Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Party In My Diapee posted:

First time i didn't want to listen to HH

Don’t. It’s one real bad ep!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah, I spoke too soon. First dud in ages.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Picked up near the end, but yeah Doug is an absolute energy drain

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
I thought was a big nothing of an episode. There's no measurable difference between listening to it and not, but it didn't actively hurt and passed the time during a commute.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Benson really sabotaged his own show a few years ago didn’t he? Made his most popular game boring, threw donuts for ten minutes each episode, and weirdly incorporated literal dead air into every loving show. As if the dead air from the donuts wasn’t enough.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Drunkboxer posted:

Benson really sabotaged his own show a few years ago didn’t he? Made his most popular game boring, threw donuts for ten minutes each episode, and weirdly incorporated literal dead air into every loving show. As if the dead air from the donuts wasn’t enough.

Does he still do a ton of live dates for the show? It seemed like once he stopped the weekly free show at UCB, he stopped being interested in it (and started doing all that donut and literal dead air stuff). He had such a good thing going and it got so bad really quickly. I unsubscribed years ago and the only time I remember it was still on was because he had TJ Miller guest a few months after being accused of rape and getting arrested for a bomb threat.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I assumed it ended for some reason, the listenership had to have tanked at least.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Are he and the other guy still doing Bane voices?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

WerthersWay posted:

Does he still do a ton of live dates for the show? It seemed like once he stopped the weekly free show at UCB, he stopped being interested in it (and started doing all that donut and literal dead air stuff). He had such a good thing going and it got so bad really quickly. I unsubscribed years ago and the only time I remember it was still on was because he had TJ Miller guest a few months after being accused of rape and getting arrested for a bomb threat.

Oh yeah. He does a bunch of DLM shows every month across the country. An area comedy club typically hosts a DLM taping once or twice a year. I always go to those, enjoying a basket of mozzarella sticks and a beer and 80 minutes of punchy comedy. It's always sold out, and makes for a fun afternoon (Best one I've been to was when his dates overlapped with Todd Glass wrapping up a 3 night run. Todd's knowledge of movies makes his knowledge of music seem encyclopedic.)

I don't listen to DLM otherwise.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Teenage Fansub posted:

Are he and the other guy still doing Bane voices?

I still really hope we get Gil Ozeri's Bane and Bobby Moynihan's Batman to meet someday on CBB. I love both their ridiculous takes on those already-ridiculous characters.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Who, me?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The eps fine.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Yeah, it’s worth listening to if only for the brief continuation of the Away ad drama.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Nemo posted:

Yeah, it’s worth listening to if only for the brief continuation of the Away ad drama.

I could feel Kevin cringing off-mic.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

And Hayes learning how to spell penis.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I will say that Doug calling a smart suitcase the dumbest thing you can buy followed by the quick "they would disagree" made me laugh. Otherwise, an underwhelming episode. Doug isn't really funny at all.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Doug Benson is 56 years old.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Doug Benson’s been dead for three years, he’s just too stoned to notice.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
DLM used to be a must-listen. I can't remember when I fell off, but knowing that the Leonard Maltin Game ended killed any possibility of me checking in again.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

LesterGroans posted:

DLM used to be a must-listen. I can't remember when I fell off, but knowing that the Leonard Maltin Game ended killed any possibility of me checking in again.

Yeah I stopped listening after he killed the game. But he was also getting very unfunny at running it.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Oh my loving god.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I assume it's 10 hours and 40 minutes of dead air. But I'm excited to find out.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
It's pretty cool of them to let Devin sneak in some of his weird music.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
Oh that's so tempting, gotta get that trial

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
Hey!

Hey!

Hey get out of that basket you kids!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I really appreciate the boys commitment to getting a good night's sleep.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

crimedog posted:

Oh that's so tempting, gotta get that trial

Worth it, for sure.

Also, from Reddit: At 02:26:27 they wake up and start talking for a bit. At around 03:33:40 weird distorted sounds start to creep in. At around 05:27:40 the distorted sounds start evolving into ambient music. 06:28:00 more of the snoring loops. 08:36:00 reversed snoring starts creeping in. Around 09:40:00 more distorted sounds start. Hard to pick anything out at this point. Mixture of everything thats been played before. 10:58:47 they wake up.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
It's perfect

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I really, really hope somebody makes fanart depicting their improved version of Sonic. "Put my man in some Timbs!"

Borrowed Ladder posted:

Hey!

Hey!

Hey get out of that basket you kids!

Hmm?
For me?
Thank you.

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 14:52 on May 8, 2019

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
For me??

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
thank you...

TransatlanticFoe
Mar 1, 2003

Hell Gem
hey sonic

nice tims

gotta go fast

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
Sean and Hayes were having a low key good time, so I rank it slightly above dud episodes where everyone sounds miserable

JustTheWorst
Sep 14, 2008

Filled with delicious shrimp!

JethroMcB posted:

I really, really hope somebody makes fanart depicting their improved version of Sonic. "Put my man in some Timbs!"

cant wait to see this bad boy on the silver screen

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yessss. I'd watch the hell outta that.

It looks like the art style of the guy who made the Paradigm adventure game.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

JustTheWorst posted:

cant wait to see this bad boy on the silver screen

It's perfect.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

feedmyleg posted:

Yeah, I spoke too soon. First dud in ages.

Tell that to Jineene Giraffalo and Vance Vann.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

So I'm making my way front to back through Action Boyz, and I'm at the Rock episode and was gasping laughing at Rodgers Flash audition story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

ManoliIsFat posted:

So I'm making my way front to back through Action Boyz, and I'm at the Rock episode and was gasping laughing at Rodgers Flash audition story.

His audition stories are great. As somebody with essential tremor, his story about being convinced he had Parkinson's is my favorite. Also his boxing gym one.

"What're you on, man? Uh-huh. Not here."