get replaced with new owners every 9-12 months because of rampant health code violations.

PHUO?: my hometown sucks but it's one saving grace is the cuisine of actual local mexican places that anyone from further away than New Mexico describes, inevitably, as "inauthentic."

Because the food a bunch of mexican folks who describe themselves as mexican, in a place that used to be Mexico, is different from what you get in Cancun. (Or worse, California) that makes it "inauthentic"

Because The United States of Mexico have exactly one cuisine right? Assholes?

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

spit on my clit posted:

this says a lot about your idea of our society...nah that line doesn't work as well. sorry, gangweed.

I don't know what this means but 1984 is dumb and Orwell is loved only by the most boring kind of urban middle class person.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
^ ^ ^
That middle-class person doesn't know that the policeman is George Orwell's (and our) natural enemy.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I first read this "United States of America" and thought, "Uh, yes? Salted greasy carbs, with any incidental nutrition or flavor surgically excised from the meal."

Can you describe this authentic cuisine? Every time I get "authentic"[-ish] Mexican cuisine, it always seems a little... Applebees-y? I have no idea but something about the taste-texture intersection seems just a little bit off. Preservatives to make the meal possible via ingredients that had to travel three-quarter way 'round the globe?
I live in Minnesota so *shrug*.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

"I eat Mexican food like you for breakfast."

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Tubgoat posted:

^ ^ ^
That middle-class person doesn't know that the policeman is George Orwell's (and our) natural enemy.

I first read this "United States of America" and thought, "Uh, yes? Salted greasy carbs, with any incidental nutrition or flavor surgically excised from the meal."

Can you describe this authentic cuisine? Every time I get "authentic"[-ish] Mexican cuisine, it always seems a little... Applebees-y? I have no idea but something about the taste-texture intersection seems just a little bit off. Preservatives to make the meal possible via ingredients that had to travel three-quarter way 'round the globe?
I live in Minnesota so *shrug*.

This is really the root of the problem tbh

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Off-taste due to perception of chain restaurant inauthenticity, like how different colored light make good food taste weird?

:tinfoil: Or maybe the researchers were loving abyssmal cooks who can gently caress up fried food and their methodolgy was not spot on! :tinfoil:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I kinda assume that all food made in Minnesota is some slight variation of tater tot casserole.

I think that's the root of Tubgoat's confusion, when they hear Mexican cuisine they think of tater tot casserole but made with "Mexican blend" cheese.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Tiggum posted:

well ok, demetri martin

Henchman of Santa posted:

I don’t know this post but how do they mess it up when you see them make it and tell them what to do every step of the way?

imagine a burrito where all the fillings are segmented instead of layered on top of each other. instead of a nice blend of the stuff, you'd basically be taking a big bite of one of five burritos glued together.

Shibawanko posted:

I don't know what this means but 1984 is dumb and Orwell is loved only by the most boring kind of urban middle class person.

someone hasn't read catch 22 by Joseph "George Orwell" Heller

spit on my clit has a new favorite as of 19:24 on May 7, 2019

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Just bite longer them, duh.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

If there was an economic collapse and the Trump refused to leave office and America broke apart into civil war and sectarian violence and suicide bombings, and millions died, it would all be worth it if it stopped this

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Gripweed posted:

If there was an economic collapse and the Trump refused to leave office and America broke apart into civil war and sectarian violence and suicide bombings, and millions died, it would all be worth it if it stopped this

I’m 10000x as excited for those as I ever was for Avengers 22: The Avenging

Spoilers the avengers win time travel happens everyone has hilarious snark

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Gripweed posted:

Why couldn't they just call it Star Wars 10 or something? Idiots.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

PHUO?: my hometown sucks but it's one saving grace is the cuisine of actual local mexican places that anyone from further away than New Mexico describes, inevitably, as "inauthentic."

Because the food a bunch of mexican folks who describe themselves as mexican, in a place that used to be Mexico, is different from what you get in Cancun. (Or worse, California) that makes it "inauthentic"

It's always made me lol that all of the food that Mexican people I've known make and eat, would be dismissed as inauthentic by white food snobs.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

they've spent over ten years making avatar 2 you can't expect me to believe they'd be putting out new avatars that often

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

What would an avatar sequel even be about? The cat people living in harmony? It was just pocahontas with cat people, there's nothing left to tell of their story without it just being a contrived palette swapped primitive natives vs big bad re-do.